It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Being posted in full, because it won't make sence otherwise. For those who have read this in it's entirety, you surely will understand why. Kudos to whom resurrected this thread.

Originally posted by magestica
A song from Depeche Mode to my mind

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I never even met you
So what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

Help me understand

Now you're punching and you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fist

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man

Help me understand

Now that you have read it, you understand now too, I hope.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So far, the only "mods" I've experienced are Intrepid and Nygdan. While
both are strong personalities, they usually have something of merit to add
to the discussion. Not trying to win friends and influence "mods".... just an
honest opinion...................

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Bump, shove, push, kick, gasp, grunt.

*bites lip*

OK, I feel better now!

Gazz

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Gazz, we should have this thread placed in our favorites and every time someone makes some statement about mods not having a right to an opinion, we simply send this to them via u2u.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey! Who's picking on my UMmy bear?

I just won't stand for it! Let me at them.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I suspect it was evolved due to a member or two complaining. Members should understand that moderators were probably members at one time and due to good posting and handling of matters were promoted to mod. Thus, they have earned that position and their advice and opinions should be welcome. I have not encountered a mod as of yet but certainly understand the need for supervision and management in all parts of business, including internet business such as running websites.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue
So far, the only "mods" I've experienced are Intrepid and Nygdan.

That is a good thing, the rest of us are lethal enforcers. Not to be seen unless a defiler of the ani-ignorance is loose. May you and all who read this, not have such an "experience".

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You mean Mod's aren't some sort of software programed to brainwash us?

I'm joking. Seriously, the Mod's here are the best PERIOD. They are very helpful and very friendly. Most of the time I don't even notice that they are mods, to me they are just a bunch of helpful friends whose icon, in the chatroom, is that guy standing next to a giant coffee mug.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Members should understand that moderators were probably members at one time...

Annie, great point! This applies to pretty much everyone. I know I was a member for over 2 years before becoming a moderator, and most of the other mods have similar stories.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let me correct this "mods are people" misunderstanding.

Some mods are people but some are androids, some are computer programs, some are aliens, some are genetically enhanced chimps and some are Canadian.

I hope this cleared things up

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have to say that overall, I have greatly admired the mods here. I even have a friendly rivalry going with one or two. There are though some who at times step outside the guidelines ( I think)
AMUK,
question, what category do you fit in? Person, program, android ?
Sorry had to ask

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
AMUK,
question, what category do you fit in? Person, program, android ?
Sorry had to ask

My wife says genetically enhanced chimp

And if I havent learned anything else in the 25+ years we have been married ..........I have learned she is right......every time

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i think im of the Alien kind

Though im not green ok or grey! im PINK!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree the mods have a hard job and are, of course, entitled to their own personal opinions and should express them as vigourously as any other member

I, for one, though am now very, very wary of arguing with a mod as some react to debate in a thread by using their mod powers to warn / ban people who they've disagreed with.

This seems to me to be a potential abuse of power and creates a two (or three) tier board. Us mere mortals who can be proved wrong and our 'betters' who can't be argued with and remove / sanction members who cross swords with them. (Details not posted as that matter was resolved and I don't want to be beasted & GI'd again!)

My only gripe with an otherwise superb board

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wondering if you could you share with us, the members of ATS, the exact number of Moderators living in Britain, Canada and the United States in each?

Perhap's you can also add the number of Councilors per Country too.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Mods are people too-yes. Further more they volunteer there time to make this board(s) what they are.
But with the power of being a mod to this board comes the responsibility of setting the standard for all to follow.

Simply put, if any mod is rude, uses poor language and such in someone’s post-then that is the standard they set for the whole board.

This is not unlike being a cop. Cops have much more authority than the average person, but with that power comes responsibility.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes. I suppose what's good for Moderators is good for Members. We have abunch of real good ones too. And most all are - I think fair. And all are very knowledgeable too.
But would like to know the number of Moderators per Country as asked above?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dallas, I am not sure that asking for specifics is vital to Moderators are People Too..

Take it from me, if you will, the staff makes up a diverse group, be it national origin or political ideology. This site is blessed to have staff and members from Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the US, etc. Asking for more specifics than given is pointless, IMHO, and personally, it should have no bearing as to how they objectively do their duties within ATS and the community, though, some will make it an issue. What should matter is that they are apart of this community as any one of us are, and as such, are entitled to have their own opinions when making comments to topics, despite them being staff.

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There is simple information I feel should be available to Members of ATS through asking, Moderator numbers v Countries, being one of them.

The question has no design by me, just a curiosity. If it's too sensitive then it would be good and honest that the powers to be say so. If its a reasonable question asked in good faith - which it is, perhap's an answer is forthcoming.

That's all Seekerof. No hostile intent here.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi Dallas,

Perhaps other ATS Staff will chime in also...but I hail from the wonderful country of New Zealand...tucked waaaaaaay down here in the South Pacific.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join