US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That will direct you to a few posts back. I link an official document on how they can use military spy drones on US soil.

How is that fear mongering when I show that they can/will use drones finding this guy (or any other citizen) for that matter?
edit on 2/10/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That will direct you to a few posts up. Thats an official document on how they can use military spy drones on US soil.

And that has nothing to do with what is going on in the Dorner case.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The precedent of targeted killing of US citizens outside a warzone has already been established, and since the battlefield for the war on terror is now everywhere all the time, all they need is a pretense to bring the precedent home. I live in a suburb of LA, not far from where all this is going on, and there have been drones in the sky here since 2008. And not the little quad rotor guys either, I mean Predators. Whether Chris Dorner was framed or not, it's awfully convenient that his rampage took place a few weeks after the fact that the courts are waffling on whether or not it's ok to kill US citizens on American soil without due process.

Also, did anyone that read the manifesto notice the bit where he mentioned and I'm paraphrasing here that 'no one needs weapons like mine, and I'm about to show you why law abiding citizens shouldn't be allowed to have them'? The timing with that also seems pretty convenient, what with the recent push for gun control.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The more drones the merrier. Bring them out. We need to stop all of these criminals. I really hope I wake up tomorrow and see flocks of drones roaming the skies, looking for criminals like Dorner.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

accidentally hit reply before I finished.

Again go back to that post, read that document on how they can use SPY DRONES on US citizens. I also mention that they're not armed, just using thermal imaging.

fear mongering? I tried to be as straight forward as possible with the information provided.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

accidentally hit reply before I finished.

Again go back to that post, read that document on how they can use SPY DRONES on US citizens. I also mention that they're not armed, just using thermal imaging.

fear mongering? I tried to be as straight forward as possible with the information provided.

The "UNITED STATES" isn't using anything.

Yes, you are fear mongering by saying the United State military has drones looking for Dorner.

Read your own title.
edit on 10-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Oh so you're replying to the title and not the content in the thread.

I see what you did there...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh so you're replying to the title and not the content in the thread.

Oh, so you admit the title of your thread is mis-leading (not to mention false) to the content of the thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Its the same title as zero hedge. I did not break any T's & and C's so you can complain all you want about the title and if you took the title for what its worth (or not worth) then you're the one with reading comprehension problems.

also when you're posting something using the external quoting (news story or otherwise) you can copy/paste the title of the article... also another non-rule break. not my fault you took the title for what its worth.

didn't you know not to judge a book by its cover? or in this case the title of a thread?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Why don't you people pay attention?

www.psmag.com...

That is the police dept. weaponized drone..

It shoots tazers and bean bags...
that's it, no missiles...

From your article:

But mission creep is common with drones.
The Pentagon said something similar two years ago about fighter-plane-sized Reaper drones deployed over the Indian Ocean: We’re only going to use these for spying on pirates, officials essentially said. Yes, they’re weaponizable, but they won’t be weaponized. By the end of this summer they were weaponized, and armed Reapers started to fire on Islamists in Somalia.
Around the same time, a Predator drone killed an American citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki, in Yemen. Even if all the people killed in those distant parts of the world were terrorists plotting hell for Americans, drone pilots do make mistakes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Having paid attention to this unfolding current item, that is gathering attention, the following can be stated:

Does anyone really expect this to work? After all they are going to use hardward, that has been used in the military on an exmilitary and an ex police officer, whose job has been tacticle response. Does this not seem like a waste of time and money?

Having lived in southern California, all this is going to do is cause more problems than solve them, ultimately what they will initially find and see is that there are large enclaves of illegale immigrants that tend to live in the wilderness areas. They may even find a few places where they are growing pot.

No, something tells me that he is not where they believe he is, but back hiding in plain site, in one of the cities and ultimately just sitting back and waiting, abiding his time. The local law enforcement if anything is pretty predictable and ultimately is having to go through making a show of doing something.

