learn more

Gay people please answer this.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Just on the off chance that anyone might be interested, I notice that there's a lot more threads expressing disgust and morbid curiosity (morbid from their point of view) concerning homosexuality than there are threads posted by homosexuals questioning heterosexuals on the finer points of their sexuality.

Why is it that gays never post threads requesting a Q&A with the straight population? Because they don't care. SO why is it that the straights are so damned curious as to what makes homosexuality tick? You know, if it hadn't been condemned from the start, we'd probably see it the same way we do tattoos. But people can't seem to mind their own business...

It was just an interesting thought. The curiosity is awfully one sided here. I wonder if that means anything?

I believe that there's much more to it than that. There's a roughly 20 to 1 ratio of straight people to gay people, so that will skew the numbers. Additionally, there is still (sadly) a shaming affect that gay people deal with that might make them hesitate to discuss their sexuality in a public forum. Lastly, gay people often spend a lot more time examining sexuality (theirs in particular) than straight people.

Eric

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wow, there has been some fantastic posts here. Thank you for all the candid responses. I don't know if I am any closer to answering the nature vs. nurture question, but I have a better understanding of a subject that is somewhat taboo to discuss.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think someone is born gay, its just the way heterosexual people are.

Did you CHOOSE to like girls? or did you just like girls?

I know when i was 12, girls weren't disgusting anymore, there were curious, and i wanted to "explore" them.

I'm sure the same thing for gay teens, they probably started liking people that are the same sex.... in fact it would probably be harder for them, because their mind will say the person with the same sex as you is attractive but looking at society will tell you that is not normal.

Its probably the same category as having a fetish or liking something, its already there.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
After my engagement ended in my ex fiance cheating on me I started spending more time with my Lesbian friend Wendy who took me out with her and her friends.. so I was this straight male hanging with a group of 7 or 8 lesbians every weekend.. it was that I didn't want to worry about getting stung, or hanging with someone who might develop an attraction at the time.. "Safe" .. Nevertheless, this topic would come up in conversation almost every weekend and while most of them did say they felt they were born that way.. as we'd get into deep conversations there always seemed to be a trigger event.

Most of them were at one time deeply in love with a man, a few of them even had kids of their own.. something bad happened where they got hurt emotionally and developed a "men are scum" mentality.. all of them admitted that if they found a guy they really truly felt safe with that they would probably try dating them....

Of all the lesbians I've met, and there have been a TON in the last several years.. only one of them truly seemed to be a woman who was born that way and she's undergoing a sex change, she feels she is a man trapped in a woman's body.

Ultimately I don't think there will be a definitive answer unless science finds a "gay gene" which I don't think we ever will .. I think as humanity presses forward we will get over the gender barrier and people will generally just fall in love based on attraction and personality.. it sure seems that's the direction we're headed.. it would be interesting to see a hundred years into the future.. presuming we're not extinct =)

I for one have just always been attracted to women and can't personally fathom being with a guy.. I think men are generally just gross.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by DOLCOTT

So you mean like the ten commandments too then right.... thats old testament doctrine too.

Oh... but wait youll just make up some other brainless standard by which you pick and choose these unchanging laws.

Since you did not get an answer to this, please allow me to chime in. It is not a matter of old testament doctrine vs. new testament. The Levitical laws that you referred to in your earlier post (shellfish, linens, etc.) are not God's laws. They are rules and regulations instituted by the Hebrew hierarchy to complement God's law. Their mindset was if God says do this, I will do this +++ so I will be that much better than the next guy.

Jesus made it clear in the NT that these were man's imperfect laws but Jesus represented God's perfect law which is to love God with all that is within you and to love your neighbor as yourself.

The argument that you presented is a very popular one amongst non-believers and quite honestly it holds plenty of weight when presented to a holier-than-thou poor representative of Jesus Christ. But I think an accord can be reached when a response only shows the heart of Jesus instead of a skewed opinion.

God loves everyone, regardless of their sin. The bible is equally clear in presenting God's love as it is in presenting His righteousness.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

God loves everyone, regardless of their sin. The bible is equally clear in presenting God's love as it is in presenting His righteousness.

Then why would Jesus threaten us with hell? Homosexuals are among the condemned. Don't get me wrong, I don't support that - anyone who has read my posts knows this very well. But your statement is wholly inaccurate. Love and condemnation are just one of the many contradictions the Bible boasts.
edit on 12-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Do you follow the cleanliness rules and the rules regarding what you should and should not eat? Or the rules of the types of clothing to wear and not wear?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I admit to not being that well read with the Bible, but I don't recall Jesus ever bringing up Hell. I thought all that was OT. (But I was wrong once, so it could happen again.)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Sorry to hear about your engagement. But, better to find out before. (if that's any consultation)
A single guy hanging out with 7 or 8 lesbians. I saw a few "flicks" that started out that way.........

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Jesus never threatened us with hell. I challenge you to provide a quote where Jesus did that. Jesus said that He is the way to the Father. The contradictions are only in the interpretations and twisting of what Jesus said. Jesus was clear when he said that the law condemns but He gives life.

Jesus loves us all- plain and simple. There are plenty of modern day Pharisees that claim otherwise but we all see Jesus' view of Pharisees.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Gay and God is not complicated, I am sure he loves all gay humans, however his rules are quite clear. This behavior per HIS law is not acceptable.

That's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that it actually isn't a choice. People are born that way. Do you remember waking up one day when you were young and choosing to be straight? No, of course you don't. It just simply happened. Same thing for homosexuals. So "god" knowingly made people that were going to be born gay, but decided to punish them for acting out their desires? Seems legit.

This is the kind of ignorance the world has to deal with when people get their 'education' from a 2,000 year old book instead of modern peer-reviewed textbooks

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just to add to the conversation, what about heterosexual homoerotic tendencies? You know those repressed feelings that a majority of people have but vehemently deny (at least in this culture for the most part).

I mean, are we distinguishing between the idea that there are those who live a homosexual lifestyle (that's not a technical term/phrase, but I think you know what I mean) and there are those who simply understand that sexuality is a bit grey (bell curve).

Ask yourself this: what is a man's sexual orientation if he only has sex with women and men who look/act like women (obviously I'm not trying to be sexist or stereotype the behavior of women--just generalizing for the sake of clarity and discussion).

edit on 2/12/2013 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

One main reason I am confused about this subject is a good friend of mine, he has a son who is gay. He has always been somewhat of an anti gay. He also constantly talks about sex with his wife. Either describing things or whining about not getting enough. He is so adamant about discussing his sexuality that it's suspect. I wonder if he doesn't secretly have gay thoughts and since his father was such an oppressive ass, he won't openly discuss that, or actively represses it. I have nothing but a thought in the back of my head about his preference, but the fact that his son is openly gay, and it's possible that he is, would that make it a genetic trait? Obviously there is far from an understanding of that scientific subject, but it's interesting enough to ask the question. I just won't ask it with him. If every he feels the need to discuss that with me, I'll listen, but I sure won't provoke a response.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am not gay. Honestly? I think a loving God judges each heart for what it is. Loving, hateful, goodness, evil. Orientation, color or creed doesnt matter to God/He/She/They or It.

Its the heart...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

great answer. I feel the same way. Otherwise, what would be the point?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hello Net Dude-Thanks for the response. Im convinced Its all in the heart of the believer. Took me many years to get there. I love everyone none the less. Why? Because Im supposed to and not judge. So, I dont.

I also believe God must have a sense of humor. Ever seen a picture of a platypus?

Peace ND.....MS

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can't stand the word homophobia. They aren't afraid of homosexuals, they are just afraid of themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join