It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing and Spooky Experience.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
The lamp and tv are not distractions, they're electromagnetic disruptions of whatever is causing the effect. ALL psychic events are electromagnetic. Change the frequency and you either avoid them, block them or tune them in.

Might have been your deceased cat visiting you; might be something that's been there all along and it used to be attached to the cat but that's no longer there and it's looking for a new 'home'.

You might try a little ceremony and burn sage smudge sticks in every room of the home; odd sounding but it re-sets things. Tell whatever it is to go away now, thank you very much. An old house like that has lots of history. Anything could have happened there and most likely, at least one person has died there, hospitals and hospices being a new thing.

As to the heavy feeling physically, often people having a silent heart attack report a feeling of doom as the only symptom. You might want to get a checkup to be certain.

Thank you for writing this; I always enjoy hearing other people's experiences.

Thank you for you interesting comments.

The feeling I had yesterday was more psychological I think, but powerfully enough so to cause some physical manifestations.

Just had a check-up and I'm physically tip-top.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Well, I'm thoroughly spooked now.

Think I'll be sleeping with my Winnie The Pooh nightlight on tonight.

Hubby should get a good laugh at that... He'll probably ask me if I've been reading Stephen King again.

Never underestimate the precision of your gut instincts, OP. They exist in all of us for a reason.

Every time I've ignored my gut in my life I've paid a price.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What you described sounds like stories of how people feel when they are exposed to energy vortexes. The heaviness, oppressiveness, creepy feelings of being spied on, and the general off-kilterness of the entire incident.

If you are open to such things, you may want to sage your home and surround. It with a line of salt. A medium or downer may be helpful in clearing the space too.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Thank you. Using certain "protections" seems to be common sense at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Might have been your deceased cat visiting you; might be something that's been there all along and it used to be attached to the cat but that's no longer there and it's looking for a new 'home'.

This was also my first thought but at that time, I was leaning toward something that was attached to the cat. With that said, the fact that you found things "a little off" leads me to believe that perhaps it was the residual energy of one or both of your cats (cats are stealth-like and will disturb things just a little while staring intently at the object of their focus).

Either way, I've had many experience that, literally, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, so I can definitely relate to that horrible feeling. The clarity with which you describe the experience can not be faked. I've also found that the more I've focused on the energy, the stronger it's become. I believe that when you were either immersed in work or focusing on the computer or TV, it took some of the energy away from whatever was with you.

By the way, I too have had cats and have experienced the phenomena of "hearing" them after they had passed on. Others have stated the same - has anyone else ever experienced this with other domesticated animals?

Last thought - you might want to perform a protection ritual the next time you feel the presence (or you can do it daily to ward off the possibility). I've been instinctually doing this my entire life but a friend recently showed me a great way of teaching it. Imagine a shower head in the air about two feet above your head and out of the shower head come beams of white light. Imagine the light comes out of the shower head and first puts up a "light wall" along your front, then your right side, your left side and lastly, your back. Then imagine roots coming out of your feet and going down through the earth. They continue growing downward, attaching and achoring themselves to stones and other heavy objects they encounter as they make their way down to a huge pool of light. Then imagine some of the white light from the pool traveling up through the roots, into your feet and legs and joining the white light from above right at your solar plexus. Don't this visualization technique always makes me feel protected and grounded.

Sorry that I don't have an answer for what type of energy you might have been picking up on, but even if you don't believe in protecting and grounding yourself, what do you have to lose by trying it? It's helped me cope with MANY uncomfortable and scary experiences that had no logical explanation.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry you had to go through such a disturbing experience...

Timidgal

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Thanks so much. I was very apprehensive about putting this out there so soon after it happened, but it truly was disturbing and I wanted to get an immediate reaction from my fellow ATS'ers, most of whom are far more knowledgeable than I am.

