It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
Ha, it's like trying to tell these people to get off the beach when clearly there is a tsunami coming but they are too busy picking up fish because it's not everyday the water recedes so far and fast.

Its like telling people there is a SALE for the next holiday, holidays always happen, there is no haven by the way if the world collapses so those everyone else one by one, domino effect, anarchy oh # the dude on the video is an anarchist that doesn't know the definition of anarchy... LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ha, it's like trying to tell these people to get off the beach when clearly there is a tsunami coming but they are too busy picking up fish because it's not everyday the water recedes so far and fast.

I've been on ATS a loooong time. That is the best short post I ever read.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It's more like telling people there's a tsunami coming, and standing there for 6 years saying the same thing. Meanwhile everyone else just has fun, surfs, and goes home.

The housing market collapse and resultant money printing happened back in '07/'08. I've heard doomsday screamers yelling about hyperinflation for 6 years since.

Where is it? Why isn't it here yet? Why do we have to actually try to avoid deflation, let alone hyperinflation?

Do I have to wait another 10 years for your prophecy to come true?

People calling out hyperinflation have been so wrong for so long that I can't help but feel like they're the homeless guy on the street corner yelling doomsday religious stuff at me.
edit on 2/11/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
So shoot me, telling a white lie has resulted in good participation ad at least a couple of peoples eyes that I know of that are now open.
(no reason given)

It's one of my pet peeves on sites like this. The MSM is constantly attacked for distorting the news but no one has any problem with deceptive headlines for threads here. (and this is on the front page as a top topic right now.)

This is an anarchist talking about buying precious metals at a conference catering to the mineral industry. This isn't mainstream at all. This is just another thread talking about the coming economic collapse of the U.S.just like all the other threads here for years talking about the coming economic collapse of the U.S. I'm not saying it's not going to happen or isn't happening but I'm a little jaded at this point.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

People should invest in land, land even if they take it from you at some stage in the process there will be a chance to be compensated or have it returned and they will only go after the most productive lands, but taxes on land will continue to get higher, it is just safer and will at least do some good if you are planing for the future of your next generations.

Not sure about where you live but when you dont make payments in my state there is no opportunity to get the land back and no compensation.

Best plan is to learn survival skills and have a plan to begin with IMO

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic
He looked to stoned to be believable.

You'd need to be stoned not to see the truth about the fall of the Western Empire.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by nomnom

I keep hearing 2 to 3 years in the mainstream media but I'm pretty sure thats the point where it's no longer safe. The real decline is in process. Like a train wreck in slow motion.

What do you mean, "safe"?

The decline has been in the process since 2000 as far as I can tell.

It could continue on for perhaps 20-30 years, or 20-30 days. It depends on decisions not yet made, and reactions not yet fully assessed.

If the end of 2012 was anything at all, it was the point in which predictions became utterly useless. There is too much chaos, psychosis, and potential game-changers out there to accurately assess the state of... anything complex.

it depends on citizens and not decisions to be made. the govt. has no say over how long it will take at this point, it's now in the hands of the people, I.E. the consumer. more and more people are waking up everyday and it is this momentum that will decide how long it will take. when enough people have had enough of the BS then it will fall and fall fast.

i'm personally giving it 6 to 12 months at this point, judging from how many more people i personally talk to about the subject, that are waking up.

when enough people are without necessities and aware of the great con, then the wagon will tip.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Nah, as Loughner tried to explain in his "Infinite Source Of Currency!?!?" thread here on ATS. The economy, the dollars value etc... will always be exactly what they decide to say it is. It's not unlike mentioning that gas will go up on the national news. It causes oil futures to become the best investment on earth overnight. Competitive devaluation is what we see in play today my friend. You need only read about the Currency War during the Great Depression to see whats in play.

The massive Inflation, the housing mess etc...etc... have all been engineered affairs. Just ask Texas they saw the housing mess coming and even put laws on the books to stop the bogus lending practices in their state.

Ask yourself how a nation could better compete with cheap Chinese labor?? I guess a crash would see US labor on par with China overnight, so who knows you may be right. That said a substantial devaluation is one of the most "traumatic" policies a government can adopt – it almost always resulted in cries of outrage and calls for the government to be replaced. Maybe that's why they want our guns huh?

Infinite Source Of Currency!?!?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Currency war, also known as competitive devaluation
en.wikipedia.org...

The prospect of a crash is scary! America would go down fast if we could not field our fleets of tankers, food delivery vehicles etc... I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure our dependence on foreign food stuffs is at an all time high.

Personally, I think countries that engage in Currency Wars should face the full might of the US war machine! I dont want to see my babies starving!
edit on 10-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Scanning the thread over coffee. Trying to get back to work today (slave of the system). I'll check your links tonight. Thanks for the intelligent rresponse. I'm really open to other points of view in hopes there is a way out!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
People have been talking about a collapse of the US since they day it was formed. And it has been through some hard times. And these times are not even close to hard.

