It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope's resignation, the Asteroid, and the 3rd secret of Fatima

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Pope's resignation, the Asteroid, and the 3rd secret of Fatima

Ok everyone, take a look at this.

February 11 the Pope suddenly announces his resignation.
February 15, Asteroid 2012 DA14 is set to enter earth's atmosphere (satellite area)
The third secret of fatima

If you are unfamiliar with the secrets of Fatima, please see here..
Three Secrets of Fatima

Officially, the third secret of fatima was revealed in 2000, Without any great revelation about mankind.

But was it the real secret? Or was the secret too shocking to reveal?

In 1980, Pope John Paul II said when questioned in an interview,
"Because of the seriousness of its contents...if there is a message in which it is said that the oceans will flood entire sections of the earth; that, from one moment to the other, millions of people will perish... there is no longer any point in really wanting to publish this secret message. Many want to know merely out of curiosity, or because of their taste for sensationalism, but they forget that 'to know' implies for them a responsibility. It is dangerous to want to satisfy one's curiosity only, if one is convinced that we can do nothing against a catastrophe that has been predicted." He held up his rosary and stated "Here is the remedy against this evil. Pray, pray and ask for nothing else. Put everything in the hands of the Mother of God."

This appears to say that the real secret was never revealed, and it has mentions of earth devastating events. Lúcia herself is reported to have explicitly stated that the Third Secret contains Apocalyptic content. According to one source, when Lúcia was asked about the Third Secret, she said it was "in the Gospels and in the Apocalypse", and at one point she had even specified Apocalypse chapters 8 to 13, a range that includes Apocalypse 12:4.

So whats in these chapters of Revelations?

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
Revelations 8

I won't quote the rest of the chapters mentioned here, you can view them online.
The verses continue on like this one, possibly mentioning what sounds like a Asteroid devastating the earth.

So what has this got to do with the Pope's resignation?

In 1988, On a syndicated radio broadcast, Father Malachi Martin was asked the following question by a caller: "I had a Jesuit priest tell me more of the Third Secret of Fatima years ago, in Perth. He said, among other things, the last pope would be under control of Satan"
He was then asked...
"Who are the people who are working so hard to suppress Fatima?" Fr. Martin responded, "A bunch, a whole bunch, of Catholic prelates in Rome, who belong to Satan. They're servants of Satan. And the servants of Satan outside the Church, in various organizations; they want to destroy the Catholicism of the Church, and keep it as a stabilizing factor in human affairs."

Could the Pope's sudden resignation, just a few days before the February 15th Asteroid is expected to near-miss earth, be a last minute attempt to not be "the last Pope" spoken of in the secret?

edit on 12-2-2013 by super70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What was the third secret that they released to the public about?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

There is much controversy over the third secret, many claiming there were vital portions left out.
The third secret officially revealed says....

The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fátima, on 13 May 1917.

I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

i think that the Pope is sensitive to the collective conscious of humanity as the darker powers and sinister human agents ramp up the fear & hysteria of the coming, troubling & Tribulation times that is being forged with the hammer of self-fufilling prophecy

all effort is being used, perhaps subconscously by some leaders.. to create the impression tht the world is currently in the midst of End-Time predictions unfolding before our eyes.

maybe Benedict 16 just really wants to step aside...because i do not think his convictions would allow him to turn over he leadership of the Church to Dark & Satanic oriented clergy at the Vatican... but perhaps the Pope is being swayed by a great-delusion wrought by Lucifer/Satan, the Powers and Principalities of the Air-/-World

as it was prophecied before the 3rd secret...
which was said to state that the Church would be in dire conditions & attacked and persecuted... the Pope will be hunted and killed, i think with both arrows and bullets

note: i did not know the last Pope said that the rosary & Hail Mary's were the salvation from the events of the final Popes & church
~ sounds like a segway for a Amazonia Female Alien woman to save-the-Church/Pontificate/World from revelations destructions by Bowls/Trumpets/Vials/Scrolls/Thunders etc etc ~

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow.I didn't hear any prior resignation talk prior to the announcement.As to regards to the lightning strike...There are NO coincedences anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

The pope is just old (85) and probably sick.
You said yourself that the Asteroid will miss, so what's the problem ??
And even if it would hit, DA14 ist just 50m across, far too small to cause a global catastrophe of the scale you mentioned in your so-called 'prophecy*.
As for 'Fatimas' secret, I don't believe a word of it, but then I am atheist. But I think even many christians don't buy it.That's not to say that earth won't be hit catastrophically in the future, but if this will happen in 3, 300 or 300.000 yars, nobody knows.
And i am pretty certain they will have a new pope by april before easter who will tell the same crap as the last one.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZEV93

A 50 metre asteroid would create enough force to equal Tunguska, which if it happened over a populated area would be utterly devastating. I agree, though, that this is hardly a "mountain" being hurled into the sea and wiping out a 3rd of all life....

