It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing and Spooky Experience.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
[Part 1 of 3]

Well, as I have said from the beginning of my membership here at ATS, I joined originally to tell of the 3 distinct paranormal experiences I have had in my 49 years. I have told one so far, and have as of yet lacked the courage or motivation to do the same with others…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday and especially last night, I had another -- Number 4, and I wanted to write it down while it was still fresh in my mind.

This is not going to be a real flashy or sexy tale. Sorry about that. I’m going to stick as closely to the facts as possible.

I live in a big old farm house out in the middle of nowhere that’s over 120 years old. Basically, the entire upstairs of the house is my domain – 4 bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a long gallery over the stairs, probably a good 1,500 square feet of mostly unused space. The room I live in is dead-center in the middle of the house; it is a large room, big enough for me to have a desk, audio/video setup, a bed, and other bedroom furniture. There is a walk-in closet, and then another bedroom that can only be accessed through mine.

The house is old and creaky, but has been well-maintained and updated over the years. When one lives in an old house like this, one very quickly gets used to the squeaks and groans and other noises the structure makes. In a strong wind the house sways and shudders. I know the normal noises the house makes and under which conditions they occur.

Yesterday morning I woke up a little cranky. I did not sleep well. It was as if my sleep had continually been disturbed all night long. Still, I arose and went through my normal morning routine – coffee, newspaper, shower, etc. All along I felt out-of-sorts. Not quite right. Anxious. Out-of-place.

A few hundred feet up the road from the house is a large farm complex (long dormant) where I have a small office that I use on my days when I’m home. About mid-morning yesterday I got in my car and drove to the office. I settled in behind the computer, checked my email, did some banking, scanned the various news sites, but as the day went on, I felt an increasing sense of foreboding; almost like an impending sense of doom. By noon it was almost to the point where I felt it physically – as if there was too much gravity and I was being dragged downward.

I went out to lunch with a friend and I told her of my strange sensations. She knows me pretty well and knows I’m usually pretty stable emotionally and otherwise. She was concerned about me, but the subject passed and I made my way back from lunch to the farm.

By late afternoon it was borderline unbearable. I really thought something physical was wrong with me. I told a relative who shares the farm complex that I felt like a hand was held firmly against my forehead and I could barely make any forward progress.

I stayed at the office later than normal last night to watch the news events unfolding with the Christopher Dorner situation and then the State of the Union speech and “rebuttal”. While the feeling of heaviness didn't go away, it also didn’t get worse, or maybe I was just getting used to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
[Part 2 of 3]

It was dark when I turned out the lights in the office and barn and got in my car. I had this overwhelming feeling that I was being watched. My limbs felt heavy.

I took the 60 second trip back to the house, had a brief conversation with my housemate, and then got a phone call about 9 PM. I said “good night” and headed up to my room to take the call.

I got to the top of the stairs and felt that something was not right. Things were not how I left them, but only slightly so. I have a certain way I position the doors that lead to my room (there are 2) and both were slightly off from what they would normally be – one slightly more open, the other less so.

When I stepped into my room, the heaviness and pressure were almost unbearable. I’m a pretty big guy – 6’1”/210 lbs and in pretty good shape for my age with no health issues whatsoever (knock on wood!), but I felt like a rag doll. Again, I also had the distinct feeling I was being watched; stared at actually. I also, for the first time since I was a child, felt a real palpable sense of dread sweep through me.

I turned on the TV and settled in behind the computer for a little poker diversion. I made a quick call or two along the way. Doing better at poker than I had for a long time, I lost track of time and was shocked when I looked at the clock and it was 11:55 PM. I played a couple more hands, finished watching the show that was on TV, and then headed for bed about 12:15 AM.

But from the moment I turned off my bed lamp, things began to deteriorate…

The first thing I heard was my cats running up and down the stairs like they do at night. Up and down, claws on carpet, scramble scramble -- just cats being cats…

Except for my cats are gone.

Last month I lost a cat that had been with me for many years. He got sick and passed on very quickly about 3 weeks ago. I had another younger cat that I took over to the farm later that week so she wasn’t alone in the house all day with nothing to do.

This “activity” was clear and unmistakable. It was the sound of my cats running up and down the stairs. There is nothing else it could have been. It was not a dream.

I am not ashamed to admit that I rather reluctantly got out of bed, threw on my robe, and yes, grabbed a gun to go check things out. The sense of foreboding at this point was beyond description. I felt like I was being followed as I left my room, passing through the small vestibule that leads to the landing of the stairs, and turning on the lights.

No cats. No nothing. I caught a glimpse of myself in the bureau mirror on my right as I headed back to my room and I looked like a corpse. It actually startled me and I again wondered if I was having some medical issue.

When I walked back into my room, again, things were just a little different than I’d left them. Most noticeable was a large pillow on a chair that had fallen forwards which would have been physically impossible for it to do on its own via gravity and which I would have noticed when I walked by the chair two minutes earlier.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
[Part 3 of 3]

I went back to bed and dozed for a bit I think. There continued to be bumps, and thuds, and other sounds (including “cats”), but for whatever reason, I was able to shut off my brain for awhile.

