It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing and Spooky Experience.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Interesting post.
I've had similar experiences myself, so I know full well what you mean by that sense of heavy, malevolent terror that can surround you during certain spiritual experiences. It's just something people have to feel themselves to know what it's like.
You're not crazy, and congratulations on your experience, even though it was a negative one.
My advice would be to not antagonize or encourage anything that may have its attention on you. Also, pay attention to any changes to your personality. If, for example, you start getting angry at people for things that would not normally upset you, or you suddenly develop an abnormal craving for whatever chemical, be aware that something may be influencing you.
What you mentioned about the physical sensations and heaviness is a bit concerning.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

It reminded me of a panic attack as well. Not the physical manifestations themselves, but some of the feelings and thoughts involved.

I feel that often it's best not to mentally fight some things. It can cause a horrendous internal struggle. Pick your battles, as it were. But DON'T let them control and fear you. As others have said, lose the fear. Recognize what's happening, and tell it to leave you alone. Call upon God and Christ to take control if you feel an evil entity is at hand.

The physical symptoms are worrying. I'd go in for a stress test, if you haven't recently. The heaviness may have been your body's reaction to the circumstance, not necessarily an attack from "it."
edit on 14-2-2013 by Geetface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I woke up once middle of the night, to see a whirlwind or dervish- like fog in my bedroom,in the corner.Next thing there was this pitchblack shadow-silhouette next to my bed.With me it was awe too,i was'nt afraid,maybe because i didnt feel any threat from it.I dont know what it meant,i still don't,but i turned over+went to sleep while it was still there,i was getting very sleepy+tired.I dont think i would've felt comfy enough to turn my back on it if was hostile and evil-i sense danger easy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
...UPDATE...

Before I read and respond to new comments I would like to briefly update the situation.

First of all, an ATS member discretely PM'd me to ask about drugs and/or alcohol. The answer to both of those is "no". I don't really drink and don't do any drugs, legal or otherwise. I was as sober a church mouse of the evening of the 12th.

Next, whatever it was -- and I think it was something, it's gone. I had no sense of it being around yesterday or last night and slept like a baby.

I really appreciate the comments and input of all my fellow ATS'ers and am going to go through the new posts over the next hour or two.

Thanks again for all your replies!
edit on 14-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Lousy spelling...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've had somewhat similar experiences I recently moved into a home that is 164 years old in the historical district on "native" land... I know the creeks my house makes and Every couple of nights I hear out of the ordinary things like a door closing and latching/opening.. I go check and everything seems to be just how it was with no disturbances. I've also had a time or two where I went by a mirror and my own reflection startled me. literally... Weird things happen that we cannot explain, and sometimes it can be very unsettling. Keep on keeping on my friend.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've had "company" of some sort or other my whole life, and it wasn't until recently that I learned that most people don't have that specific feeling of not ever being alone. That said, it's generally felt like I live with other folks who I'm very used to, and if anything, it's always kept me from feeling afraid, regardless of the situation.

On occasion, I have felt as if someone that I don't know (on a purely unconscious level) has come up to me and is crowding my personal space, and on a few rare occasions, I've felt threatened. When this has happened, I realized that instinctively I dropped my face a bit, "bore down" on the space surrounding me (sort of a tensing up and then flexing that built up tension outward in deep bursts of pure aggression) to knock back the intruder, and it's never failed to immediately eliminate the feeling of being imposed upon.

I'll admit that it could just be my own way of killing off "the creeps", and if so, then that's okay too. Whatever works. But it does work, and it works along the exact same lines that traditional rituals, like smudging and blessing areas with holy water, work for other folks. If real, then what is happening when one performs ritual cleansing practices is that they are focusing the very same inherent power that I am to repel whatever it is that's gotten too familiar or aggressive for my own comfort. We each have the power to repel discarnate humans, and nothing exists as intelligent and discarnate besides human beings.

I just visualize a quick burst of personal essence pushing outward in all directions from me, and that always clears the area of whatever it was that had me uncomfortable. And like I said, even if it's just my imagination, it works and I immediately feel free and clear. Just a thought for anyone who ever gets vexed like that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
THANK YOU for sharing! This is the very reason I, and I suspect many others, come to this site. Just off the top of my head I would say it may have something to do with the date. I would be checking to see if something happened in that old house on that date. And maybe from now on you could plan to be away from the house for a day or two and let the cycle play out on its own...

But actually it might be better to take proactive action and have the house "cleansed" by a well reputed spiritual worker of some sort... There may actually be an old object in the attic or even within the walls that needs to be removed or destroyed or fixed.. I'm serious. I've seen cases where they called in the ghost hunters, and by detecting electromagnetic fields, or maybe it was infrared.... but they found an anomoly behind a wall, and when they actually broke through the wall with a hammer or crowbar, they actually found something inside the wall! It was like a hair brush or a small box or something like that.

In some cases, just discovering an item can cease activity. I think sometimes the spirits just want to acknowledge or to have their sad or tragic story be known, or have their murder solved, but sometimes you may have to destroy the object by fire or other means...

