It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Actually, moot or a moot point is something that is irrelevant to the present topic. Like for instance, the topic of this thread is a moot point with regards to the gun control debate.

well, insignificant and irrelevant are pretty much the same, either way it is a big difference from mute. The topic of the thread is very relevant to the debate as it is a satirical story that points out the flaw of the gun control crowds favorite talking points in that "guns kill people" .

That statement is blatantly false and absurd. It is the person that uses the tool that is ultimately to blame, and not the tool itself. The discussion that should be talked about is about the state of mental health care in our society and the problems that are associated with SSRI's that cause some people to go bats**t crazy and slaughter dozens of people. However those topics do not get discussed because it is much better for Big Pharma if the lemmings are preoccupied with endless debates over whether an inanimate object is evil or not.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: format

edit on 18-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: format round 2

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I love smoking guns the only problem is keeping it burning.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
it's nice to see that the empty-headed anti-gun crowd is still keepin' it real...

...real dumb.

it's also nice to see that all the logical arguments have been ignored (including mine), and the replies have just been more empty-headed nonsense, circular logic, and refusing to debate properly, due to an utter inability to back up their views...

All i see are rational, sane people, making good, logical, common sense arguments, and being met with ignorant nonsense in return...

this thread is destined for ATS history....

i challenge any one of you empty-headed, pie in the sky, anti-gun zombies to debate me....i mean properly debate me....one on one, in this thread...i can (pardon the pun) shoot down any argument you come up with.

If the others will agree NOT to reply to posts made to me, i will gladly debate one of you.

Any takers?
edit on 18-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

This will be good, cant wait to see how this goes. No interruptions from me.
obviously I'm rooting for the pro gunners here.

Eta: this would be a good one for the debate forum.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I will stay out of it Daed, I am truly wondering if anyone will take up the mantle for thier cause.

My suspicion is that it would devolve into something like this though.....

LALALALALALALA!!! Guns are BAD!!!! LALALALALALALA!!!

Daddy said SO!!! LALALALALALALA!!!!!!

Excuse me, I will be right back, Daddy president said it is time to take my Zoloft, Prozac, and Paxil regiment because he said they are the new vitamins and he wouldn't lie!!

LALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!

New presidential slogan

Drink your school, stay in drugs, and say NO to milk!!
edit on 18-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: my new favorite quote I just found

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i doubt i'll get any takers...

if i do though, this should be good..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
i doubt i'll get any takers...

if i do though, this should be good..

I'm sorry, I think I ran them off by making too much sense. I will try harder to be more irrational next time so they may stick around longer.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'd be glad to take the topic to the debate forum as well. If nobody wants to debate you, maybe they'd be more confident debating me.

It would be a great way to lay down the facts in one nice, tight format.

I'd be surprised if either of us get any takers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I'd be glad to take the topic to the debate forum as well. If nobody wants to debate you, maybe they'd be more confident debating me.

It would be a great way to lay down the facts in one nice, tight format.

I'd be surprised if either of us get any takers.

whatever floats your boat, brother...

i have a habit of writing very long, very well thought out posts, that contain facts, knowledge, reason, and sense....for some reason, that makes people not want to debate me, lol

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mmitsch7

GUNS dont Kill people nor do the Operators. Bullets kill people

seabag
After 34 pages and hundreds of intelligent responses from ATS members, that’s what you’ve concluded??? Bullets kill people???

OP, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What they are saying is simple really, maybe I can explain it to you....The people who work the machines that make bullets murder/kill people, the machines that press the metal, load the powder, and mount the lead tip murder/kill people, the maintenance men who keep the machines working are the true culprit killers-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit on 19-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

OP, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what they are saying is simple really, maybe I can explain it to you....The people who work the machines that make bullets murder/kill people, the machines that press the metal, load the powder, and mount the lead tip murder/kill people, the maintenance men who keep the machines working are the true culprit killers----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly, deciding to jump off a tall building doesn't kill the suicidal person, it was the man that swept the sidewalk in front of the building that actually kills the jumper.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

The discussion that should be talked about is about the state of mental health care in our society and the problems that are associated with SSRI's that cause some people to go bats**t crazy and slaughter dozens of people. However those topics do not get discussed because it is much better for Big Pharma if the lemmings are preoccupied with endless debates over whether an inanimate object is evil or not.

By your reasoning seabag is a lemming, how disrespectful

edit on 19/2/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Cmon, it's post like that I dont understand. I have not heard of any proposed ban on guns. The laws they propose are far less threatening to those that covet their killing devices.

