page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
He looked to stoned to be believable.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nah, as Loughner tried to explain in his "Infinite Source Of Currency!?!?" thread here on ATS. The economy, the dollars value etc... will always be exactly what they decide to say it is. It's not unlike mentioning that gas will go up on the national news. It causes oil futures to become the best investment on earth overnight. Competitive devaluation is what we see in play today my friend. You need only read about the Currency War during the Great Depression to see whats in play.

The massive Inflation, the housing mess etc...etc... have all been engineered affairs. Just ask Texas they saw the housing mess coming and even put laws on the books to stop the bogus lending practices in their state.

Ask yourself how a nation could better compete with cheap Chinese labor?? I guess a crash would see US labor on par with China overnight, so who knows you may be right. That said a substantial devaluation is one of the most "traumatic" policies a government can adopt – it almost always resulted in cries of outrage and calls for the government to be replaced. Maybe that's why they want our guns huh?

Infinite Source Of Currency!?!?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Currency war, also known as competitive devaluation
en.wikipedia.org...

The prospect of a crash is scary! America would go down fast if we could not field our fleets of tankers, food delivery vehicles etc... I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure our dependence on foreign food stuffs is at an all time high.

Personally, I think countries that engage in Currency Wars should face the full might of the US war machine! I dont want to see my babies starving!
edit on 10-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
While I agree that collapse is imminent, I also am confused as to when it might occur. Living in Texas adds to my confusion, because over the years of the recession, my husband and I have done very well. We are thriving actually.

It makes me nervous because while other people cannot feed their families in other states, we are selling our perfectly good house making a good amount of equity and about to build a new one on a few acres. It scares me because while I see everything as great, maybe we shouldn't invest in a new place since it's a huge financial risk when I look outside our little bubble.

I just feel like the facts don't lie about our country's status, but while I'm experiencing the opposite in this economy, it's hard to run and hide. If it is going to collapse anyway, why not enjoy life until then and be a little prepared at the same time?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People have been talking about a collapse of the US since they day it was formed. And it has been through some hard times. And these times are not even close to hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can't help but feel that many here are practically salivating for a "collapse" on an epic scale. Why? Who knows.. to say "Ha ha conspiracy nuts were right!".. or maybe so they can finally get some use out of that BoB.. or show off their survival skills. Typical fare around here, especially on this forum. A collapse is not a done deal. It's sad how many people just give up on their country (after berating it and hating on it for years or decades). You give up? Cool.. move away then. Go to that happy Utopia that must exist somewhere that isn't here.

And even if a financial meltdown greater than the last occurs, the country will bounce back imo. And many powerful empires lasted long beyond 200 years. Read up on your history. And even though many powerful countries stayed in power for 400, 500 or even 900 years, this is a new age. It's not as if barbarians are going to overrun our country (like what happened with Rome).

If you really want to experience collapse on a grand scale.. move to a country where it is already falling apart. You can have your dream life then, instead of wishing it upon our country on a weekly basis.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
People can say what they want but this man is spot on. Western Society which includes the US will collapse, they knew the eventual outcome back in the 1930s. It's not natural (for lack of a better word) to think there's longevity for a society based on DEBT. There will never be enough money for DEBT which is based in GREED why? The demand for more will continue to increase until it's all consuming so there will only be one possible outcome, it's failure.

However I disagree with him on the poop hitting the fan in a couple of years, he's being overly optimistic. It can be any day, any week, any month that's just how bad it is. I know there are many people in denial about the condition of things and that's fine they can sit on the notion and pretend. It's their prerogative.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's not as if barbarians are going to overrun our country (like what happened with Rome).

If you really want to experience collapse on a grand scale.. move to a country where it is already falling apart. You can have your dream life then, instead of wishing it upon our country on a weekly basis.

This country is falling apart no need to move away to find such a situation. The difference is this country can still create the illusion everything is functioning. I understand the point your making but unfortunately barbarians had been running this country for a very long time and that's why the financial madness is happening.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife
If economic Armageddon comes, metal coinage wont get you far for long in the 21 first century. Some system of trade/barter will develop and rule. Only when civil society come back can metal coinage or paper be used. You are wasting your today's money on inflated coinage or gold even. You better develop a skill/skills and Fast and you better have a plan to used them skills as a barter. True Story.

Seniors with no family might as well plan on checking out as the life span with drop to 50-60 max. Unless you can prove your wisdom worthy in some way.

Metals to make ammunition and knives or just simply stockpiling these items will be worth much more if you have the power to hang on to them. That is if, economic Armageddon is contained and were not invaded and all put in to death camps.

You would be much better served in saving learning material and learning skills that make you valuable vs. stockpiling unknown wealth.