At about 3 AM I awakened again to a sound coming from the small bedroom that can only be accessed through me room. It was not a loud sound, but it was enough to wake me from a very fitful sleep and get my attention. The sense of malevolence in the room was greater than any I have ever felt. It’s actually harder than I thought it would be to write about to be honest.

Again, I got up to go take a look at what had made the noise. I opened the door to the small bedroom and flipped on the light in almost one motion. There in the middle of the floor beside the bed lay the answer: a soft-sided cat carrier that had been securely on a shelf 4’ away earlier that evening.

I’m pretty rattled at this point. I’m also a life-long skeptic and believe many of these things can be explained as coincidence. But in this case, there was the added element of the physical manifestations to my person coming from whatever this thing was. I had never felt that way before. I have been scared a time or two, but never like this. As I turned off the lights in the small room and firmly closed the door, I had this almost paralytic feeling that something was standing right next to me. I took several quick steps and hopped back into bed.

The bumps in the night continued. I felt like someone was standing over me staring into my face. Non-existent cats would occasionally run up and down the stairs. I felt it, whatever “it” was.

Then the darkness…

There are 2 large tall windows beside my bed that face south toward a grouping of businesses some distance away. At night, there is a constant glow from the various signs and street lights that comes from that location. Additionally, the distant cars that pass produce a never ending pattern of moving light inside the room. There is always a light source of some kind at night that shows through the blinds.

I lay awake staring at the ceiling wondering what the hell was going on and why. There seemed to be a lull in the phenomenon, and I felt myself beginning to drift off again. Then the lights went out. It wasn’t so much that the lights went out, it’s that something blocked them; something came between the lights about ½ mile off and my windows. For how long? Less than 2 seconds.

That was it for me. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. I also turned on the lamp beside the bed. At that point I felt the source of my physical discomfort move to the far corner of the room.

And that’s where it ended. At some point, I fell asleep with the TV on, had fitful disturbing dreams (something I never do), and woke up about 7:30 felling like I’d been run over by a dump truck. I also felt whatever it was that was causing the problems yesterday was gone. POOF! Today, I feel normal again: a little freaked-out perhaps, and in need of a good night’s sleep no doubt, but the heaviness and sense of foreboding is not there anymore.

I am fairly sure that there was something messing with me for whatever reason yesterday. Ghost, spirit, demon – who knows. I don’t know if any of those things even exist. I only know what I experienced yesterday and last night and I will never forget it.

Thank you for your patience. I know this was a little long-winded by ATS standards…

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Great post and I for one have no doubts about what you posted, I did a thread some time ago on how a certain person spooked me so bad it stays with me to this day.

You are going to get responses of this kind...."you are correct listen to your inner self" and believe me you those posts are correct as well.

You felt/sensed something off and by golly it was off in my opinion.

Thanks for being brave and posting this knowing full well you have opened yourself up to some serious ridicule for sure..

That is telling in itself that you risked the above to post what you did.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
that's really creepy....i've had similar things happen to me at my home recently...few slight differences my fiance's late husband passed away in this apartment a year before we got together....the kids always say they see things...as does my fiance..i'm starting to catch things..movement really out of the corner of my eye every now and then...she claims this place is haunted by multiple ghosts...sometimes..the feelings i get around here i'm inclined to believe her..stay strong and keep your head up..all things pass eventually

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Great post and I for one have no doubts about what you posted, I did a thread some time ago on how a certain person spooked me so bad it stays with me to this day.

You are going to get responses of this kind...."you are correct listen to your inner self" and believe me you those posts are correct as well.

You felt/sensed something off and by golly it was off in my opinion.

Thanks for being brave and posting this knowing full well you have opened yourself up to some serious ridicule for sure..

That is telling in itself that you risked the above to post what you did.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

Thanks, my friend. I'm really looking forward to hearing what others think this could have been about.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
that's really creepy....i've had similar things happen to me at my home recently...few slight differences my fiance's late husband passed away in this apartment a year before we got together....the kids always say they see things...as does my fiance..i'm starting to catch things..movement really out of the corner of my eye every now and then...she claims this place is haunted by multiple ghosts...sometimes..the feelings i get around here i'm inclined to believe her..stay strong and keep your head up..all things pass eventually

Interesting. I've never had anything like this happen to me before. I don't know what it was, but it was something!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i've had a few...strange occurrences..mostly revolving around family members.....but since moving in with my fiance and the kids...well..things seem to have picked up...there have been a few nights that i've been in the kitchen and gotten creeped out for no reason...kids were in bed asleep...fiance at work..but i kept catching something peeking at me around the counter out of the corner of my eye..it kinda freaked me out and i know this is stupid...but putting my knife into the cutting board at my side made me feel a lot better...stupid i know but it helps me

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

I certainly had the sensation on several occasions last night that I was being stared at, watched, even stalked.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by johnnygamble

I certainly had the sensation on several occasions last night that I was being stared at, watched, even stalked.

Who here cannot say that they had the feeling someone or something was watching them?, only to look around and sure as heck there is the someone looking right at them.