I'm glad I did.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
one night i was laying in bed with the lamp on when suddenly the room turned pitch black and a shadow on my wall lit up by the moon light. the shadow was a sillohuette of a classic witch face and it began laughing hysterically.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by timidgal

Thanks so much. I was very apprehensive about putting this out there so soon after it happened, but it truly was disturbing and I wanted to get an immediate reaction from my fellow ATS'ers, most of whom are far more knowledgeable than I am.

I'm glad I did.

It's nice when there are caring, intelligent people who respond in a mature and supportive way. I can empathize with the feeling because it's hard to put yourself out there like that feeling open to ridicule.

Best of luck to you and I hope that whatever it was has moved on to another place.

TG

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Hey SBMcG,

I am currently developing, what some may call, my "sensitive" abilities. If you don't mind, I would like to ask you some questions because your story has hints of a negative entity, among other things:

-At what age did your paranormal experiences begin?
-Are you an empathetic person?
-Have all the experiences been negative?
-Have you ever gone out of your way to contact the other side?

If you are dealing with a demonic or negative entity, I believe that the apparitions of your deceased cats could have been a tool of deception to lure you out. Not trying to scare you, because these things have no power over you once you find the tools to rid yourselves of them.

Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your experiences here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Hey there.Well i certainly know what you mean-for my entire childhood,i sensed a malevolent presence(s) in our house-it was that palpable sensation of something hostile,with evil intent,looming over me.Close enough to touch,daytime too.I was especially terrified of our hallway and the front part of our house.This house was built on an old graveyard,right next to(maybe 8meters) an old deconsecrated church.My adoptive father dug up a human skull in our veggie garden once.There was a lot of scary stuff going on.This was in an industrial area,we lived on the property of my dad's employer,an agent for John Deere+distributor of irrigation pipes+equipment to the agricultural sector.They used the old church for storage,but it later fell into disuse-My dad said quite a few of the workers refused to go inside.They claimed they saw "faces high up on the inner walls" that terrified them,and they affirmed each others stories.My dad said they were so scared,he got the impression they would rather be fired,than to spend time working inside the churchbuilding.It was only when i was a teenager,that i eventually really got used to it,as a small child it was just terrifying,but i guess one gets used to Anything,given enough time.I'll reply more later when im by my pc,i have some cat-stuff and other things to add,bt i can't paragraph on my cell.S+f for you,and i will link to your other thread then+look at that too.Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

By the way, I too have had cats and have experienced the phenomena of "hearing" them after they had passed on. Others have stated the same - has anyone else ever experienced this with other domesticated animals?

Just cats for me also. Weird, huh? Maybe the Egyptians were right about cats.
2nd
edit on 14-2-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

First off...lose the fear. When you feel this around you project love and light. Envision a big fat red heart and think of God the creator and literally envision a glowing bubble of light surrounding you. Invoke your OWN protection and tell your higher self (literally and out loud) to cleanse your space and remove any unwanted presense from your space. LITERALLY say out loud that nobody and no THING has permission to be in your presence or energy field and MEAN it. Ask your higher self for help in clearing your space.

Lose the fear. Entities feed on it and are attracted to it. Own your area and your self and consider yourself empowered. You can and will get past this. Paranormal experiences are not really paranormal, they are normal for some folks. You may have to face the fact that they may be normal for you. Never be afraid of a spirit and call up your higher self for help in these matters, as it can and will help if you ask it to.

If you are a christian invoke the power of Jesus Christ, but I personally believe we are invoking our OWN power when we do this by our very intent and creative talent that we are all born with.

Peace...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

In the creepy house i grew up in,my mother was once scared because she felt an invisible cat walking on her! Another experience we had,this is decades later,in another house and city,btw:I felt sick,so i went to bed before the hubby and kids.My youngest daughter wanted to come kiss me goodnight,but she was stopped by what she swears to this day,she saw on my bed.
She swears that my cat who dissappeared a while before,never to come home again,was on my bed,sitting next to me with red glowing eyes.
In that house,i had the most terrifying things happen to me,and i'll wager it was'nt just paranormal in the "spooky" sense,more towards other metaphysical phenomena.But she was so shocked,she can see that red-eyed cat in her mind,to this day.
The cat in question loved me extremely much.One day when he was still alive,i had a mystery ailment that kept me in bed just for that one day,too weak to even get out of bed,and sleeping much of the time.There was a friend +her kids staying with us at the time,and she told me the next day:"That cat was on your bed with you ALL day long,he kept walking around and over you,like he was worried and checking up,it was the darndest thing to see"

