It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran confiscates Buddha statues to stop promotion of Buddhism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by buster2010
Prove the other religions are being driven out.

Prove that I said that the religions were being 'driven out'.

Good luck with that.
I said that the Iranian government does't follow the rules of it's own country.
The rules state that there will be religious freedom.
Obviously, that is not the case in real life.

Your own words they were being cleansed out.

The government is 'cleansing' them out.

edit on 17-2-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another thread I thought that had potential but just turned into a bitchfest. Welcome to ATS. :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Another thread I thought that had potential but just turned into a bitchfest. Welcome to ATS. :shk:

You sound surprised.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Yet people here are always coming to the defense of Iran.

Pfffffft.

You think Iran is so great, go live under their oppression. And try to openly practice your religion while you are at it.

It's their country they can do what they want in it. What gives you or anyone else the right to say what they can or cannot do in it.

Bombs

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Or maybe it is blind anti-Iran thread by you.

This is a typical desperate ploy by someone who can't face the facts presented.
FACT - the laws of Iran promise religious freedom.
FACT - the Iranian government is 'cleansing' Buddhist statues.
FACT - that means, the Iranian government is not following it's own laws.

It's not that hard to understand.
Just take off the iran-rose-colored-glasses and see the simple facts.

So , you must read Iranian laws more carefully and see the back doors you missed to see.

What is your intentions of making such threads ?

Lets go liberate Iran ?

Let's use our bombs ?

Let's make another Afghanistan ? or Iraq ?

Just show little honesty and good will . so , I will be your friend and follower.
edit on 17-2-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You sound surprised.

I'm not. Off to FB. I don't know why people can't see what they are doing to the board. it's damn near unreadable.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

How is it not following it's law? The religion is allowed to be practiced.

Oh please .. are you really going there? Gawd ...
Basic facts about Buddhism

• What about Buddhist shrines and images?

The shrine found in Buddhist homes or temples is a focal point of Buddhist observances. At the centre of the shrine, there is usually an image of the Buddha. This image may be made of a variety of materials such as marble, gold, wood or even clay. The image is a symbol that helps people to recall the qualities of the Buddha.

The shrine may also have such objects as a volume of Buddhist scriptures to represent the Dharma. Some shrines may include other items such as images, pictures or photographs of Buddhist monks and masters to represent the Sangha. When a Buddhist stands before a shrine, the objects he sees on it help him to recall the qualities that are found in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. This inspires him to work towards cultivating these qualities in himself.

• Why do Buddhists bow?

In Buddhism, the traditional gesture of reverence to the Triple Gem is to place the palms of both hands together and raise them high in front, usually up to the level of the forehead. In order to express deep veneration, a Buddhist may bow or prostrate before the image of the Buddha, members of the Sangha and the masters of the Teaching. When a Buddhist prostrates before an image, he acknowledges the fact that the Buddha has attained the perfect and supreme Enlightenment. Such an act helps the Buddhist to overcome egoistic feelings and he becomes more ready to listen to the Teaching of the Buddha

Funny how it's always the Israeli lapdogs the always cry the loudest about the bad things Iran does.

why bring Israel into the discussion when in fact Israel has nothing to do with any of this. It's the government of Iran that is the subject .. nothing to do with Israel.

At least you admit that what Iran is doing is a 'bad thing'.

edit on 2/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Your own words they were being cleansed out.

Dude .. THAT IS FROM THE ARTICLE. The Iranian official said they were 'cleansing them out' and that the 'cleansing' would continue .... :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Another thread I thought that had potential but just turned into a bitchfest.

I'm just posting facts. Some people can't handle it. Shame on them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I get the idea that the abrahamic faiths have a real problem with Budhism. I watched a documentary called the Dharma Brothers. About the use of meditation with inmates in a maximum security prison in America. The program was proving really successful and having a real effect on the inmates. The project was closed down after the local Christian church found out. What are they scarred of?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You should understand that, unlike in Iran, we have freedom of speech here and we can discuss the fact that governments do not always follow the laws of their land. We are free to expose the fact that governments behave badly. We can discuss facts without the government interfering with pro-government rhetoric or coverup. SOME members here may not like that we all can discuss any subject we want .. but too freak'n bad for them.

Lets go liberate Iran ?
Let's use our bombs ?

Grow up. No one said anything like that. :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Time for some Buddhists to burn some korans!

Fair is fair, right?

link   
plenty of buddah statues available online ...

# Buddha Statues On Sale
Huge Selection Of Buddhist Items.
BuddhaGroove.com/Free-Shipping Sacred Symbols & Unbeatable Prices!

this is possibly disinformation.

link   

Iran has a Islamic republic system which is chosen by it's people.

Yes, with their free,open, and fair elections.
(lulz)

You may either don't know Islam

Well, I know em (I spent plenty a time in the middle east(Egypt...close enough), worked side by side for years with an Iranian and a Syrian also.

Are muslims in general tolerant? Sure.
Are governments tolerant? hehee..not so much..in that not at all way. Some places like Jordan are a bit better..but overall, no. Theocracy doesn't allow for true tolerance. Token amounts of this and that religion are allowed to exist for purposes of political correctness and to demonstrate how they are tolerant, but lets not pretend that other religions aren't treated as second class citizens.