It makes me think back about all the belongings I've ever owned... I've moved a lot and lost a lot of "stuff". What if, after I die,.my spirit is attached to some object I treasured when I was a kid... Like my first NES system, sitting in a dump somewhere, and my soul cannot move on until someone finds it... Who knows why this kind of thing happens? All I know is, it happens.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandy1love
reply to post by SBMcG

Hey SBMcG,

-At what age did your paranormal experiences begin?
-Are you an empathetic person?
-Have all the experiences been negative?
-Have you ever gone out of your way to contact the other side?...

-Perhaps beyond my earliest memory, certainly when I was 10.
-I am empathetic by nature.
-Yes, very much so.
-No.

I am not religious, btw...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by SBMcG

Hey there.Well i certainly know what you mean-for my entire childhood,i sensed a malevolent presence(s) in our house-it was that palpable sensation of something hostile,with evil intent,looming over me.Close enough to touch,daytime too.I was especially terrified of our hallway and the front part of our house.This house was built on an old graveyard,right next to(maybe 8meters) an old deconsecrated church.My adoptive father dug up a human skull in our veggie garden once.There was a lot of scary stuff going on.This was in an industrial area,we lived on the property of my dad's employer,an agent for John Deere+distributor of irrigation pipes+equipment to the agricultural sector.They used the old church for storage,but it later fell into disuse-My dad said quite a few of the workers refused to go inside.They claimed they saw "faces high up on the inner walls" that terrified them,and they affirmed each others stories.My dad said they were so scared,he got the impression they would rather be fired,than to spend time working inside the churchbuilding.It was only when i was a teenager,that i eventually really got used to it,as a small child it was just terrifying,but i guess one gets used to Anything,given enough time.I'll reply more later when im by my pc,i have some cat-stuff and other things to add,bt i can't paragraph on my cell.S+f for you,and i will link to your other thread then+look at that too.Thanks for sharing.

Wow. That is truly creepy. Sounds like a much more ongoing situation than I've ever experienced.
edit on 14-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Lousy grammar...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
Well there you have it...i knew I wasn't stupid.....Same here...We have a dead cat running around our house...i swear that thing is always making noise and making things fall over....I've posted on this forum about it a while back but most rediculed me....Well...Now I know I'm not the only one this happens too.

Thanks for posting !

My first thought was that it might be the disembodied spirit of my late cat: the incident happened exactly 3 weeks after he passed. However, my cat was a gentle and meek soul, and it's hard for me to believe that such a creature in life could be responsible for such an oppressive malevolence in death. I think it was related to something else -- perhaps even the experience I had as a child [link in OP].

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Interesting post.
I've had similar experiences myself, so I know full well what you mean by that sense of heavy, malevolent terror that can surround you during certain spiritual experiences. It's just something people have to feel themselves to know what it's like.
You're not crazy, and congratulations on your experience, even though it was a negative one.
My advice would be to not antagonize or encourage anything that may have its attention on you. Also, pay attention to any changes to your personality. If, for example, you start getting angry at people for things that would not normally upset you, or you suddenly develop an abnormal craving for whatever chemical, be aware that something may be influencing you.
What you mentioned about the physical sensations and heaviness is a bit concerning.

I knew I wasn't crazy, but I am also very skeptical of any claims of the paranormal or supernatural. However, in this case, I can't otherwise explain the experience.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I've lived in the old house on and off for 37 years now. I've lived mostly in new homes I built myself. There is a huge difference between the nocturnal activities and noises of an old house like the one you described or the one I'm in now and a modern home. It's takes a little getting used to at first, imho...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I just visualize a quick burst of personal essence pushing outward in all directions from me, and that always clears the area of whatever it was that had me uncomfortable. And like I said, even if it's just my imagination, it works and I immediately feel free and clear. Just a thought for anyone who ever gets vexed like that.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever feel something like what happened on the 12th coming on again.

Hopefully it never will.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

I know for myself, I can always sense when someone is sincere and telling the truth. Your story fits into that category. I give you credit for staying put. I know for myself, I would have been outta there after hearing the cat noises.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Originally posted by 3n19m470
THANK YOU for sharing! This is the very reason I, and I suspect many others, come to this site. Just off the top of my head I would say it may have something to do with the date. I would be checking to see if something happened in that old house on that date. And maybe from now on you could plan to be away from the house for a day or two and let the cycle play out on its own...

The only significant corresponding date I came up was that it was 3 weeks to the day that my cat died, but I really don't think that had anything to do with it. He was a gentle and happy soul -- I can't imagine him being capable of transmitting such evil.

But actually it might be better to take proactive action and have the house "cleansed" by a well reputed spiritual worker of some sort... There may actually be an old object in the attic or even within the walls that needs to be removed or destroyed or fixed.. I'm serious. I've seen cases where they called in the ghost hunters, and by detecting electromagnetic fields, or maybe it was infrared.... but they found an anomoly behind a wall, and when they actually broke through the wall with a hammer or crowbar, they actually found something inside the wall! It was like a hair brush or a small box or something like that.

