Most important thing I've ever written, and possibly the most important thing you'll ever read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Actually...a lot of of people wont read it pass 1/4 of it. Why? It rambles.

Ever had a teacher or Professor who put you to sleep because they were so hyped up about something that they just would not shut up long enough for anyone to grasp its importance? The brain just cant digest it all at once. Even if you think its "possibly the MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU'LL EVER READ"...its not.

This has been discussed a zillion times in the world as much as there are a kazillion-billion grains of sand in the world. Which grain is you? Get it?

You are only 1...you are a bit full of yourself telling everyone it the most...da.da.dah...theyll ever read. There are VASTLY more than a few thousands of examples of MORE important things that youve NEVER read.

MS (Yes I am an published-NOT self-published...author and monthly newsletter editor...even so. In the scheme of things...even that...means nothing. It means ditty, and I expect that. I will never tell anyone any different as you did. Nice try)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is more than just the goverment.
big companys are a very big part of it.
it is power and money.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbyMcGill

Fantastic idea. But.....once you get everyone to join with you and remove the people in power, who decides how to go from there? Who replaces the ones you removed? How do you defend against any other country that see's how weak we would be in that state from taking us over?

Wanting change is great, we all do, and not the kind Obama brought. Come up with a plan first, then call out the guard. You cannot skip step 1.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
holy great wall of text batman

I`m going to wait for the movie and get it at wal-mart in the clearance bin for $4.99

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by frazzle

Me? I'm for the peaceful kind of revolution where all of the states simply walk away from the madness and set up whatever kind of governments they can support in their own states or regions.

I’m in agreement with this and recently made a thread on this issue that you substantively contributed quite a bit to (thank you).

I’m all for having 50 different governments and a mutual defense agreement between the states. Who needs the fed??? If some states want to do things like the OP suggests (collectivism) then the OP can move there and live in Utopia. I will live where people share my ideals. This makes the most sense to me...much more sense than a one-size-fits-all approach that will leave many people disappointed.

So you did and I totally enjoyed every minute spent participating on that thread, thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Politics are far too trivial to possibly be the most important thing I've ever read. No offense I'm sure your OP was well written, its just that there are more important things in life.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Fantastic thread my friend.

I have longed for the day that our society changes in the manner in which you speak and I only hope that it happens in my life time and without blood shed. My fear is that in order for the system you speak of to take place the old one will have to be destroyed because the Kings that rule over us won't let the change happen becauese then they will be on our same level.

Thank you for your post OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not to knock your post or anything...
but I really think there should be a policy here that prohibits thread titles that try to lure readers without actually saying what the thread is about. (I have been guilty of this, too.)

The most important thing we'll ever read?
Come on, you're not the only person who thinks they have something important to say.

Let's not flatter ourselves so much!

edit on 15-2-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Politics are far too trivial to possibly be the most important thing I've ever read. No offense I'm sure your OP was well written, its just that there are more important things in life.

What the OP has elucidated on is his displeasure at the way the game of life is being played. The game is called, 'Big fish - Little fish' whereby the big fish are also little fish and the little fish big fish because its all relative. There is always a fish smaller than the littlest, and always a fish bigger than the biggest and a big fish can become a little fish if it is not careful and a little fish can become a big fish once it masters the game - presuming it survives the challenges it must overcome first.

We all swim about in this thing we call life, there is always so much going on and most of us would like to be more a part of it than what we are but the bigger fish discourage us not only through bullying, both subtle and not so subtle, they deter us with their non-stop bulls**t propaganda...

Truly the game pivots on fear, caution, doubt and hesitation. Courage, daring, clear intention, action are the only ways to overcome big fish bullying tactics. The OP is in his own honest way pointing this out. I honestly don't know what is more important, Mule, maybe you want to tell us what is more important to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thanks for your response MS, I do regret my choice of words for the title, everything else was pre thought out, and I attempted to word it in a manner that wouldn't be too confusing, when it came to giving it a title, I drew a blank, so wrote down the first thing that came to my mind, however; I do feel that if I can adequately get my point and views across to the community as a whole, and if I can get that point shared with other people, and it starts the necessary actions to perpetrate the change that everyone hopes for (I mean if you're going to hope, why not hope for the best?) then I felt this could have been the most important thing you have read.

I do not feel this has been discussed a zillion times, I am new to ATS, but despite the thousands of posts I've read about the wrongs and corruptions of the elite and the elected which I have written about, I have not read the solutions that I've outlined. Maybe you didn't get to that point because a quarter of the way through the rant was too boring, I would love to hear what you think of what else I've outlined apart from the title.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

agreed, and I feel I do touch on this in the post, I hope I did, because the way I view things the government that was built to support an evolving capitalist society was replaced by the greed and power of that society tainting the principles and intentions of the government.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

excellent question, first part who decides where we go from there?

