It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

We have more than enough resources in America to supply energy, don't forget about Alaska. For some stupid reason rather than use our own we feel the need to purchase our resources (oil) from others waiting for the peak oil production point and then we will corner the market *grins smugly* but we will find an alternative (a public alternative) to oil long before peak oil production. As far as precious metals, Alaska...Nuclear recources, our homeland, and Alaska.

Alaska has countless resources we don't touch as we call it a nature preserve. There is a reason we have so much military force there, to keep it ours.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Because the worst that will happen has happened imo. There is no need to wake up and people aren't sleeping. There are no world wars to worry about, the only thing to worry about in the world at the moment is overpopulation, and the lack of will of people. As i theorized, disease and famine will handle most of the overpopulation. The ones that choose to survive will make it happen. Our population will continue to grow, unfortunately we will run out of earth tho, so as I mentioned before terraforming is a MUST. We realistically could be less than 10 years away from populating mars had we started this idea when we (all humans) started space exploration, and who knows, maybe in secrecy we have.

Survival just isn't in some people apparently, sorry to make such a stupid reference, but Carlos Mencia said it best in regards to people in "tornado ally" in America..."are you gonna move? Hell no Ima rebuild". Those people wonder why it happened to them again next year....move. Some parts of earth are habitable some aren't. Ignorance to that doesn't justify help to all that need it.

This is exactly why America won't collapse. Its some of the best living grounds on earth, and Americans have guns.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoogemonkey

Plain and simple if it came down to world turmoil, the US could cut off ALL food exports and keep its population fed AND defended. No other country could.

hrmm.. are you sure? looks to me like you couldn't. If oil dried up in terms of importation (US being a net importer), you'd have no way of satisfying the fuel requirements regarding domestic logistics. It'd have to be local produce upon which you'd rely, and that current infrastructure isn't built for such a scenario (nor is it in most places internationally). There'd be a shock.. much like the oil shock in the 70's ironically enough.

Carry on American.

Alaska...one simple word to explain the oil issue. There's a reason we bought it, and there's a reason we built a pipeline, and there's a reason we have an INCREDIBLE amount of military forces there (it's not cuz we're afraid of the ruskies) to defend it. So yes, if the US was cut off from all oil imports we would have plenty to rely on. If our supply from Alaska somehow were to be interrupted, there would be turmoil for sure, but that brings me back to my point of feed AND defend in my 1st reply.

Yes, i am an American, and tbh I do take offense to being called that, as usually that is meant as an insult. I'll tell you tho, as much as I dislike this country and government, there isn't another one out there I'm afraid of, so yea, go America.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81
reply to post by KoolerKing

We have more than enough resources in America to supply energy, don't forget about Alaska. For some stupid reason rather than use our own we feel the need to purchase our resources (oil) from others waiting for the peak oil production point and then we will corner the market *grins smugly* but we will find an alternative (a public alternative) to oil long before peak oil production. As far as precious metals, Alaska...Nuclear recources, our homeland, and Alaska.

Alaska has countless resources we don't touch as we call it a nature preserve. There is a reason we have so much military force there, to keep it ours.

Even the resources in Alaska are limited. And dont forget the massive amount of energy required to extract it. Also, the resources you speak of wont be used wisely and greed dictates that we sell them to the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

I disagree with your first point. In the big picture, to the average person, things arent that bad. Most have the belief that "they" will fix it. People are asleep IMO. Still caught up in material things and eye candy.

There is a movement afoot to become more conserving with resources but it's got a long way to go. As well, the corporations arent stupid. They see ways to profit from it. Problem is, driven by profit, they will ruin it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeSeeker81

Plain and simple if it came down to world turmoil, the US could cut off ALL food exports and keep its population fed AND defended. No other country could.

hrmm.. are you sure? looks to me like you couldn't. If oil dried up in terms of importation (US being a net importer), you'd have no way of satisfying the fuel requirements regarding domestic logistics. It'd have to be local produce upon which you'd rely, and that current infrastructure isn't built for such a scenario (nor is it in most places internationally). There'd be a shock.. much like the oil shock in the 70's ironically enough.

Carry on American.

Alaska...one simple word to explain the oil issue. There's a reason we bought it, and there's a reason we built a pipeline, and there's a reason we have an INCREDIBLE amount of military forces there (it's not cuz we're afraid of the ruskies) to defend it. So yes, if the US was cut off from all oil imports we would have plenty to rely on. If our supply from Alaska somehow were to be interrupted, there would be turmoil for sure, but that brings me back to my point of feed AND defend in my 1st reply.

