It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confiscate Firearms - Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation : Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
So how many people here who own one of these weapons are going to hand them in?

Failing that,

How many people here are going to engage in a gun battle to the death with state/federal forces who attempt to relieve you of your constitutional right to bear arms?

If I lived there I wouldn't answer this question. Instead of paint a target on my back I would rather them get a nice surprise when they come around to collect the guns.....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

I didn't see #6 on that ridiculous list....Move out of that God forsaken State....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
So how many people here who own one of these weapons are going to hand them in?

Failing that,

How many people here are going to engage in a gun battle to the death with state/federal forces who attempt to relieve you of your constitutional right to bear arms?

Most likley the majority of gun owners would be ready to protect their right to Bare Arms. The Amendment was wrote to protect this exact attack on American citizens.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

I very much doubt they are, but I think nobody ever will answer that post because speculating and talk are all very well. But lets be honest, what do YOU actualy do when the government comes to your house to relieve you off your firearms?

Hand them over

OR

Assault and kill agents of the state who are violating your constitutional rights?

Do people here seriously think they are going to be one of those people on the nine o clock news being covered as a lunatic who just murdered some state troopers?

Thats ultimatly what it will come down it.

If I lived there I wouldn't answer this question. Instead of paint a target on my back I would rather them get a nice surprise when they come around to collect the guns.....

Ok fair enough, at least thats one person who has stated he would shoot and kill government agents attempting to violate his rights, what about any others?, any militia members?
edit on 14-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hehehe, now that's funny! I have several friends who live in Missouri (just talked via Skype to one of them about this last night) and I must say that even on the absolutely bizarre chance that something like this did pass there is a zero to NONE chance that folks will abide by such a law! They would have much better success at mandating the good people of Missouri to speak only Mandarine Chinese- the whole idea is ludicrous!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

LOL sounds like to me you got something to hide, probably got an underground bunker FILLED with surface to air missles and yellow cake.

One to be watched I reckon!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would like for those members of ATS who live in Missouri to keep track of those who vote, either way, on this bill.
It could be very interesting when it comes next election, just how they fair with the voters.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am going to take a wild guess at where the major cities are located on your map.

edit on 14-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"They" won't be confiscating anyone's weapons.

Up until the time that they start confiscating everyone's weapons.
edit on 14-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

S&F
Hummmmmmm, Dear Missouri Democrats.
We wish to ask you. You truly believe Criminals will Happily comply because their afraid of being Arrested?

edit on 14-2-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Hasn't this been covered.State's cannot enact laws that violate the Constitution?

States can enact any laws they want. It isn't until it goes in front of the Supreme Court that their decisions (stupid as they may be) are overturned. Then again the current Supreme Court is pretty stupid too, so it's a crap shoot.

BTW, I've already contacted my rep and he said it doesn't have a chance of passing. Just look at the red map.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
its gonna happen guys.....

fight all ya like....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

No.

No it will not.

Any questions?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Hasn't this been covered.State's cannot enact laws that violate the Constitution?

States can enact any laws they want. It isn't until it goes in front of the Supreme Court that their decisions (stupid as they may be) are overturned. Then again the current Supreme Court is pretty stupid too, so it's a crap shoot.

BTW, I've already contacted my rep and he said it doesn't have a chance of passing. Just look at the red map.

Then again the current Supreme Court is pretty stupid too, so it's a crap shoot.

You're absolutely Correct, the Supreme Court is Stupid.
They don't need to be thinking about disarming Honest, Law Abiding Citizens.
The Citizens of America to the Supreme Court.

Or how about we just go ahead and Treat You All Now For Your Senile-ism

edit on 14-2-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

ok.......no questions...
your the boss

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I just dont understand these politicians... What part of 2nd amendment applies to the individual per the US Supreme Court do they not understand? Better yet I would like to ask these idiots what part of NO EX POST FACTO do they not comprehend?

For those in Missouri - time to be heard

State of Missouri
US House of Rep
US Senate
Missouri General Assembly

I will in no way, shape or form enforce this assinine law should it pass. Any person trying to enforce it should be arrested, charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for violating the US and State Constitution.

Any Representative who sponsors / co sponsors / votes for this bill should be booted out of office at the earliest possible moment.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Marshallnews.com/story/1936730.HTML

Not going to happen. Every state trooper I know says the same thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join