It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
reply to post by JayDub113

Yeah but that contrail was much finer in width when the event took place and what you are seeing is the contrail dissipating, just as jets and missiles do. Is the contrail huge as the airliner creates it? Or does it dissipate into a huge one?

You are correct it dissipates into a huge one.

What happened was two identical plumes that were side by side, and then both dissipated into two huge identical trails..

I just want an explanation why, we should be past debating that that is what happened..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ok thank you for making that point. Do you think maybe the rock itself had some kind of combustible material in it?

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I have done an incredibly artistic reconstruction of what I mean, just so I am clear in my description........

One meteor, two trails.....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAbstract

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
I think i heard on rt that russias biggest nuclear powerstation is in that city chebinsk, i may be wrong.

seems like they @ RT were too lazy to check the wikipedia.
or maybe you just heard it wrong?

nuclear plants in Russia

there is no nuclear plant in Chelyabinsk, there are plans to build one 140 km north-west from it.

from wikipedia

Chelyabinsk has had a long association (since the 1940s) with top-secret nuclear research, though this is more properly applicable to Chelyabinsk Oblast as a whole, as nuclear facilities such as Chelyabinsk-70 (Snezhinsk) are, or were, located far outside the city. A serious nuclear accident occurred in 1957 at the Mayak nuclear fuel reprocessing plant, 150 km north-west of the city, which caused deaths in Chelyabinsk Oblast but not in the city. The province was closed to all foreigners until 1992 other than a British medical team following a two train rail explosion in the mid 1980s.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

I think every material is combustible when moving at speeds in order of kilometers per second through the atmosphere

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice that the shadow it created in a few of those shots was angular and slow moving? looks like some kind of craft to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

Ok thank you for making that point. Do you think maybe the rock itself had some kind of combustible material in it?

I think that's a huge amount of energy.. I guess it's possible, I honestly don't know..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Awesome picture!

That completely explains the initial double trail..

Make me a pretty picture that explains the second one.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

persistent trains (smoke trails) are common with fireball type meteors and may last from seconds to minutes. I don't know why anyone is so mystified by this... If something burns up it gives off smoke right?

As the rare, larger meteoroids enter the atmosphere, they often leave a smoke trail behind. This trail can last from a few seconds to many minutes. The longer lasting trails are called trains. While they start out straight, the speedy high altitude winds (around 80 kilometers or 60 miles high) can distort them into strange shapes.

www.astroleague.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The flash would have been it breaking up into smaller pieces, the blast/shockwave may have been produced later by secondary blasts, or......it was further away than what it seems in the video and shockwave/blast/sound travels slower than light? (think thunder lightning)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

well, technically speaking, Mayak is a research facility and therefore calling it a powerplant, moreover the biggest one doesn't seem legit to me..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I kinda think that is what he is explaining in a very simple manner so we can understand his idea. I think he is right that it is because it is moving around the object. Just like a jet or car in the wind tunnel. You see the air and whatnot going around the object in two directions. Over and under correct?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I love your artistic rendition of pootie poot shooting down the meteor hahaha classic!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

That would be pretty accurate, yes.

link   
reply to post by CaptainAbstract

i believe that is the closest one around, and yes you are right!

link   
A russian guy on NTV Mir just said:"Urals. And everybody knows what that means. All the largest factories. Loads of power plants."

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
i think this must have something to do with the large asteroid which is meant to 'skim' earth in next 24 hours.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm in awe, really.

We have discussed this sort of thing on ATS for sooooo long and then to have it actually happen and be so well documented is really kind of cool, though not if you live in Russia. I hope they recover quickly.

But...no one will EVAH convince me this is not related to the asteroid. It has got to be part of it's debris field, it's just entirely too coincidental otherwise.

Goodness knows I hate doom threads and predictions but, dang! I'm a tad nervous about what the rest of the day may hold.

Originally posted by Maskander
It was a natural gas explosion!

The news told me so!!!

LMFAO!
edit on 2/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I have done an incredibly artistic reconstruction of what I mean, just so I am clear in my description........

One meteor, two trails.....

Heyy no stealing my putin schtick!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol, at least yours serves a purpose !!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
i think this must have something to do with the large asteroid which is meant to 'skim' earth in next 24 hours.

Is that what you think? Really? Have you read an ounce of this thread? Jeez I wish you guys would at least give me a job. So tawdry. I guess what works works eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join