The youth of Iran grows weary of the theocracy and corruption. You know what I found out what the average 20-30 something wants in Egypt? They want a playstation..they want to ride ATVs on the beach, and visit vegas. They want to read books, watch comedy shows, eat good food, not join the military, and not told what to do by the government

I think anyone defending governments like Iran saying its the will of the people to have a suppressive government have no clue what the people of the middle east are like. The traditionalists are on their way out, and every corrupt election will see more and more protesting until either once again the government is overthrown, or the election is actually forced into being a honest one and moderates prevail.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You should understand that, unlike in Iran, we have freedom of speech here and we can discuss the fact that governments do not always follow the laws of their land. We are free to expose the fact that governments behave badly. We can discuss facts without the government interfering with pro-government rhetoric or coverup. SOME members here may not like that we all can discuss any subject we want .. but too freak'n bad for them.

Lets go liberate Iran ?
Let's use our bombs ?

Grow up. No one said anything like that. :shk:

I know that it is said that American people have more freedom.

But is it functional ?

There are many facts that your govt played you and invaded and killed other nations.

What could you do ?

There are TSA , gun ban , surveillance drones and other problems in your country , but your gun point is always on Iran.

Why did I say gun point ?

Because these reasons are gun point.

Your govt uses reasons such as "human rights , wmds , terrorism , national security" to invade other countries.

So , when you just talk about problems of Iranian people , you are helping your govt to invade Iran.

I know that Iran is not perfect . But I know that US is not perfect also.

I rather let American people solve their own problems as well as like Iranian people to solve their problems.

I hope that I am clear and there is no misunderstanding in my sentences.

Please, think more about my words later.

with respect.
peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Time for some Buddhists to burn some korans!

Fair is fair, right?

That's bad Karma dude. You could come back as a Koran one day

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think anyone defending governments like Iran saying its the will of the people to have a suppressive government have no clue what the people of the middle east are like. The traditionalists are on their way out, and every corrupt election will see more and more protesting until either once again the government is overthrown, or the election is actually forced into being a honest one and moderates prevail.

Dude I am Iranian.

But My only guess is that you have been much influenced by your MSM.

You just have a dream in your mind

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I know that Iran is not perfect . But I know that US is not perfect also.

I rather let American people solve their own problems as well as like Iranian people to solve their problems.

I hope that I am clear and there is no misunderstanding in my sentences.

Please, think more about my words later.

I disagree with this a bit. I know you weren't directing this at me, but bear with me and hear me out for a second.
I personally would not want to see warfare of any type for these issues with Iran, but what I do believe in happening is a groundswell of global condemnation from -people- itself over real issues to effect the mindset of others. If some youth in iran notes that ultimately the world is grumbling at irans removal of X or Y liberty..they may become influenced by thisand also think its wrong. Fight from within.

Eventually Iran and other countries will, simply by cultural influence, be forced to allow for personal libertys..by reason or sword of their own people.

Freedom of speech is the most important human freedom we have..far above and beyond any other. Once a people lose their voice, they have nothing...I am of the opinion that it is the responsibility of every civilized country to push for and enforce at least this one human dignity to every nation on earth. Would you turn your back from a person whom has been physically gagged by someone because they spoke of things the other didn't want to hear? This is not some principled stance..it is pretending it doesn't exist. That is a morally bankrupt position to stand.

The world has problems..the world will always have problems.
I personally have problems in my house..does that mean because I am not living a perfect life that I cannot be a helpful friend to people outside of my house? The whole "your not perfect therefore you cannot help/judge others" argument is invalid.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Dude I am Iranian.
... you have been much influenced by your MSM.

The media in Iran is STATE RUN. I'm sure that YOU have been influenced by your media as much, or more likely even more, than anyone in the USA. Television .. print media .. the internet ...

Which reminds me .. Wall Street Journal - Iran's Censors Tighten Grip

Iran hasn't been shy about its bids to monitor, filter and block content on the Internet. Now it has taken the next leap, turning online censorship into an institution.

In the past week, the government has announced it has formed a high council dedicated to cleansing the country's Internet of sites that threaten morality and national security, launching what amounts to a centralized command structure for online censorship.

The Supreme Council of Cyberspace, created by decree last week by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, includes heads of intelligence, militia, security and the powerful Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, as well as media chiefs. Charged with supervising all cyberactivity, it will have the power to enact laws, according to state media.

We've had Iranian government puppets on this site previously.
I'm sure it won't be the last time.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

Dude I am Iranian.

But My only guess is that you have been much influenced by your MSM.

You just have a dream in your mind

And again, I worked for years with an Iranian woman (she actually introduced me to the culture, her family, etc). No..my firsthand knowledge came from an accountant working outside of London and long chats with her over many, many years.
Even defended her from a co-worker twat whom knew nothing about islam and tried to apologise by giving her a bottle of wine (blew his mind when she rejected it, but that paled in comparison to when I said she didn't eat pork either.)
Country: beautiful, People: modern and arguably western, Government: old theocratic regime that took over long before the current gen was even around.
Let me ask you this. Do you find it acceptable for the Iranian government to start going more theocratic? maybe try and live up to the wonderful example of the Taliban pre war where they would simply blow up statues? Do you want to see moral police whipping people on the streets?

If I was educated by the MSM about Iran, I would think the entire country, from citizen to jurist, was some sort of evil war hawk traditionalist xenophobe. I know better. and I know these moves are by a government in their death throes that day by day lose influence by their people.

If you wish to continue supporting the mostly defunct government that has to imprison anyone whom speaks out against them, that's your call..but history will judge you in the same way they judged others of that type...be it the redcoats, the Nazi's, the slave owners, etc. An example verses a ideal.

And frankly, any government that gives in its speech "death to America (my country)" is asking to be lit up. If I got a gun, and someone has a gun also, and is waving it around saying he will shoot me...that person will get 2 in the head about .4 nanoseconds after.

The Iranian people are my equal
The government of Iran as it stands now are beneath my dog with a weak bladder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join