It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Smarter to go after the conditioning (not "conditions") that leads to the urge to kill. All this debate is senseless. They can take all the guns away AFAIC.The only useful thing you can do with them is.. Well... Kill.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Isn't that a pretty simplistic view though?

I mean, really, do you think some idiot in DC can sign a new law banning guns and somehow all the guns disappear from the hands of criminals?

It's already against the law for criminals (felons) to own guns. How's that working out???

edit on 18-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Nicotine is a very poisonous chemical. Nor do cigarettes just contain nicotine.. Your argument is mute. Try again.. Little harder next time maybe. Sometimes I think I'm so clever, I dont understand the words coming out of my own mouth..

p.s. If you really think nicotine is not that poisonous, try sticking 10 nicotine patches on yourself.. Make sure you write a will, as it will be your demise.. Truth speaks louder than opinion.
edit on 18-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

re read my post I never said cigarettes only have nicotine in them, you think I was born yesterday plus I'm a smoker,
and duh anything in large quantities is bad for you even water. moderation is a good thing people.

PS. get off your high horse you ain't that clever.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

by the way nicotine patches contain other chemicals besides nicotine pull your head out of your butt.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

HAHA you are dead correct. Some idiots did use to think smoking was healthy for you. Now you have idiots thinking guns are healthy for you instead. I guess some things never change now do they...

The biggest difference is that smoking isn’t a constitutionally protected right…keeping and bearing arms is!

Isn’t it funny how some people will complain about guns being dangerous in the hands of their neighbors yet those same people totally support the government having guns. Who is responsible for more death – the government or your neighbor?

edit on 18-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

re read my post I never said cigarettes only have nicotine in them, you think I was born yesterday plus I'm a smoker,

Your post was reductionist in nature. Again I state again your argument is mute. In regards to your age I really wouldn't like to guess, but since you put me on the spot I would say you are probably to young to smoke...

and duh anything in large quantities is bad for you even water. moderation is a good thing people.

One drop of pure nicotine is enough to kill a human being. Does that seem like a large quantity to you.. Further, some things in large quantities are good for you. Like love for example, you dont find that at the end of a gun now do we...

PS. get off your high horse you ain't that clever.

by the way nicotine patches contain other chemicals besides nicotine pull your head out of your butt.

I got off my horse to speak to you. Maybe thats why my heads up my butt...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
guns are dumb,
low consciousness thought of it and created it.
they do not serve humanity and never will.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes seabags. You make a fair and valid point.. Why isn't smoking protected by the constitution.. Maybe you could lobby to have the constitution changed.. Wouldn't want the government to take any more rights to kill yourself away from you..

Again seabag I agree. The US government is responsible for genocide. I would not like them over here in the UK.. Almost as much as the people of Afghanistan and Iran do not want them there either.. It is nice to see us agreeing for a change. Please for free to come round for tea and cake... Further, restrain from bringing your gun. In the UK you will probably get arrested. And I wouldnt want you eating porridge and have to come and visit you in high security prison... Here in the UK in matters of social discourse we tend not to shoot each other. Instead we find it rather more pleasant and amicable to discuss the matter and any further particulars over high noon tea and cake...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

yes I know nicotine oil can kill you did you know that's why they dry tobacco first.
and guess what buddy I graduated in 99 I think I'm plenty old enough to smoke, drink,drive,vote, and buy a gun.
now you have assumed something about me and made an ass of yourself good day sir.

I refused to waste any more time with you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

and guess what buddy I graduated in 99 I think I'm plenty old enough to smoke, drink,drive,vote, and buy a gun.

You seem a little touchy about your age. If I recollect it was you that bought the subject up not me. Really a little rude on your part to put me on the spot then case me for making an assumption.

I am glad you are old enough to smoke. I thought I was arguing with a childs logic.. Good day to you too and enjoy your smoking and guns....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

okay, one more thing, do you just think that we shoot people over here when we don't get along or what.
And excuse me for maybe being a little slow and maybe not comprihending things very well ive had two serious head injuries, so i make do with what i got.

Not touchy about my age, you made an invalid assumption about it, i corrected you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by cripmeister

Not at all but I also respect the constitution and last time I checked there was no proficiency test to qualify for 2nd amendment rights.

So your objection to CCW permits is not based on any type of deeper thought process, that's fine.

Why should I have to rush someone? Why should criminals be the only ones armed?