Do people not realize that by buying gold/silver if the SHTF it will all be confiscated by the idiots in charge? They will just come and take it, and all that money you invested will be money wasted in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

I just hope people are not gonna flip out when all comes crashing down.

That is what they are working out to prevent when they extend the mirage just a bit more over the horizon. People WILL flip out but most importantly governments will be forced to flip out (notice when he did that the US will come after Canada's resources, even that is a possibility). In the end people will go medieval with politicians, heads will literally roll, the only change is that they will be heads of the new aristocracy and nobility.

Only a literal miracle, something "out of this world" could prevent the coming meltdown, I'm still amazed on the effort that is being done to push it back without consequences to future generations, all things point that a coordinated and immediate soon than later would be best for all (just not for those with blame in the issue), hence the present situation...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
People have been talking about a collapse of the US since they day it was formed. And it has been through some hard times. And these times are not even close to hard.

Look around and tell me what you see...........I see a country filled with liars and apathy is the rule not the exception. I also see immigrants who could care less about being American. And to even question that is considered racist.

The people could care less about ideas they blindly follow a path laid before them paved in arrogance. Why should we even look outside the two part system the fools think.

The lowest wage earners are about to be rendered obsolete by inflation. They will not be able to feed themselves in another years time. Will they bail all of them out or raise wages.

Finally look at the children of today all the way up until young adults. I call them the I always win generation. In sheltering them from the madness of the cruel world there parents have truly failed them. Many are still living in the basement afraid to face the world living in a never world of the internet and "MAOI" drugs.

When you add this all up what do you see? I see EPIC FAILURE. It could be tomorrow or 5 years but it will fail.
edit on 11-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by jimmiec

I argued in other posts that we would have been better off putting the GOP in office simply because it would have sped up the decline. The Liberals will make it a slow painful death. Dont be under the illusion that either party could fix this. The numbers involved are simply too big. THe official number is 16 trillion but the hidden numbers are more than double that. If you just take the 16 trillion then consider this. If you try to count to 16 trillian, one number a second, you will be counting for over 500,00 or half a million years...

Thers no way mathematically for them to dig out of this. Simply no way. Zero.

The countdown clock is ticking

edit on 10-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

Hey this is the same reason why I voted for Bush Jr 2nd term. I figured the masses would wake up to the Bs sooner than later. But here we are 8 years later and most are still alseep.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Many people do but many people do not know better or are to panicked to think strait... The Gold and Silver wagon ended in ~2009 now the prices are extremely high to compensate the investment in something that will probably be confiscated in a large portion. People should invest in land, land even if they take it from you at some stage in the process there will be a chance to be compensated or have it returned and they will only go after the most productive lands, but taxes on land will continue to get higher, it is just safer and will at least do some good if you are planing for the future of your next generations. Antiques should be also a safe harbor they get most of the value with the passing of time, just avoid inconsistent collectibles or fads and stick to the things that always have value paintings or renounced authors, first editions of books, even coinage will have historic value...

The only issue with antiques is that the market to sell them will be contracting for a long time (but time has value), so it depends on how long it takes and how diversely you have spread your capital.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Go to a coin show and ask for a price on US "junk" silver coins. That is the key phrase to them showing you the lowest price silver (above spot price). Spot is the price of an ounce of silver on the stock market when it closed the previous day. The above spot is their mark up for their profit margin. It should be no more than 5% above spot.

They charge more these days. Thats why you go to a coin show. Keep looking until you find the dealer with the lowest above spot price. He'll try and sell you a "bag" of US Junk silver coins minted before 1964. Tell him you only want "x" dollars worth (whatever you can afford that day). The coins can be any denomination and should show the date so it can be read. If you can read the date that coin is not worn enough to change the weight. Discard any you can't read the date. The edge of the coin should be "ruffled" too. Run your finger along the edge to make sure the ruffles are there. Discard any that are "smooth".

Regardless of whether it is a dime or dollar the silver content will be 90%. The 10% copper is a mint add to make the coins "wear better" in circulation. Buy the more recent coins like Kennedy halves, Washington quarters and Eisenhower dimes. They are minted more recently won't have been in circulation as long and worn down less.

Buy a mix of denominations so that you can make "change" when purchasing on the black market ( after the crash). Everyone will recognize these coins as what they are:

US dated silver coin of specific content, worn from circulation but easily identifiable for what they are: real money. Also they are very hard to counterfeit.

Remember:

Coin show

US Pre 1964 silver coins of dime, quarter and half dollar denominations.

Newer mint with date and edge ridges visible. Kennedy halves, Washington quarters, Eisenhower dimes.

5% above spot on "Junk" silver coin.

