It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting report.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hello all, new UFO report from New Zealand, Snells Beach north of Auckland.
UFO spotted heading south-easterly at around 9:30pm (13:00GMT). It passed behind the big dipper moving towards the southern cross, it took around 5second to pass between the constellations.
It had a singular orange/green light and was too high to be an airplane or helicopter.
After passing between the big dipper and southern cross it disappeared into the sky before returning 10seconds later in a new location. It then started to zig-zag then double back before hitting the horizon and headed due west. I believe the likelihood of it being a satellite is low.
No photos as my only camera is my cellphone, tried to take pictures and it was just a black photo.

Sighting lasted for around 7miniutes during that time i witnessed maneuvers that would rule out a common explanation.

Can anyone give me any insight to what i might of seen or give their opinions on the subject i have written of above to try and find a reasonable explanation.
No trolling.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

hi, man,,
i once saw a ufo that went zig-zag across the sky,, covered the entire horizon in less than a minute..
they cant be satellites, because the pattern would require some sort of propulsion,,
this is the first time that i have heard, that someone else saw a zig zag thing before....
and also i took 3 seconds every time it turned,.. making that pattern...
i think they are military drones,,,
edit on 14-2-2013 by solve because: more

edit on 14-2-2013 by solve because: more

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

It was the first one that i had seen zig-zag also, iam keeping in mind any logical explanation before blatantly yelling ufo.
Thank you for your input. high-altitude military drones are a probability, i'd have to look into secret drone operations and drone surveillance in New Zealand to find if it is more possible then ET technology.

Satellites are definitely off the list.

Im starting to rule out most military spy drones because i doubt that they would have any sort of lights that would potentionaly give away its location.
edit on 2/14/2013 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sounds like a firefly or an ETC, although some people fly quadracopters or hexacopters with LEDs capable of fooling expert observers at night. Those things are amazing but expensive, and governments are starting to use them for surveillance.

But anyway, in ufology witnesses are the privileged class.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

In the world today it could be anything i understand.
I wouldnt be surprised if the "Five Eyes Intelligence Club" has something to do with it if it is some kind of drone or quadracopters/hexacopters, for surveillance on people that the government finds suspicious or a threat. I only know quadracopters and hexacopters being used for photography e.c.t. I dont doubt that one could be easily modified, but what is the maximum altitude for one to fly?

Im searching into anything logical that is suggested in an attempt to find some kind of paper-trail

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Hmm nice, how long did the zig zagging last for and what sort of speed did it do the zig zag at, rough distance covered by each motion etc.

Since that sounds like the most interesting aspect. If you take out the zig zag bit and the double backing it could have been a satellite, although the color doesnt match any ive seen and not sure about the direction based on your description, most satellites ive watched travel the same 'highway' in the sky... ill be honest all I know is the Southern Cross, Orion, Scorpio, the stars Rigel and Haydar, and Mangelin Clouds and the Pleiades and thats the limit of my star pointing, so not sure where the Big Dipper is in relation to us.

Think ill keep an eye out the next few nights
im in the Waikato but hey never know had some good clear nights recently
Your lucky to see something like that, ive always wanted to see a zig zagger.

edit:- Hmm from the looks of it you cant see the big dipper anywhere down here, sure you arent meaning some other constellation like Corvus(sp?)? Think ill have to break out the big old astronomy guide book on the book shelf

Oh and keep an eye out for the next few nights around the same time, might come back which could make it easier to identify.
edit on 14-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

It zig-zagged for roughly 7seconds in a erratic jagged manner, what comes to mind in terms of explaining it on a post would be as such; (a)-------///--//----///--(b). (a) being from where the anomaly reappeared to (b) where it doubled back on itself. I could just follow it with my eyes, and im certain it was at a really high altitude.

The big dipper isnt technically a constellation but it is apart of Ursa Major, just a guess but you may be able to see it around the north or northeast at 8:40-9:30pm im not to sure but the later it gets the more western it goes.

I agree we have been having awesome clear nights, i used to live in the Bay of Plenty where i could see the stars better without Aucklands light-pollution and never saw a thing when i moved up North it was like bam sudden paranoia we may not be alone in this universe, haha ya never know.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Also, how can you tell whether it's too high to be an airplane? Military fighters are small and you won't even see or barely hear one when it is at normal cruising altitude.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

Ive seen many airplanes passover at high-altitude but i could still see more then one light on them, New Zealand isnt known for its militant airforce, i think at best we just have the Hercules and a few others that are pulled out of the bunker for Airshows.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

New Zealand isnt known for its militant airforce

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-2-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

i will not settle for gruen-transfer whatever his face is comedian ahah even when iam tipsy from having a few more than a few.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Amazing linked spheres dancing ritual:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Amazing sphere closeup on 10/15/13 5:19pm EST:

Spotter cam and Tasco 60mm scope:

Tasco scope footage from 5:19pm to 5:32pm:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
UFO, amorphous object closeup 10/21/13 2:52pm EST.

Object spotted at 2:52pm, I managed to get some closeup footage using a 80mm Celestron, 900mm focal length, with magnification of 107x:

top topics

join