True on the first point. Not so sure on the second. Consider:

And a warning shot in 2008:

The second video give some charts and graphs that show we are in much worse shape than we've ever been. Pretty compelling. See my thread HERE

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
While I agree that collapse is imminent, I also am confused as to when it might occur. Living in Texas adds to my confusion, because over the years of the recession, my husband and I have done very well. We are thriving actually.

It makes me nervous because while other people cannot feed their families in other states, we are selling our perfectly good house making a good amount of equity and about to build a new one on a few acres. It scares me because while I see everything as great, maybe we shouldn't invest in a new place since it's a huge financial risk when I look outside our little bubble.

I just feel like the facts don't lie about our country's status, but while I'm experiencing the opposite in this economy, it's hard to run and hide. If it is going to collapse anyway, why not enjoy life until then and be a little prepared at the same time?

I share your bewilderment. Is it all just paranoia? I used to think so but when you start to hear ex government officials and economists saying that the economy is nearing collapse you have to take heed. My business is thriving as well but because I am a contractor, more and more I get work because companies have trimmed too many jobs and it's cheaper/easier to use contractors.

Consider the looming budget battle and the fiscal cliff. Sounds like the GOP is willing to let it happen. That will result in LOTS of lost jobs.

Someargue that China wont let it happen as they have massive investment in the US. But think about it, if the Chinese somehow help us, what will they ask for in return. I just dont know. But like the guy in the video says, when they throw around ideas like alien invasion and trillion dollar coins they are desperate and have no idea what to do. See the documentaries I posted a link to on the next page. They are both serious documentary's by reputable folks. They do a much better job of explaining what has been happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

It's more like telling people there's a tsunami coming, and standing there for 6 years saying the same thing. Meanwhile everyone else just has fun, surfs, and goes home.

The housing market collapse and resultant money printing happened back in '07/'08. I've heard doomsday screamers yelling about hyperinflation for 6 years since.

Where is it? Why isn't it here yet? Why do we have to actually try to avoid deflation, let alone hyperinflation?

People calling out hyperinflation have been so wrong for so long that I can't help but feel like they're the homeless guy on the street corner yelling doomsday religious stuff at me.

You are not paying attention!
Inflation is here and it is strong! Take a look here for real numbers!

The problem is that the government hides inflation by rigging the numbers, same as unemployment. There is no possible way for them to be honest without starting a new revolution. If people knew the truth, they would literally come out of their skin over it!

The reason that you haven't seen the "hyper" inflation of past declines is due in part to Quantitative Easing progressing more slowly than in the past and secondly, because they've successfully fooled enough people into believing that everything is ok. However, the ability to hide how terrible things are coming to an end. Soon all will be laid bare for anyone caring to see it.

Examples of Hidden inflation: Hillshire Farms Kielbasa in 2002 was 20 oz., in 2009 it was 16 oz., in 2012 it is 13 oz. - the price has actually gone UP! Toilet paper rolls in 2000 were 6 inches high, in 2008 they were 5.5 inches high, today they are 5 inches high and the price has actually gone UP! You can see other examples here!

The inflation is right in our faces, but the companies selling the products have done an incredible job of hiding it. Most folks go through their day taking their routines for granted and do not police these things closely enough to notice. However, that is changing - FAST!

As we enter into this global currency war, you all should fully expect to see an increase in momentum for inflation.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Interesting post but no substance. Exactly how do we avoid collapse? I'm eager to be talked down. I have many that rely on me for food, safety and shelter. I want nothing more than to see the light at the end of the tunnel. for years I was a denier. Now I'm scared.

Please help me (and others posting here) understand that there is still hope!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The US Debt is fake, as well as the propaganda going with it.

After WWII America made our allies pay great fortunes to pay us back for alllll that military hardware/oil/food.

The countries that LOST WII.....we forced them to pay for decades for our military presence in their countries. Japan is still paying us BILLIONS a year for us to have our military there to "protect them".

Then we made those countries pay us "Reparations".....we've also been generating BANK off of alllll those scientists brought into America from Japan / Germany.

WE even tricked Japan / Germany into providing us money/ loans for US Military construction projects / radar sites/ etc. on US Soil.....to this day.

The whole PsyOps program to trick the American population that "we are broke"......is SOLELY being done so that a FEW families in America in charge of all the Trust Fund Accounts....to spend ALLLLLL the money on themselves and NOT have to waste ANY of it on the rest of America or even give you jobs or careers so you can survive.

Americans have been getting ROBBED. And they're just too stupid to realize it.

Where's the Hundreds of TRILLIONS from the Bonds Americans have been paying for auto insurance that was mandated in the 50's???? Those Bonds didn't disappear....somebody's been spending them and is still controlling them.