Yes, i am an American, and tbh I do take offense to being called that, as usually that is meant as an insult. I'll tell you tho, as much as I dislike this country and government, there isn't another one out there I'm afraid of, so yea, go America.

Come on people, we are in this together. Building walls and applying labels to each other is exactly what led us to where we are now. Nothing but tools for division.

As far as Alaska oil goes, petroleum is not finite. Its drying up in the middle east and that only took about 50 years. Alaska is not an unlimited source.

Also dont forget, our beloved leadership mortgaged America on its resources. First the dollar was based on gold. Next it was based on oil (petro dollar), now its based on our resources in Alaska and other federal lands. As we eat through those resources the dollar will most certainly fall again, if it is ever able to rise in value that is...

"Everything is always changing, nothing stays the same" - William Blake

edit on 15-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
I was going through some old pictures of mine and found some that I completely forgot about; they have somewhat to do with the collapse of the USA and the interesting part is it came from Obama himself.

please excuse the sizes:

I had another one about the whole gun control but I can not seem to find it.

The last picture is the one that can really relate to this topic.

It just seems that a lot of people have forgotten the words he said before and now are shocked to what is happening. He laid it out in plain site for us to see, yet some remain blind.

I researched your info and apparently, it is not true. Although I can't stand Obama, I absolutely hate out and out lies even more. I cut the crap out of the info below to get as much on here as I could. Yes, it's a wiki link but there are many others.

From a bit of research:

wiki.answers.com...'Meet_the_Press'_transcript_for_Sept_7_2008_Obama_US_flag_stance

There is a hoax about President Obama, the Flag and a Meet the Press program on Sept 7, 2008. The email about disrespecting the US flag that attributed absurd dialogue to President Obama was fiction. The president was never on Meet the Press that day, and the times he was on, he never said anything bad about the flag. You can get the transcript from the link in the related links section below. You can also find a link to the transcript for the DECEMBER 2008 Meet the Press when Barack Obama was a guest, but the word Flag was again not mentioned.

It was written by John Semmens in 2007 in his Arizona Conservative Blog which he labels "semi-news, a satirical review of the events shaping our nation and the world" Semmens made up all the dialogue. You used to be able to get it from his blog, but now his archives only go back to 2009. Someone took it from his column, expanded the satire, wrapped it in a lie, and started forwarding it as if it were an email of truth.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Quote from Franklin Roosevelt “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”,quote indicate that we should not let our fear motivate us. Fear should not be a motivating factor for either our actions or our behavior.
Most of the talking heads in the news media, as well as our own representatives in Congress.
They are all trying to scare the American public into supporting drastic increases in government and government spending with horrible scenarios of what will happen if we allow the government to shutdown.
Frankly I’m more concerned about what will happen if we don't shut the government down.......

They are all predicting doom and gloom for our entire country if we allow the government to run out of money. Excuse me!
Don’t they know that we have already run out of money?
We are already more than $16 trillion dollars in debt?
What would happen if they turned off the lights, closed the doors, and just got the hell out of town?
Probably nothing, except that out children’s future might begin to look a little bit brighter as all of the lights begin to dim in all of their closed offices! Hell, they all take a week off between Christmas and New Years, don’t they? And when they all get back to their desks after the first of the year, nothing has changed has it?
The United States Government is desperately trying to frighten the American people.
Both the Congress and the President are engaging in scare tactics.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I welcome a Government shutdown with open arms
A lot of government employees really do need to get used to the idea of not working for Uncle Sam anymore!
They need to find a job in the private sector, the actual productive, wealth creating part of our economy, instead of working for the Federal bureaucracy, the wealth sucking part of our economy!
They know from the polls that most Americans are actually looking forward to a government shutdown in spite of all of the fear mongering..... The majority of Americans are ready, willing, and able to live with less government!
In reality it is our government officials who are experiencing the real fear of a government shutdown!
They are afraid of losing their jobs!
They are afraid of a growing number of Americans who are coming to the realization that we don't really need many of them!
And they will keep hammering away at that message of fear,doom and gloom, until you believe that you can’t live without them!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
S&F

Best thread on ATS so far, from an intelligent but real, non-political average American who should be worried about his assets (ie, life savings in the bank), job, family, personal safety, future.

How in the world can USA have the MOST gold yet the most debt?

Gold is being hoarded by scoundrel investors at the top including the heads of Federal reserve banks themselves and soon US dollars aren't worth the paper printed on but for wiping your rear-ends with!

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join