A very odd feeling when you check and your fears are justified by your eyes and hairs standing up.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Thanks for sharing OP - I appreciate the creepiness of the situation. Like Iwinder's experience outlined in his thread, it sounds like you came across pure evil. Or I guess more precisely pure evil came across you.

So many questions come to mind about your farmhouse and its history. What do you know about it and how long have you lived there?

BTW: I live in Gig Harbor - what part of the Seattle area are you in?
edit on 2/13/2013 by JimmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron
reply to post by SBMcG

Thanks for sharing OP - I appreciate the creepiness of the situation. Like Iwinder's experience outlined in his thread, it sounds like you came across pure evil. Or I guess more precisely pure evil came across you.

So many questions come to mind about your farmhouse and its history. What do you know about it and how long have you lived there?

"Pure evil" is certainly the vibe I got from this experience. I have no idea why it chose me for this "display".

The house has a history, but to my knowledge, not a particularly interesting one from a paranormal standpoint. It has been owned by the same party since the late 1940's (as has the farm I'm at now). There have been 2 deaths in the house that I know of (I was there for both of them), one in 1975, the second in 2010. They were both from natural causes (old age).
edit on 13-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Spelling Error

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron
reply to post by SBMcG

BTW: I live in Gig Harbor - what part of the Seattle area are you in?
edit on 2/13/2013 by JimmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

I'm actually in the 98223 zip code in north Snohomish County.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Since Iwinder is going to be modest - here is a link to his very creepy experience. Many, many people contributed their own experiences - and let me tell you, it was eye opening.

ATS: Iwinder's Creepy Tale

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyNeutron

Thanks. I'll go throw on a pair of Depends and give it a look :-)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by JimmyNeutron

Thanks. I'll go throw on a pair of Depends and give it a look :-)

It's not that bad -

There's just a lot of strange stuff out there we can't see, but boy can we sense it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well written, great description. You sound like a rational, strong, sane person--who has experienced something unseen. You know what you know, what you felt, saw, heard.

I have experienced similar things--unfortunately often. It's not fun, it's not even interesting. It's unnerving. I'd much rather never have had any such encounters.

Ghosts of humans? Other non-physical entities of some sort? Inter-dimensional beings/creatures? Misfired neurons? Don't know.

I too hear noises that you know are NOT your normal house noises (normal = settling, furnance ducts, refrigerator clunking, drips, etc.), and not from outside. I've seen shadowy things out of the corner of my eye countless times -- sometimes large like a person, sometimes small and low to the ground, almost as if it were an animal's shadow or ghost. The feeling of being watched, so much so that you just HAVE to turn around and look, but of course, you don't see anyone. Odd smells that waft over you, just for a couple moments -- like cigarettes or cologne or garbage or sulpher -- and you are alone in the house (and yes, you took the trash out already!

Things have fallen that really couldn't have unless there was an earthquake or someone there to knock them. Items moved from where they were left. Horrible feeling once in a while of pure evil nearby, or someone, something inches from your face for a split second.

The heaviness, fatigue, strange physical sensations -- I've experienced that as well when there is high activity in the house.

Not always an after the sunset thing. There is creepiness in my home sometimes during the day. I've not felt it follow me out of the house as it did you.

My cats have died...and yet sometimes it sounds like they are there in the house. But I don't believe what I hear really is my cats. My son and I both "heard" physical meows in the house at night in the first few days after each cat passed. Again, I don't know that I believe those sounds were my cats. Not sure what, who made them. The meows sounded muffled, like a cat was in a closet at the far end of the house.

I don't know what you are looking for -- I don't think anyone can tell you for certain what happened to you. But, know that many have experienced similar, so regardless of posters who may criticize, it just hasn't happened to them yet. Lucky for them.

Isn't it funny how a lamp and a TV -- and a blanket -- can make it a little better

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel

Isn't it funny how a lamp and a TV -- and a blanket -- can make it a little better

Thank you for your kind words. Someone just told me that the TV and the lamp are distractions; they take the attention off whatever physical energy is causing the phenomenon and once that attention is withdrawn the "entity" is starved of that energy.

Interesting.

Still, I'm like you -- I don't know what it was. I am quite sure, however, that it was.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The lamp and tv are not distractions, they're electromagnetic disruptions of whatever is causing the effect. ALL psychic events are electromagnetic. Change the frequency and you either avoid them, block them or tune them in.

Might have been your deceased cat visiting you; might be something that's been there all along and it used to be attached to the cat but that's no longer there and it's looking for a new 'home'.

You might try a little ceremony and burn sage smudge sticks in every room of the home; odd sounding but it re-sets things. Tell whatever it is to go away now, thank you very much. An old house like that has lots of history. Anything could have happened there and most likely, at least one person has died there, hospitals and hospices being a new thing.

As to the heavy feeling physically, often people having a silent heart attack report a feeling of doom as the only symptom. You might want to get a checkup to be certain.

Thank you for writing this; I always enjoy hearing other people's experiences.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm thoroughly spooked now.

Think I'll be sleeping with my Winnie The Pooh nightlight on tonight.

Hubby should get a good laugh at that... He'll probably ask me if I've been reading Stephen King again.

Never underestimate the precision of your gut instincts, OP. They exist in all of us for a reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join