well a true democracy is the ruling by the people, my solution would be adherence to a true democracy. FEMA has already divided this nation into zones, I would say every community gets a say on where we proceed, that community would relay their responses to a regional zone, which then can debate all the areas views and bring that up to the state level, where again all the views can be decided at this level. From here we'll get to FEMA zones where from there the nation as a whole can look at the majority views from each zone. Now these debates will only affect the policies that are at the national level (these policies should only be things like national defense, global trade, resource distribution and insurance of protection and progress of the societal goals that we have established) if we look at it this way, we can get a true and accurate look at how the nation views our policies, we don't send a representative who speaks for us, we've seen what that leads to. The technology that we possess can definitely ensure that maximum amount at each level could be presented, discussed and decided on by the majority of the people. As for local policies, they stay local, as long as a groups policies does not infringe on the overall society's goals, then there is no each area can represent themselves how they seem fit (I should include that any society that will be this advanced does not need repeating of the common crimes against man, we're not stupid, if murder is committed, then you will face consequences, theft and other misdemeanor crimes should be very limited due to this being a society where most needs to commit these crimes are abolished, if you continue to commit these crimes, then punishment will be dealt accordingly, the communities would know how to take care of these)

as for the protection, where this is a no brainer, we already have a military force, sure it won't be as strong as we have now, but it won't have the same role either. There will always be warrior classes, and if their contributions to society is ensuring the safety of the people and the sanctity of the society's wishes, then they will always be there to have plans and responses to threats, strategists live for this. And if there is a threat to our society, these warrior will be the leaders ready to instruct the everyday citizens. this new society does not start from scratch, our weapons and defenses remain ours, and we have experts who know how to use them, and if defense is important, then it will evolve with us. As for offense, this type of society should never send forces outside of our borders, one caveat being that a nation is struggling to adapt a similar society but a true dictator will not allow the uprising, in these rare cases I would warn of caution and exhaust all forms of diplomacy, as well as in depth discussions with our nation as a whole. The reason for the caution being that we are not the world's bouncers but there are truly helpless citizens that have no means to uprise, not every nation is a arm bearing nation.

These would be my solutions to these issues, but in the long run, I would leave the final decisions to the nation as a whole, as for calling the guards, I'm more of calling for the wheels to get cranking

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

this is not a post on politics, though politics do come up, this is a calling for the change in our society, a necessary step for evolution

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

agreed, eggs need to be cracked to make an omelet, if the kings are not ready to be on the same line than we have no place for them, they can go be a refugee in another nation.

If they feel the need to assert their will over us, they would damage more than they will ever be able to repair.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

you're right, I should have thought the title to this post out a lot more, I know after I wrote the post I felt it was a big and ambitious piece, my intention was not of luring but I did feel it important enough garner more than passing attention

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Spot on Shema, I've never heard of the "Big Fish, Little Fish" analogy before, but it definitely fits my description of our society, hopefully us little guys can show the bigger ones that we are all the same...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Hello.

Can you change your title please to state this is only relevant if you are in THE US OF A....

A typical example of American Localised thinking.... WAKE UP THERE IS A WORLD OUTSIDE THE US OF A!!

Who cares?

We'd have to put a disclaimer on 90% of the posts on ATS to satisfy that demand of yours. Look at the traffic to this site and see where it comes from. It's very nice that people from all over the world visit here, and we all enjoy their perspective, but it's an Amercan site with a largely American audience. So get over it.

I don't like the guy's title either. He obviously thinks a lot of himself and doesn't understand that his writing is mediocre and his ideas old, hackneyed, and if we've heard it all before. Yawn. But he doesn't have to bow to you first.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

wow thanks schuyler, mind telling me how you really feel?

glad the only thing worth commenting on my thread was someone else's post about how my title shows me as a pompous @$$...i feel i addressed the title a few times already in the reply sections, yes a poor choice of words, I know, but please don't let them distract you from the meat of the post, if it can elicit even a fraction of the awakening and action that I feel it can, then my title is an accurate one, I'm not claiming it's the most important thing you've read, I stated it may be, it's all what I can get you to take from it and pass on to other like minded people who have longed for change.

if you have heard it all before, then tell me your take from all the research you've done on the subject. The fact that you have heard it all before does not change the condition that we are in, and does not contribute to the point I'm hoping to convey in the thread, while I appreciate the chivalry shown towards the right to my post, I would appreciate a lot more the input of such a knowledge sage more discussing the issue I brought up, did you get to the issues and solutions I offered? or was my post too boring and put you to sleep?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I challenge anyone here that has a problem with the ESTABLISHMENT to leave. You're not happy so why not just up and go.

This reminds me of this post written on ATS last year:

I for one love our Government and everyone who runs it.
I believe they know what's best for me and do not question their authority over me.

When I see posts like this, all I can think about is that this world must be FILLED with millions of mind-controlled pojama' people who are totally paralyzed from the neck up..

Why not just find things to happy about and focus on those things instead??

FYI: This is NOT the "Wizard of OZ", this is REAL life.

WAKE THE @$#% UP!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There's some good points, but most of it comes off as whiny, "I'm poor and can't get rich!"
Do the wealthy have too much wealth and power? Yes.

Is there anything stopping people from succeeding? No!
I'm positive the American Dream is alive and well. It's just not handed to you. Go get it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join