It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I do enjoy reading these drone threads some of you are so god damn paranoid. Oooh so they are using drones to find this guy so what ? As some who have posted its easier and cheaper than to use several helicopters. Also depending on weather conditions hicoptera might not even be able to fly.

I can't see the difference between using a drone instead of a helicopter. And just because a drone Is in the sky it doesn't mean it's spying on EVERYONE a drone cannot watch everyone at once. I really think some people need to take a step back and take a breather from ATS.

As for using weapons on the drones I think this is taking it to extremes. One poster mentioning how they might of used a hellfire to blow up his truck oh I had to laugh. Seriously some of you need some down time get outside and enjoy life

Bottom line is why use and pay a 3 man crew of a helicopter (I only say 3 because that's how many operate the police helicopters here in the UK) when you can pay one man sitting in a box that can operate a drone which would also have a much longer flight time than a helicopter

Rant over its just some of these drone threads are a bit silly

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
They haven't found him out there in the woods yet because he ain't there. That burned truck is just a decoy. The "luggage rack" on top of it and the bed are cargo holds for equipment. That much gear would be hard to carry anywhere without leaving tracks. Since dogs couldn't find him, I assume he transferred whatever gear he was carrying into another vehicle and is long gone.

They are looking in the wrong place.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Yep, thank you for putting it in better words than I can.

I'm not quite sure what these people think are going to be flying around but I happen to think its a great idea. I know if my little sister was abducted I would want everything with wings up in the air looking for her.

Are you going to think it was a great idea when they can mass produce these drones cheaply and put thousands of them out there to the point where you cant even J-walk any more without getting a ticket.

People like yourself give them the inch they need to take a mile. Do you gladly accept the police state. Do you not see how things are developing in your country?

I live in Canada and your government is scary and out of control, you just wait until these drones are computer controlled and a machine decides if you are breaking the law! Maybe some day judge,jury and maybe some day executioner!
edit on 11-2-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
Man,

The events in the past year or so involving shooting and the rapid increase in security-technology is all becoming too surreal for me--and this Dorner-Drone situation is just icing on the cake. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like this all just too theatrical for me. Like some drone-engineer/salesmen is sitting in the offices of Homeland Security convincing a High-Level guy that the Drones of America's Skies is the "wave of the future". Meanwhile, he's texting his partners in L.A. to make sure "Project Dorner" is going as planned. Like, someone wants the public to be afraid, so that security-type programs can be green-lighted without question. I don't know, I think maybe I've spent too much time on ATS and paranoia is reaching fever pitch with me. But, something about the relative frequency and close timing off all these shooters just seems---I don't know like theater for the public to watch and digest. Anyone feel this way? Anyone else have the gut feeling like I do? I can't even watch the news anymore without feeling "dirty" and manipulated.

-TheGhoster
edit on 10-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

haha my friend in fact you should be proud of that paranoia, to be honest its one of the best human instincts.. its that feeling that something isnt right, its that little voice that makes you more aware and cautious, almost like a 6th sense...you are ALL being manipulated, with your republicans vs democrats debates and blame obama nonsense..its all a distraction.

lets say that the truth is a straight path and you are walking right towards it, well ...all these distractions are forks in the road to detour you from the path to the truth, whether its getting mad at the "president" or debating sports teams, or gossiping about kim kardashian, or the latest smart phones and all the other useless crap that at the end of the day you get bored of in a matter of weeks and move on to the next distraction, meanwhile they are hard at work on their future plans for you and me and our children and childrens children etc...

paranoia is ok, to a certain degree it keeps you on your guard...question everything my friend, pearl harbor, the civil rights movement etc...almost everything you have ever been taught at a conventional school system is an out right LIE. .only a select few know the truth and get to fabricate it for the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If anyone remember the series 24 where it had scenes of drones monitoring and providing surveillance info to CTU. Obviously Hollywood has always been the medium upto certain extent to softly breakin the news and/or the future changes in policies to the US public. Keep in mind that this series is few years old.
LINK

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The police are here to keep the order and enforce laws among the people. The military are here to guard against enemies of the state. When we let the military enforce the laws, the people become the enemy of the state.

