It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former airline pilot and conspiracy theorist 'shot dead his two teenage children and his dog before

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

This incident reminds me of the General Manager of WDRC in Hartford who in 1992 took his wife on a flight, deliberately crashed the plane, shot her and then himself... Instead of getting a divorce.

It happened in 1991. And I don't see the similarities. Of course murder suicides happen, the world is full of unhappy and desperate people. I think it is intellectually lazy to assume these cases are the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
But aren't there still many very popular conspiracy theorists around that they haven't taken out?

People like Alex Jones.

I've never heard of this guy so it seems they are taking out small potatoes and leaving the big ones?

I don't understand the logic behind that.

Alex Jones is a disinfo agent, not a conspiracy theorist. He's safe and well-protected so that he can do 'their' bidding.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This time they are basically telling you its a conspiracy.
Physiological war fare.

Dont talk about 9/11 or you will DIE!!!

Dont be afraid of death our future depends on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by vkey08

This incident reminds me of the General Manager of WDRC in Hartford who in 1992 took his wife on a flight, deliberately crashed the plane, shot her and then himself... Instead of getting a divorce.

It happened in 1991. And I don't see the similarities. Of course murder suicides happen, the world is full of unhappy and desperate people. I think it is intellectually lazy to assume these cases are the same.

91 wow.. ok.. I was off a year (I worked for him at DRC at the time was there until 93) s

Well you'd have to know what Korsen was involved in to know the similarities, he was very into conspiracies and the like, an outspoken critic of the Gulf War and the fact that we even went in in the first place, his wife was getting ready to leave him over it..

Some similarities.. Although 20 someodd years later, it's reduced to a notation and footnote..

I do think it's rather rude however, to keep referring to other posters myself included as somehow intellectually lacking because we don't share the same opinions as you..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Physiological war fare.

Plenty of people have talked about 9/11 though and they're still alive. This forum probably wouldn't exist if no one was allowed to talk about 9/11 or any other "government cover ups"

And I don't see why killing the dog is indicative of an assassination plot, often when people go completely off the rails and decide to kill their families and themselves, they are doing it in the mistaken belief that everyone will be better off dead and the chances are that they would include the family pet as part of the group, it's no different to many of the other family murder/suicides that tragically do happen all the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Remember decades ago, in the 1980s (earlier?) the Soviets blasted microwaves into the US embassy in Moscow such that it greatly effected the minds of the workers? Given that technology actually worked and was implemented in real time, jump forward to the last decade or so and imagine how a greatly improved version of that technique could be used upon any undesirables, "friend" or foe.

The perfect crime.

Look we know naturally ill schizos frequently "hear voices" that drive them to do all manner of crimes to others and even to themselves. We know that microwave technology can now beam messages into individual person's heads. In the early days, proximity was a problem. The Soviets used nearby buildings to stage their attacks. Today, that can be done from a distance using a combination of generators zeroed in on one individiual to make one coherent signal.

I'm not saying that this is what happened in this case, but murdering American citizens is clearly never has been a problem for the government. The only problem they have is how to do it so it doesn't look like murder--unless you are Obama and simply pick names off a list for the drones to attack.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Did the guy show any signs or have any records of mental illness or treatment for a mental illness. That is the evidence you need before you can make any hypotheticals concerning a hit man or a government black ops cover up.

Paranoia will make you do things you normally wouldn't. The Fear and Anxiety of it will cripple your critical and rational thinking skills.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

How vocal an opponent of the Iraq invasion was he? Also I read that he was a bit of a tyrant, and was not well liked. I could see a power hungry husband killing a wife that he can no longer control. Marshall IMO does not resemble Korsen. Perhaps you could source some information that would show similarities between these two tragedies.

And yes....I think it is intellectual laziness to make a tragedy the total sum of another tragedy.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well maybe those people were unalert people. If someone opens the front door downstairs when I am asleep, I hear it and wake up, let alone a violent noise like a gunshot, or a glass being dropped. Probably has a lot to do with where they lived, urban and suburban areas are frikken noisy as hell. All I am used to hearing is the soft hoot of the owls, some frogs and some crickets. In the winter, it's dead silence, except for the occasional moose or coyote call in the distance. I have heard a gunshot inside before, it rang my ears really good.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by vkey08

How vocal an opponent of the Iraq invasion was he? Also I read that he was a bit of a tyrant, and was not well liked. I could see a power hungry husband killing a wife that he can no longer control. Marshall IMO does not resemble Korsen. Perhaps you could source some information that would show similarities between these two tragedies.

And yes....I think it is intellectual laziness to make a tragedy the total sum of another tragedy.

