It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinite Source Of Currency!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Is it possible for an infinite source of currency?

If a member of the treasury creates 5 new currency's then the new currency replaces the previous currency.
If the new currency replaces the previous currency then the previous currency is no longer in use.
A members of the treasury creates 5 new currency's.
Therefore, the previous currency is no longer in use.

If the treasury creates a new currency then the new currency will replace the previous currency.
The treasury creates a new currency.
Therefore, the new currency will replace the previous currency.

If the treasury creates one new currency then why couldn't they create an infinite amount?

Wouldn't be beautiful to see your face on the new coins?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Coins and paper are worthless.

Coins and paper represent something.

Say you have a gold bar. In real life, that gold bar is very heavy. You can't be walking around with tons of gold bars.

So instead, you print a piece of paper or you issue a coin.

Coins used to be worth something, if they were actually made of gold. This would be like walking around with pieces of gold instead of the actual gold bar.

But then later people begin to issue silver coins and now I don't even think most coins even have much silver in them. I think they have nickle or copper in the middle and are coated with silver or something.

Metal coins are at least metal and can be melted down and used for something.

Paper money is the worst.

You have a piece of paper that is a bank note. It represents part of a gold bar that is stored away some place. You and I will never see this gold bar, but it is supposed to exist. Our paper money works because we believe that some place, some where, there is a gold bar that this piece of paper represents a fraction of.

So a dollar bill represents a small part of a gold bar some place.

But the thing is, there is a limited amount of gold.

If you print more money, it does not make more gold. It only makes more paper.

So if you print more money, each one is worth less and less, because you only have created more paper and not more gold.

Well most of the time this system works, because really, you and I will never see the gold bar that this piece of paper is said to represent. As long as we continue to accept the paper money and live like it is actually worth something, then it will work for most of us.

But we do owe a dept to other countries and governments. When we do business with them, they are going to want to know our currency is actually backed by gold.

Sometimes a country will buy our dept from us, and I'm not sure how this works, but it gets us out of trouble for a while. But I don't know how we can pay this dept off, especially if we print more money.

What we need to do is find more gold to back our money. Either that, or we need to find another resource to back our money with.

So say we use silver or oil or something we have a lot of, we can store this some place, and print a new currency. This new currency could be backed by something that is actually valuable. So if we stored a lot of silver or diamonds or oil or something some place, then we could issue money based on that I guess.

Maybe one day we will find a new resource to use.

Anyway, money is only valuable if backed by something.

If it isn't, then in reality it is just paper and metal, and only worth the paper or metal. It would have no value really. I guess we could continue to function if we pretend it has value. That might work in limited circumstances.

If all the citizens of the United States continued to function as if their money had value, I guess it would work, because we would give it value in our own minds.

I mean, some native tribes traded with feathers, beads, shells, and other things that were pretty. These items had some value in that they were used in tribal dress, hard to acquire, and pretty. Some beads might signify status, or a certain feather might mean something to them.

When outsiders saw these tribes liked pretty beads and things and were willing to trade, like a horse or some food for that, they would mass produce a lot of stuff, like glass beads and stuff to trade with them.

To the visitor, the horses, blankets, hides, meat and things had value. It was easy to make some cheap glass beads or find shells or something to use to trade with. To those more advanced, these items were junk and they were getting a good deal by trading basically junk for good resources.

Right now gold has always had value, and probably always will. It is just another metal really, and if we suddenly found a huge amount of it, so large that it was very plentiful and easy to get, then it too would be worthless and we'd have to find something else to use.

Anyway, we have to have a resource that is worth something to use for money, we can't just make more of it, it doesn't really work that way. It might work for a short time. But sooner or later people will realize it is isn't really worth anything. We might use it amongst ourselves, like the natives used beads and feathers amongst themselves. That might work for some people who are all in agreement about the value. But for money to really work, everyone in the world has to agree it is worth something.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Dwight leans over and whispers very quietly;

"Are you talking about alchemy?"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
last i checked the US gave up the gold standard during the first Great Depression.

Our currency is solely backed by our workers, land, and our creditors faith.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pretty much troed already, check out zimbabwe and see if that's what you want to do..
Money is worth only what people think it's worth. One doesnt get something for nothing for any length of time.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
they already do and its called inflation.

money is worthless

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I think that the only boundless currency is that of knowledge and spirit.

(EDIT)
I'm tired of ranting.
LOL

[edit on 7/8/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erad3

Um yeah, people do that. When a goverment does it to pay its bills it's called "liquidity injection" or some such. When anyone else does it to pay their bills it's called "counterfeiting". Either way it steals money from everyone else.

Money does not equal wealth. You can't create wealth by creating more money. All you do is dilute the money.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We make money jokes in my area, Middle Tennessee. It's done with crayons. Those ATM's are just fancy printers.

So, theoretically, yes, it's infinite.

Problems arise, however, as someone "stacks" too much. Because, you see, the consider it 'take the money and run...' type mentality.

Hey, it's only money

*** So I don't get in trouble with the modes, this should be filed under MetaPhysics, and yes, it's perpetual.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by passingthought]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
they already do and its called inflation.

money is worthless

If money is worthless then at a store I remove anything of the shelf for free.
At a store I can't remove anything of the shelf for free.
Therefore, money isn't worthless.

Want to purchase something with the monopoly board game money in a real store?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
In all seriousness, I think that the only boundless currency is that of knowledge and spirit.

(EDIT)
I'm tired of ranting.
LOL

Fairy's and trolls could use a boundless currency of magical gold coins; They would imagine them for purchases.

Is that the only boundless currency of the knowledge and spirit?

Huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
Pretty much troed already, check out zimbabwe and see if that's what you want to do..
Money is worth only what people think it's worth. One doesnt get something for nothing for any length of time.