I am agnostic myself, not religious but open to the idea of there being some sort of divine, even if he isn't a bearded guy in the sky, but I did raise my eyebrows when I heard about the Popes resignation as I recall when he came to power in 2005, many around ATS were proclaiming that he was the last pope before the Anti-Christ and that he wouldn't reign for long....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

February 15, Asteroid 2012 DA14 is set to enter earth's atmosphere (satellite area)

The Earth's atmosphere does not extend to 17,000 miles from the surface (not so you'd notice) and the asteroid will not hit Earth.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lets say for arguments sake that the 50m asteroid hits the ocean, which would be the most likely scenario considering the earth is covered mostly with water. But what if it were to hit a nuclear site such as Fukashima, atomizing and blasting radioactive material into the atmosphere to be spread throughout an entire hemisphere.

The asteroid is to travel below the height of even the google earth satellite. Thats pretty close.
If it were to break up in the upper atmosphere it could wreak havoc over thousands of miles, each piece having the destructive power of megatons of tnt.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Lets say for arguments sake that the 50m asteroid hits the ocean, which would be the most likely scenario considering the earth is covered mostly with water.

But it won't. It won't hit anything on Earth.

The asteroid is to travel below the height of even the google earth satellite.
Google Earth doesn't have a satellite.

If it were to break up in the upper atmosphere it could wreak havoc over thousands of miles, each piece having the destructive power of megatons of tnt.
Really? How many pieces? How many megatons of tnt all totalled?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If it impacted Earth — which it won't, scientists were quick to add Thursday — it would release the energy equivalent of 2.4 million tons of TNT and wipe out 750 square miles. That's what happened in Siberia in 1908, when forest land around the Tunguska River was flattened by a slightly smaller asteroid that exploded about five miles above ground.

The 2012 DA 14, discovered by chance by astronomers after passing nearby last February, will be just around 17,200 miles (27,700 kilometers) above Earth's surface when it speeds by, the US Space Agency said.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Right. The entire asteroid, if it entered the atmosphere, would disintegrate into small pieces and release the equivalent of 2.4 megatons of TNT when it did so high in the atmosphere.

Where do you get "havoc over thousands of miles?"
Where do you get "each piece having the destructive power of megatons of TNT?"
Where do you get "below the height of even the google earth satellite?"

Oh, BTW, the Tunguska blast was significantly greater than 2.4 megatons.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I were to speculate, 2.4 megatons (million) asteroid were to break up, then the question would be into how many pieces. Lets say for arguments sake it broke into 25 equal pieces, then each would carry 96,000 pounds of tnt destruction. Depending on the angle of approach, the 25 asteroids would scatter as they skipped through the earths atmosphere, thus spreading destruction, much like the effect of a shotgun blast over a pond, over thousands of miles (each asteroid hitting specific spots over a wide area)

Ps. Im not a scientist so give me a break. Pure armchair speculation with basic understanding of mathematics and space.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Im not a scientist so give me a break. Pure armchair speculation with basic understanding of mathematics and space.

Not a very strong understanding of space judging by your claims about "the google earth satellite". Since you aren't a scientist, why not actually listen to what they say? The asteroid will not hit Earth.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

If I were to speculate, 2.4 megatons (million) asteroid were to break up

Id be more worried about the fleet of alien spacecraft that are trailing behind that thing! Armada armageddon!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

just playing devils advocate,
is there even the slightest possibility of it hitting 1 of many orbiting satelites or space junk which may alter trajectory or break peices off?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yes, news releases have said its a remote possibility of s satellite being hit.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

FYI: this thread is more based on the third secret of Fatima, and the possible connections with current events.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Yes, news releases have said its a remote possibility of s satellite being hit.
A satellite in a high orbit. Not only does Google not have a satellite, the satellite images they use come from satellites in low orbits. The asteroid will not pass beneath them.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

The asteroid, while current, is not really much of an event.
The Pope has actually hinted about retiring for a while.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join