It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macpale
As eriktheawful said the meteor's trajectory was nearly perpendicular to the trajectory of 2012 DA14's path.

I don't see why so many people go into doomsday mode whenever anything happens, it's seems as though they actually want to die. Pretty sad

When was the last time we(humans) were witness to a large meteor that would fly by us in our inner orbit?

When was the last time a meteor hit earth, or blew up over earth and destroyed building and injured hundreds of people?

Answer these 2 questions and then do the math for the odds of them happening within 12 hours of each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I posted this video link earlier in the thread and I am still scratching my head.

My ultimate question for this clip and many other I have seen.

How or What are the popping sounds happening almost 20 seconds or more after the trail, and after the sonic boom?

Anyone I am baffled by this.

Watch one of the dash cam videos.

Like this one:

Notice how it get's insanely bright, the dims suddenly....then we see the imploded debris flashing several times....

That's what you are hearing on the other videos.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
this video was posted very early in the thread if i remember correctly

but yes its not always a sin to post them again
a thread this big moving so quickly a lot of info can get buried very fast!

Page 17, post 7.

.. I did you know, I did go check each page... have no idea how I missed the video. lol

original poster deserves the credit
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh man Im tired.. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

How or What are the popping sounds happening almost 20 seconds or more after the trail, and after the sonic boom?
It is the sequence of the refracting wave into atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

rt.com

A series of explosions in the skies of Russia’s Urals region, reportedly caused by a meteor shower, has sparked panic in three major cities. Witnesses said that houses shuddered, windows were blown out and cellphones stopped working.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/15/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

Maybe some kind of war got started? Usage of this happening with 50 m rock from space, that's it?
Just and exactely on Ural? Ural is center of former USSR military... If anything of that survived after Gorbatchev, Yeltzin, Putin...

edit on 2/15/2013 by dragnik because: adding

edit on 2/15/2013 by dragnik because: addition of photo

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

thanks for the video's!!!

I believe damn well this is connected with the asteroid ....

some of these video's people are posting are hoax's thou...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

As eriktheawful said the meteor's trajectory was nearly perpendicular to the trajectory of 2012 DA14's path.

I don't see why so many people go into doomsday mode whenever anything happens, it's seems as though they actually want to die. Pretty sad

When was the last time we(humans) were witness to a large meteor that would fly by us in our inner orbit?

When was the last time a meteor hit earth, or blew up over earth and destroyed building and injured hundreds of people?

Answer these 2 questions and then do the math for the odds of them happening within 12 hours of each other.

You do realize that the Earth get's bombarded by literally thousands of object per day, right?

I think we were lucky (minus the people that got injured from flying glass) to have a 2 meter wide meteor put on a display many hours before another meteor that's bigger than the space shuttle passes by us. At the same time however, the odds are there for it to happen.......

without either object being related to each other.

Our planet is in the middle of a literal shooting gallery out there.....size of the objects vary, and so will the display that they put on when they hit us.......or when they pass us by.

But again.....the timing does not mean it HAS to be related. Not when we're getting hit that many times per day anyways.

link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Let's collect and share as rapidly as possible, and quibble later.

I'll be live on CNBC at 2:20 PM EST for the fly-past, you can throw popcorn at the TV screen if you feel like it. Somebody get a screen-grab and post it here for dart board target use.

Jim

Don't encourage him, it's annoying enough having to wade through his off hand insults and so on as it is.

Like the other guy who got so many posts removed earlier on simply because he has something in for another poster around here.

link   
Damn, 56 pages in 12 hours.

Can someone give a cliff notes version on the last 1100+ posts please?

edit on 2/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You didn't do the math, I'm afraid.

Nice downplay.

2 meter? Ok. But 40 ton.
edit on 15-2-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

You didn't do the math, I'm afraid.

Nice downplay.

2 meter? Ok. But 40 ton.

Neither did you.

2 meters.....10 to 11 tons......not 40.

link   
SnF op

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Hope this helps.

edit on 15-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Every object in the universe is traveling not in a straight line but a constant rotating circle. They could be rotating about each other crossing paths even perpendicular to each other depending on past collisions and attractions to gravitational bodies.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

thanks for the video's!!!

I believe damn well this is connected with the asteroid ....

some of these video's people are posting are hoax's thou...

Why do you believe this damn well is related to the NEO? Space is full of things. Doesn't make them all related.

And which videos? If it's the fire pit then yes, but if it's one of the meteor strikes I'd be interested to know which one.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Can't find the link yet, but I read it was probably 40 ton that burned down to 10.

16:19 GMT: The fireball that hit Russia’s Urals is the largest rock to strike the planet since 1908, Nature Magazine says. The blast was even more powerful than North Korea’s recent nuclear test, added the UK journal. Unlike the Russian Academy of Science, it estimated that the mass of the fireball was around 40 tons before it entered the atmosphere. Russian scientists put the mass at 10 tons.

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

There is just no damn way that this meteor strike and the "asteroid" supposedly passing us by today are totally unrelated.

I can't help but feel that it was some sort of near earth defense test. If I were going to invade or destroy a planet bound alien race, I'd do it just like this. Pretend to be nothing but an innert asteroid. Test defenses with another seemingly unrelated small strike. And then..... well, it's not like we're going to have to wait to see what the and then turns out to be, right?

I could be completely wrong.
I probably AM completely wrong.
Still..... I'll be watching the sky like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Damn, 56 pages in 12 hours.

edit on 2/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Meteorite hits Russia.
Russians injured.
ATS posts about Meteorite hitting Russia.
ATS posters post about meteorite hitting Russia.
ATS posters post about nasa lies.
ATS posts about it's all fishy.
ATS wins the internet once again.

link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The cbs page is there.

Saying It is 'possible' it is related also means it is possible it is not.

The media was applying that in no WAY were the two related by way of their diagram. Now the media is saying that MAYBE they were related. What's next?....Mr Oberg to appear on CNBC at 2:20 PM EST today dispel it all again?

Not directed at Mr O. but...any idiot can explain things afterwards. They can even effectively say it was a missile for all we know. So..where was the explanation yesterday before it happened?

All these johnny-come-lately 'experts' are a joke. It's like a fortune teller breaking down and explaining to you what happened yesterday instead of forecasting accurately what will happen tomorrow!

Nonsense.

link   
The meteorite can't be from the asteroid, can it? It had a different trajectory. Something to do with conservation of momentum?

Like if you stick a piece of gum on a spinning top, then spin the top, and it slowly comes off, it has to fly off at the same angle the top was spinning.

Then again, I didn't pay attention much in class.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey "expert", you don't know the composition so no one can estimate the weight without a piece of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join