Gay people please answer this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Since you keep posting here, how about giving me some flags and stars? After all, that's what I really want. That, and to have world peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

So you mean like the ten commandments too then right.... thats old testament doctrine too.

Oh... but wait youll just make up some other brainless standard by which you pick and choose these unchanging laws.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The first 20 million I mentioned are an approximation of his Biblical atrocities. The men in those cases were just following orders from above, but most of it was angels and "God" himself. The other 6 million could have been easily prevented with one simple miscarriage. One simple aneurysm. One simple defector who decided to get some payback. But apparently, that was too much for "God" and his omnipotence. So much for being omnipotent and omniscient, eh?

I'm not mistaking anything. If you have the power, you have the moral obligation. For having all the power in the universe, "God" is absolutely useless. Give that power to someone who is willing to use it appropriately, who is willing to fulfill their promises. To someone who won't condemn thousands of people for showing love in a different way. My parents don't deserve the kind of hatred the Bible preaches. And neither do my friends. But that doesn't matter, does it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way?

You don't have to be gay to answer to that question. You're heterosexual. Were YOU born knowing you "felt that way" or did your surroundings push you to be straight? It's the same for gay people or bisexual people.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Why do gay people in general need to flaunt there sexuality after coming out?

Can you give me an example of what you mean? How do they "flaunt" their sexuality?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

A lot of people claim gays are cursed by god for the wrong reason, ''because they're gay,'' but truly because most gay men have uncontrollable sexual deviance.

ALL men have uncontrollable sexual desires. Gay sex is not deviant, unless you want to see it that way, it's completely normal for a gay person. Now if you are straight, and have gay sex, then that would be deviant sexual behaviour.

Straight men have to deal with women, gay men don't, that is why it only seems gays are more sexually active.
If women were like men when it came to sex, straight men would be no different than gay men when it comes to sexual desire, and the flaunting of it.

edit on 2/11/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just on the off chance that anyone might be interested, I notice that there's a lot more threads expressing disgust and morbid curiosity (morbid from their point of view) concerning homosexuality than there are threads posted by homosexuals questioning heterosexuals on the finer points of their sexuality.

Why is it that gays never post threads requesting a Q&A with the straight population? Because they don't care. SO why is it that the straights are so damned curious as to what makes homosexuality tick? You know, if it hadn't been condemned from the start, we'd probably see it the same way we do tattoos. But people can't seem to mind their own business...

It was just an interesting thought. The curiosity is awfully one sided here. I wonder if that means anything?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I myself am exactly bisexual (and male), no preference one way or the other. I think everyone is born that way, and then social pressures (parents, clergy, peers, etc) make most people reject their homo side completely, so they can fit in and not be despised. Isn't that what they say about gay bashers, that they hate that part of themselves so much that they do everything they can to make others believe they don't have any such yearnings? And how about all the "conservatives" (politicians and televangelists) who get caught doing gay stuff? Think about how many don't get caught, either because they're very careful or they're not famous. These aren't merely "closeted gays," they're frequently married with kids; they're "closeted bisexuals."

People who become completely homosexual are rebels, they reject their hetero side completely because they hate having everyone tell them how "wrong" that part of them is; a lot of them are heterophobic.

Bisexuals don't care what anyone thinks about them; they just want to remain who they are, to live and let live. Hate isn't involved in their lifestyle choice at all.

Yes, being gay is a choice. But so are all orientations. You either choose to reject your gay side, or to reject your straight side, or to not reject either side. But always, way deep down inside, whatever gays and straights rejected is still there, dormant but not deceased. In bisexuals, none of it is dormant. To me, it's the most-natural way to be.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

People who become completely homosexual are rebels, they reject their hetero side completely because they hate having everyone tell them how "wrong" that part of them is; a lot of them are heterophobic.