I am not going to source out my personal opinion because you think I should? What is with all this superiority complex posting going around lately? It's an opinion, mine, nothing more, you are entitled to yours, you are however saying i'm not entitled to mine, noone is making one tragedy the total sum of another, there are always differences, in this case I see a similarity because of working with the person and knowing them, there's no written sourcing of my opinion of the man from the early 90's, well unless you count my notes from the time that I wrote out to the Bloomfield PD when they asked, but those would be long gone by now. My point is, your'e reading way too much into my comment if you think for one moment i'm saying they are 100% identical, just that strange things have happened, people snap, and whatever the reason, it's not an unusual situation, there are murder/suicides every single day, and some are even of people that are in the public eye and/or have strong opinions, and because this guy was affiliated with 9/11 you think it's somehow intellectually lacking to think anything other than massive conspiracy. What if he just finally snapped? No that could never happen, he was an outspoken 9/11 person, they don't snap..

Anyhow, Dick himself was not hard to work with or for, however his wife UB was was pain in the rear end, she was the tyrant, not him, she ran the promotions department and made everyone in the place do her bidding, honestly noone was really upset to not have to deal with her anymore, however a lot of people in the building were more than a little put off by the fact that he was no longer around. I can see where some employees would have not liked working for Dick, but I always found him fun, and willing to listen. Example: I needed a week off, personal matter, asked my immediate supervisor and got turned down, asked Dick and he made it happen, without even batting an eyelash, he understood, explained it better than I could, and well.

Anyhow, I have seen way too many people lately be crass, short and otherwise treat other posters with very rude and condescending nastiness, and it's really starting to grate on my nerves.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Agarta

Sad story.......but surely if his book contained any embarrassing truths and he was a target for shadowy agencies then they would have taken him out before his book was published..

Yes, I see your point, however, it is also a great way for TPTB to use him as a reason to "stop this type of people before they hurt someone". Perhaps the information that was in the book was acceptable to let out as long as there was a good payoff.
Personally, I think that they calculated the scenario and decided that if they tried to prevent the books printing, it would garner more credibility than by letting it out. It also puts a warning out to the conspiracy community who know full well that he was offed.
That of course is simply a thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Physiological war fare.

Plenty of people have talked about 9/11 though and they're still alive. This forum probably wouldn't exist if no one was allowed to talk about 9/11 or any other "government cover ups"

And I don't see why killing the dog is indicative of an assassination plot, often when people go completely off the rails and decide to kill their families and themselves, they are doing it in the mistaken belief that everyone will be better off dead and the chances are that they would include the family pet as part of the group, it's no different to many of the other family murder/suicides that tragically do happen all the time.

Google targeted individual.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I Did not mean to offend you, only challenge. The discussions on this thread range from opinion, informed and uninformed speculations and a bit of fact. I like looking for fact, so when someone has an opinion I always like to know the basis of that opinion, gaining additional perspective is a good thing....Yes?

So far the fact that Marshall was exposing what turns out to be the actual non-official truth of the 9-11 cover up, along with the facts of his experience and knowledge as a pilot in and out of government just does not allow me to draw comparisons, and I will continue to challenge any comparisons made to random murder suicides.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Obama did say 911 is over and done with end of story, forget about it.

How were this guys books sales good or bad, maybe the publisher did it to boost interest in failed book?

So was good or bad, I'm going to buy it now.
edit on 10-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

From reading the reviews of his book, I'd say it would be a good investment. I'll be listening to his Coast to Coast interview later. So far I find Marshall one of the most credible and damaging thorns in the side of TPTB.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Unless he had come across more information that they TPTB didn't want released, which is unlikely, he probably had some mental illness. It is very sad, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In terms of a motive, the guy could have been working on a follow up work and/or approached by a whistleblower with new information/evidence. I guess we'll never know for sure either way.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
All I can really offer is a "me too" kinda comment.....It does seem awfully suspicious to go through the trouble of killing the dog. Even Benoit didn't kill his dogs he just left a cryptic message to Rey Mysterio to check on the dogs. Timing this with the slew of other people that seem to mysteriously die right after getting under the governement's skin and it starts to paint a very dark and sinister picture in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
EP Heidner. Anyone wanting the truth about 9/11 should read his amazing research:

Collateral Damage: Black Eagle Fund Trust

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Ah, the deaths as sending a message to the Senators! Hmmmmmm, plausible. As posters have noted, Philip Marshall was not a well known 9-11 conspiracy theorist, but it turns out he most likely got the truth out there. If I am correct, and sometimes I am
, at the time of writing his first book, False Flag, he was unaware of the Arizona connection. It was his last book that tied up the unknowms into the probable scenario.

I hear ya re the litany of 9-11 theories. Even if it were an "inside job", the theories sounded more like from a super heroes comic book or Hollywood. I had a PhD mathematician trying to convince me of explosives, complete with equations.

You know, maybe that something that wasn't quite right about 9-11 struck some of us, and we all responded, like that mathematician, with what personally made sense. Personally, I will share this ... it is my last post on this thread.

At this C-SPAN link is the video and transcript of Mr. Marshall in August of last year at an ALPA event directing a question to Mr. Pistole (from TSA and formerly FBI).

While other 9-11 conspiracy theorists are probably laughed at, I imagine Mr. Marshall was taken seriously, by people who knew either the truth or that something wasn't quite right about 9-11.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join