Interesting... Well, for some period of time the house was infested with pack rats. We replaced several windows and fixed some rot in the exterior walls this last summer and found all kinds of things in the walls. Buttons, marbles, matchboxes, tons of paper, and a few pages of a Seattle newspaper from 1909. It made me want to tear all the walls apart and go on a treasure hunt, hehehe!

In some cases, just discovering an item can cease activity. I think sometimes the spirits just want to acknowledge or to have their sad or tragic story be known, or have their murder solved, but sometimes you may have to destroy the object by fire or other means...

I could be 100% wrong, but I think this thing has followed me from birth. Thankfully, it comes around very rarely -- this event was only the third I can remember in my adult life. I don't know what triggers it, I don't know what it wants, I don't know what it is, I only know that it has some problem with me for whatever reason.

It makes me think back about all the belongings I've ever owned... I've moved a lot and lost a lot of "stuff". What if, after I die,.my spirit is attached to some object I treasured when I was a kid... Like my first NES system, sitting in a dump somewhere, and my soul cannot move on until someone finds it... Who knows why this kind of thing happens? All I know is, it happens.

That's an interesting concept, but I hope you're wrong. I don't want my spirit to be attached to some piece of junk I discarded years ago.
edit on 14-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by SBMcG

I know for myself, I can always sense when someone is sincere and telling the truth. Your story fits into that category. I give you credit for staying put. I know for myself, I would have been outta there after hearing the cat noises.

I don't think I really knew what I was dealing with until the darkness incident. I try to think things through logically and I am a life-long skeptic. By the time I realized there was something way off the map here, it kind of just went away. The second the TV and the lamp went on, it's almost like whatever it was either lost interest, or had done what it came to do.

Of course, that's pure speculation, but whatever it was, it was something more than just me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Lulz and YES on the 'dead cat making noises'. Always up and down stairs, too.

No on any other animals making noise after they pass, but my experience with dogs is limited.

Yes, on the feeling of a chill up and down one's spine being a feeling that seems to come with psychic experiences; in the old days, they would say that this meant someone had stepped on your grave. Dunno about that.. I think it's when someone you knew is visiting, or perhaps it accompanies a thought that you ought to pay more than a passing interest to...

Slightly off topic, but I can recommend a fascinating book about night time visitations; I've read thousands of books and many on psychic-type topics and this is one of my all-time favorites:

The Search for Omm-Seti by Jonathan Cott

It's well worth getting at your local library or by special order if they don't have it locally. Or lol, a penny plus postage at Amazon: www.amazon.com...

Spell-binding doesn't begin to describe it.
edit on 14-2-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
best wishes to you and in my experiences i learned not to fear,tune in so you get the sence of what it is.in my actual home i every so often get the smell of a old man walking around and then it vanishes. a old man died here.sometimes i just talk to him,lol.and it lingers more. now! once i fell asleep,had a dream i was at a relatives house visiting,but she spooked out, in return i got spooked and went to leave but i hit a glass and it fell to the floor.next day,guess who was telling me and my family about her spook and the broken glass.lol,there is more to the flesh.but,be not scared,evil feeds on it. by the way ,she never knew it was me,she just felt the presence and her fear made her believe it was something else bad.i had no bad intentions but to visit.
edit on 14-2-2013 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This was a very good read, and I can relate to the feelings you had that night. I once had the most terrifying experience in a hotel room. It was very close to what you were feeling, with a few extra added effects that still haunt me to this day. I am fairly positive that it was a demon that was trying to feed off of my fear. Again, this was a very good read, nice story.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG

Originally posted by mandy1love
reply to post by SBMcG

Hey SBMcG,

-At what age did your paranormal experiences begin?
-Are you an empathetic person?
-Have all the experiences been negative?
-Have you ever gone out of your way to contact the other side?...

-Perhaps beyond my earliest memory, certainly when I was 10.
-I am empathetic by nature.
-Yes, very much so.
-No.

I am not religious, btw...

I think you may be experiencing symptoms of unknowingly being a sensitive. In fact, I believe a lot of people are going through this and have no idea. Everyone has the means to develop this ability, but a few are naturally more developed than others. I say this because I went through a lot of the same things. Paranormal experiences, feeling/reading others emotions (to the point of having panic attacks, especially in crowded areas), and causing others around me to witness paranormal events. I've posted some of my experiences here if you want too read about them. Anyways, it has been explained to me that these negative entities prey on unknowing sensitives. To put it simply, our light shines a little brighter and it is easy for them to find and terrorize us. Since you are not religious, my personal method of protection will not help you, but there are other ways. You can mentally, or verbally, strongly tell the entity that it is not welcome and you are not afraid. Another option that I have found useful is to imagine yourself surrounded by protective, white light. I know people say that all the time, but that is because it actually works. The trick to both of these methods is you have to be very focused, almost in a meditative state, and know that you are stronger than any of these beings.

I hope this helps & good luck to you on your journey!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join