It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Ok one question. Why is it in that video it's daytime and in your video it's almost evening time? And why does it look the same? Same direction?
edit on 2/15/2013 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Makes me wonder what DEFCON level the Pentagon is at right now.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Ok I wish Phage was here to clear it up lol

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I wonder why MSM give this story so little attention. My dad is hearing the news every single hour and it's been more than 4 hours and they haven't said anything. Until I showed him the videos he almost didn't believe me.

Isn't that a big enough story for the news?!

I wonder why the MSM is so quiet about it, considering there's a bigger rock approaching near later today. If MSM had any legitimacy for news covering, they should have speculating whether this has something to do with the asteroid approaching later today, interviewing experts and doing SOME research, instead of dismissing it as a sheer coincidence.

My God, who gave these people the right to tell others what's on the news.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by T4NG0

Ok one question. Why is it in that video it's daytime and in your video it's almost evening time? And why does it look the same? Same direction?

Correct me if I'm wrong but this occurred at about 8:20 in the morning local time? And it's Russia at a rather high latitude, so that hour it would just be starting to get light out?

I'm off for the night folks, it's nearly 3 am here. Hoping it all holds together til morning....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by T4NG0

Ok one question. Why is it in that video it's daytime and in your video it's almost evening time? Andy why does it look the same? Same direction?

Because a good amount of time passed between when it flew by and when the shock wave was heard which is why I believe the trail looks somewhat dissipated when the wave hits. It is morning time and the sun is rising.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by winofiend

Crikey, they didn't even play a full clip here in WA, no audio on it at all. Just a few seconds of the smoke tail, some vision of a street with the building and then back to the important stuff, a man holding up a petrol station from last month.

Probably because this event wasn't planned. They have to play catchup. Unlike 911...

Haha, I'll leave that horse alone.

But this is WA, colloquially known as "Wait Awhile".. Where the news is sport, sport, sport, sport stars on drugs, sports or when it's not the News, it's sports.

Sidelined with some stuff from the eastern states.

News like this? What!! I don't wanna hear about something in Russia, I need to know if ben cousins took that eccie before or after he did a runner from the cops, and are the footballers still shooting up cows blood... we need the important news here..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Good night and thanks for replying to me

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

What u mean? Two different videos showing it falling. Exact same thing. Only thing is different is that one is daytime and the other one is evening.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Some of the videos brought by others. Thanks for making ATS the informative place it is.
Something never before captured... a complete start to finish video of a major celestial event. What blind freaking luck he was turning the corner when he did.

Loud sonic booms...

Breaking glass can be heard in this one. I bet that hurt the ears...

This one is revealing. Background booms and reports continue for some time after the initial bang. Its what you would expect if the object broke apart and minor fragments continued their trans_sonic paths. Lots of meteorite fragments to be found down range.

According to some initial poster brings, buildings have been damaged. If true, those are big fragment$.

And a pic of that place...

Thank you all. To all a good night. Don't sleep under your windows tonight! Leave your drapes drawn to block flying glass...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's been a good few years since I actually signed into ATS, but this story has really got me on the edge of my seat. I'm in no position to speculate on any of the details, so I'll just sit back and watch what unfolds, if anything. Definitely the most surreal thing I've woken up to in a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

It's the first HD footage you have seen. That's why I think you feel it looks different. HD has a way of showing true color.
edit on 15-2-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

ok thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I saw the biggest meteorite/Shooting star I have ever seen a couple of nights ago in Auckland, New Zealand.
It was about 2 or 3.15am and the thing was about the size of the fingernail on my little finger held at arms length and it went through the sky about 6 inches held at arms length. Very bright, very short lived.
Could this small stuff be part of the original collision that sent the bigger one coming our way on Saturday morning (NZ time) into it's current orbit many many years ago? I guess we will never really know.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the trajectory was southish to northish?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This came out on Live leaks. It is in 720p I believe and is amazing! This is the first HQ I have seen so far.

Live Leak

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
There are plenty of people on here who are cock sure that DA14 will not have any impact, we've known about it for ages, fine. The question arises though, why wasn't this incident warned of in advance in the same way? If this kind of incident is unpredictable, presumably it could happen in the next minute wherever you are.
So I don't want to be a doom monger, but I heard no mention of this russian incident or accompanying warnings yesterday.

Well the fact is space is chock full of very fast moving dark objects. We really could be stuck down by something at any time. We are hit daily by thousands of insignificant things. They burn up in the atmosphere and we never ever know. Hitting the ocean or simply unpopulated land. Or being insufficient in size to strike land at all.

We've managed to do so well so far (waves to the dinos).

That we know about one, doesn't mean we know every one.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
See what I mean?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
rt.com...

Lot of updates on RT.com. 6 metre crater found, meteor weighed 10 tons, "exploded 9 times" while in the air. I'm no expert, does it all sound about right for something like that?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow...just watched this on the news-unbelievable footage.
I think people got off lightly-this could have been Tunguska mark2,and it would have flattened the city of Chebylinsk.
Even so,I doubt they will forget this day ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join