If the money is in use for certain cult then there's worth in money.

The money is in use for certain cults.

However, there's worth in money.

Why is there not one currency for the world?

If I use the coins from Zimbabwe in an American shopping center then the purchase is void.

I use the coins from Zimbabwe in an American shopping center.

Nonetheless, the purchase is void.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg

But then later people begin to issue silver coins and now I don't even think most coins even have much silver in them. I think they have nickle or copper in the middle and are coated with silver or something.

Actually, USA pennies are copper from 1981 and back, however only about half are copper in 1982, and past that they are various useless metals. The government has been removing the copper coins as they like gold and silver are considered a precious metal (why do you think people strip abandoned buildings of the copper piping and wires) It is worth more than the coins value.

Just fyi. Been collecting 1981 and older coinds forever, 1982 is a waste of time as I do not like to sit there and cut coins, plus it defaces it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Erad3

Exactly how old are you?
No, I mean really.
C'mon man, for real
Read up on fiat money, that s money not based on any actual valuble substance.
There is no 'world currency' because there is world competition. That's why you dont look for or value or intend to become 'world pussy'. Interestingly enough though, in time some day you'll learn that the two are closely related

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by Erad3

Exactly how old are you?
No, I mean really.
C'mon man, for real
Read up on fiat money, that s money not based on any actual valuble substance.
There is no 'world currency' because there is world competition. That's why you dont look for or value or intend to become 'world pussy'. Interestingly enough though, in time some day you'll learn that the two are closely related

The age is irrelevant to the subject that is being conversed.
Don't ever ask the age of a person and you'll be fine!

Why do you disturb this topic by being prejudice ?

All United State coins are a currency.
A United States Pennie is a United States coin.
Therefore, a United States Pennie is a currency.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
since this is in the philo and meta sub forum im going to go in the way of meta to answer this question.

there are currents and an update of currents called currency. it is impossible to impose infinite currency from finite currents.it is not impossible to have infinite currency from finite currents as long as the imposition and "update" of a current is infinite in loop.

edit to add:

that your posts are weird; while not bad i think the communication barrier is going to be an issue.i comprehend the pretext of your type but i fear my reply will be as lost as paradise in sahara.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Erad3

Firstly we are not conversing, that would require both speech and you chosing to be in a receptive mode.
Second, All honest , responsible men of good character are my brothers. Notice anything regarding color in that descriptor? And prejudice is only a definition, prejudiCED describes a person who makes judgment without evaluation. Tossing out a word you dont even fully comprehend is not an automatic debate winner here.
Age does matter, With age and experience one learns how the world and reality work. Children live in a fantasy world, and some never grow out of it.
To this matter lets consider your premises, the discussion is about currency, so one must understand that currency is only a representative of value. If you have a dollars worth of value but generate a hundred dollars worth of paper promises by rights you can expect the value to be one one hundredth of a dollar, and if you fix it at that rate but print a thousand more promises of value, you have done what govt and bankers do which is to make a promise but then change the rules for your own benefit. If there is no value then the currency loses significance. It's clear by your thinking, that you think value is and should be decreed by a big mamma govt. Like money with regard to value, when a government loses touch with reality and becomes criminally negligent its value degrades rapidly regardless of the numbers printed on it. Govts are not decreed from a deity, they are a collection of (usually) flawed and especially manipulative men who for the most part intend to profit out of proportion to those they claim to represent. US money was more valued world wide because the value represented against others was more sound and realistic, but that is changing because it is being inflated by printing more but based on nothing.
As to yourself, your avatar depicts a tagger, one who is so bereft of intrinsic value evident to others that he vandalizes the property of others to make himself visible and feel like he matters, even if in a negative way, and generally degrades the community. that taggers tend to steal their paint adds to the subversive, self centered childish and destructive nature of their thought process and general philosophy. That you feel that govt as practiced resonates with your thinking and deserves unthinking allegiance to the MEN who claim to represent leadership by way of a cult of personality rather than adherence to the rules speaks volumes about YOUR social consciousness and respect for the productivity of others in your community.,
If you are able, please read up about zimbabwe and what the effect of one craven brotha who breaks the rules of reality to create a paradise for him while destroying the lives of millions intentionally by printing money based on nothing but the desires of govt. This is what you want for yourself, now isnt it?
Now who's 'prejudice'?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
since this is in the philo and meta sub forum im going to go in the way of meta to answer this question.

there are currents and an update of currents called currency. it is impossible to impose infinite currency from finite currents.it is not impossible to have infinite currency from finite currents as long as the imposition and "update" of a current is infinite in loop.

edit to add:

that your posts are weird; while not bad i think the communication barrier is going to be an issue.i comprehend the pretext of your type but i fear my reply will be as lost as paradise in sahara.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Ausar]

Wish to describe what is weird?

If tribes are hidden on the earth then the currency is different by means of location.
There are tribes hidden on the earth.
Nonetheless, the currency is different by means of location.

If there's one world language to communicate with then we're able to communicate with every human through one language.
We're not able to communicate with every human through one language.
Therefore, there isn't one language to communicate with.

If the person or group creates one currency then there's an infinite possibility to choose from for the society's currency.
The person or group creates a currency.
However, There's an infinite possibility to choose from for the society's currency.

If I make a purchase with the common currency in a certain location then the purchase for the sale with a common currency is in use.
I make a purchase with the common currency in a certain location.
Finally, the purchase for the sale with a common currency is in use.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cd20ee909a2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16d5166515e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe this picture could help with an argument.

There has to be control of the currency and language that is in use.

I notice the unborn children of the world that are yet to come.
I notice the children that are coming into the world as of now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join