Buy a little at a time each time you can go. If you find a dealer that is selling at reduced prices, buy more.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

What a legend said it how it was

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Im glad I listened to "crazy old grand pop". stocked up precious metals, a few guns, some ammo, food, water and lots of liquor and smokes. Can't deny the advice of a man who has survived 2 world wars.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
this is bs and fear mongering. the world economy is just realigning it self just like it did with the collapse of the British empire but hey look they aren't all dead and living in a dystopia , just got to deal and get over the fact we aren't always going to be number 1. stop blaming all this mess on a group of people, just look at yourself, your family, neighbor and friends, we have become lazy fat and stupid and feel entitled. i have no idea how to live in a world where im not taken care of and not having to lift a finger for myself, this is the same case of millions of other young adults we can only blame our selves and parents.

but we are heading to ruin if we think consuming and consuming will fix all our problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm not economy savvy, so I wanted to ask how can the USA collaps if the dollar isn't worse than it was just 1 year ago?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
my only problem with all this doom saying is that it all comes down to like 2 or 3 banks that are controlling world debt. how a commercial entity can crash an entire country that can tell it to go to hell or even confiscate their banks.. is beyond me.. if the powers that be let the US crash it will be because they want it to.. we make more money in the US (GDP)than the next 5 countries combined including china.

if we have the will of the people we can get change.. simply vote every democrat and republican that's served more than two terms out of office.

trim down the budget.
we had the FBI why did we need homeland security to do the same thing? (two organizations that do the same thing)
does the military really need a trillion dollars a year?

corporate profits are at an all time high with corporations dodging taxes from the us by holding money outside of the us.. find it. .bring it home.. fine the companies that are doing it. i dont care which company it is.. NO MORE LOOPHOLES pay your taxes!

tax the derivative market its value is crazy.. a 1% tax fixes our financial crisis..

fix tax loop holes for citizens.. no more getting a 5800.00 tax refund check for those who only put in 1000.00 in taxes.. a child credit means you should get UP TO a 2500 cash return credit if you turned that much in.. not you turn in 500.00 and get 2500.00 back.

Last but not least if we can afford a 7-12% sales tax from local/state then their is nothing wrong with accepting a 1-2% additional sales tax from federal.. what does this do? it actually allows you to get money from non tax paying people who live here. so we get a broader tax base for revenues..

last but not least democrats and republicans need to be sent a message enough messing with our future.. withhold donations, dont vote for either side and generally put in more independents than either party who wont just go along to get along.. for at least one term session make them the minority, vote every sitting member with more than 1 term out.

You know its great to argue about gay rights, abortion, healthcare, and all the other social issues that we need addressed.. but we gotta have a country strong enough to stand on its feet to have those discussions.

lets go 1 step further.. im all for a 1% temporary tax on ALL TRADES that deal with stocks, commodities pretty much the whole financial market.. i have no problem that bob who makes 700,000.00 a year might get a 5% profit for a few years vs a 6% profit (or higher i dont care of the real number) this spreads out the pain to everyone not just one section and their is no dodging it.. it would fix our financial crisis
edit on 11-2-2013 by McTurbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I keep hearing talk on the streets and even on the local news about the possibility of Texas (where I live) seceding the Union. You can't drive on the freeway without seeing a few "Secede" bumper stickers. As the U.S. economy continues to decline, many people around here are realizing that it shouldn't be affecting us so strongly. Most of the crops and livestock which are grown in this state wind up being shipped to other states, and we import their foodstuff. All it does is drive up prices to create unnecessary jobs, as will as ensure our dependence on surrounding states. Between our ports, offshore oil rigs, the forementioned food industries, and commerce with countries to the south, many feel that we could easily secure our own economy if freed from the debts and rule of the Federal government. On the other hand, we're stuck with Rick Perry, and nobody wants him in charge of a country. Not to mention what happened last time a state seceded; nobody wants another war.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
I keep hearing talk on the streets and even on the local news about the possibility of Texas (where I live) seceding the Union. You can't drive on the freeway without seeing a few "Secede" bumper stickers. As the U.S. economy continues to decline, many people around here are realizing that it shouldn't be affecting us so strongly. Most of the crops and livestock which are grown in this state wind up being shipped to other states, and we import their foodstuff. All it does is drive up prices to create unnecessary jobs, as will as ensure our dependence on surrounding states. Between our ports, offshore oil rigs, the forementioned food industries, and commerce with countries to the south, many feel that we could easily secure our own economy if freed from the debts and rule of the Federal government. On the other hand, we're stuck with Rick Perry, and nobody wants him in charge of a country. Not to mention what happened last time a state seceded; nobody wants another war.

well secede, we all should do that but we can't... the infrastructure and other # is bound already, california, new york, texas and other states make the economy for this country, f mississippi, proud aholes who accosted me for having an accent even though i was born in the US cali, by the way owe the most, I can't wait for states to secede it will be wonderful to see other states that wanna do the same thing but can't finance themselves.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join