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Very weird indeed.I seem to had a very similar experience over the last couple of nights.I did not sleep all the other night and yesterday I had a very strange day indeed.I could not and my brother told me he couldn't sleep either.By the early afternoon I decided to walk to the bar and have a few drinks.After talking to a few people it seemed that others had not slept well(or at all either). The whole day I had the strangest feeling like something had changed or was out of alignment/had happened or would happen. As I walked home I happen across some random person I did not know(he was kind of looking up at the sky). I said hello and he simply muttered "strange,something weird is happening". Did anyone else have a similar experience over the last couple of days?I live on Vancouver Island(just in case location is relevant).

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story, it was a great read. I am not sure how I feel about the subject. Actually, while I have never seen anything to convince me one way or another aside from a small glowing ball that circled me and flew away while thinking of a friend who had died. I have never experienced anything that was frightening. I would like to discuss the hairs standing up on your neck feeling. Most people say this happens when something scary is about to happen or they feel a presence around them.

It's something that happens to me whenever I stop and take a moment to consider that there might be some "thing" out there. Whenever I start to give serious thought about a god or a higher being or ghost or any of that the hairs on my neck and arms stand up. I can almost do it on command, its quite bizarre. While I feel no fear, the feeling travels through my entire body like a cold chill. Just wondering if that happens to anyone else when they just think about the supernatural? And if anyone can link to some information about that? Or perhaps myths and legends about why this happens or has happened to people?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Spooky encounters, they occur every now and then.

Reminds me of the time, I had awaken to a shadow figure kneeling beside my bedside. I could only make out the outline of the human body at quite a close distance. Nothing else was visible but just looked like a 3D human shadow.

The funny thing, was I never was spooked by it, but in awe at witnessing such an entity kneeling there beside me.

This was later confirmed by two other family members, who actually saw this entity in the same bedroom.

At that time after the encounter, I can assure you, my experience with this entity, gave me a glimpse of the paranormal world.

And this is how I ended up here on ATS, seeking some explanation...
. Never actually thought of writing a thread about it, because it was really something out of the ordinary.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

good read, man,,
sounds exactly like my first really bad panic attack,, when i went to sleep that night, i was sure that i wasn`t going to wake up the next morning,,
my advice to lower any possible stress levels,
see you later alligator, dude...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Someone is trying to tell you something.I can't tell you what "it" is exactly...I have encountered something very much along the same description.I have heard many names...shadow people/demons/wraiths...as to it/or their true nature or agenda we are sufficed to say we are unsure.My encounter/'s usually end up with one of these things trying to drain my energy even at times feel as though something was trying to suck my soul out of my mouth while i slept... all this taking place while being trapped in between the dream world and the physical one.These events plagued me from the age of 8 all the way to 25..then somewhere between my late 20's/ 27 until now i have not encountered these thing's/or thing since.(cover your heart while you sleep)..yes like a vampire...sounds silly but if the thing that is/or still is plaguing you, that tactic will help prevent it from direct entry.Also prayer doesn't hurt either,and it helps calm you..if you believe in Jesus Christ that is....lastly show it no fear...or try your best..because what ever "it" is fear only seemed to make it more powerful.It is in fact my belief a demon and they only come after the souls who are standing the best chance to be saved......my personal opinion on that...may sound a bit fruit cake'ish but thats all i got...hope this may have helped you in some way...peace bro...grab a bible an get right with the lord...peace out

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

This guy said it better than i could

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well there you have it...i knew I wasn't stupid.....Same here...We have a dead cat running around our house...i swear that thing is always making noise and making things fall over....I've posted on this forum about it a while back but most rediculed me....Well...Now I know I'm not the only one this happens too.

Thanks for posting !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join