It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most important thing I've ever written, and possibly the most important thing you'll ever read

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sorry bud, couldn't get past the first paragraph. And then you don't even take the time to name "a great patriot" (20 second google or less).....

No attempt at editing your first draft or format your piece to be easily readable on the internet.

Nope - you aren't the great hope for the world you think - maybe someday but you've got a lot of work to do until them.

thanks for assisting me in my attempt be some hope to the world, your criticism shows you don't care enough to see past some drafting and formatting errors, communication is not about the way the words are shared, but the actual message being shared, hope you can see past this and give the text a try, if you really care for a world change then these minor details are poor excuses for missing it

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Jesus! I grow tired of all the "English majors!" Talk about the subject and quit acting like snobs.

TPTB, at least the lower tier (who are multiple tiers about the average person), are definitely scrambling. But, I don't see the leash coming off our collars any time soon.

Thank you for your message.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
Jesus! I grow tired of all the "English majors!" Talk about the subject and quit acting like snobs.

TPTB, at least the lower tier (who are multiple tiers about the average person), are definitely scrambling. But, I don't see the leash coming off our collars any time soon.

Thank you for your message.

Thank you Q, and I'm afraid you're right, as long as nobody is willing to do anything about it, I will do what I can and hope to inspire others to do the same

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OP, your theory has three major flaws for what I can think of right now:

1. Who are going to work in unhealthy conditions?
2. How religions play in your utopia?
3. Many people are driven by greed, how to convince someone to be a great researcher if he thinks that being a mediocre professional is more comfortable? Are classes to be eliminated? Isn't this communism?

We MAY get to this stage when:

1. We have robots to do all the work;
2. We have personal home 3D printers to the molecular level;
3. We have "free energy" technology.

In the meantime we MUST reform our politics and take away the power of those who control the world right now (if you don't know, PM me and I'll show you). For this I have the solution which I've been thinking for a long time and is really simple to explain [to the masses] but not to implement:

1. Create a political party with goals predetermined. In my case, as I am from Brazil, It'll have to have a new Constitution and for certain based on the US which is very short, simple and straightforward, I will take a look in Ireland's as It's one of the most moderns and goes against the banking cartel (hearsay). Change penal and civil codes or change the juridical system to common law or even something new. Create a national militia, citizens with no criminal record can be armed and trained (if he or she chooses to). No more labor taxes. Very small government. Law enforcement must have college degree and be very well paid as any teacher. You can apply to any University and if you pass the tests you can or pay or get a grant from government, but, in this case, you will have to work for the government (usually in your own community) and be very well paid for this for no more than the time you took to graduate...;
2. This party can never have career politicians, one may only serve four years, only volunteers (chosen by technical ability. For instance, the president is a talking head and must be fluent in a few key languages and oratory [the party will want a good propaganda for it's ideas to get more countries to adopt the system]), and always under supervision of other volunteer civilians chosen also by chance (no close door deals), the president can not use any executive orders;
3. In case the idea is well accepted and get's to control the legislature, first thing is to pass the constitution and new laws and take steps to eliminate all power the bankers and corporations may have;
4. The public will be free to ask and vote for new laws at any time, the representatives are not allowed to ignore or veto;
5. Ultimately, any politician caught in corruption will be sued by jury and if condemned it'll be treason and treason means death penalty.

I have many more ideas and systems already thought. My view is that once this is successfully implemented anywhere, it'll go viral and many other countries will adopt the model.

Imagine a government that is trustworthy and advertises a trillion dollars for some free energy technology, 3D printing or robotics and makes it open source... and gives grants for researchers to work in government laboratories. Imagine the leverage that you can input on this if you only share the technology with countries that have your system run by this party principles.

Rest assured that if I have the means to put things in motion I will. I need lawyers, economists, administrators and engineers. For now I'm getting great feedback from friends and co-workers. Everybody likes the idea and thinks that it can work, but half these think I'm crazy for even thinking about such a thing, a 1/4th don't like some ideas like the militia (we've been subjected to an intense propaganda with celebrities, just like the US is now, a few years ago during a referendum). What makes me hopeful is that our politicians always commits grave errors like US war over the 2nd Amendment and here the senate voted a well known corrupt to the leadership (more that 1.5 million people signed a petition for his impeachment). We just have to wait for the right moment and suggest a real change. If I had all set up I'm sure I could get the 500.000 signatures to create the party.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I identify with your plight and the plight of the common man but I'm not down with the 2nd amendment fevered, " time to take action" rhetoric. John Lennon comes to mind when singing about it in the song "Revolution."

