It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

I'll be the first to admit that the title is a little misleading but so be it if it gets this issue more attention. What he says is true. The only thing lacking in the interview are statements on the facts. Thats where the thread comes in. I've tried to bring out the facts in this post and so far I dont see anyone in disagreement. That in itself is rewearding but what would be really rewarding is if this wakes up at least one person who has been asleep. I tried an OP that was honest with my point of view but I found that if you express doubt about anything you say in the initial post, nobody takes part in the discussion. So shoot me, telling a white lie has resulted in good participation ad at least a couple of peoples eyes that I know of that are now open.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

A little information on Cambridge House: Cambridge House International

About Cambridge House International Inc.
Founded in 1995 Cambridge House International Inc. has grown to be the world leader in producing resource investment conferences, specifically in the mineral exploration sector. The conferences are held throughout North America and bring together the industry in efficient two-day events. Exhibitors are made up of public companies involved with mineral exploration, oil & gas, clean technology along with media, and service providers. Attendance attracts a mix of novice to expert retail, accredited and institutional investors. Top CEO’s, hedge fund managers, newsletter writers, trends forecasters, geologists, investing celebrities and industry analysts deliver strong messages and knowledge from behind the podiums to educate and inform these investors. The conferences are a monumental place for networking, investment discovery, education and enjoyment!

If you google them you'll see that the folks they interview are generally high ranking and respected in their field. This accentuates the shock that interviewer must have felt when she couldnt ddiscredit the guy she was interviewing.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

If I had to just take a guess as to what they would do while everyone is sweating and wringing their hands over the economy.....My guess would be...More right stripping legislation quietly passed without public knowledge. You know house bill H.R. 347 was passed and signed into law before most people even knew what it did...NDAA was let "out of the bag" as it went to the POTUS's desk... I have little doubt there are new House and Senate Bills in the works to chip a little bit more away from the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...they just need "the people" distracted a little while so they can get it hammered into law before anyone knows it.

The economy is a sham and all the talk of "improvement" since 07/08 has been trumped and hyped...as far as most people I know...the "great recession" is still in full swing, it never actually ended. Only the bankers and the brokers seem to be "improving" their portfolios and holdings. The average worker has prob lost a job or two, had to take wages that he can barely survive on or needs GOV handouts to feed and shelter themselves...and they called this f'ing tragedy a "recovery"?

My point was, when the right hand has your attention, better look quick to see what the left hand is doing...but prob too late when you realize it...you pocket has already been picked.
edit on 2/10/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Did a similar thread this morning - there's lots of evidence for what the Op is saying:

TextThis Is It! China Surpasses U.S. As Number One Global Trading Power

www.activistpost.com...

also the start of something here too:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yes the SHTF scenario is very close!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow, that's scary stuff, especially the part about USA taking over Canada once SHTF. That put my panties in a bunch. Seriously, it did. Lol. Lets hope that doesn't happen. Anyone also notice buddy might have sampled some of that flower he was referring too in the video?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

That "flower" wont be a controlled substance anymore when SHTF. They wont have the money to control it anymore!! Could be that mass legalization of it will take place to "dumb down" the population as a last resort!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If economic Armageddon comes, metal coinage wont get you far for long in the 21 first century. Some system of trade/barter will develop and rule. Only when civil society come back can metal coinage or paper be used. You are wasting your today's money on inflated coinage or gold even. You better develop a skill/skills and Fast and you better have a plan to used them skills as a barter. True Story.

Seniors with no family might as well plan on checking out as the life span with drop to 50-60 max. Unless you can prove your wisdom worthy in some way.

Metals to make ammunition and knives or just simply stockpiling these items will be worth much more if you have the power to hang on to them. That is if, economic Armageddon is contained and were not invaded and all put in to death camps.

You would be much better served in saving learning material and learning skills that make you valuable vs. stockpiling unknown wealth.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Please bear in mind that we live in a finite biosphere. The growth that the world is experiencing is crazy and unsustainable. And it is exactly this growth that fuels the [false] economy. Growth (and the necessary debt) is what keeps the rich rich and the poor poor. Growth must stop. The 'measure' of the economy must not be GDP or growth related. Indeed, look at the word economy - it implies efficiency and little waste. Yet it is measured by how much crap we can produce - hence the talk of China having a booming economy. Built for obsolescence - filling up the rubbish tips, using the worlds finite resources equals a great economy????? Crazy! Stop the growth, aim for quality, and most important keep up the humanity. People need to be fulfilled - sometimes that means having a job, sometimes its much more. But these days jobs and their pay do not equate, because of growth. More babies, more mouths to feed, more desperation - so yes sir, i'll work for 2c an hour. Gotta feed my 15 kids.

Everything else is a distraction. The world is over populated, and we are brainwashed into *knowing* that there is nothing more important than the economy, and that is fueled by growth.

