It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran confiscates Buddha statues to stop promotion of Buddhism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Incidently, you know when FlyersFan and I are on the same page about an issue, either the apocalypse has come, or there is a pretty black and white way of seeing some aspects of things.

This is simple...a takeover of speech and freedom of religion by a state. This should be universally condemned by governments, by joe's on the street, etc...even by all but the very tip top of the Iranian government should be grumbling (after all, they got family that will be living there once they are gone).

Nobody has the right to tell what your neighbor can worship or say, period. Be it in New York, New Delhi, or anywhere in between.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We've had Iranian government puppets on this site previously.
I'm sure it won't be the last time.

I am 100% sure that the only one who can help a deluded person is himself.

You think that you are that important ? That some Iranian is putting time and effort to convince you ?

Think again.

I will not respond to you posts as much as it is needed.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If you wish to continue supporting the mostly defunct government that has to imprison anyone whom speaks out against them, that's your call..but history will judge you in the same way they judged others of that type...be it the redcoats, the Nazi's, the slave owners, etc. An example verses a ideal.

You raise a good point. I wonder how long it will be before the people of Iran say 'ENOUGH' and throw off the tyrants running their country? First it's barbie dolls .. then it's squirt guns and mullet hair styles .. and now they are moving on to Buddah statues (which are a part of the Buddhist religious ceremonies as I showed earlier). What's next?

Neda Asha Sultan. When she died I thought for sure that the people would shake off their government. But, unfortunately, that isn't the case.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have lived all my life here and I think there is no way to say "I know Iranian people."

But you say this by visiting and chatting with some Iranian.

Life is not that simple ,it is also correct about human beings

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If you wish to continue supporting the mostly defunct government that has to imprison anyone whom speaks out against them, that's your call..but history will judge you in the same way they judged others of that type...be it the redcoats, the Nazi's, the slave owners, etc. An example verses a ideal.

You raise a good point. I wonder how long it will be before the people of Iran say 'ENOUGH' and throw off the tyrants running their country? First it's barbie dolls .. then it's squirt guns and mullet hair styles .. and now they are moving on to Buddah statues (which are a part of the Buddhist religious ceremonies as I showed earlier). What's next?

Neda Asha Sultan. When she died I thought for sure that the people would shake off their government. But, unfortunately, that isn't the case.

Neda agha was killed by light weapon from near distant.

She was dead in the crowd.

She was supposed to be a dead music queen and I am 100 % sure that Zionists killed her.

Time will tell us soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The only delusion going on is that some people aren't accepting the fact that the Iranian government runs the media and censors the internet for Iranians. I posted the facts. I named names. Just deal with the truth of it. And yes, we have had Iranian government agents on this site previously. They were easy to spot. Their propaganda was

That being said .. Unless someone can prove that Iran isn't confiscating Buddhist statues then it's pretty clear that the Iranian government, once again, is not following the laws of it's land. The law states religious tolerance. "Cleansing' Buddhist statues in order to keep Iranian 'culture' clear of influence ... that's not exactly allowing religious freedom.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have lived all my life here and I think there is no way to say "I know Iranian people."

But you say this by visiting and chatting with some Iranian.

Life is not that simple ,it is also correct about human beings

I don't pretend to be an expert on the culture, or the people.
I am barely qualified to give a full assessment of my own little town and their mentality (sometimes I swear they are all insane).
But I do know that from my exposure, the government is not some worshipped marvel doing the will of the people. They are doing what they feel they need to do in order to remain in power. Arguably this is everywhere on earth, but again, imprisoning people whom voice opposition, shooting down people whom protest, and removing freedom of speech..ya..that is a government against its people..

If you live in Iran, you should perhaps care about where your country is going. People should have pride in their countries...pride does not mean nationalistic blindness to its gaping issues. Your government is not your country, the people and ideals they develop are.
Can you honestly say your satisfied with where its going?
answer just that one last question

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Neda agha was killed by light weapon from near distant.She was dead in the crowd.
She was supposed to be a dead music queen and I am 100 % sure that Zionists killed her.

There it is. The Iranian government murdered her with a shot in the back, fired from a rooftop of a private home, but they cover it up and blame 'the Zionists'. The Iranian government killed her because she was a female singer, which is something the Iranian government doesn't like, and because she protested them. But the shadowy 'Zionists' are easy for them to pin the murder on.