I couldn't read the entirety of the posts, but the jist I got was a personal dilemma of feeling helplessly stuck inside an evil system that can only be changed with an uprising of force. Is that accurate? However much I can relate to that position, I've come to realize that griping about the unfair structure of society is ultimately a waste of time. For anyone who has simply read the definition of sociology, its always been glaringly apparent that human civilization is simply "not wrapped tight". Listen to the song "Dumb All Over" by Frank Zappa, he pretty much sums up what it is you're pissed off about (the song is more about the church than TPTB tho)

If I were you I'd take some time to meditate on these matters you're so passionate about, than take a drive through town and look at all the other people who share this messed up place with you. You'll most likely begin to quickly realize that we're all better off if you just try to: A. help others in need when you can, B. speak out against iniquity when you see it, and C. knock back some beers when you get home from the rat race and let the 99% of nature take it's course.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbyMcGill

I think you should live every day like it is your last anyway... regardless of any 'conspiracy' or anything else... the art of staying alive and satisfied is by being busy and active and useful.... sitting on the computer on ATS is, unfortunately, not conducive to living a full and happy life until you die.

The only things me and YOU have in common are these:
1) We are on ATS right now.
2) We were born.
3) We will die.

Last year I had the opportunity to tour the world and I traveled all over Europe and then Brazil and South Korea and Australia... it made me realize that life is for us to exploit... its up to each and every one of us to live to our potential.
And sitting on ATS is not a life goal.

Go and travel if you really believe what you are preaching in your OP.

Unless you've sacrificed your life by getting kids and a mortgage then i suggest traveling... see the world....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

A great patriot once said, and I'm paraphrasing for the detailed orientated, that the American people must always be ready to take arms against their government once they assert their will over the people. I declare that time is now. I declare it is time that we rise against the aggressive machine that asserts its will not only over this once great nation, but over the entire globe, all in the false name of democracy.

I call BS. If you really, really are serious about taking up arms you wouldn't be here talking about it. You'd be really quiet about that. I say you are just fishing for (idiots) that "get inspired" by that rhetoric and come out of the closet on ATS and declare, "Me toooo... lets wipe 'em out!!!".

Then you know who the revolutionaries are... and so does anyone else reading this. How often do these kinds of threads come out here lately? It seems more and more. Each has a different twist, a different lure for differing kinds of nutcases.

Whoops, my bad. Shhh... its supposed to be down low.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

I think you should live every day like it is your last anyway... regardless of any 'conspiracy' or anything else... the art of staying alive and satisfied is by being busy and active and useful.... sitting on the computer on ATS is, unfortunately, not conducive to living a full and happy life until you die.

I think differentially. What are you doing on ATS? I'm learning and awakening to to fact that we the people don't have the control of our lives. You are living an illusion and if you have the means to travel to that many places, you are absolutely not in the same level of many earthlings. Imagine a child in some of the many Brazil's favelas and have the double of your capacity but are forced to deal drugs... That is not a conspiracy, it's a fact. Don't you feel anything for them? Wouldn't you do anything to help? Can you really dismiss this knowing that anyone can make a change?

What I mean is that we have a moral duty to try to make changes wherever we see wrong. The majority of the people are living a dream. Hell, I lost count the people I've shown the building 7 collapse, and I've seen their eyes when they figure that the world is not as they see... Not pretty... But we have this duty and being informed to let the others know.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Patifier because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by Patifier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well you're right about one thing. It's long. Robby this sounds a bit like a manifesto. I hope you don't have stock pile of guns.

You complain about your government out building empire while you sit back and enjoy all the benefits that come from empire. How do you think the 25 % of world resources come to benefit the 5% of world population we call home. You want change? Start growing your own food get independent, get off the gravy train, live like a cave man.

Then you start talking about redistribution of wealth with this brainwashed nonsense you spout. It seems wealth gets distributed when it flows to the top. You only call it redistribution when it flows from the top to the bottom.

Wake up stop talking about your patriot friend who wants to destroy the government, and instead start thinking how you are going to take your government back intact. It ain't guns my friend. It's participation. The fantasy of destroying government is easy. Reclaiming your government through informed decision making and meaningful participation is hard work. Are you up for it?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wait, when did the "American Dream" start? When African-Americans were enslaved? or when people of color were being killed for no reason before the Civil Rights Movement? This country has always been corrupted and always will be unless we get these gun-toting reactionaries out.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We all know what needs to be done ...i suppose we are all waiting for someone with the drive and determination to set the wheels in motion...Not to many heroes about today ...especially in the world of politics

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienmma

This is a concept propaganda. The concept is great. I've seen it in the works this election when CNN's Wolf Blitzer interviewed some chic and said afterwards to keep an eye on her that she came from nowhere and would be a great politician. He did the same for Obama some years ago when Obama gave a speech about the Iraq war, and I remember this very well.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

Your last paragraph says it all. Nothing will change unless there is a groundswell of support for radical change. I'm talking about a million+ march on Washington. No guns, partition the "crazies," and let our "representative" leaders know there butts are going to get kicked to the curb in the next election.