But funny, there has been no news or discussion on the part of law enforcment as to if this person is armed or not, they are strangely silent about such.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. - Benjamin Franklin

SKYNET IS ACTIVE.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Its the same title as zero hedge. I did not break any T's & and C's so you can complain all you want about the title and if you took the title for what its worth (or not worth) then you're the one with reading comprehension problems.

also when you're posting something using the external quoting (news story or otherwise) you can copy/paste the title of the article... also another non-rule break. not my fault you took the title for what its worth.

didn't you know not to judge a book by its cover? or in this case the title of a thread?

Well you got the article from zero hedge, that explains your problem.

I never said you broke T&C, I honestly don't care if you do. You are an individual that hopefully can think for themselves...and so you would think you could spot an innacurate title and change it so you don't continue the paranoid fear mongering.

I don't judge books by their covers...which refers to the artwork on the book...but I do expect the books title to be accurate to what the book is about. I would be highly dissapointed to pick up a book that has a title of "United States Uses Drones To Attack Citizens" only to find that the content of the book is about a police department, not the US government, using camera drones to aid them in finding a fugative. I'd also be dissapointed if I picked up a book about logic, and I found the contents of this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

if you didint take the title for what its worth then why were your last 5-6 replies (which were based off the title) made?

:troll?:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

if you didint take the title for what its worth then why were your last 5-6 replies (which were based off the title) made?

The title is inaccurate, that is the whole point.

But for some reason you think that since zerohedge has that as the title, that it is true and you must use it...even though it is completely false.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
WTF happened to this thread. This is kind of a big deal in terms of how far they can push. Testing waters. This right here could be the begining of a new norm and u guys are acting like children. Your both wrong anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

you miss the point that the rules allow it... but I explained in the thread (and the content within) that it may be different.

but veterans of ATS understand its not always about the title but the content within it... you fail to see that and continue to debate me on the title... and not the content within so... yea... why are you even wasting your time here then replying to me? whats your motivation?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

you miss the point that the rules allow it... but I explained in the thread (and the content within) that it may be different.

Yes, the rules allow you to intentionally mis-lead people because a conservative website puts an incorrect title to their article.

God forbid you use any type of critical thinking to deduce that they title is in fact incorrect.

but veterans of ATS understand its not always about the title but the content within it... you fail to see that and continue to debate me on the title... and not the content within so... yea... why are you even wasting your time here then replying to me? whats your motivation?

veterens of ATS...that makes me laugh.

Your thread is a hack job, a hit piece, and false rhetoric you are trying to spread to fear monger. I know you are pissed that you were called out on it...but it is what it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

please give me proof on how this thread is... fear mongering...

prove it kid. show me what you got... show me and the ATS veterans what you got... if all you have is smiley faces & laughing then you have a long night or day ahead of you.... because you have nothing.

yes I said it... you have nothing... unless you can prove it.

can you prove it? I'll wait for your next reply.
edit on 2/11/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

please give me proof on how this thread is... fear mongering...

prove it kid. show me what you got... show me and the ATS veterans what you got... if all you have is smiley faces laughing then you have a long night or day ahead of you.... because you have nothing.

yes I said it... you have nothing... unless you can prove it.

can you prove it? I wait for your next reply.

Like maybe you trying to tell everyone that the US Military is involved...when that is 100% false???

Issue is using military hardware on US citizens.

there is a difference between civilian craft and military craft. drones are military craft

I don't think you know what the word "drone" is. It does not automatically mean millitary craft...all it means is that it is a remote controlled unmanned craft. The ones they are using are little more than hobby grade helicopters with some very nice thermal cameras on them.

Where you got the idea that the US MILITARY is involved is beyond me...which is my whole point...you are either dense and don't understand this...or you are intentinally fear mongering trying to spread false information that the US Military is involved.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I do know you....you "veteran" of ATS
I love how you were that as some badge of honor.

edit on 11-2-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join