My parents and friends are not homosexual to be rebels. It's just their preference. Like ice cream. Some prefer Neapolitan, others prefer moose tracks. It doesn't make anyone better, it just means sometimes they have to try a little harder (or spend a little more).
edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It happens early in childhood, long before puberty, this choice. By the time someone's an adult, they could have that other part of themselves so suppressed and forgotten-about that it seems to them like it's not there at all anymore. But of course, there's no explaining what kind of ice cream one prefers either. I'm only certain that this is the progression:

1) Everyone is born without any sexual or frozen dairy treat preferences.
2) Something happens to make people reject (or not) some set of those preferences (some people love all ice cream, after all).
3) The accepted preferences dominate the personality from then on.
4) The rejected (or ignored) preferences spiral away down into the person's personality until it seems like they don't exist any more.
5) But sometimes, the buried preferences resurface, creating... curiosity. "I know I never liked Rocky Road, but... maybe it's because I never tried it... I wonder......"

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised reading this thread. When I first saw the topic I though "ooh boy..here we go" but most of the posts seem truly genuine. Thanks for that.

As a gay man I can tell you I knew early on, I didn't have a word for it then but I knew I was happier around boys than I was around girls. As I grew older, it became more apparent to me that I was attracted to men and that I was "gay". Many friends and family tell me they knew early on but its difficult for them to say how they knew exactly. I was pretty typical I think. I liked boy stuff, trucks, cars, playing outside getting dirty etc and was never effeminate so who knows what tipped them off. (My Shaun Cassidy posters maybe?? LOL )

Anyway, to the poster who wanted to know why some gay men ACT so effeminate, I think there are lots of reasons. Some just tend to naturally have a more feminine personally. Nothing wrong with that, its just who they are. For others, especially those from small towns, I think being effeminate was the only way for them to express that they were gay, its not like of lot of gay men grew up with positive male role models. For them, I think it becomes ingrained and then just part of their personality. Which is fine too.

Also, these are the gay people that most "straight" people see, they are easy to spot. The vast majority of gay men are not effeminate and don't look or act much different than anyone else. Therefore, if you don't "see" them, you don't spot them.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Since I am heterosexual, I don't know the answer to this question. Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way? It's the nature vs. nurture question.

I will say. People who turn homosexual were born this way. It takes some time for them to 'grow' into what they are and eventually they will show their true colors. Scripture speaks of this.

Isaiah 48:8 “No, you have not heard; no, you have not known; no, from of old your ear has not been open. Because I knew that you are indeed treacherous, and are called ‘a transgressor from the womb.’

Secondly, why do people who claim to worship a loving God think that this same loving God would't love everyone? Just the straight ones.

Well I well try to explain to the best of my ability. Lets look into the definition of love. The Greeks break it up into 4 categories, (Eros, Philia, Storge, Agape). Now for those who want a breakdown of this meaning go watch

Our Creator Yahuwah, loves(Agape) everyone. He makes the rain fall on the good and the wicked. We all get a share, good and bad. His desire is for everyone to repent from their sins. But, that doesn't mean He loves one more cause their straight, and less the other cause they are gay. Its not our judgment call to say whats a better or worse sin. It really doesn't matter at this point. But what matters is that sin causes death, no matter how small, and we 'should' stop sinning. Thats the goal. But remember if we do not repent, we lose that blessing on our lives and be judged for our works and then be cast away. That's what you do not want ever to lose your life in eternal punishment.

en.wikipedia.org...

And lastly, How would the God that doesn't allow Gays into heaven deal with women or men who might go both ways? ( I admit to bias on that, as I see women who go both ways sexy, but men who do that are just gay) If that's politically incorrect, sorry, but why be anything other than honest.

First the meaning of the Scriptures that speak of wicked works and those who practice will never enter into eternal life has a meaning that isn't explained well by men. But that doesn't mean homosexual, bisexual will never be saved. Have to use wisdom. Remember, sins are forgiven, and if that person has honestly in their heart been trying to stop their homosexuality/bisexual nature, they may have compassion from Yahuwah, and have their sins forgiven to enter into His reign. Which also means those who commit whoring, fornication, or adultery and do not try to stop, those are the ones that will never be saved. That's what this verse speaks of.

1Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the reign of Alahym? Do not be deceived. Neither those who whore, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
6:10 nor thieves, nor greedy of gain, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers shall inherit the reign of Alahym
6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were set apart, but you were declared right in the Name of the Master יהושוע(Yahuwshuwa) and by the Spirit of our Alahym.

