It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Honeybee Die Off in Montecito, California

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I am all for growing your own, but this is now affecting the large crops,
just hit the news that the almond growers in CA may not have enough bees
for pollination, which will affect the worlds supply of almonds.

So this year its almonds, next season? The one after that?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think its time, its now or maybe never to stop this extinction event.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If people don't care enough about the bees to do something about it...Do you really think that they'll do anything when we start dropping dead like the bees?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Montecito... Monsanto... coincidence? Or is the complex Gaia consciousness trying to poetically communicate with us by use of similar names.

And okay, I'm sorta being facetious but look up place names, like ones with "devil" in the name, and anomalous occurrences.

And while at it look up "Gaia Hypothesis" and "James Lovelock." Cool, thought provoking reading for those that haven't been aware of it for ever.

edit on 2/18/2013 by Baddogma because: Struck and errant "r"

edit on 2/18/2013 by Baddogma because: ditto but place

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If the Homey bees die off we only have 3 to 5 years to survive, without them to pollinate tthe crops no crops grow, therefore no food. This should be watched very closely. Here is a short Link to give an idea: foodmatters.tv...
edit on 18-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Theres a storma brewin on this planet, this blatant destruction and desolation of our eco system is becoming more than just a catalyst of our very own demise. It is becoming a clear indication that evolution might be leaving us behind, besides we only seem to be smart in our own groups for our own benefit. For the people, damn it! keep getting that one wrong. For the profits!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Corporate bodies are without a doubt the most destructive biological conglomerate this world has ever boasted. The individuals dictating all this are making the devil look good, and I mean real good. I just can't wait for them to realize how profoundly screwed up they are. This lack of insight, blatantly turning our backs on mother nature. Now their considering making gmo's to pollinate their gmo's, I'm guessing Conagra is involved? The consequence... things are going to get real bad. Why do yawl keep making babies?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomcake

Hi Doomcake,

Welcome to ATS, and thanks for your comments!

edit on 18-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As you might expect, there is another side to the discussion. Here's a portion of one article coming to a different conclusion:

Global bee populations have, indeed, struggled in recent years, but although researchers point to a number of possible causes, neonicotinoids are perhaps the least likely culprit. The bee protection organization COLOSS (Prevention of honey bee COlony LOSSes) compared surveys of honey bee losses in 2009 and 2010 in Europe with the rates of neonicotinoid application in the same geographical areas (in a separate survey). They found no correlation.

The main suspects for causing bee deaths are viruses and other pests acting in tandem, especially the aptly named Varroa destructor mite. These parasites attach to honeybees and appear to be “both a disseminator and activator of a number of bee viruses,” according to a report on honeybee disease in Europe by the Food and Environment Research Agency. In countries experiencing bee decline, Varroa is a feared and growing presence among beekeepers – even if neonicotinoids are absent. For example, in upland areas of Switzerland where neonicotinoids are not used, bee colony populations are under significant pressure from the mites; and in France, declines in the bee population in mountainous areas are similar to those on agricultural land (although neonicotinoids are commonly used in the latter but not in the former).

Conversely, where Varroa mites are not present, bee populations thrive even when neonicotinoids are heavily used. For example, Australia, which is currently Varroa-free, boasts a thriving bee population in spite of widespread use of neonicotinoids. In fact, their bees are so healthy that Australian beekeepers export queen bees and nucleus hives to countries with declining populations. (Emphasis added)

Bee death causes
Please consider other thoughts on the subject.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't like to see this kind of information. I couldn't read the OP, it would just depress me..

I like bumble bees and honey bees. I wish there was something I could do to help them. We have a lot of ups and downs in the bee populations around here from the winters. I wait for them to come around in the spring.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join