It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing and Spooky Experience.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

Originally posted by timidgal

By the way, I too have had cats and have experienced the phenomena of "hearing" them after they had passed on. Others have stated the same - has anyone else ever experienced this with other domesticated animals?

Just cats for me also. Weird, huh? Maybe the Egyptians were right about cats.
2nd
edit on 14-2-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

That thought has also crossed my mind many times...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

A couple of months after the horse in my avatar passed, I was walking the dog just at dusk and we had gone into the pasture near the barn. As we neared the gate, I clearly heard hoof beats coming up behind me....It was so plain that I instinctively stepped to one side to not get trod on, and turned to face the oncoming animal. The dog even seemed to move to get out of the way....

There was no one there. The sound had been so clear that I walked around the barn to check for another horse, thinking that even tho my pasture was now empty, the neighbor's horse might have gotten in.....still nothing there.

I had fed him around dusk for 27 years, I guess some habits are hard to break.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your horse. I've been around horses for most of my life and they are just as loving, expressive and loyal as any domesticated "house" pet can be (perhaps even more so at times).

Interestingly enough, I recently attended a workshop for Empaths (I come from a long line of them, but didn't know this until I was in my 20's) and horses, in particular, were mentioned as being animals who linger in this realm because of their attachment to their human family. It's also interesting that your dog picked up on it (and I absolutely believe this) because whenever I'm home and feel that something "funky" might have entered my environment (energy always seems to find me whether I like it or not, lol), I always look at my cats to see if they're picking up on anything (I'd say that 8 out of 10 times, they're both staring at the same spot).

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thank you, it's been several years and I still miss him.

Sorry SBMcG , I got a bit side tracked there, but I'd like to respond to both of your 'tales', if I might.....

The one you've posted here, I thought I could somewhat relate to, and then I backed up to follow the link to your childhood experience....!!!

I have often had that feeling that 'something is wrong, but I can't put my finger on it'. The weight of some forgotton nightmare, or some danger lurking in the near future. Sometimes something comes of it, sometimes it simply goes away....I can't trust it, but I've found it's not always wise to ignore it.

I grew up in an old victorian style house, and spent many hours there alone when I was a child. Many times I had the feeling of not being complthetely alone, and having to swallow hard to overcome an almost state of panic.

I especially hated the front hall. Really hated it, avoided using the front door, had nightmares about it, would get goosebumps just looking toward the lace curtian that hung on the stained glass window. The walls were painted a dark and gloomy blue, there was only one light fixture that did not even illuminate the dark ceiling.

One night I dreamed that I had awakened and wandered out into the hallway, almost to the front door before I noticed there was a large mahagony coffin to one side. It was closed and sat on a stand like those used in funeral homes. There were no flowers or other details that one might expect. It was expensive looking, but unadorned. I reached out and laid my hand on the lid, sliding my fingers along it's cold polised, surface. It was not actually scary, but heavily sad and solemn. And so very real.

Many years later I did some family ancestry research, and thought it would be interesting to find out who had lived in my childhood home. Not too surprisingly I found that it had not always had a very happy past. The man who built it had died a violent death, killed in a railroad accident in 1924. His funeral would have likely taken place in that front hall. That might explain some of the 'bad vibes' I was getting.

As to that dark hooded figure from your childhood....
I saw one of those in broad daylight when I was about 7 years old. I and several other children were in the schoolyard, waiting for the bus. We all saw it and froze, in a breathless, motionless clutch we huddled in terror till it had passed. Thankfully, it never noticed us.
Strangely, we never mentioned it afterward, never discussed among ourselves nor asked any adult what it was. I had forgotten it until years later when I heard someone else mention a similar sighting near the same spot! I can still clearly recall the fear that took my breath as I watched it....It seemed to float along with no walking motion, no feet showing beneath the robe.
edit on 15-2-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bronynonymous
This was a very good read, and I can relate to the feelings you had that night. I once had the most terrifying experience in a hotel room. It was very close to what you were feeling, with a few extra added effects that still haunt me to this day. I am fairly positive that it was a demon that was trying to feed off of my fear. Again, this was a very good read, nice story.

