It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

That fast?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Indeed! The power is huge!
I just think it is strange that there was no warning for this event...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is not your average plane contrail. This is far away from where it was recorded. It landed 80 km from Chelyabinsk.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Fair enough, but two pieces? that both broke up into two smaller pieces at the exact same time, even to the extent that the contrails they left as evidence of this combustive event exhibited identical characteristics?

Care to address that?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727eng
reply to post by Geraputo

I have heard that in Russia auto accident fraud is rampant, so many people have dashcams to record all driving.

I am in the UK and have had a dashcam in the car for about a year now. I captured a meteor on the drive home a few weeks ago. Saw another recording of it as well on the BBC site captured on the dashcam of a taxi near Birmingham... pretty cool!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Shuye

If the World Was going to end you think our governments,News Media would even tell us?

The answer is an obvious no. But nonetheless it irritates me that they are the ones that decide consensually what people should think, do and believe. If they scream SHEER COINCIDENCE it means that the sheeple would follow and that would be the common opinion, or the "common sense", whether it's right or wrong.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Because you can't see something the length of a yard stick flying at 10/km per second when you are staring at the sun. No matter what kind of equipment you have. You would have to have some kind of orbital motion shield that detected asteroids. It would have to be very far away to give you ample time though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Also,

In the High Definition videos I have seen, the contrail behind the meteor at one point is ablaze with fire, but stationary against the sky.. I may be totally incorrect, but wouldn't falling debris that was on fire continue to travel in the initial direction?

Why yes it would. Well then what could possibly be burning in a fireball but sitting still in the object's wake?

Propellant comes to mind...
edit on 15-2-2013 by JayDub113 because: typos

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Because the smoke trail was coming off one single piece to the left and right?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
I think i heard on rt that russias biggest nuclear powerstation is in that city chebinsk, i may be wrong.

seems like they @ RT were too lazy to check the wikipedia.
or maybe you just heard it wrong?

nuclear plants in Russia

there is no nuclear plant in Chelyabinsk, there are plans to build one 140 km north-west from it.

link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Well I can't be sure, but if I built an orbital defense rail gun I would. I guess Wiki says something about a hypothetical Mach 10 speed for the projectile. It's all speculation.

link   
its time like this that ATS turns out to be a fun hangout, when all of the sudden everyone has a science/physics degree...

EDIT: channel rt is covering it right now
edit on 15-2-2013 by baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think I know what you mean, and I could almost believe that, except when it abruptly changes, two smoke trails at once..

Do any of you guys watch "Sherlock" haha.. THINK!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Or atmosphere burning.

link   
Wow, a 10 ton piece of space crap happened to come crashing through our atmosphere and exploded.....end of...not the first time and certainly not the last..

link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Which brings me back to my prediction I made a long way back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, i did say it will rain down on Mexico city but still.... I may have been off a bit.... there could be more to come...

What if Rome gets hit by one????

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Yeah but that contrail was much finer in width when the event took place and what you are seeing is the contrail dissipating, just as jets and missiles do. Is the contrail huge as the airliner creates it? Or does it dissipate into a huge one?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
What ATS? Where is your sense of dOOm?
Nobody has said it yet:
The Maruts - the "terrible" ones - stones of Barad.
Whoops! That's from the last chapter.
I'm going down to the bunker now, see you up at St. Peters.
(stay far away from any Assyrians you might run across)
edit on 15-2-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

Or atmosphere burning.

Except that the atmosphere will never ignite by any chemical means thanks to the inert gas N2

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The reason it took so long to hear the blast, is because it happened 35 miles above our heads. Taking it roughly 2 and a half minutes to reach the ground, and our ears, and the windows.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join