To answer your question, hypothetically (since what you posted simply is just not really happening), no. If guns were somehow banned outright, I do expect that ammo would no longer be available either (law of supply and demand). That said, over time, the likliehood of the "bad guys" having a gun that actually has ammo would diminish to the point it would be rare and very expensive for a "bad guy" to shoot someone.

In that scenario, the Govt would still be armed and guns from other countries would still exist, although at a price the average street thug could not afford.

Again, I'm not for or against gun control so any attacks on me as one or the other will simply be ignored. I do think the language I hear on the MSM and here is alarmist and paranoia. "They" are proposing a ban on automatic weapons (mass killing devices) and limits on the amount of ammo a magazine can hold. Not an outright ban on firearms in general.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Cmon, it's post like that I dont understand. I have not heard of any proposed ban on guns. The laws they propose are far less threatening to those that covet their killing devices.
Read the Feinstein bill. There are 150+ guns on the ban list. Read the 94' gun ban. That also banned the sale of many types of firearms. This is exactly how things started in Australia. You're being dishonest if you still claim there's no gun grab attempt at this point.

To answer your question, hypothetically (since what you posted simply is just not really happening), no. If guns were somehow banned outright, I do expect that ammo would no longer be available either (law of supply and demand). That said, over time, the likliehood of the "bad guys" having a gun that actually has ammo would diminish to the point it would be rare and very expensive for a "bad guy" to shoot someone.
That's naive, sir. Drugs are illegal yet they are readily available and billions of dollars per year change hands. As long as there are drugs there will be guns. No law can ever make them disappear. Any attempt (and there is one underway) will only hurt regular folks, not the criminal underworld.

Some responses I've read on this issue really make me question the sanity of people in this world. The fact that some people think the best course of action in response to gun violence is to disarm is mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How long did it take you to conduct this amazing experiment?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

The discussion that should be talked about is about the state of mental health care in our society and the problems that are associated with SSRI's that cause some people to go bats**t crazy and slaughter dozens of people. However those topics do not get discussed because it is much better for Big Pharma if the lemmings are preoccupied with endless debates over whether an inanimate object is evil or not.

By your reasoning seabag is a lemming, how disrespectful

edit on 19/2/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

We all are, some willingly and some not willingly. The point is there are more important topics that should be discussed that are being ignored, because we have to defend our 2nd amendment rights from a rabid group of willing lemmings.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Its quite odd then that bullets are found in dead and living gun shot victims. Even in your deliberately specious non-argument; if the trigger mechanism of the weapon were activated and a vital part of a person lined up with the barrel, the gun would indeed kill them.

Now I can sit and stare at you with intentions of murder all day and into the night and nothing is EVER going to happen.

Those of us who live in civilization just don't have that much need for the damn lethal things. We have all outgrown the gun and all the silly Romantic-epic-hero bull# that goes with it. Lets just admit it and move on.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunatux
reply to post by seabag

Its quite odd then that bullets are found in dead and living gun shot victims. Even in your deliberately specious non-argument; if the trigger mechanism of the weapon were activated and a vital part of a person lined up with the barrel, the gun would indeed kill them.

Now I can sit and stare at you with intentions of murder all day and into the night and nothing is EVER going to happen.

Those of us who live in civilization just don't have that much need for the damn lethal things. We have all outgrown the gun and all the silly Romantic-epic-hero bull# that goes with it. Lets just admit it and move on.

I can guarantee that some of those who sit and stare with intent to murder will find a way to accomplish it if they are seriously dead set on the idea. The weapon (or lack of) used is inconsequential.

What planet might that be where the need for lethal devices of self defense does not exist and is not necessary?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunatux
reply to post by seabag

Wow, really? Still a PERSON still has to aim the weapon. I have never met a person that has been shot and survive say a gun shot me. they say so and so shot me with a shotgun or what have you.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am not surprised at the number of frivolous people on this site . Arguing about silly little points when their lives are on the line . The Globalist aren't playing when they want to disarm you . Their aim is like in the UK where they have totally castrated the men there . They have taken with multiple actions all their guns. Now the people are defenceless against the power hungry politicians who are selling them out wholesale to the NWO . Read the Protocols of Learned Elders of Zion . Get past all the BS that the Jews did not write it and do read it . You will see why they need to disarm the world . They have almost completed that operation . Americas guns are a roadblock to the NWO and that is their statement as well as Christianity is a roadblock to them . They have been working on both .
This war on guns is a direct attack on your Constitution and Bill of Rights and your right to own private property and cars and everything you like . Agenda21 is the UN instrument to enslave you .

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join