It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal."
US To Use Drones In Chris Dorner Manhunt
The sources source: Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman

Well it was only a matter of time before the drones were going to be used on an American citizen in the USA. They will not be using any type of weapons on the drone to kill/capture him, just thermal imaging. this should sound a few alarm bells... even for the law abiding citizen.

I bet the administration is jumping at the chance to make this type of thing more commonplace with the perfect goat to do it to. Who here saw this one coming?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not sure what your issue is with this exactly.

Would it be ok if they used helicopters to search for him?

What if some child in your family, God Forbid, was to go missing, would drones be ok to use to search for them?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yep, there it is.

If Sandy Hook was about gun control, Dorner is about legitimizing the use of drones to capture and kill Americans on American soil.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
On some level, we all knew this is what it was going to come to...

Finding him is one thing but It's wrong if they kill him via drone.

He is a U.S. citizen and he deserves his due process.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Issue is using military hardware on US citizens.

how come you dont see an issue with that?

link   
and now some will be confused on which side to root for.

link   
Man,

The events in the past year or so involving shooting and the rapid increase in security-technology is all becoming too surreal for me--and this Dorner-Drone situation is just icing on the cake. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like this all just too theatrical for me. Like some drone-engineer/salesmen is sitting in the offices of Homeland Security convincing a High-Level guy that the Drones of America's Skies is the "wave of the future". Meanwhile, he's texting his partners in L.A. to make sure "Project Dorner" is going as planned. Like, someone wants the public to be afraid, so that security-type programs can be green-lighted without question. I don't know, I think maybe I've spent too much time on ATS and paranoia is reaching fever pitch with me. But, something about the relative frequency and close timing off all these shooters just seems---I don't know like theater for the public to watch and digest. Anyone feel this way? Anyone else have the gut feeling like I do? I can't even watch the news anymore without feeling "dirty" and manipulated.

-TheGhoster
edit on 10-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

From what i've read they wont use the drones to kill him... just thermal imaging.

If they did use military drones with military weapons equipped to kill a civilian guilty or not should never ever happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

So if they made a drone for civilian use it would be ok?

You know we have helicopters in the military also. Do you oppose their use in searching for people?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

you've described the scenario to a tee.

in addition to that, i'm sure they are trying to prevent one or the other 'disclosuer' type events from happening

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

there is a difference between civilian craft and military craft. drones are military craft, helicopters (like the ones the police use) are civilian.

when was the last time you saw a police unit use an Apache helicopter in a high speed chase? never...

Police choppers have thermal imaging cameras on them, so why not use those instead of drones? Want to know why? read theghoster's post above. he explains it perfectly.
edit on 2/10/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think the point being made, and seems to be eluding you, is that they COULD use a helicopter, but are not doing so. Plenty of birds out there with thermal imaging capabilities, hell most police forces have at least one at their disposal. There is no need for them to use a drone, but it seems they used the first unreasonable excuse to do just that.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its going to be a situation where the big bad drones find this guy( who looks like damn familiar but cant place him), find that he is surrounded by "tripwires" and "explosives" and leads people in safely to "take him alive".

Then the media can go on about how drones are good and safe and people will change their opinion. Next time a drone will shoot out a car tire of an escaping convict. Then it will be using spy technology to eavesdrop on a terror cell, then these damn things will be flying every where, armed to the teeth and people will be happy cause they are safe.

Apathetic Americans strike again.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I had a strong feeling as soon as I heard this guys name, Dorner.....sounds to much like drone. I knew they were gonna use them. Right now it may be only for thermal imaging, just to get the foot in the door. Soon they will be armed when doing a manhunt. Especially when the suspect is armed and trained like this guy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is shot down by drone anyway if he fired at it.if they were meant to helP citizens , why weren't they using them to find children before?These things are not for us, they are for police state purposes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Law enforcement are switching to drones for a number of reasons, safety, cost, efficiency.....

Drones will take significant danger away from law enforcement officials who put their lives at risk every day. Last year, a helicopter had to make an emergency landing during surveillance in Los Angeles when it was shot at. Perhaps the greatest benefit of drones in the eye of law enforcement officials is the cost benefit. Drones themselves are much cheaper than helicopters or other aircraft — and they cost much less to operate per hour than do other aircraft. Unmanned aircraft will make certain activities easier, safer, more efficient, and more cost effective. At a time when many states are saddled with enormous debt, it is clear this will be a big selling point.

www.policymic.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

This guy looks real familiar to me too. I just can't figure out where or who he looks like. I thought it was my imagination, but other people are saying it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Drones are cheaper than helicoptors.

And when states are squeezing every last drop out of their budgets it makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by kosmicjack

From what i've read they wont use the drones to kill him... just thermal imaging.

If they did use military drones with military weapons equipped to kill a civilian guilty or not should never ever happen.

Wait for it...

We all knew there were no WMD's in Iraq. We all seen what was going to happen with Sandy Hook and the following gun grab. We all knew that eventually the drones would be in the skies. We all knew so many things...

Now we all know that very soon those drones will be armed. It's almost ridiculous how easy it is to predict what tomorrow will bring.

Wait for it...

Peace

edit on 10-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Can these things see in your house?
if they can I have a major problem with them flying around. No one needs to see me walking around scratching my butt....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

How come they never armed helicoptors?

Seems if their goal was to kill people from the sky they could have done it a long time ago.

Does a missle look cooler being fired from a drone or something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join