It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Commandments - Doctrine of Men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
If they reappear over and over again in subsequent cultures to me that says they're ingrained in our consciousness and therefore come from God.

They reappear in different forms because they have been passed around by humans and found to be a good way to keep civilization in tact and functioning. They had been around at least 1200 years before Moses wrote his 10 Commandments down for the Jews to follow. That's the point. MOSES wrote them ... God did not.

There are some cultures that have passed down traditions and laws that are pretty awful. Passed them down and used these laws for more than a thousand years. Just because they are long lived, doesn't mean they come from God. I could point to a whole lotta' misogynistic law and culture in the Muslim faith that has been around for a very long time .. but it doesn't mean it came from God.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
boy that Satan has so many tricks to blind a mans eye and cause man to disobey God even though they don't know it.

And the point is that people who worship God on Sunday are NOT disobeying God .. because there is no law FROM GOD to worship Him on Saturday or Sunday or any other specific day. The 10 Commandments (and Genesis for that matter) are HUMAN in origin. When they claim that God Himself wrote the laws .. it isn't true. Therefore, people can worship God on any day they want. He'll find it ALL pleasing.

Scripture states that God wants us to 'pray unceasingly'.
So people who get together to pray to God can get together any day they want.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The point is ... the bible claims that they were written by God Himself on the mountain top. That simply isn't true. They had been around, in other forms, for at least 1200 years before Moses wrote the 10 Commandments.

In all honesty, I'm not sure that you've really made a point here.

Just because God wrote the 10 commandments on two stone tablets for Moses doesn't mean that they didn't originate from Him. As far as you know, the ark of the covenant which housed the 10 commandments and held special power could have been proof to other peoples and nations that they originated with Him and not the other gods that were being worshiped at the time.

The 10 commandments weren't the only thing that God gave Moses. He also gave him "testimonies, statutes, and judgements" to pass on to the people as well.

By the way, what did Jesus have to say about Moses?

John 5:45-47

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 7:19

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Luke 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The commandments were written on the hearts of the sons of God, before birth. It's called intuition and we're called to exercise free will when dealing with this subject.
Life is a journey, and we don't call men "The Father"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

None of your post dealt with the evidence I presented from respected sources showing that from the earliest civilizations known they all had Sabbath as there 7th day and the other days where called like day 1, day 2,ect

Your post did not deal with the respected people I referenced confirming what I said

Your post did not deal with the evidence I presented that showed the Exodus account

Your post dealt with none of my evidence but merely attacked the conclusions I made in light of my evidence...this practice of yours is despicable and dishonest to discussion.

Unfortunately the hard evidence I presented destroys your whole paradigm for this thread...back to the drawing board FAILED THREAD

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Nope. That was the first set. The second set is what we're familiar with today.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight .. so billions of Christians around the world who worship God and love Him .. and who get together to worship and love him on Sunday .... they are all doing the devils work. You should really step back and take a long look at what you are saying. It's beyond absurd.

Would a Christian who loves God continually make threads attacking what was written down by God's prophets when Jesus himself upheld them as true. Would a Christian who loves God ignore God's clear commands in the NT concerning what law you should follow or keep on following. What kind of a Christian continuously attacks both the old and new testament's worth creating doubts in the minds of unbelievers and believers alike as to the sovereign power of God???

The kind of Christian who is turning people from God and who God has to look upon with a tear in His eye.

What kind of a Christian attacks Abraham with Isaac when the story is meant to illustrate for us how difficult it was going to be for the heavenly Father to sacrifice His precious Son. God was never going to let Abraham kill Isaac. You make up these crackpot threads making God look silly when all it is doing is showing how silly your understanding of Hebrew parallelism is. Don't you care to know that it was extremely hard on the Father to sacrifice Jesus, or would you rather just keep kicking God in the face through your ignorance.

I don't know what kind of Christianity you practice, but one that throws out the NT the OT, kicks God in the face, dismisses solid contradictory evidence to rather ostracise other believers is no kind of Christianity I want to be apart of.
edit on 16-2-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What kind? Well according to scripture, the roman hierarchy? I don't know the religion of the OP but thats a guess anyways.
Catholics aren't exactly "unbelievers". It's been complicated and polluted by years of political nonsense.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Are you open to the possibility that God took intrinsic universal/parallel rules that were tested by prior civilizations and used them for the Jews to abide by because they were familiar with the concepts behind the commandments?

If they reappear over and over again in subsequent cultures to me that says they're ingrained in our consciousness and therefore come from God.

