It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former airline pilot and conspiracy theorist 'shot dead his two teenage children and his dog before

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I can see the "silence the voice angle" to be certain.

That is all I see. I am always careful not to segregate folks based upon what the mental health industry has diagnosed us with, they have an appalling track record. We are all made up of different things.

I think that a read of his book is in order. I would think that if he were onto an angle that made sense to those that have a hard time connecting the dots (most of the earths population) he could be seen as a threat, and therefore set as an example for anyone that may want to connect the dots in the future.

Murder suicides are usually about emotional desperation. Anyone that has the stamina for that type of research and enough drive to publish his findings, tends to be fairly sturdy. Also a pretty slick way to discredit his work.

I think we should all be suspicious of this until other wise proven. It's how we are dealt with at large by the powers. I think that it is high time we turn the tables.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Another whistleblower gets "suicided".

Why would be shoot the dog too?

Sounds fishy as hell if you ask me.....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
But aren't there still many very popular conspiracy theorists around that they haven't taken out?

People like Alex Jones.

I've never heard of this guy so it seems they are taking out small potatoes and leaving the big ones?

I don't understand the logic behind that.

Alex jones is a neocon globalist puppet. He's on their payroll, they provide him with psychotic amphetamine based stimulants and let him talk on the radio so he can agree with every single conspiracy that anyone comes up with. He runs on nothing but propaganda and the loopyjuice they give him. He spreads the disinformation like butter and tells everyone it is their patriotic duty to distrust the government - which comes across as so crazy that he inevitably makes people disagree with him and ultimately realise his agenda.

But is it ?

No, they won't take out Jones.. He's far too valuable an asset.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How can this be breaking news when there is already a 5 day old thread?

ATS

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Here's a (not so) wacky theory for you...

Phillip Marshall offed himself and his family in the hopes that the conspiracy folks would instantly jump to the conclusion that he was murdered because of his book. This part at least, is true. Just read the responses so far.

Thusly, to these conspiracy folk, his theories become validated and the already growing distrust in the government grows a little more.

What a sick, twisted individual it was that pulled the trigger...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I think what gets me on this story is that, if he did it I am wondering what the Children were doing at the time. It is odd that all 3 were shot in the head. One would think that he could have done one that way but the second would have heard the shot or something, assuming they were home at the time of the first shot. There are only 2 ways I could see this happening and that would be if both Children decided to let their Father shoot them or one was not home when the first was shot and he ambushed the second upon their return. Another thing is that no one heard 4 shots? I just need more information.

WOW you are on to something good work. I think you need to do some more investigating because you could blow this wide open. Hopefully we can get some more info soon and find out the truth but this story reeks of something fishy. I'm thinking about traveling to Calaveras County and asking some questions but you need to keep up the good work and I think you are definitely on the right track. Be careful because they don't like people looking and finding the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I think what gets me on this story is that, if he did it I am wondering what the Children were doing at the time. It is odd that all 3 were shot in the head. One would think that he could have done one that way but the second would have heard the shot or something, assuming they were home at the time of the first shot. There are only 2 ways I could see this happening and that would be if both Children decided to let their Father shoot them or one was not home when the first was shot and he ambushed the second upon their return. Another thing is that no one heard 4 shots? I just need more information.

Or alternatively they weren't listening for gunshots and didn't recognise the threat. Also possibly they were shot in their sleep - AFAIK the "official time of death" at the time of autopsy is being given as 3pm - which is when they were discovered, and they had sent out text messages the night before.

Sadly, murder/suicides including children are common enough for this to be not particularly remarkable

The guy had a long history of depression, financial problems and mental instability in general - there had been complaints of domestic and non-domestic violence against him,he had had morphine pills for pain relief in his house - he complained to police when his ex-wife took them from his house in 2008.

All in all his known history over the last several years is not a happy one.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Agarta

Here's a (not so) wacky theory for you...

Phillip Marshall offed himself and his family in the hopes that the conspiracy folks would instantly jump to the conclusion that he was murdered because of his book. This part at least, is true. Just read the responses so far.

Thusly, to these conspiracy folk, his theories become validated and the already growing distrust in the government grows a little more.

What a sick, twisted individual it was that pulled the trigger...

Switch and bait?

