It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That is fine I don’t need to trust them but please don’t say things on my behalf I will make statements for myself just fine I don’t need you to make them for me.

I simply asked you if you had any proof that they were being armed by police or DHS. I asked you 2 or 3 times but you never answered. I guess that means you do not have proof or you are keeping it to yourself.

It is no big deal but you may get a reputation as a fear monger if you misrepresent the facts. That is just FYI.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Grimpachi

Are you trying to scare people because that how it seems to me?

That is exactly what a few people here are trying to do.

Fear of the word "drone"...helicopters have had thermal cameras on them for decades...but somehow when they are on remote controlled craft they are all of a sudden scary.

It's threads like these that makes ATS look really bad.

Why have you been allowed by the mods to pollute this whole god damn thread with your insulting useless nonsense?

Every damn post you insult someone and every single one you claim how "ATS sucks" because it isn't exactly the way you want it. Narcissistic personality disorder much?

Maybe find a cozy little place more in line with your way of thinking. FOX news comment section perhaps.
edit on 11-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Grimpachi

I know what the drones are the name does not scare me I probably know their capability’s better than you. Are you trying to scare people because that how it seems to me?

If you read my last post, it said that I do not trust the federal government.

If you want to trust them, feel free... no skin off my butt.

ETA: I mean you would trust them to balance your checkbook, right?

edit on 11-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Why do you keep talking about the federal government in a thread about police departments using their own camera drones???

ATS mis-information is making you look very ignorant.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

oh, a mistake you say ??
couldn't possibly be that she was targeted for one reason or another ????
disgruntled co-worker, maybe ??

That's a lot of paranoia.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So Drones over the skys of the US are a good thing?? No matter your cause??

Wow!!!

Defending whatever you want, fine. Defending mindless drones over our skies?? Cant defend that..EVER!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

Why have you been allowed by the mods to pollute this whole god damn thread with your insulting useless nonsense?

Every damn post you insult someone and every single one you claim how "ATS sucks" because it isn't exactly the way you want it. Narcissistic personality disorder much?

Maybe find a cozy little place more in line with your way of thinking. FOX news comment section perhaps.

Calling out fear mongers is not an insult when it is true.

And I never claimed ATS sucks, ATS is great...that is why I dis-like threads like this because it makes ATS look like trash.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
So Drones over the skys of the US are a good thing?? No matter your cause??

Wow!!!

Defending whatever you want, fine. Defending mindless drones over our skies?? Cant defend that..EVER!!

What exactly do you think "Drones" are?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

And I never claimed ATS sucks, ATS is great...that is why I dis-like threads like this because it makes ATS look like trash.

So you admit to deliberately trashing threads because you don't like them.

You make a long string of incendiary short posts in the hope you disrupt the discussion, is that it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag

So you admit to deliberately trashing threads because you don't like them.

You make a long string of incendiary short posts in the hope you disrupt the discussion, is that it?

I dis-like all attempts to spread misinformation.

I'm simply asking people to prove their claims...which they can't.

If you find it disruptive for someone to ask for proof, I'm sorry, I can't help you out with that.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You know I read where they were designing a new drone that runs off of hydrogen which they said can stay in the sky for almost two days. That will cut down on fuel costs drastically and should be excellent for border patrol. The coast guard is set to be using them to patrol which will be great for search and rescue and catching drug runners.

I think too many people have been brainwashed into thinking drones are something they are not. Drones were first designed for surveillance they were later modified to carry arms. I read that the one being repurposed for US skies have had the weapon platforms removed. It seems regardless of that some people have succeeded in ingraining fear into others with a simple word.

Drone, drones, drones, scared yet? I think some actually think they are automatons.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
You know I read where they were designing a new drone that runs off of hydrogen which they said can stay in the sky for almost two days. That will cut down on fuel costs drastically and should be excellent for border patrol. The coast guard is set to be using them to patrol which will be great for search and rescue and catching drug runners.

I think too many people have been brainwashed into thinking drones are something they are not. Drones were first designed for surveillance they were later modified to carry arms. I read that the one being repurposed for US skies have had the weapon platforms removed. It seems regardless of that some people have succeeded in ingraining fear into others with a simple word.

Drone, drones, drones, scared yet? I think some actually think they are automatons.