From now on, you must shudder when you hear the news talk about the economy. Your health, the food you eat, the air you breathe and the people you love are important - not the economy. The best thing that can happen to us - the people - is an economic downturn/disaster whereby money devalues the rich stop waving power over us.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

Very good point. In the immediate term, during preciptous collapse, precious metal will serve to buy survival neccessities while they still exist. Moreso than wheelbarrows full of dollars. Once the stores and services shut down, then skills and self defense along with a good strategy will define who survives.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I think this guy is telling it like he sees it and the lady talking head is putting the company talking points back at him. He seems like a smart and knowledgeable guy to me from his presentation and my knowledge of the crap position the US is in as far as unsustainable debt and pissing everyone in the world off.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
When the MSM starts to get behind something, I immediately suspect a disinformation and propaganda campaign in the works..

Exactly... please. It will likely take some kind of collapse to get it through our heads that money and finances do not equate to our happiness or the happiness of the planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Surely the American Empire's clock began to tick when it invaded Afghanistan. You do know what they say about Afghanistan, right? That it is "the graveyard of Empires"....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1
GET YA MONEY OF THE BANK!!! I ALREADY DID!!!!
but for real we all knew a major collapse was coming. I live in europe and just look at the status here. The SHTF in Greece, Spain, Italy. In the Netherlands another bank (SNS) got a bailout. Only 3 banks are left but they will fall 2 sooner or later. The whole world is in the crapper financial. I just hope people are not gonna flip out when all comes crashing down. But looking at how people act these days it looks like riots and killing is gonna be the main thing when SHTF on a global scale.

We pulled our money out of the bank years ago. I don't think many people believe that this is coming. We've been ramping up our food supplies the past three months.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sasqwatcher
The collapse is coming and the ptb know it, which is why they're buying all the ammo they can.

And practicing their suburban war games in black hawks over American cities.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I think a lot of people will go crazy when they cannot access their fast food. Many of our young people don't cook and or do not know how to. Some have no idea how vegetables grow in the ground, let alone eat them. One of the best things we can do for our younger generations is teach them how to grow food and can their yield.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I think this guy is telling it like he sees it and the lady talking head is putting the company talking points back at him. He seems like a smart and knowledgeable guy to me from his presentation and my knowledge of the crap position the US is in as far as unsustainable debt and pissing everyone in the world off.

I struggled to find information otherwise. I really wanted to believe that there would be a recovery. Part of me was in denial. No more. Short of them wiping out debt and giving the central banks the finger, this is only going to get worse for us regular folk.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Wise words. A big part of the challenge will be to obtain and hold ground on which to grow food. I think in the short term there is real value to recognizing what grows wild and will sustain us. Longer term we will need to band together in groups. Historically those who create alliances survive. The days of individualism will be gone.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I also think this collapse is going to happen.Currency wars going on and all this stuff in the middle east and the economy in Europe is terrible.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife
If economic Armageddon comes, metal coinage wont get you far for long in the 21 first century. Some system of trade/barter will develop and rule. Only when civil society come back can metal coinage or paper be used. You are wasting your today's money on inflated coinage or gold even. You better develop a skill/skills and Fast and you better have a plan to used them skills as a barter. True Story.

Seniors with no family might as well plan on checking out as the life span with drop to 50-60 max. Unless you can prove your wisdom worthy in some way.

Metals to make ammunition and knives or just simply stockpiling these items will be worth much more if you have the power to hang on to them. That is if, economic Armageddon is contained and were not invaded and all put in to death camps.

You would be much better served in saving learning material and learning skills that make you valuable vs. stockpiling unknown wealth.

Well put, and star my friend.
The meltdown is indeed inevitable... I have for the last 20+ years been saving
rough and measuring tools, crude machine elements and some small array
of raw materials for a gradual rebuilding if we survive. Saleable skills are the
new currency and barter the inevitable system as we hit bottom. When you
(rhetorically) have spent a lifetime fixing what's broken, you come in handy
even with a pulse and a cup of coffee.
I can hope we all make it, but I've been called a fool before by the powerful.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by jimmiec

I started out democrat when I was old enough to vote. Then went independent even though I knew the system was rigged/broken. A real vote for change this last cycle would have been a vote for the ones that were prevented from getting coverage from the MSM. We as a people failed because so many are asleep.

This is historic. The decline and fall of western civilization will be in history books one day. I just wonder who will be telling the story.

Probably North Korea!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
More and more the mainstream media is including talk of global collapse. The question now if not if, but when it will happen.

Consider the video below. The interviewer tries to get something positive out of this guy buy fails. Then she turns to framing him as a paranoid loon. If you are paying attention to the news, this guy is exactly right. There is no way for a recovery and stories put out by the government try to hide that in bogus numbers.

He's right Japan is going to be a ghost town. Next few years people are going to be dropping like flies. Fukashima is a silent killer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join