It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confiscate Firearms - Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation : Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony..

Source

Read The Bill

So it begins.
Will it pass?

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting how the gun grabbing communists continue acting state after state, yet "Sandy Hook" is old news and not even mentioned now. It's just the bare agenda for all to see - confiscating the most effective tools against tyranny that the People have.

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
O boy, this is going to get ugly fast.

I dont live in missouri, california just as bad, but im not giving up anymore ground. I will not turn in my arms, i will not register my arms. I will not follow you into the gas chambers

DONT TREAD ON ME!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

Will it pass?

Not a chance. This is just posturing by the anti-freedom gun grabbers.

Remember that anything can be put into a bill, literally anything. Theres no limits on what can be proposed. Having it actually passing, having it not be deemed unconstitutional by a supreme court, getting people to actually enforce the law, and then do it safely without it turning into an absolute bloodbath setting the example for other states that trying to enforce such a law is a horrible, demoralizing and probably impossible task, is a completely different story.

edit on 2/14/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If I was the bodyguard of the people behind this I would start looking for a different job. They're making them selves a high risk job for crap pay.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am ashamed I just now get the full meaning of what is going on as one of the comments is right on target.

The systematic dismantling of the military,and the citizen is true and has been on going for the past few years.

More states will follow suit you can bet on it the only people who are allowed as per the "progressive" platform is LEO's.

Welcome to what a real police state looks like,.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wasnt Mis-ser-y one of the states that said it would not abide by any Federal Gun Legislation that was introduced?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The next election in Missouri will see some new politicians in power it looks like.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know much about Missouri's politics. How are the political parties divided amongst the state legislature? Also what are people saying about the probability of this even passing? My only word of advice for those living in that state is get on the phones and make your voice heard!

I cannot believe that Missouri would be for this, but it is being pushed by the democrats so I guess I'm not really surprised there. Keep making law abiding citizens criminals with the stroke of a pen, and pretty soon there will be only criminals left.

edit on 2/14/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As a Missouri Resident, I can say we have a Dem Governor....but we have a very conservative State House. This law has a snowball's chance in hell of seeing more than a press conference. They got their soundbite though.

I can say with absolute certainty though....the men who signed or supported this even being brought for consideration *WILL* be remembered on election day as they come up for re-election to their seats. They won't likely have them after that. I hope the little flash of fame to the national debate was worth their careers.

Democrats in Missouri can be as loud as they like. Free country and all....but they have almost ZERO power in this state and seem to forget themselves on that point. As I said... Election day will remind them, I have NO doubt.

(Source)

^^^ That was Missouri for the 2012 Election result. We don't tolerate fools or extreme lefty's very well, outside a few areas they seem to concentrate. No state is perfect though, right?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I am ashamed I just now get the full meaning of what is going on as one of the comments is right on target.

The systematic dismantling of the military,and the citizen is true and has been on going for the past few years.

More states will follow suit you can bet on it the only people who are allowed as per the "progressive" platform is LEO's.

Welcome to what a real police state looks like,.
I have to say the same, it's clear as day now.

I used to be one of those against guns but over the past few days I've turned 180 degrees. I see now what is happening and it's NOTHING to do with safety or criminality.. it's clearly another way to supress people. Once they have total power with no fear of reprisal..*shudder* I dread to think.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The next election in Missouri will see some new politicians in power it looks like.

Hmmm, not so sure.If this agenda is successful,I don't think there will ever be elections again.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hasn't this been covered.State's cannot enact laws that violate the Constitution?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony..

Source

Read The Bill

So it begins.
Will it pass?

When I read that, I took the context as saying their about to go to war with their own people. . .

Its as if I'v just read a blueprint for a military invasion if their sanctions are not met

Crazy times America . . .

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the bunny nailed it....

political suicide in a nutshell.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I wish that I could give you more than one star for this
post.These will have to do...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So how many people here who own one of these weapons are going to hand them in?

Failing that,

How many people here are going to engage in a gun battle to the death with state/federal forces who attempt to relieve you of your constitutional right to bear arms?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have to say it because every time i think of the state of Missouri, i see that pic of a stubborn mule in my head that has always somehow stuck....
I am relieved to hear from The Wrabbit that the place is as firmly rooted to the ground as that mule on the picture.
And it stands to reason that all those southern gentlemn will have to be "shown"before they would bow to compliance.....
I really dont reckon this is as worrisome as it could be elsewhere in the lower 49....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join