It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people please answer this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Im not a gay basher, Im a male who is married to a woman, Ive invited "gays" to my house for dinner and have attended small privet dinner partys where half the member were gay couples.

Why do gay people in general need to flaunt there sexuality after coming out? Or "push" there sexuality onto others.
yes im speaking in general here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think God will absolutely not accept that behavior into heaven. As those in heaven are governed by strict rules. I have made mistakes before and try to forget them. But there is freewill, which is the testing ground for our spiritual willpower.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I have a hard time with that. God's greatest gift to us was the ability to love. This whole question is dealing with what makes a man love another man as opposed to a woman. But love is still the binding factor. Who are we as simple humans to discredit God's gift?

But thanks just the same for your post.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think they were born that way,because how can a child choose their sexuality when they don`t even know what sex is yet.

If who you are attracted to is really a choice then straight men could wake up one morning and decide to choose to be attracted to very old fat women instead of being attracted to hot young women.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thanks for your answer. Would you consider your speech to sound masculine, or feminine?

I realize that answer has a context to it. I sound like a hick when speaking to damn Yankees (my family) but to folks in NC, they say I sound like I am "not from around here", so I understand that might not be a good question.
Masculine. As one guy said to me at a festival many moons ago "you're the straightest poofter I've ever met". I'm not camp at all, if you met me and you didn't know, you wouldn't guess. I like blokey things, football, darts, fishing, fast cars and spend too much time in the pub getting wasted. (on whiskey, no poncey drinks)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am neither gay or bi and I have no religion or believd in god so am probably not the ideal person to answer this question

I know that I knew very early on that I was attracted to women so I'd assume that for many gay men and women they just know themselves at earlyish age although because of the way society makes such an issue of sexuality they may repress or deny it to themselves for a long while.

Now as to religions assertion that it is a sin,that it is wrong and against god's law where do you start ??

If you follow the bible which parts do you consider no longer relevant in our modern 'christian' age and which do you hold fast to ??

I think though if I was gay and I was told that god loves the sinner but deplores the sin it would seem a rather condescending attitude to me.

Does god sent gays to hell yet allow bisexuals through his pearly gates ??

Why not a bishop can spend his career buggering choirboys then ask forgiveness and secure a ticket to paradise so with that kind of glaring hypocrisy on display it seems god isn't that fussy !!!!

Personally,if he does exsist I don't want anything to do with him or his law

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

A lot of people claim gays are cursed by god for the wrong reason, ''because they're gay,'' but truly because most gay men have uncontrollable sexual deviance, and endless pursuit of lust. With that being said, heterosexual men are also cursed, in fact, everyone and anyone with these characteristics is cursed, not by god, but by there own uncontrollable desires, bound to be unsatisfied with themselves.

Spiritual, and emotionally, a woman is no more comforting than a man unless you are entertaining self deceit, which is what most couples do, and the reason why we're all alive.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Kapablanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I like your sense of humor. I did snort out loud with the poofter comment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

A lot of people claim gays are cursed by god for the wrong reason, ''because they're gay,'' but truly because most gay men have uncontrollable sexual deviance, and endless pursuit of lust. With that being said, heterosexual men are also cursed, in fact, everyone and anyone with these characteristics is cursed, not by god, but by there own uncontrollable desires.

What make a gay man more sexually deviant than a straight man?
I know many who are in a monogamous relationship. I don't ask details as I learned long ago, never ask the question unless you are ready to hear the answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Gay people live in a culture of unrestricted sexual freedom, they're socially accepted, and hooking up with another man does not involve the same seduction as is required with a woman.

Woman will sleep with you because they've decided that they've found a reason to, ''he's rich, he's tall, he's cute, he's whatever.'' Women actually think like this, whereas when gay men sleep with each other with sex as the motivation, intent and goal, free from social construance holding them back.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Nice, I have be warned for far less of a comment but I respect your opinion, if you had a half a brain you would understand the shellfish and clothes remarks are OLD testament laws, yes those very laws that Jesus told his disciples man did not need to follow anymore because his obedience to laws and the church was not how he got to heaven.

Secondly I wasn't preaching just stating a fact, the Bible is clear. My point was quite simple, religion, traffic laws, tax laws or rules at your place of emplyment are just that rules. How can you claim to believe in anything if you won't obey the rules because they do not fit what your particular mood or desire is at the time. If you don't believe in anything strong enough to obey the guiding principles or laws or rules then you really do not believe at all.

I find it hilarious on a site that devotes so much of it's time to Aliens, Lizaed people, Blues,Greys, another man killing disater a week finds the concept of a GOD and of rules of conduct that civilizations should aspire to live under is such a far fetched idea.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

while I don't know for sure, I suspect that is the exception and not the rule. But what you describe sounds much like the 60's. And straight folks were doing that then. (quite possibly some ATS'ers or their parents)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
I find it hilarious on a site that devotes so much of it's time to Aliens, Lizaed people, Blues,Greys, another man killing disater a week finds the concept of a GOD and of rules of conduct that civilizations should aspire to live under is such a far fetched idea.

I would have to agree with that statement.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I think they were born that way,because how can a child choose their sexuality when they don`t even know what sex is yet.

If who you are attracted to is really a choice then straight men could wake up one morning and decide to choose to be attracted to very old fat women instead of being attracted to hot young women.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

you paint a very terrible mental picture. I may have nightmares now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

REGARDLESS this thread is specificly for homosexuals to answer these questions should they choose... not for heteros to come preach.

ATS staff has made it clear that anyone can post on any thread. It's not up to you to make that decision.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Since I am heterosexual, I don't know the answer to this question.
Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way?
It's the nature vs. nurture question.

Secondly, why do people who claim to worship a loving God think that this same loving God would't love everyone? Just the straight ones.
(that one is for the opposition to answer)

And lastly, How would the God that doesn't allow Gays into heaven deal with women or men who might go both ways? ( I admit to bias on that, as I see women who go both ways sexy, but men who do that are just gay) If that's politically incorrect, sorry, but why be anything other than honest.

I would say just do an ATS search for once and you'll find your answer instead of trying to get easy flags and stars for something that has been discussed many many times.
edit on 11-2-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

When that god is personally responsible for 20 million unnecessary deaths, as well as allowing an additional 6 million during WW2, I find it hard to believe that such a god knows anything about morals or what's right.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Sorry, I was looking for conversation about a topic, I am not concerned with flags and stars. If you can convince a mod to give mine to you, you are welcome to them. They don't affect my ability to communicate. But thanks for stopping by.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

so my advice is the same..do some research here instead of asking the same questions that have been asked many many times, but of course that is too much to ask.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by DOLCOTT

When that god is personally responsible for 20 million unnecessary deaths, as well as allowing an additional 6 million during WW2, I find it hard to believe that such a god knows anything about morals or what's right.

I think you are mistaking men with religion and God. To my knowledge, God has not pulled the trigger yet. Man acting the way he wants to think God directed him to (which usually gains the man much power and wealth) is what killed all those people. That and a lot of stupidity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join