These are straw man arguments so I won't even adress them.

I believe her father did right before he was shot but I certainly wasn't there.

If you don't know the answer and can't defend your own viewpoints that's fine.

Regardless, any gun owner proficient with a semi-auto weapon knows how quickly a person can change magazines. Apparently you don't.

So all killers are equally skilled at handling semi-automatic weapons? There are never any mishaps when killers are changing magazines?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I do think you shoot people for no reason. I saw on the news a little while ago about some guy that walked into a school and killed loads of kids...

and no I do not see you as simple in any respect. I just find the whole gun argument rather silly from my perspective. If you do not mind me asking did you get your head injuries from playing with guns....

all the best

purp.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes seabags. You make a fair and valid point.. Why isn't smoking protected by the constitution.. Maybe you could lobby to have the constitution changed.. Wouldn't want the government to take any more rights to kill yourself away from you..

I don't smoke...and it's not illegal to smoke.

Again seabag I agree. The US government is responsible for genocide. I would not like them over here in the UK.. Almost as much as the people of Afghanistan and Iran do not want them there either.. It is nice to see us agreeing for a change.

Ummm...I was referring to the guns your government has. And you're right, people in the ME don't like your government poking around over there.

Please for free to come round for tea and cake... Further, restrain from bringing your gun. In the UK you will probably get arrested. And I wouldnt want you eating porridge and have to come and visit you in high security prison...

I have enough respect to honor the laws of your country. Based on the way you trash my constitutional rights in this thread, I doubt I could expect the same from you.

Here in the UK in matters of social discourse we tend not to shoot each other. Instead we find it rather more pleasant and amicable to discuss the matter and any further particulars over high noon tea and cake...

I trained with some Royal Marines back in the late 90's. They weren't pompous asses...very cool actually. I'd have a beer with them anytime.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I do think you shoot people for no reason. I saw on the news a little while ago about some guy that walked into a school and killed loads of kids...

and no I do not see you as simple in any respect. I just find the whole gun argument rather silly from my perspective. If you do not mind me asking did you get your head injuries from playing with guns....

all the best

purp.

Just because some are crazy doesnt make us all crazy and no my head injuries are from car accidents i was a passenger.

I don't "play" with guns but I do shoot targets.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

guns are dumb,

So I guess that means people of higher consciousness are all vegans who don't value safety.

I believe it!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

guns are dumb,

So I guess that means people of higher consciousness are all vegans who don't value safety.

I believe it!

lol,
safety?
safety from what?
i know that i am perfectly safe

turn off the tv and smell some flowers..
gun nuts are too paranoid or are lacking in life to need to show off their guns, what's the point?
honestly think about it...
these gun nuts will never use said gun on anyone, lol

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

lol,
safety?
safety from what?
i know that i am perfectly safe turn off the tv and smell some flowers..

Ya, I bet you are perfectly safe in utopia. I think someone needs to STOP sniffing flowers and wake up. Would you like me to post some clips of violent crime in your area? Maybe you were too busy planting tulips to hear about it.

gun nuts are too paranoid or are lacking in life to need to show off their guns, what's the point?
One mans paranoia is another man preparedness. I'm not the ideal victim in this conversation.

honestly think about it...
these gun nuts will never use said gun on anyone, lol
Hopefully not but it happens every day somewhere and at least I'll have the option.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
/
edit on 18-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

all the best

purp.

What does this have to do with anything? You compare Lichter to some psychopath nutjob that went cookoo for cocoa puffs inside a school killing children, then insinuate that anyone who chooses to own a gun is similarly a whackjob. Then have the nerve to ask about whether his injuries were due to him "playing with his guns"! If I were him I would have only answered with WTF business of that is yours and WTF difference would it make?

Oh wait that's right!! Every injury ever incurred in all of mankind's history must have been accidental due to a gun going off......how silly of me!!

I happen to think alot of things in the UK are silly, difference is I don't have the nerve to tell you about them or insist that you change them to suit my whim! Just because you don't like something or see the reason for something, you don't have the right to insist others change to fit in with your ideals.

One more thing......it is moot not mute.......

Mute is when someone cannot hear and talk.

Moot is something that is irrelevant.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: political correctness in a definition

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Moot is something that is insignificant.

Actually, moot or a moot point is something that is irrelevant to the present topic. Like for instance, the topic of this thread is a moot point with regards to the gun control debate.
edit on 18/2/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join