Now I am not saying, homosexual/bisexual people go to heaven into eternal life. Use wisdom here, that those in their sins at the time may be gay, but when they are saved, filled with the set apart spirit, that life of sin of the flesh must leave cause they are cleansed. Once they know in their heart know its wrong, and are repenting to the best of their ability to stop, they can be saved. We all may not be perfect yet, that is the goal, and reaching for that you will be rewarded.

Hope this helps.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The sexual orientation angst of this society is really getting annoying. The ancient Greeks didn't have to put up with this #.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My question was more than just religious based. Being spiritual, but not religious, I cannot see how sexual orientation would affect a persons ability to be a good person, or obtain the all powerful "ticket to heaven". Bible quotes aside.

I know people who claim to be religious look down on people because the Bible says this and it says that, but the bottom line is that they do not have authority to judge, only God does. So whatever anyone wants to do is between them and God, and none of my business. I'm not going to judge them.

And I think that people are born gay, not a product of some deviant environment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1

Since I am heterosexual, I don't know the answer to this question. Were you born knowing that you felt that way, or do you think your surroundings pushed you towards that way? It's the nature vs. nurture question.

I will say. People who turn homosexual were born this way. It takes some time for them to 'grow' into what they are and eventually they will show their true colors. Scripture speaks of this.

Isaiah 48:8 “No, you have not heard; no, you have not known; no, from of old your ear has not been open. Because I knew that you are indeed treacherous, and are called ‘a transgressor from the womb.’

Secondly, why do people who claim to worship a loving God think that this same loving God would't love everyone? Just the straight ones.

Well I well try to explain to the best of my ability. Lets look into the definition of love. The Greeks break it up into 4 categories, (Eros, Philia, Storge, Agape). Now for those who want a breakdown of this meaning go watch

Our Creator Yahuwah, loves(Agape) everyone. He makes the rain fall on the good and the wicked. We all get a share, good and bad. His desire is for everyone to repent from their sins. But, that doesn't mean He loves one more cause their straight, and less the other cause they are gay. Its not our judgment call to say whats a better or worse sin. It really doesn't matter at this point. But what matters is that sin causes death, no matter how small, and we 'should' stop sinning. Thats the goal. But remember if we do not repent, we lose that blessing on our lives and be judged for our works and then be cast away. That's what you do not want ever to lose your life in eternal punishment.

en.wikipedia.org...

And lastly, How would the God that doesn't allow Gays into heaven deal with women or men who might go both ways? ( I admit to bias on that, as I see women who go both ways sexy, but men who do that are just gay) If that's politically incorrect, sorry, but why be anything other than honest.

First the meaning of the Scriptures that speak of wicked works and those who practice will never enter into eternal life has a meaning that isn't explained well by men. But that doesn't mean homosexual, bisexual will never be saved. Have to use wisdom. Remember, sins are forgiven, and if that person has honestly in their heart been trying to stop their homosexuality/bisexual nature, they may have compassion from Yahuwah, and have their sins forgiven to enter into His reign. Which also means those who commit whoring, fornication, or adultery and do not try to stop, those are the ones that will never be saved. That's what this verse speaks of.

1Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the reign of Alahym? Do not be deceived. Neither those who whore, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
6:10 nor thieves, nor greedy of gain, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers shall inherit the reign of Alahym
6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were set apart, but you were declared right in the Name of the Master יהושוע(Yahuwshuwa) and by the Spirit of our Alahym.

Now I am not saying, homosexual/bisexual people go to heaven into eternal life. Use wisdom here, that those in their sins at the time may be gay, but when they are saved, filled with the set apart spirit, that life of sin of the flesh must leave cause they are cleansed. Once they know in their heart know its wrong, and are repenting to the best of their ability to stop, they can be saved. We all may not be perfect yet, that is the goal, and reaching for that you will be rewarded.