I have been a Republican all of my life. Now, I think the GOP, along with the DNC, can go straight to hell. I've thought a third party was a bad idea in the past. Now, I think we need it more than ever.

No more war. No more debts we can't pay. No more Federal Reserve.... And most important: term limits.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The funny thing is, this is the least important thing I've ever read.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier
OP, your theory has three major flaws for what I can think of right now:

1. Who are going to work in unhealthy conditions?
2. How religions play in your utopia?
3. Many people are driven by greed, how to convince someone to be a great researcher if he thinks that being a mediocre professional is more comfortable? Are classes to be eliminated? Isn't this communism?

We MAY get to this stage when:

1. We have robots to do all the work;
2. We have personal home 3D printers to the molecular level;
3. We have "free energy" technology.

In the meantime we MUST reform our politics and take away the power of those who control the world right now (if you don't know, PM me and I'll show you). For this I have the solution which I've been thinking for a long time and is really simple to explain [to the masses] but not to implement:

thanks for the response, and thanks for contributing to the conversations, and I do not see the issues you listed as true issues, let me elaborate:

1 - who are going to work in unhealthy conditions?
if the conditions are truly necessary for the evolution of a species, I.E it's purpose is not just for the wealth growth of a few people, then there are already people in these positions. Since cost is not an issue, then someone who is involved with whatever industry that job is required in will come up with solutions to eliminate the need of a person being there, if we can create machines to do a thousand different tasks for the sole purpose of obtaining more profit, then when profit is no longer the major motivator and the well being of the society as a whole, these will be among the first positions modified for the benefit of a society and not of an individual.

2 - How religion plays a role.
Freedom of choice and religion is still open to all people, the things that do make this nation great will not change. It is not hard to believe that people will follow whatever spiritual direction they feel right, the only real connections we have, aside from our physical connections, is we do not have a real answer why we're here, we're all free to pursue whatever we feel is the right choice, be it a god, a spiritual plane, an ever revolving door of reincarnation, or atheism. We're smart enough and at a time in our evolution to realize and understand that not everyone agrees with everyone else, so as long as you do not infringe the rights of everyone else to pursue their own spiritual understandings, you're free to pursue your own

3 - The fact that many people are driven by greed
This is only true because we've lived in a society for so long that we can see no other way out. Isaac Newton did not come up with his theories based on greed, Einstein did not give us relativity to satisfy his thirst for greed. it is not our main drive, people who actually enjoy their work get more out of it than the what they get from their drive of greed. Musicians start from a drive of wanting to make and share music, greed distorts that, and you get what is know as "selling out". I know a lot of musicians that are not known, they work the lowest jobs, but they are getting what they want out of life, they're not driven by greed. innovations will continue, if we can build machines to improve workloads for people, but the cost wasn't worth it under our current society will now be built and put to use. and people will always offer ideas to improve. Will the uninspiring, but necessary jobs continue? absolutely, cause like you said, not everyone will have the drive necessary to work the fields that require more than a few hours of ones time to ensure the job gets done properly. The people who do work these jobs though will continue to find so much pride from their contributions, this will lead to further innovations.

as for your solutions:

we have robots that can do anything a human can, and we have the facilities to build them, we don't because their costs outweigh how they'll profit the investors

i did touch on 3d printers on my post, advancements and evolution will lead it to that point, especially when you can see its benefits before even such a society exists.

I feel we are extremely close to an unlimited energy source, in fact Tesla was in mid process of building a device capable of achieving this, that is until J,P Morgan decided that will not be good for his investments in other energy sources...greed stops progress, rarely contributes to it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyJoseph
I identify with your plight and the plight of the common man but I'm not down with the 2nd amendment fevered, " time to take action" rhetoric. John Lennon comes to mind when singing about it in the song "Revolution."

I couldn't read the entirety of the posts, but the jist I got was a personal dilemma of feeling helplessly stuck inside an evil system that can only be changed with an uprising of force. Is that accurate? However much I can relate to that position, I've come to realize that griping about the unfair structure of society is ultimately a waste of time. For anyone who has simply read the definition of sociology, its always been glaringly apparent that human civilization is simply "not wrapped tight". Listen to the song "Dumb All Over" by Frank Zappa, he pretty much sums up what it is you're pissed off about (the song is more about the church than TPTB tho)

If I were you I'd take some time to meditate on these matters you're so passionate about, than take a drive through town and look at all the other people who share this messed up place with you. You'll most likely begin to quickly realize that we're all better off if you just try to: A. help others in need when you can, B. speak out against iniquity when you see it, and C. knock back some beers when you get home from the rat race and let the 99% of nature take it's course.

