Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Something just went bump (2:50 pm pacificFeb15

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   



not on usgs yet, call it a pre-emptive thread that will most likely go nowhere




posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
For someone who doesn't know can you explain the graph and what it shows ?



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 


Is this graph from a phone app? I don't know, that's why I'm asking....

Des



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
For someone who doesn't know can you explain the graph and what it shows ?


I second the motion above, if this is legit data then something definitely happened but what?

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
sure


The Java(TM) Applet above is a realtime seismograph. The horizontal scale is fixed at 10 seconds per tick, providing for the display of up to 6 minutes of past seismic activity. The vertical scale is adjustable to 10, 50, 100, and 200 millivolts per division, with ranges of +/-0.1V, +/-0.5V, +/-1.0V, and +/-2.0V respectively. The 200 mV/div. setting should more than cover the full range of the attached seismometer, while the 100 mV/div. setting should be adequate for any situation other than a major earthquake. The 50 and 10 mV/div. settings are provided for magnification. Its my Link is my sig. Its a real time seismometer (real time)

In Layman terms, It's a red squiggly line that goes up and down depending on how much the earth is shaking. It's (as far as I know) the only real time seismolet out there and beats USGS readings sometimes by five minutes


benioff.geol.wwu.edu...



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
For someone who doesn't know can you explain the graph and what it shows ?


Its a big anomoly, quake related purcurser to.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 

And...it's completely uncalibrated.
So like you said. It's a bump but we have no idea what it represents except that you are showing the high sensitivity scale.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So, a new thread was started. Based on an uncalibrated, phone app, squiggly line.....

Do you think you may be jumping the gun...just a little.

Des



edit on 15-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by canucks555
 

And...it's completely uncalibrated.
So like you said. It's a bump but we have no idea what it represents except that you are showing the high sensitivity scale.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Yes! As far as I know it's in a University, so there's always a possibility that a student dropped their laptop on the floor , two rooms over


actually I noticed it with vertical scale at 100, it was a bump fer sure
edit on 15-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah that was me sorry people, had mexican last night... apologies



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Originally posted by Destinyone
So, a new thread was started. Based on an uncalibrated, phone app, squiggly line.....

Do you think you may be jumping the gun...just a little.

Des


That thought is reflected in the first post
edit on 15-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 


I just have to ask. New app?



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


no it's been online for years. It's actually pretty sweet to have running on a browser when the sh1t really hits the fan on a geological scale.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 


I'd still equate it with...oh say, me posting a pic of a dead bird found in my yard. Then running to post a thread with an all cap title of....BIRD DIE-OFFS IMMINENT....


Des



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 


Cool...er,..Man?, I was just wondering?



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by canucks555
 


I'd still equate it with...oh say, me posting a pic of a dead bird found in my yard. Then running to post a thread with an all cap title of....BIRD DIE-OFFS IMMINENT....


Des


Yes well you're completely right
But in a forum where the bulk of threads have to do with false flag events and hamsters on Mars, it's not too too much a waste of time, is it? -and I apologize profusely if it is

Plus the link is useful to anyone who finds this kind of thing interesting.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


Man


edit on 15-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555
 


No apology needed. I must admit, I did learn something new about an app from your thread. Thanks...


And...IF something big does happen quake wise...you *may* be able to claim first thread status.

Des



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by canucks555
 


No apology needed. I must admit, I did learn something new about an app from your thread. Thanks...


And...IF something big does happen quake wise...you *may* be able to claim first thread status.

Des


I doubt that!! There are too many people here quicker than me
(believe me Ive tried to break a story about three or four times and am always light years away from first. I should put mods delete if this has already been posted in my sig

cheers



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Interesting! Nevertheless uncalibrated.

Where is this Java applet reporting seismic activity, from???





new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join