It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the METEORS ARE REAL!! i just saw 2 miami fl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm in Miami and I missed it.
I know the area where the op was in.
Not far from my daily commute.

keep watching.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
all i can say is the more they fall ...the more we will find out about our origins

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I do not understand the title of OP's thread.

Of course meteors are real?

Little and big rocks pass through everyday.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I've seen a lot of meteors.

I've seen one very large fireball. But I'm just one set of eyes and I was in one location and I happened to be looking in the right direction (it was low on the horizon).

I've seen one fireball, a great experience. This was over straight over and to the side when I was on busy city streets and it came right towards us and silently exploded. On another occasion I was pretty deep in a U.S. national park at night and was, for lack of a better term, relieving myself of waterly fluids, when the entire surroundings and sky lit up with a silent light for two seconds, it must have been huge and there I was turned the other way. I saw the light though, so that counts a little.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Before anyone complaining

there have been a rare occurrences....

yes there are a few pictures of those "rocks" hitting

It has passed by ok?

Nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yeah its fine people rocks blow up over cities everyday. The media and people just discovered video cams this year so more are being discovered.

Give me a break stop the nay-saying without any substantiated evidence that you the all knowing have graced us with the " Everything's normal and its all OK" I am hardly scared about it but you shouldn't lie about anything you cant substantiate. This site was set up to inform as well as discuss theories, but naysayers like you without any evidence to back you up makes it hard to even want to enter a thread.

What yah gonna say when the next rock hits a city?
Its all fine all this is common and just happened last week and before that a hundred years ago. When a pattern of change emerges i like to know about it AND this definetly justifies a change in pattern.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

I am hardly scared about it but you shouldn't lie about anything you cant substantiate. This site was set up to inform as well as discuss theories, but naysayers like you without any evidence to back you up makes it hard to even want to enter a thread.

What would you have me to say?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I dont know if this was placed before:

www.meteorscan.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
All I am saying is that there is nothing to be worried about.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo i would say maybe 15-20 minutes ago at the street light of le jeune avenue and nw 7th st, 2 meteors almost caused a multiple vehicle car accident!..and i got front row seats to witness both of them! i was the first in line at the red light on le jeune ave, and IMMEDIATELY something caught my eye in the sky..you couldn't miss it! it started as a "swipe" for lack of better word..of light, and then BAM! a giant fireball and then it just went black, just disappeared probably lasted 2 seconds, and them again a second "ignition" near the same area it started with a streak of light and then a literal FIREBALL, im talking about like if the light ignited or caught on fire, it was so immense! 2 cars that were turning almost crashed into each other, and several people got out of their cars and pointed at the direction of the 2 fireballs.. i have seen a couple of "shooting stars" before, usually just a "swipe" of light streaking across lasting mili seconds, but god no! not this! it was HUGE and i could see the fire my god we are so helpless and puny!

so the OP saw 2 meteors
but the news only reported 1
is this the same event or 2 seperate events?

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
I found some recent footage of the Florida meteor sightings for ya,

im not speculating anything here
just wanting to clear up if the OP and the other reports are one and the same

edit on 18-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

We all have seen one or two fireballs in our lifetimes or none at all. It's special.

as to OP? I think he paid more attention to the sky.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
reply to post by ooYODAoo

proof or it didnt happen

is this realy all your offering to this thread = nothing!!!
a one liner no less aswell.
you have this as your signature?

Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny

you should be aware of the T&C's and also try contributing something worth reading

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Darn it... I have to.

Black kettle, black kettle (he cries, finger waiving at "Gez").

Yeah, me too.

And I won't succumb to the urge to add for the thirtieth time in the thread "and of COURSE meteors are real!"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just basically there is nothing to be worried about ok?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

nothing to be worried about

Do you pinky promise? Have a source on that or like my similar feeling, does it involve hunches and guts?

It's not that I don't (or do) agree with you, just curious where the certainty comes from... or are you (gasp) sent by the gov to calm the jittery flock before slaughter?! (Ahhhh, runs out...)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

OP, Meteors hit our atmosphere all time, its never stops. If you really want to have some fun buy yourself an inexpensive night vision scope, you will see 10x the number of "falling stars" than you would otherwise. Try to imagine a basketball on the beach, now push the basketball forard (don't roll it), all those grains of sand being pushed aside are like meteors crashing into our atmoshpere. If anything there are fewer meteors today then in our distant past because they are all being scooped up by planets etc.

Still they are very common, just bother to look up and on any clear night you are bound to see one if you have the patience.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There were some in Cuba and California. The one in Cuba was like Russia in that it exploded and the pressure wave broke windows, shook buildings, and hurt people. But don't expect much news on it because Cuba doesn't just give out information willy nilly.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
In the solar system there were two horrific periods. The early bombardment period, and the late bombardment period, and they were planet blasters, Who is to say we won't enter a third bombardment period. Comets for instance have been more numerous as well as asteroids over the past few decades. Could be something disturbed the Ort cloud and this stuff is headed our way.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
I would say that there is nothing out of the ordinary, just people are on the look out more than the usually would be and then whenever someone has seen something everyone will hear about it.

If someone is interested in astronomy and spends more time outside than others, looking up....and reading good books about the subject too...they know that those are called "bolides" and are "RELATIVELY" common.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by merlinthecat
[mo

edit on 18-2-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join