It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plants" in internet forums

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
No, the "official" story has the backing of the government and the MSM. Even a million conspiracy theorists cannot overpower their voice.

ONE conspiracy theorist can overpower their voice for a given individual if that individual believes the alternative narrative and not the "official story."
show me how you do that

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No, the "official" story has the backing of the government and the MSM. Even a million conspiracy theorists cannot overpower their voice.

ONE conspiracy theorist can overpower their voice for a given individual if that individual believes the alternative narrative and not the "official story."
show me how you do that

Say someone stops watching network news or reading newspapers and starts getting all their information from Alex Jones or David Icke or Rense or Michael Rivero or any of a number other sites. There are lots of people like this. I was once like this. The voice of the conspiracy theorist(s) overpowers the media for such a person.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

show me how you do that
Say someone stops watching network news or reading newspapers and starts getting all their information from Alex Jones or David Icke or Rense or Michael Rivero or any of a number other sites. There are lots of people like this. I was once like this. The voice of the conspiracy theorist(s) overpowers the media for such a person.
You misinterpreted your own words, "ONE conspiracy theorist can overpower" the "official story." Now it takes "Alex Jones or David Icke or Rense or Michael Rivero or any of a number other sites". When misquoting oneself, this is not a mistake but intentional. Simply an attempt to mislead or confuse others.

DISINFORMATION, otherwise said, and anything being said going forward by the same author must be expected to be attempting the same objective.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

show me how you do that

This is a pretty good point but on the other hand, the MSM isn't any better if you can't trust them. For people who don't trust the establishment, you might as well guess what's happening in the world as to watch the MSM. We've spent over a decade arguing about what really happened on 9/11 and as near as I can tell, there's no real way to know who to trust.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You misinterpreted your own words, "ONE conspiracy theorist can overpower" the "official story." Now it takes "Alex Jones or David Icke or Rense or Michael Rivero or any of a number other sites". When misquoting oneself, this is not a mistake but intentional. Simply an attempt to mislead or confuse others.

Oh for crying out loud. Do you know the meaning of the word "or"? Alex Jones OR David Icke....etc. Any ONE of those guys when relied upon for a primary source of news and information can overpower the mainstream media for that person.

DISINFORMATION, otherwise said, and anything being said going forward by the same author must be expected to be attempting the same objective.

I've politely made my point. You are attempting to obfuscate and have now played the "shill" card.
edit on 24-2-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

This is a pretty good point but on the other hand, the MSM isn't any better if you can't trust them. For people who don't trust the establishment, you might as well guess what's happening in the world as to watch the MSM. We've spent over a decade arguing about what really happened on 9/11 and as near as I can tell, there's no real way to know who to trust.

I'm not saying the MSM is "any better." My point is that alternative sources of information are usually not objective as well and can also lead to mental bias if relied on exclusively.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just as with food - any single source of intellectual "sustenance" can only lead to atrophy and illness. Thus the best approach is a balanced diet, with input from a variety of sources.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just as with food - any single source of intellectual "sustenance" can only lead to atrophy and illness. Thus the best approach is a balanced diet, with input from a variety of sources.

~Heff
That is correct, and the western, anglophone MSM is a single source, IMO. Lucky for those who
1) for some odd reason were struck by the impetus to become educated through other than MSM
2) have miraculously survived government sponsored education with the ability to recognize that the government is not an altruistic being,
3) are immune to being (politely) ridiculed - and being called "conspiracy theorist",
4) are literate in other languages to access non-anglophone media, and
5) have time available to do so.

That only leaves a few souls, far too few not to be drowned out by the financial power of TPTB.

edit on 24-2-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

3) are immune to being (politely) ridiculed - and being called "conspiracy theorist",

Just like being (impolitely) called a disinfo agent just for expressing an opinion someone disagrees with.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Just like being (impolitely) called a disinfo agent just for expressing an opinion someone disagrees with.

Except, one detail, I DID NOT call you a "disinfo agent", as the context you put it into implies.

If, however, you are just talking in general, then "Do unto others as you want them to do unto you." Since you don't want to be called "disinfo agent", then do you agree not to call anybody "conspiracy theorist" or "truther" or other derogatory, beligerent terms?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Would powerful establishments bother to install "plants" or moles into forums (such as this one) to try to subvert any ideology that is contradictory to the NWO status quo?

I think so.
well, it is a perfect, and I mean perfect media to do just that. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can be who or what they want to pretend to be, in this anonymous realm. Even deeper down the rabbits hole I have suspicions as to where the mindset came from to even institute this media called "Inter-Net". Was it truly devised to connect the intellectual dots of mankind, or was it to ultimately "Hack" it, from Within?

We find ourselves members of a "Conspiracy" web site, and some members are quite obviously "Anti-Conspiracy", just a very simple question here is, why are you here? Oh sure, disagreements will come up as to the mechanics of any given conspiracy, that is a given knowing humanity is not "Perfect" but some just pound away at the status ques position as if nothing else exists...... Why?

I have found that Hacks, moles, and plants are most active only in certain areas of research. when you stumble into one of these subjects you are attacked with a vengeance. It is almost as if you are trying to communicate with someone who is Possessed, and, fighting to protect their way of life.

Interesting that on Christian websites you don't see attacks against Christianity using beligerent terminology, on MSM you don't see attacks against MSM, on government website you don't see attacks. Makes me wonder why?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Interesting that on Christian websites you don't see attacks against Christianity using beligerent terminology, on MSM you don't see attacks against MSM, on government website you don't see attacks. Makes me wonder why?

I'm certain they are attacked on a daily basis, and the "Censors" are working overtime concealing the truths that are thrown at them. I myself have had a few comments "Disappear".

Or, is it your observation that "beligerent terminology" has no place in the human being environment? That we should all be cast from the same perfect and polite mold? Sometimes I suppose there are times and circumstances that will arise where nothing else will quite do. Slaves will never be, polite and perfect, in the eyes of the owner (s). For when one calculates their life and the possibilities withheld from them, the institutions that guide and control them, it is then that you realize what you truly are, a slave.

The slave owner can go on and on how he takes good care, and loves his precious belongings. But when one decides they no longer wish to be a mere possession physically or intellectually, we become, belligerent?

The Church, all religions, view us as a "Flock". Flocks are owned. The MSM view us as consumers to be misguided, and fleeced. The Governments view us as useless eaters that need to be culled and controlled, owned!

There is no such thing as a "New World Order", maybe one day it will come and the meek shall inherit the earth, but until then at least I, will be "Belligerent" to the the true owners, "The Old World Order".

Maybe be you enjoy, being "Owned", I don't.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Luv it, great quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Just by the by, dude: as regards our interaction on this thread YOU are the one who first used the term "conspiracy theorists" and framed the conversation --specifically "even a million conspiracy theorists" can't drown out the voice of TPTB.

You've called me a liar several times on this thread and you've accused me of spreading "disinfo."

My previous description of you and your behavior was deleted by the site. Use your imagination.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This OP wreaks of negativety as well as stating the obvious.

Its almost like asking if theres trolls on the internet.

Sheesh!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I honestly didn't know that seeds could grow on an internet forum, I would have thought the water would have fried the servers, and the dirt, i mean I have enough time keeping the dustbunnies out of my computer....

This was certainly an eye opener for me.. plants on a forum..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
absolutely. the government would spare no expense to ensure they keep enough confusion going and even going as far as to build fake information data bases to prove their points that they can lead everyone into.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join