It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Damn, 56 pages in 12 hours.

Can someone give a cliff notes version on the last 1100+ posts please?

edit on 2/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

I know extreme comment progression and it spins the head just trying to read it all.

Oh YES! I started page 57. Yoohoo!!!!

edit on 15-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Einstein said: "God doesn't play dice!" It's referred to coincidence and some statistical probabilities for some events to happen.

Now, there is really very small infinitesimal coincidence for such hit of meteor to happen when we expect nearest approaching object in last 100 years. Lets discuss this scenario: If NASA and people in power knew that such object will hit the earth 1 year ago, would they tell? And what would they do?

1. They would probably tell something similar like this, and avoiding panic they would wait for last few hours to calculate hit spot,
2. They would make announcement in last hour urging people to go to shelters and hope for the best,
3. In mean time all steps for preserving important people and resources would take place
4. Wait another 12-24hrs and we will know...

DA-14 is about 60-80m wide, and depending on composition can have more than 1 million tons!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Breaking news on Russia Today says that 1200 now injured:

rt.com...

Now on ABC (the number keeps rising)

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

no class needed.

observe the trajectories. Note that these objects do not possess teleportation devices. they cannot have met in transit to spray little old earth with a sparkly morning glory show.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here are some photos of the meteorite from a satellite.

If posted already remove please.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The asteroid split into 2 pieces.
The show is over. It looks like sonic booms can cause damage if you are
directly below them.

We've always known that a shock wave can cause damage.

And....

You aren't getting this are you.

Many things falling from space inc satellites bumped by meteors, missiles etc can cause many effects inc shock waves, as well as other explosions.

Funny the only building shown as damaged was a ''Zinc factory''.

It isn't as if anything else was possibly being manufactured there or anything huh?

Or that anywhere that considered it a threat, with some inside intel would want to send a missile into it or anything huh?

There are so many possibilities.

Perhaps those that ONLY have belief in a news report and something some government tells them should steer clear of conspiracy sites.

Everything is NOT always as it appears.

I just don't go through life trying to discredit everything that I'm told. Paranoid much?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
reply to post by eriktheawful

Hey "expert", you don't know the composition so no one can estimate the weight without a piece of it.

Yes there ARE estimates, don't ask me, but there are ways to *estimate* based on trajectory, sound waves etc. as I just read somewhere else. Some astronomers ESTIMATED the meteorite in fact weighing 40T initially based on this.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
its just ironic, a big meteor hits russia, hours before a close encounter with DA-14...

It certainly seems like they can be related in some form or fashion..

I am no scientist, but my opinion is they are related...

Is DA-12 going to be closer then they are guessing?

If I was in Russia, and witnessed a big meteor hit near where I was and heard a loud explosion I would be a bit concerned with DA-14 as well...

Just to much of a coincidence..
edit on 15-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by solargeddon

Please please please read the last 20 or so pages. Within there is the information you are asking.

With pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! I have read....I am only putting out info which is out there, I agree looking at the pretty diagrams, but my post, and the one I quoted in a reply are experts saying they can't rule anything out 100%.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

At this stage it is not beyond the relm of doubt that the two aren't linked, until then, my point still stands.

Now why don't you work on the people who think this should have been a predictable event, you will have more luck

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

And scientists are routinely proven wrong.

It's guesswork and nothing more.

link   

Hey "expert", you don't know the composition so no one can estimate the weight without a piece of it.

Hey "person that seems to have a axe to grind":

You most certainly can.

Given what was observed (all the videos, remember?), the effects of it's entry (again, all those videos), you can then use that as beginning data to work backwards.

Heck, you can even use a website like this one:

Earth Impact Effects Perdue University

You can put in 2 meters wide, give it the same density as hard rock, put it at 30 km/s, and a 45 degree angle, and guess what? The results are remarkably close to what all those videos show.....

link   
reply to post by habshead

Wow. If a sizable meteorite fell over Cuba as well-what the heck???

IF this is true-this could POSSIBLY get a little freaky.

If anyone has any info about a meteorite over Cuba-I'm all ears. Or eyes, I should say.

link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
its just ironic, a big meteor hits russia, hours before a close encounter with DA-12...

It certainly seems like they can be related in some form or fashion..

I am no scientist, but my opinion is they are related...

Is DA-12 going to be closer then they are guessing?

If I was in Russia, and witnessed a big meteor hit near where I was and heard a loud explosion I would be a bit concerned with DA-12 as well...

Just to much of a coincidence..

Russians analyzed the trajectories and they aren't compatible by a long shot. These are two separate celestial objects.

link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The media was applying that in no WAY were the two related by way of their diagram. Now the media is saying that MAYBE they were related. What's next?....Mr Oberg to appear on CNBC at 2:20 PM EST today dispel it all again?

Not directed at Mr O. but...any idiot can explain things afterwards. They can even effectively say it was a missile for all we know. So..where was the explanation yesterday before it happened?

All these johnny-come-lately 'experts' are a joke. It's like a fortune teller breaking down and explaining to you what happened yesterday instead of forecasting accurately what will happen tomorrow!

Nonsense.

Honestly HA,

They could tell the "Dancing with the Stars" crowd whatever they want, change the story completely 3 times and that crowd would still never raise one question, or their fat behinds to see what is really going on.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HijinxIt is not how ever closer than our satellites this is a misconception.

Well the director of Jordell Bank Observatory disagrees with you, he said that it's coming in lower than our GPS satellites, that was about 10 hours ago on the BBC morning news...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We're not even in the peak of any meteor shower activity.

So, what's up now??? Will Oberg address this in an hour or will he not? That is the question.

BREAKING-Meteor Crash, This Time In CUBA
investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Yes there ARE estimates, don't ask me, but there are ways to *estimate* based on trajectory, sound waves etc. as I just read somewhere else. Some astronomers ESTIMATED the meteorite in fact weighing 40T initially based on this.

That is correct.

If it had started out at 40 tons and finished at 10 tons.........

there would be a MUCH, MUCH, bigger hole in the ground (or ice) somewhere than the one in the lake the are showing.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No ax, just skepticism.

Scientists are as accurate as weathermen.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
The meteorite can't be from the asteroid, can it? It had a different trajectory. Something to do with conservation of momentum?

Like if you stick a piece of gum on a spinning top, then spin the top, and it slowly comes off, it has to fly off at the same angle the top was spinning.

Then again, I didn't pay attention much in class.

Seems another 'meteorite' struck Cuba last night/this morning too. So, what cartoon diagram will they make for this one?
The media doles out nothing but fodder for their flock of readers/believers in bright appealing colors too.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

I do not believe any of it till i see it......boooooo.... show me data/facts/evidence!

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join