Americans in general have got to be THE most gullible uneducated humans on the planet....they all should be living very well yet there they are.....65 million unemployed...60 million on Food Stamps......too dumb to know any better.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

I wimped out and voted libertarian at the last moment.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by St Udio

Go to a coin show and ask for a price on US "junk" silver coins. That is the key phrase to them showing you the lowest price silver (above spot price). Spot is the price of an ounce of silver on the stock market when it closed the previous day. The above spot is their mark up for their profit margin. It should be no more than 5% above spot.

They charge more these days. Thats why you go to a coin show. Keep looking until you find the dealer with the lowest above spot price. He'll try and sell you a "bag" of US Junk silver coins minted before 1964. Tell him you only want "x" dollars worth (whatever you can afford that day). The coins can be any denomination and should show the date so it can be read. If you can read the date that coin is not worn enough to change the weight. Discard any you can't read the date. The edge of the coin should be "ruffled" too. Run your finger along the edge to make sure the ruffles are there. Discard any that are "smooth".

Regardless of whether it is a dime or dollar the silver content will be 90%. The 10% copper is a mint add to make the coins "wear better" in circulation. Buy the more recent coins like Kennedy halves, Washington quarters and Eisenhower dimes. They are minted more recently won't have been in circulation as long and worn down less.

Buy a mix of denominations so that you can make "change" when purchasing on the black market ( after the crash). Everyone will recognize these coins as what they are:

US dated silver coin of specific content, worn from circulation but easily identifiable for what they are: real money. Also they are very hard to counterfeit.

Remember:

Coin show

US Pre 1964 silver coins of dime, quarter and half dollar denominations.

Newer mint with date and edge ridges visible. Kennedy halves, Washington quarters, Eisenhower dimes.

5% above spot on "Junk" silver coin.

Buy a little at a time each time you can go. If you find a dealer that is selling at reduced prices, buy more.

Silver quarters going at around $5.50 apiece currently!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kyo560
this is bs and fear mongering. the world economy is just realigning it self just like it did with the collapse of the British empire but hey look they aren't all dead and living in a dystopia , just got to deal and get over the fact we aren't always going to be number 1. stop blaming all this mess on a group of people, just look at yourself, your family, neighbor and friends, we have become lazy fat and stupid and feel entitled. i have no idea how to live in a world where im not taken care of and not having to lift a finger for myself, this is the same case of millions of other young adults we can only blame our selves and parents.

but we are heading to ruin if we think consuming and consuming will fix all our problems.

Like I said, :been to the mall lately?"

People just dont get it and are lost in materialism. No clue. I like to think you are right but math tells me something really messy is coming. Did you look at any of the real documentary's I posted that were made by people "in the know"? Please take the time to play them. You dont need to watch the eye candy video, just listen.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

For a pretty good picture of how the banks can do this see my other post HERE

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by RedDragon

You are not paying attention!
Inflation is here and it is strong! Take a look here for real numbers!

The problem is that the government hides inflation by rigging the numbers, same as unemployment. There is no possible way for them to be honest without starting a new revolution. If people knew the truth, they would literally come out of their skin over it!

The reason that you haven't seen the "hyper" inflation of past declines is due in part to Quantitative Easing progressing more slowly than in the past and secondly, because they've successfully fooled enough people into believing that everything is ok. However, the ability to hide how terrible things are coming to an end. Soon all will be laid bare for anyone caring to see it.

Examples of Hidden inflation: Hillshire Farms Kielbasa in 2002 was 20 oz., in 2009 it was 16 oz., in 2012 it is 13 oz. - the price has actually gone UP! Toilet paper rolls in 2000 were 6 inches high, in 2008 they were 5.5 inches high, today they are 5 inches high and the price has actually gone UP! You can see other examples here!

The inflation is right in our faces, but the companies selling the products have done an incredible job of hiding it. Most folks go through their day taking their routines for granted and do not police these things closely enough to notice. However, that is changing - FAST!

As we enter into this global currency war, you all should fully expect to see an increase in momentum for inflation.

Exactly. The Fed has been propping up the market with Quantitative Easing (buying bad debt) for the very purpose of keeping the interst rates from exploding...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They're just conditioning us for the inevitable so that we accept it.

As a side note, I don't quite understand people pulling their cash out of the banks, firstly, it can help to cause a crash, and secondly, what good is cash going to do you if the economy crashes? At that point, isn't it essentially worthless paper anyways?

it's like buying milk and bread when a hurricane hits, if there's no power, why buy stuff that's going to go bad anyways?
edit on 2/11/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: Added to the post.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Am I the only one who sees this? In the case of a global monetary collapse, people will soon realize that:

You can't eat gold

You can't drink gold

You can't use gold to keep you warm

I'm advising friends who have houses in the country to start growing their own food, going to join them and help with my skills on building and fixing things when the SHTF.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join