Again, I do not know what this was. I'm hesitant to attach a label to it at this point, but whatever it is, it's the 4th time in my life I've felt it (that I remember). It's been fascinating reading the similar accounts like yours. There seem to be a lot of similarities between these events.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mandy1love

Thank you for the advice. I will seek out some of your posts -- I am interested in reading about your experiences.

As for developing any sensitivity to this phenomenon I might or might not have, mmm, I think I'll pass. This thing is evil and ugly and really doesn't like me very much. I'd just as soon never have to go through anything like my experience on the 12th again.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

As to that dark hooded figure from your childhood....
I saw one of those in broad daylight when I was about 7 years old. I and several other children were in the schoolyard, waiting for the bus. We all saw it and froze, in a breathless, motionless clutch we huddled in terror till it had passed. Thankfully, it never noticed us.
Strangely, we never mentioned it afterward, never discussed among ourselves nor asked any adult what it was. I had forgotten it until years later when I heard someone else mention a similar sighting near the same spot! I can still clearly recall the fear that took my breath as I watched it....It seemed to float along with no walking motion, no feet showing beneath the robe.
edit on 15-2-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

I am now of the firm belief that the experience on the 12th, the event I described when I was 10, and the 2 other paranormal experiences I haven't written about yet (one just a couple months before the experience in 1975 and one in 2010) are closely connected. Again, I am a skeptic and this is very hard for me to admit (especially to myself), but once one starts ruling out the logical explanations, one is left with, well, something outside the realm of logic.

Again, I've been rather amazed at how many of us have had these similar experiences. It's somewhat comforting in a way.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Im writing this reply with blurry eyes:-) I find your story uplifting and beautiful.Im a bit wary of horses,somehow i have this stupid,irrational fear of being bitten by a horse-but they are wonderful,wonderful and majestic animals,and i know they're capable of feeling great love for,and attachment to their human companions.Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

It does seem that 'the dark figure' keeps turning up, and is possibly able to exert other sorts of influence....not always appearing exactly the same. The other witness described a slightly different encounter, but matching a key part of my experience... enough to trigger my somewhat 'repressed' memory.

I suspect that I did have a second encounter with something connected to that same figure....I was a bit older, 13 or 14 when I rode my bike over to a friend's house. Her family had moved into the neighborhood next to the school, just down the street where the figure had been 'walking'. As I passed the spot where the figure had, a huge, solid black dog came charging out of a driveway, barking viciously......he came right at me, causing me enough concern that I stepped off my bike, keeping it between me and him.

Really, I felt more surprise than fear......mainly cause dogs just didn't react like that toward me. Through out my childhood, I'd often horrify adults by petting dogs known to be 'unfriendly' to everyone else......but this one seemed really different, so I took the precaution of not running, not making eye contact and keeping that bike between him and my bare legs! After just a moment, he turned and ran back around behind the house, as suddenly as he'd appeared.

He was one of the largest dogs I've ever seen....he looked like a German shepherd and was solidly coal black, not a speck of white, except for his teeth! After our encounter, I went on to the friend's house and made sure I warned her younger siblings about riding their bikes near the house with the big disagreeable dog.....But they had already been riding up and down the street with no problem, they had not seen any dogs at all.

I was sort of 'hurt' that he'd singled me out for such a show of aggression, a feeling of depression almost....since I thought of myself as something of an 'animal person'. That feeling persisted so much that even years later when I met the lady that owned the house, ( and had lived there all her life) I mentioned to her that I had a run-in with her big black dog......But she had NOT had such a dog, nor did her neighbors!!

I did not connect the dog with anything paranormal for years. Not until my memory of the black hooded figure was jogged by the story of the guy that had seen something in that area.....Then I began to wonder if they were variations of the same 'energy'. Not just because they were both so black that they seemed to 'suck in the light', but the drained, sad feeling I had after my encounter with the 'dog'. At the time, I attributed it to my hurt ego that he had not 'liked' me, even 'picked on me' while not bothering the other kids that were riding by his house...but it was just so odd.

I look forward to hearing about your other experiences!

edit on 18-2-2013 by frayed1 because: fergot sumpin

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join