It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner Manhunt : Bringin' Out the Drones

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

DHS uses a drone called the 'Predator'. Yeah, it's the one that you think...
Here's a link:
The Washington Times

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If they find him with the unarmed drones then officers will have to go in to take him down risking more casualties. I don't know why having a machine take him down is not a win win. A new drone can be manufactured if something happens to it, maybe in a few months, whereas a new officer may take some 20 plus years.

All that man power must be costing tax payers a lot just to stop one man, not to mention the collateral damage the jumpy officers are inflicting on the public.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by ugie1028

DHS uses a drone called the 'Predator'. Yeah, it's the one that you think...
Here's a link:
The Washington Times

i remember that... but apparently people here have the memory of a goldfish so im not surprised people have not brought it up.
edit on 2/11/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/11/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Why do you have an issue with people being busted for breaking the law???

you have a truly awful understanding of what the law is (and is NOT). john Paul zodeaux, where are you?!

JPZ would have said: "legislation is only evidence of the law. it is not the law, itself." basically, the law is whatever the people say it is. take the notion of jury nullification for example.

ultimately, it matters not what is on the books. if the "fat cats" on Capitol hill write up a bunch of crap that the people do not wish to abide, that does not make the people "law breakers". it means that the legislation is unlawful.

get your head straight and stop being such a troll.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Doubt I would
Maybe after the fact...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Many drones are being repurposed and I don’t expect them to change the names or make new ones just for the police. They have used them in the past in catching cattle thieves which has been a big problem in recent past. They are not arming them and until they do I am not going to worry about them.

I am sure not scared of the name.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If anyone has proof they are being armed then please link it.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

nice deflection but that isn't what happened and you'd know so if you read it.

until the case was reviewed (ie ... in court), the error went un-noticed ... which would have been your job (in your analogy), get it ?

No, hers was a mistake, no of the other cars that went through the stuck red light were issued tickets...only her. And it went to court, was dismissed...look at that...system working as intended. The scary "machines" didn't take over.

yes, that's plenty to be paranoid about cause you/he/she is being paid to NOTICE these things, not have another person finally admit it in court.

talk about a frivilous use of the court system

no, without this video screwup, she wouldn't have missed her medical appt, lost time at work or had to endure the stress of appearing in court.

the additional expense to the taxpayers for such nonsense is also unproductive ... yet, we seem to have plenty of $$$ to enact such BS ... so, please, tell us again how is this beneficial ??

The system worked exactly like it was supposed to. Mistakes happen, this wasn't a "machine" mistake, this was human error by the person reviewing the video.

No one is perfect, mistakes happen in every line of work...get over it...the camera worked like it was supposed to, and the court system worked like it was supposed to.

Your paranoia is a character flaw, not a flaw in the system.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don't have aproblem with people being busted for breaking the law.

Then you should have no problem with the police using camera drones to try to locate this guy who has murdered two cops.

And yet you do...because fake outrage is all the rage these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

If you read the article, you will see that the DHS claims that they do not have a 'loan a drone' program, but law enforcement agencies say they they were approached with offers of the use of drones by DHS. I find that interesting. The DHS is pushing drone use by law enforcement agencies.

As far as the Predator goes, it is the same one used in Afghanistan. They launch Hellfire missiles from Predators over there. I know, they aren't doing it here.... but the DHS says they don't have a loan a drone program either.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Why do you have an issue with people being busted for breaking the law???

you have a truly awful understanding of what the law is (and is NOT). john Paul zodeaux, where are you?!

JPZ would have said: "legislation is only evidence of the law. it is not the law, itself." basically, the law is whatever the people say it is. take the notion of jury nullification for example.

ultimately, it matters not what is on the books. if the "fat cats" on Capitol hill write up a bunch of crap that the people do not wish to abide, that does not make the people "law breakers". it means that the legislation is unlawful.

get your head straight and stop being such a troll.

JPZ had a unique view of the law, a philosophical one, but not a legal one.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't feel safe now because he was supposedly spotted at my near mall . Should i be scarred of a drone possibly hurting me now or something . This is ridiculous .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Then you should have no problem with the police using camera drones to try to locate this guy who has murdered two cops. 

It is alleged that he did...
Or do you have a surveillance photo from the parking garage?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostangel818
I don't feel safe now because he was supposedly spotted at my near mall . Should i be scarred of a drone possibly hurting me now or something . This is ridiculous .