I think you make the assumption that people only care if drones are armed. Many people have problems with drones because of their surveillance as well, and have for many years now. Again, like others in this thread, you can't resort to any discussion unless you're directly insulting someone.

They don't compare to helicopters because helos are expensive, and you won't have a fleet of them patrolling the skies. Drones are not as expensive, not as dangerous to fly, and you could theoretically have a fleet of them in the skies. Why would anyone want to live in a world where drones watch everything you do, regardless of the intention?

I think it is rather silly you accuse people who dislike drones as being "brainwashed". Brainwashing involves conditioning someone so they accept something new to them, a new system or a new way of doing things. I think you missed the memo on that one.
edit on 11-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
To my knowledge they have not stated what type of drone they are using correct? They have not said that they are using the military style drone that can be weaponized right? I was under the impression that they were using the police style one which is pretty much just an RC plane with a camera on it. I have seen many(I work in the field) and they look nothing like the military style ones and can't be weaponized at all. If that is indeed the type they are using then I see no problem with this. Usually they would use Helicopters to accomplish this same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

oh, a mistake you say ??
couldn't possibly be that she was targeted for one reason or another ????
disgruntled co-worker, maybe ??

That's a lot of paranoia.

in these parts it's called SOP ... not paranoia.
perhaps you should step outside the box at least once a day ?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

a personal attack accompanying a quick escape and i'm the unbalanced one ???
oooook.

be well friend and don't drink the kool-aid ... it's not what you think it is.

btw, i read about one officer supposedly killed but not multiples and no further info available.
until it is ... i don't believe it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Perhaps you missed the fear mongering in this thread where every time drones are mentioned they have to say the predator drone. That is fear mongering otherwise they would be talking about how they are just afraid of being watched. There is a fair amount of brainwashing being done to the public to instill irrational fear. Sorry you can’t see it but it is right in this thread maybe you just skimmed over that part.

I really think you are two sensitive honestly you complain a lot over perceived insults.

Drnes, drones, drones, it sent shivers up your spine didn't it. Don't worry it is just words.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Perhaps you missed the fear mongering in this thread where every time drones are mentioned they have to say the predator drone. That is fear mongering otherwise they would be talking about how they are just afraid of being watched. There is a fair amount of brainwashing being done to the public to instill irrational fear. Sorry you can’t see it but it is right in this thread maybe you just skimmed over that part.

I really think you are two sensitive honestly you complain a lot over perceived insults.

Drnes, drones, drones, it sent shivers up your spine didn't it. Don't worry it is just words.

No, I didn't miss the few times someone mentioned the military or "predator" drones. I almost didn't catch it though due to the litany of insults and short one-liner posts where a select few are demolishing yet another thread.

Yes, we get it. You think everyone that doesn't follow your statist ideal is paranoid. Yet here you are condoning the use of surveillance drones. If you start deploying robots in the sky and controlling them from a bunker, it's time to start questioning what the term paranoid actually means pal.

Also, yes I am sensitive, I am sensitive to the fact that ATS is turning into a toilet like the rest of the internet where you can't state your opinion without someone accusing you of being mentally unstable, useless or paranoid. When all else fails, appeal to authority I guess.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So when are they going to start using them to gun people down on U.S. soil? That's the real question.
edit on 11-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

I have to be brutally honest...
That kind of scares me!
And NOT 'cause I'm Canadian

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by phantomjack

I dont know. Something just doesn't seem right with the manifesto.

Which version? I have now read at least 3 different versions of the manifesto with additions and omissions. I really hope the drone they do use is just a surveillance drone, and not a militarized armed version. If they kill him via drone strike all hell will break loose.

The Police do not have a weaponized drone that can kill anything..

www.psmag.com...

Bean bags and tasers is all they have for now.....

The bean bag and tasers version is all they have divulged that they have. If they exist then it is likely that they have them, just like some police forces have tanks. Tanks are for military use, but yet some police forces still have them.

And, the article about the Tazers and bean-bags was from over a year ago...I'm sure, technology withstanding, we have come leaps and bounds, by today's standards...

I forsee that, IF they locate him with the police drone, and the coordinates are radioed back to the command center, there might be a federal agency or two, listening in. What stops them from authorizing a predator strike, at that point?

********************************************Very True! *************** Hollywood coming to life they always get their ideas from somewhere .... I say "Minority Report" coming to your life soon USA..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join