NY Times

Like I said, Iranian media is state run.
Good luck finding truth anywhere in it.

Just like the Iranian government isnt' following it's own law about religious tolerance.
The 'cleansing' of Buddhist statues is proof of that.
edit on 2/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by beezzer
Time for some Buddhists to burn some korans!

Fair is fair, right?

That's bad Karma dude. You could come back as a Koran one day

Oh Lordy!. . . oops I mean. . .

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Time will tell us soon.

So, in a crowd under live fire from government troops...the only ones that die then are clearly from the jooz...

gotcha.

Not delusional at all..no worries...totally.
And if it wasn't the Zionists, it was probably aliens..or orcs..damn orcs! Anyone but the guys in uniform shooting at people..they are shooting people with love bullets which make people happy and want to dance. Can't be them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Iran doesn't mind exporting their muslim culture.

The USA doesn't mind exporting it's....well you can't really say culture. But McDonalds in virtually every country on earth that's really lovely.

Perhaps you should learn about the history of Iran before spouting usual tired rhetoric and ignorance about the country. You act like Iranians are frightening monsters out to get you.

If this was the 1950s you'd be making threads banging on about communism and the Soviet Union.

I mean Fox News really? If somebody posted a link from Press TV you'd be contemptuous and I don't see why Fox News should be viewed any different.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Iran has Muslims, Jews, Christians and many other religions. In fact, it has the highest population of Jews, besides Israel.

It is there choice and right if they do not want a religion that is not native to their lands. Why should buddha statues be allowed? What purpose do they serve? You see how those peaceful Indians treat Muslims? Tit for Tat.

Yeah, another religion to create more problems is exactly what Iran needs...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Exactly. There are a lot of uneducated people that speak about Iran in this community. I have met 4 Iranians and I would pick them over the average liberal dummy, any day.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Iran doesn't mind exporting their muslim culture.

The USA doesn't mind exporting it's....well you can't really say culture. But McDonalds in virtually every country on earth that's really lovely.

Perhaps you should learn about the history of Iran before spouting usual tired rhetoric and ignorance about the country. You act like Iranians are frightening monsters out to get you.

If this was the 1950s you'd be making threads banging on about communism and the Soviet Union.

I mean Fox News really? If somebody posted a link from Press TV you'd be contemptuous and I don't see why Fox News should be viewed any different.

Now I may be wrong, but last time I checked, people weren't being beheaded because they didn't order a Big Mac and a milkshake.

But who knows. I always get the McRib anyways.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Your post one has more rhetoric than all of mine put together. I posted facts .. not rhetoric or ignorance .. but facts. The Iranian government is getting rid of the Buddhist statues that the citizens of Tehran have. If you have a problem with the information .. prove it wrong. Fine by me if you can ..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by notasdumbasyou
Why should buddha statues be allowed? What purpose do they serve?

Iranina law states that there is religious tolerence to be practiced.
That is one reason why they should be allowed.
Taking away people's buddha statues is NOT practicing religious tolerance.
The other .. people should be able to worship however they wish.

As for what purpose do the statues serve .. I previously posed exactly what purpose Buddha statues serve in the Buddhist faith. I suggest you read the thread ....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh it's not the information I have a problem with...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It's as if Fox News just HAVE to post a negative article about Iran. Because they're the ENEMY. Just to remind Americans.

Altogether now:

"WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS AND IRAN IS EVIL!"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by notasdumbasyou
There are a lot of uneducated people that speak about Iran in this community.

You just signed on to this site today.
You know nothing about who is on this site.

The subject of this thread is that Iran is confiscating the buddha statues from the citizens in Tehran supposedly in an effort to save their Iranian culture. That is the subject ... and unless you can post something that proves otherwise, it seems that we are all indeed very well educated on what is going on in Iran. I suggest that you read the opening post information so that you too can be educated on what is going on in Iran.

Oh .. and I do have a wonderful education.
I'd match you college degrees anyday ...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I mean the story is essentially pointless. It's only purpose is to reinforce the negative stereotype of Iran that has been perpetuated in your minds.

You're telling my you're genuinely losing sleep over the fact that Iranians don't have freedom of religion....or perhaps in this case the freedom to worship Buddha?

Would you be making a thread if this was about....say...Zimbabwe for example? Something tells me you wouldn't...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join