I'm sorry, you have been a victim of ATS fear mongering.

Unless you are scared of cameras...you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

It is alleged that he did...
Or do you have a surveillance photo from the parking garage?

Fine, alleged...still need to bring him in.

Or since no one physically saw him do it...should they not even look for him?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I know what the drones are the name does not scare me I probably know their capability’s better than you. Are you trying to scare people because that how it seems to me?

They are capable of carrying missiles but can you show any proof that they are for the police or DHS?

I said they are being repurposed many agencies are seeking them because they are more cost effective than using helicopters and that makes a lot of sense to me. With the drawback in Afghanistan and the end of the Iraq war there are a lot of drone surplus which they are repurposing for surveillance over US skies.

The word drone does not scare me nor does the word predator.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Are you trying to scare people because that how it seems to me?

That is exactly what a few people here are trying to do.

Fear of the word "drone"...helicopters have had thermal cameras on them for decades...but somehow when they are on remote controlled craft they are all of a sudden scary.

It's threads like these that makes ATS look really bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I know what the drones are the name does not scare me I probably know their capability’s better than you. Are you trying to scare people because that how it seems to me?

If you read my last post, it said that I do not trust the federal government.

If you want to trust them, feel free... no skin off my butt.

ETA: I mean you would trust them to balance your checkbook, right?

edit on 11-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

oh, a mistake you say ??
couldn't possibly be that she was targeted for one reason or another ????
disgruntled co-worker, maybe ??

yeah, i know, the story doesn't say so, so it must be a mistake ... i sure hope you aren't that gullible in RL.

excuse you, the machines were BROKE and human error exacerbated the problem ... but like i said, the machines are working as intended ... they are ripping-off as many as possible.

i have no paranoia but you can think it all you want.
won't change the facts ... the system is completely flawed.

oh, and since you want to dissect each incident ... here are several more ... enjoy.

source

There's new criticism of some of those red light cameras placed in Seattle. It's not coming from citizens, but from the City’s traffic judges.
New documents obtained by the KING 5 Investigators show the city knows judges have been throwing cases out of court but has continued to issue tickets.
- snip -

Assistant city attorney Greg Narver says the city hasn't shut the cameras down because it believes the judges are wrong.
- snip -

After KING 5 began its investigation, the City Attorney’s office said it has started working with the municipal court to get more consistent notification about these cases when they are dismissed. That way it can appeal the dismissal and have the case heard in superior court.
it seems the pass-the-buck syndrome is alive and well in Washington.
don't ya just love the lawyers

and from the other side of the country ...

source

Of the 830 tickets challenged in Broward from July 2010 through May 2011, DeLuca and Traffic Hearings Officer Tom Wich upheld just 44 of them, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

Lawmakers nearly overturned the camera law last session after enacting it in 2010. But a Florida House bill that would have pulled the plug on the cameras was stalled in the Senate Community Affairs Committee by chairman Mike Bennett, R-Bradenton.
- snip -

State Rep. Richard Corcoran, R-New Port Richey, who carried the repeal measure and co-sponsored a bill to lengthen yellow lights, disputed the notion that the camera issue is settled at the Legislature or in the courts.

"The complete opposite is true. Cases in Arizona [corporate home of ATS] are being thrown out on the basis of the equal protection clause," Corcoran told Sunshine State News.

Pointing to "myriad complications" and a "lack of uniformity" in enforcement, the representative said the fact that lawmakers are looking at setting a statewide standard for timing yellow lights suggests "a complete breakdown" of the system.

so, am i the only one who got the heebie-jeebies when i realized the vendor mentioned above is known as "ATS"

and one more for good measure ...

source

In a court case that resulted in the dismissal of nearly 300 tickets in 2001, a former employee testified that Lockheed Martin IMS, which operated the San Diego system, regularly scouted intersections in some cities based on high traffic volume, not locations that were most accident-prone. Documents revealed that officials sought locations with steep gradients and short yellow-light times.
- snip --

They found that rear-endings had gone up nearly 15 percent after cameras were installed in seven cities, with injuries from such accidents up 24 percent.
Right-angle crashes declined by 24 percent, with injuries down nearly 16 percent.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

this guy who has murdered two cops.
proof please or is this more of your exaggerations ?
which cops ?
where are the stories of their funerals, grieving family members, blue team salute ??
heck, a simple acknowledgement of the fallen would be good but i haven't seen such, have you ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join