Exactly…
edit on 16-2-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

reply to post by Hillarie

Maybe not...

edit on 16-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Sure .... Moses gave them the laws .. and as I said they were good laws that could keep society in check and were spiritually helpful for people. But they came from MOSES. God's hand didn't write them. They came from a long history (of over a thousand years) of those same laws being passed around in different (pagan) cultures.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Unfortunately the hard evidence I presented destroys your whole paradigm for this thread...

Only in your dreams.

You have been totally destroyed by history and fact.
People throughout time have followed their myths thinking that they were fact.
That is because they were uneducated peasants.
I placed timelines of historical fact in front of you.
Reject reality .... whatever ....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
Would a Christian who loves God continually make threads attacking what was written down by God's prophets when Jesus himself upheld them as true.

blah blah blah ... I'm posting historical fact. If your so-called prophets can't hold up to the truth, then they are not prophets. Deal with reality. The 10 commandments are a doctrine of men. God didn't write them. Moses got them from his training in the Egyptian schools.

is no kind of Christianity I want to be apart of.

Yeah .. you'd rather think God is going to send billions of people to hell simply because they get together to love and worship Him on Sunday rather than the day you think they should. Lovely 'christianity' you practice. NO THANKS.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Luke 4:16-21

New International Version (NIV)

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, "the sabbath day."

If Christ follows the Sabbath than why do we change it?

Do you test God and his laws?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, "the sabbath day."

Because they took it from the Old Testament and because that was their tradition. It doesn't change the fact that, where they got the 'keep holy the Sabbath' originally, was from Moses .. not from the hand of God.

Like I said .. the 'laws' are good things to do for spiritual and social health.
But they did NOT come from God reaching down and writing them in stone Himself.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The 10 Commandments are man made and therefore are a human doctrine.

Congratulations to anyone following the 10 Commandments and/or who insist on Sabbath worship based on the 10 Commandments .. you follow the doctrines of men from pagan cultures.

ALL religious teachings are man-made and therefore a human doctrine. Any religious followers are following doctrines from ancient cultures and therefore from MAN.

Excellent thread!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

A little further back we have Sumerians talking openly about aliens visiting them and teaching them things about civilization.

We have some Egyptian pharaohs looking like aliens and regarded as such.

And we have Moses seeing a 'burning bush.'

I didn't think much of this until I came across a report in the late 1800s from Texas when there were a lot of UFOs. The farmer had thought it was a 'flying bail of hay.' It is so obvious that a UFO is what he meant. So if man even around 100 years ago thought a UFO was a flying bail of hay that was on fire, then surely Moses 4,000 years ago would have thought the UFO was a bush that was on fire.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Its every seven thousand years the world gets cleaned of unclean spirits and made new, the world is a lot older but each civilization that has gone before us left evidence of it's existence. They were tested and were given laws and did not follow but instead went down a road that was godless and man wanted to be Gods.

Our time is almost up.

Satan is using man to disobey God and Satan made Sunday his day as God made Saturday his day of rest and regardless of who you pray to on Sunday you give homage to Satan.

True that we must pray everyday like it's going out of style and I do, all day. I pray for all the things in life to be understood and not for peace because a mans heart is to knowledgeable and has been corrupted to be stupid and ignorant.

If you long for answers don't go bashing another man's faith because of the hate you have for their beliefs but instead understand and ask the questions. If you love humans than being a scoffer will cease to exist and be replaced with a knowledge more powerful than trying to find answers about life and it's mysteries, love has an answer and it's already interpreted for you and it's easy to find but it's hard if your blind with hatred.

God bless my friend.

edit on 19-2-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course any evidence you uncover goes the same way because it is doctrine of man and so any evidence that has been shown here is not valid or is corrupted. If a man says God doesn't exist because man wrote it, it means that because you have not taken the time to understand the answer but instead follow another man to the watering hole and intern ripples out the information, but it's not the same ripple as it started but becomes many things over time and you don't know which one to listen to.

But if you pay attention you can see that if you go back to the first ripple and start from their and things will become more clear, the first ripple that went out is much bigger than it's original state and has doubled in size.
That's how man is corrupted and mixes truth with lies in order to better his needs, but if you love the ripple stays the same.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
God is the one drinking the water and the water are the people and ripple is the word and your on the other side of the bank drinking of the water but you don't understand the word that has been said because you add to it, Christ is that word that bridges the gap between you and God and the foundation of that bridge is love.

God bless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join