My call to the action is coming from a dread I have that the current course we're on is doom. I do not own a gun myself, and i feel that if the majority speaks out, a gun never has to be fired to eliminate the threat.
Regardless of the successes or failures, we are still heading down a path that will lead to more turmoil. I can drive around all day, and visit every district of a town, and find everyone from the wealthy doctors, to the tramps on the street, their plight will not affect the outcome of our governments actions

I do not feel stuck in my personal situation, I am able to live a very happy and enjoyable life, full of ups and downs like everyone else, I do however see the struggles of everyone else, and I see the direction we're heading.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by RobbyMcGill
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Actually Korg I feel this could be beneficial to all nations, I stated that in my first paragraph, I know it is coming from the perspective of an American, but I feel that it can be adapted to every nations unique situation to inspire change and growth of the human species

Thanks for the reply, and I hope you don't read it all because you feel it is localized, I promise you it is not.

You hit the nail on the head when you said unique.

This is why your vision or your point of view won't hold water.

When will people realise there is going to be Good and there is going to be Bad in varying degrees of frequency. It's called life, and if you blame your country for this then you are just as much to blame as you are part of it.

I challenge anyone here that has a problem with the ESTABLISHMENT to leave. You're not happy so why not just up and go.

But a warning.... the grass can seem oh so very green over there..... but may not be when you get there...

Are you going to be jumping out of the pan into the fire??

Why not just find things to happy about and focus on those things instead??

Korg.

So your solution to corruption is either focus on good things and ignore the bad, or leave. If you're not a part of the solution then you're part of the problem. While you sit there and go to your "happy place" I'll be out doing something meaningful.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

A great patriot once said, and I'm paraphrasing for the detailed orientated, that the American people must always be ready to take arms against their government once they assert their will over the people. I declare that time is now. I declare it is time that we rise against the aggressive machine that asserts its will not only over this once great nation, but over the entire globe, all in the false name of democracy.

I call BS. If you really, really are serious about taking up arms you wouldn't be here talking about it. You'd be really quiet about that. I say you are just fishing for (idiots) that "get inspired" by that rhetoric and come out of the closet on ATS and declare, "Me toooo... lets wipe 'em out!!!".

Then you know who the revolutionaries are... and so does anyone else reading this. How often do these kinds of threads come out here lately? It seems more and more. Each has a different twist, a different lure for differing kinds of nutcases.

my true desire is not the actual call to arms, but the awakening of a nation that is being lied to, raped and sacrificed. All in a fake name of democracy, an idea we hold dear, but they've distorted beyond recognition, and sold us that lie. I know what I said at the beginning of the post, it was meant to set the mood for the importance i felt the entire piece needed.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

my true desire is not the actual call to arms, but the awakening of a nation that is being lied to, raped and sacrificed. All in a fake name of democracy, an idea we hold dear, but they've distorted beyond recognition, and sold us that lie. I know what I said at the beginning of the post, it was meant to set the mood for the importance i felt the entire piece needed.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by okyouwin
Well you're right about one thing. It's long. Robby this sounds a bit like a manifesto. I hope you don't have stock pile of guns.

You complain about your government out building empire while you sit back and enjoy all the benefits that come from empire. How do you think the 25 % of world resources come to benefit the 5% of world population we call home. You want change? Start growing your own food get independent, get off the gravy train, live like a cave man.

Then you start talking about redistribution of wealth with this brainwashed nonsense you spout. It seems wealth gets distributed when it flows to the top. You only call it redistribution when it flows from the top to the bottom.

Wake up stop talking about your patriot friend who wants to destroy the government, and instead start thinking how you are going to take your government back intact. It ain't guns my friend. It's participation. The fantasy of destroying government is easy. Reclaiming your government through informed decision making and meaningful participation is hard work. Are you up for it?

I personally don't own any guns, as stated before the call to arms was more of a tone setter for the entire post. But i will take up arms if that's what it takes. If it's getting distributed during the up flow, then I challenge you to prove it. The only way I will see it as being distributed on the way up is that if every worker gets a piece of the slice, aside from their wage, their wage is to do a job, not reap the profit.

Not sure what brainwashed nonsense you're alluring to, I would love our democracy back, but without complete change in the system, we would just create a vacuum that would allow the same players with a different face to fill the void. If my suggestions are nonsense, then help me come up with other solutions

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join