It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people please answer this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since I am heterosexual, I don't know the answer to this question.
Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way?
It's the nature vs. nurture question.

Secondly, why do people who claim to worship a loving God think that this same loving God would't love everyone? Just the straight ones.
(that one is for the opposition to answer)

And lastly, How would the God that doesn't allow Gays into heaven deal with women or men who might go both ways? ( I admit to bias on that, as I see women who go both ways sexy, but men who do that are just gay) If that's politically incorrect, sorry, but why be anything other than honest.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I've met people who say they believe in bisexual women, but not bisexual men. I think there's more bias there than anything else, as you have admitted, but that's beside the point.

I think gay people have bigger and better things to worry about than a fairytale. Just sayin'. I tried discussing it with my mother once, but she refused to have a civil conversation with me on the subject. She demanded that I explain miracles, and I told her that I wasn't a scientist. The conversation digressed from there.

edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am not gay. My brother is gay.. When he was about 10 or 11 we all knew from then on he was gay.. He finally told us about 15 that he was gay and he said he always knew he was gay but was scared to tell us...

Its sad that the ignorant people of this world make it such an unhappy place for certain people that are different then them.

He was always picked on and made fun of, I was always there to smack some sense into anyone who thought it was their place to lay hands on my brother.. Not every gay person has someone to stand up for them and allot of them can't stand up for themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My question was more than just religious based. Being spiritual, but not religious, I cannot see how sexual orientation would affect a persons ability to be a good person, or obtain the all powerful "ticket to heaven". Bible quotes aside.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

What made you think he was gay? The way he acted, how he spoke?

And Kudos for you for sticking up for him. That's a big brothers job, but not all are up to the challenge.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I've met people who say they believe in bisexual women, but not bisexual men.

By the way, unlike bigfoot, you don't have a choice to believe in bisexual men. There are pictures of them that cannot be disputed.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Since I am heterosexual, I don't know the answer to this question.
Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way?
It's the nature vs. nurture question.

Secondly, why do people who claim to worship a loving God think that this same loving God would't love everyone? Just the straight ones.
(that one is for the opposition to answer)

And lastly, How would the God that doesn't allow Gays into heaven deal with women or men who might go both ways? ( I admit to bias on that, as I see women who go both ways sexy, but men who do that are just gay) If that's politically incorrect, sorry, but why be anything other than honest.

My sexual stance is honestly no one's business but my own's, so I am leaving that part out of it. However, I do have my own opinions to your questions.

Question 1: I believe there is more than one cause, which is unique to the individual. For some, it may be genetic, possibly caused for a recessive trait or outright mutation, for others it is environmental, and for some, it is unintentionally taught through abuse or just strange family dynamics.

Question 2: Because they are hypocrits. I thought that one was obvious. If you believe in a loving God, than he is all loving. If you don't, well, I guess it depends on what you believe. However,stating one thing and contradicting it in the other is just hypocrism.

Question 3: I don't think this is an issue. LGBTs will be judged by the merits of their life, the lessons they learned, etc. just like everyone else.

I have a hard time accepting a person who raped over 30 children went to heaven just because he asked God for forgiveness on his death bed over a LGBT person that led a charitble life. If that is the type of God you want to worship, go right ahead. However, I refuse to accept that, despite what I was taught growing up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

People usually know. My mother knew by the time she was 15. They just can't admit it to themselves. That's the problem with a black and white society. My grandparents went ballistic on her, but they've accepted her and her partner. I myself have never had a problem with that aspect of the relationship. People might care about how it affects family dynamics, but those people have never faced the possibility of never having parents at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

IDK it was kind of the way he acted and talked and he was pretty feminine acting so i mean its not like we knew like 100% or anything because some straight people act that way but we had a pretty decent idea towards him being gay.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

excellent point. A loving family no matter what dynamic is a true gift.

link   
I sort of always knew. At school when kids had crushes on teachers, I always had crushes on male teachers. I remember my mum trying to stop me from walking on my tippytoes (like a right ol' mincer) and she had to teach me how to walk normally. (aged 6 or so)

Can't answer your other questions, as I'm not religous.

link   
doublepost...
edit on 11/2/2013 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That's one aspect I was always curious about, but afraid to ask.

Why do some gay men find it necessary to ACT so feminine? Is that something natural, or just an effect of coming out and being an over-achiever? Some gay men do, and some act completely normal.

(and please don't be offended, these questions are legit and not hate based at all)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I am not gay, but your question is simply answered. Do you love your children when they are bad? Obviously you would. Would you love your children if they murdered your neighbor, most likely. I have children and I love them unconditionally. However, if my children refused to obey my rules,stole form me, disrespected me, I wouldn't allow them in my home. It is normal to love someone but not to accept their behavior, love doesn't equate to acceptance.

The bible is quite clear, the rules are the rules. The law is the law it is not that you only do what you feel or what you think is correct, you follow the rules. Before all the anti religous folks jump on the band wagon, Jesus in the new testment calls for all beings to love and respect each other, have tolerance of others but the rules must be obeyed.

Sin is a personal thing, I love beautiful women, I would love to be intimate with them all. Well I am married, I can choose to honor the laws and honor my wife or be disobediant and give way to my carnal desires. The world might say it's ok to play around, however the Bible is quite clear, If I believe in what the Bible says and what my reward will be for obeying the rules it is simple, if I truly do not believe then what would my behavior matter.

Gay and God is not complicated, I am sure he loves all gay humans, however his rules are quite clear. This behavior per HIS law is not acceptable.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks for your answer. Would you consider your speech to sound masculine, or feminine?

I realize that answer has a context to it. I sound like a hick when speaking to damn Yankees (my family) but to folks in NC, they say I sound like I am "not from around here", so I understand that might not be a good question.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I appreciate your response. I guess I have more of a "the Bible is a guide not a blueprint" kind of faith. I think since man had a hand in what went in that book, it's chances of having flaws are better than not.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

So then you dont eat shellfish and you also dont wear clothes made of more than one type of fiber?

You cant ignore some laws and obey others. Well you can if your a deluded idiot, i should say.

REGARDLESS this thread is specificly for homosexuals to answer these questions should they choose... not for heteros to come preach.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Its also not cool with god to murder poeple.. So why do we allow the Gov to do it allt he time? For most people who claim to be real christians they only use god to prop themselves up when it works in their favor.

"in god we trust" Really? because it doesn't seem like it to me.

Oh and that is funny and weird about the tip toes thing above my brother always and still does like walk on his tip toes... Maybe that is a way to know poeple are gay? weird.
edit on 11-2-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

More than one cause. That kind of screws up the whole answer!
I suppose you have a much better chance of being right since the question of nature vs. nurture is still debated.

My daughter is Gay and we love her no differently than if she was not. (it made the dad's worst fear of raising a teenage daughter not such a big deal) She is kind of the same way in thinking that you are. Except she said "I am not sure".

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

The bible is quite clear, the rules are the rules. The law is the law it is not that you only do what you feel or what you think is correct, you follow the rules. Before all the anti religous folks jump on the band wagon, Jesus in the new testment calls for all beings to love and respect each other, have tolerance of others but the rules must be obeyed.

Now, I am confused, because you said in another thread:

I believe in the essence of the Bible, however I do not trust how it has been manipulated by those good catholics to spread their version of Jesus's message.

So, which is it? You believe the Bible has been tampered with, but now you are saying we need to follow it verbatim? Except, only on things that it serves your purpose on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join