Using drones to find this guy is a pretty slippery slope.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MisfitToy

I totally agree. Thats why we have the distinction between civil authority and the military. That goes all the way back to the constitution. The line drawn between them is getting fuzzier...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
unrelated to the main story but proves that PREDATOR DRONES were used before on US SOIL to track down & spy on people.

DailyMail

Meet the Brossarts, a North Dakota family deemed so dangerous that the local sheriff needed unleashed an unmanned Predator drone to help bring them in.

The Brossart's alleged crime? They wouldn't give back three cows and their calves that wandered onto their 3,000-acre farm this summer.

The same aerial vehicles used by the CIA to track down and assassinate terrorists and militants in Pakistan and Afghanistan are now being deployed by cops to spy on Americans in their own backyards.

This was back in December 2011.

edit on 2/11/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

There's already a precedent for the POTUS taking out American citizens with drone strikes, without permission from congress, and without a trial.

The LAPD are so desperate to catch this guy that they're willing to waste innocent lives without making sure who they're shooting first with the pistols they already have.

If they can get their hands on military equipment just by asking (and they can) while the courts are ambivalent on whether or not it's okay to kill a citizen with a drone on American soil without a flipping trial, then we have some prime ingredients for a perfect storm. If you can't put two and two together here and see why this might cause a problem, and why that possibility should outweigh the potential savings, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, they're rolling out drones now that can watch seventeen miles of ground in a definition so fine it can read license plates and see people's faces from miles up, with the capacity to store data in the tens of terabytes, and that's only the one we're being told about. One may not be able to watch a whole city all the time, but a small handful might.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have really thought this one out and at first it made me sick. Then I started to think about the murders he committed and I feel that if a drone can pin point his location than great. Maybe a few less people will be killed. But this is just the case needed for drones to start being used against us.

Maybe it will have a loud speaker to read out his Miranda rites before it attacks him.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

haha my friend in fact you should be proud of that paranoia, to be honest its one of the best human instincts.. its that feeling that something isnt right, its that little voice that makes you more aware and cautious, almost like a 6th sense...you are ALL being manipulated, with your republicans vs democrats debates and blame obama nonsense..its all a distraction.

paranoia is ok, to a certain degree it keeps you on your guard...question everything my friend, pearl harbor, the civil rights movement etc...almost everything you have ever been taught at a conventional school system is an out right LIE. .only a select few know the truth and get to fabricate it for the rest of us.

You're right, but there is such a thing as irrational paranoia. Paranoia that flies in the face of logic or evidence. Or even rightful paranoia(like I'd say is the case with the topic of this thread, other than thinking they will use the drone to attack him), but overreactions to said paranoia(like i'd say is the case with this thread.)
edit on 11-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The problem is that this is how it starts. Incrementally(if you can call it that). People say "oh it's just going to use FLIR etc to help locate him, but no weapons". It's not so much a question of a military aircraft versus a civillian one(the Bell Jet Ranger series helicopter we are all familiar with that the police use is offered in a military variant called the OH-58 Kiowa anyway) but rather, it's to get the American people to accept the fact that drones are now going to become a common tool used against us.

It's a problem, and those who cannot see the problem for what it is are short-sighted. US soil is now legally a battlefield, and drones are now going to be used against us for "surveillance" purposes. Who here can figure out what comes next??

edit on 12-2-2013 by Gtr003121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Robo-cop meets Skynet......... The future is here

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I find it convenient beyond possibility that just as the government wants to institute drone spying on citizens that a case comes up with just the right combination of circumstances to garner public sympathy to become the ultimate police state. At least this guy is targeting people who, if paying attention to their surroundings, would be capable of defending themselves.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have to admit they do make a compellin case for drones. I bet one day along side foot patrol cops you will have people controlling drones to keep watching us from above. all privacy lost.

If people ever revolt the equipment will already be there ready to be armed to take care of the discontent.

You people love to sell your privacy for convenience, security, and reduced cost. sell outs.

One day it will come back and bite you in the @$$ but you will think it is hogwash and believe just like every civilization that had its government run a muck that their civilization is different.

yeah every new punk kid thinks that they are different and that it can't happen to them. idiocy
edit on 12-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by alien because: Banned Returnee

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join