Hope this helps.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

Yet another person who tries to use these old texts to explain everything. It would be hilarious to start a thread where things can only be explained using quotes from the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy or 'War and Peace' or.........no, better still, let's use "Monty Python's Brand New Bok" (and, yes, it was 'bok' in the title)..............

Q.When do people first realise they are gay?
A.My hovercraft is full of eels

Makes the same sort of sense to me as all these scripture quotes that are thrown around!

I've read these texts (old and new) and did a thread on them (old) so I'm not just mocking through ignorance. I just cannot see why people keep quoting them as if they are relevant to anything................if you like them cool - read them and enjoy them but stop throwing around the meaningless quotes (or rather quotes that can be made to mean anything) as answers to everything..........

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I'm scared to come out too

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am heterosexual, I think, (lol) and I have always loved the female species. But whilst growing up I do remember times when my male friends and I did play around and wonder why this felt good or that felt good etc. Hey, we were just kids and we had no worries in the world and it was fun.

As far as God is concerned there is no place in the bible that anyone can point to that says that "thou shalt not be homosexual or lesbian". I do believe, though, that it does mention that bestiality is wrong.

Deviant sexuality is only deviant based on the moral standards of the times you live in. The Romans and Greeks had no problems going both ways and it was not frowned upon by their society. Many older societies even thought that marrying within the family unit was a good thing. We frown on that today because we know that scientifically it is not a sound judgment call genetically, although someone should inform some of those folks that live out in Provo, UT about that, I've been there and there are some ugly folks there.

If you just get rid of religion, society would be so much better off. We have finally grown up and no longer need to hold on to our fear-based beliefs of God or gods that cause the sun to shine or the rain to fall or the earth to quake. It is well past time to put away our childish things as the "good" book states.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm gay. What I mean by that is the real definition. I'm happy often. Like the Flintstones I have a gay old time.

What you really mean is "Homosexual people answer this".

Just pointing out they 'want' you to use the term they selected because homosexual emphasis the one and only thing that is different to two male friends who might choose to live together .... anal sex.

Now I'll get back to reading the post.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Second and third questions.

God does love homosexuals. He loves murderers, those who cheat, liars, even people who don't believe in him, even lawyers !!! Well maybe not lawyers... nah just kidding. He loves the people but hates the sin. If you die without accepting what he put in place, you lose. Whether you believe it or not, is irrelevant. Once your dead, your one and only opportunity is gone. Is it fair? It's not my problem to answer.

If I said do 1,2,3 and 4 will happen, and you chose not to believe me and did not do 1,2,3 and then at the end of a time frame 4 did not occur and things went bad for you, do you have the right to complain to me you didn't get to 4?

Homosexuals might get to heaven, just as people that lied on the day they died might go to heaven. The issue isn't the sin, as we all struggle with it, the issue is relationship. You can't have a relationship with God and keep blatantly sinning if he says he won't accept that at a specific point. That point is your death. Your heart attitude toward dealing with sin is the most important thing. God is only interested in your heart.Their are two types of homosexual. One seeks God, knows he's sinning and is trying to change but might fall occasionaly. The other says he doesn';t care what God says. Hey, it's his choice.

No Christian has the right to hate a homosexual. He can disagree with the lifestyle, argue what he believes etc but he cannot hate the person or he is worse than that person in Gods eyes.

That's what the Bible says. If you don't like it that's not my problem. If you don't believe it, that's not my problem, nor is it Gods problem, it's your problem. If you don't think he exists and you die and he doesn't exist, nothing happens. If you die and he does exist and you haven't done what he asked of you, you're up a brown creek without a paddle and absolutely no excuse... (see 123...4 above)

That's the story. It's not my issue if you believe it or not. I don';t even care. I you reject it I lose no sleep over it. My job is to state it. Your here to decide whether to accept it and not everyone can, or will, or is destined to. But it is still your choice.
edit on 12-2-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Just pointing out they 'want' you to use the term they selected because homosexual emphasis the one and only thing that is different to two male friends who might choose to live together .... anal sex.

Now I'll get back to reading the post.

Orly?

What about lesbians?

Why are supposedly straight homophobes always going on about anal sex when they talk about gay people? You'd figure your mind would be on the women's sexual activities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join