Why is it that people that question things are "conspiracy folks"? As soon as the government started reaching into granny's panties at the airport I began to question everything.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I find it strange that he shot his family, which you seem to accept as normal - but you question him shooting the dog???

One of the traps we tend to fall into with these things is that we try to filter the irrational through a lens of rationality - and that just doesn't work. People in an irrational state do irrational things. For example, in reading about some past murder suicide ( I think it may have been the professional wrestler Chris Benoit... but I can't clearly recall for sure ) - the stated reason for killing the kid(s) too was so that they'd all get to Heaven at the same time and never be apart. The perpetrator in that crime, Benoit or not - in his psychotic mindset - actually saw killing his own offspring as an act of mercy. Or so that's what this person told themselves to make it all palatable. Maybe in an agitated and irrational state this person had the same sort of thinking?

I have had a psychotic break and still have trouble explaining to others exactly what it is like. Not only was I not myself - but I was totally and utterly unaware that I was not myself. Only in hindsight, later on, could I begin to see how absolutely screwed up I was during that short period of time. ( FTR My psychotic break was not violence based at all. I didn't hurt anybody, including myself ).

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Is the coroners report public?
Did he commit "suicide" with two in the back of the head?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The guy had a long history of depression, financial problems and mental instability in general - there had been complaints of domestic and non-domestic violence against him,he had had morphine pills for pain relief in his house - he complained to police when his ex-wife took them from his house in 2008.

I'm still researching this guy and perhaps you can be so kind as to source these assumptions.

Amazon says about Philip Marshall: 'A veteran airline captain and former government "special activities" contract pilot, he has authored three books on Top Secret America, a group presently conducting business as the United States Intelligence Community. 'Marshall has studied and written 30-years worth of covert government special activities and the revolving door of Wall Street tricksters, media moguls, and their well funded politicians. 'He is the leading aviation expert on the September 11th attack.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... imself.html#ixzz2KSY2i1KG Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think this trumps any assumptions of any mental instability. Perhaps we should look at facts first before turning him into a paranoid psycho.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Signals

I find it strange that he shot his family, which you seem to accept as normal - but you question him shooting the dog???

One of the traps we tend to fall into with these things is that we try to filter the irrational through a lens of rationality - and that just doesn't work. People in an irrational state do irrational things. For example, in reading about some past murder suicide ( I think it may have been the professional wrestler Chris Benoit... but I can't clearly recall for sure ) - the stated reason for killing the kid(s) too was so that they'd all get to Heaven at the same time and never be apart. The perpetrator in that crime, Benoit or not - in his psychotic mindset - actually saw killing his own offspring as an act of mercy. Or so that's what this person told themselves to make it all palatable. Maybe in an agitated and irrational state this person had the same sort of thinking?

I have had a psychotic break and still have trouble explaining to others exactly what it is like. Not only was I not myself - but I was totally and utterly unaware that I was not myself. Only in hindsight, later on, could I begin to see how absolutely screwed up I was during that short period of time. ( FTR My psychotic break was not violence based at all. I didn't hurt anybody, including myself ).

It's crazy you brought up the Chris Benoit murder because I was going to bring that up after I read your first sentence. He did some really weird things like sending some really weird text's to his friends, placing bibles next to his family, and even the way he killed himself was really stange. I agree he showed mercy on his family atleast the kid but maybe his wife too by druging him up with a type of benzo and making sure he was asleep before he killed. He had some serious brain damage along with the drugs and roids, it's a shame his wife or close friends didn't see the signs. We can't get in the mindset of these killers because of obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
why is it when some one is remotely connected to something and they lose the plot and do something stupid its a big government conspiracy?seriously these things are getting beyond a joke and if i dare say it...boring.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Mr. Marshall did not write about a blanket condemnation of the United States govt or a NWO. The "inside job"s insiders were those in govt using and abusing their power to effect a high crime. Much as Ollie North etal (then VP George H W Bush) committed criminal acts in the 1980s working out of Reagan's White House.

Marshall connected dots between Saudi royalty/govt institutions and Bush/Cheney activities that go back to 1980s Central America.

This book is a compilation of official reports that disputes the Bush Administration, the Bush Intelligence Community and the American media's account of the 9/11 attack. United States Senator Bob Graham's Congressional Joint Inquiry in 2002 revealed that Saudi Arabian Intelligence agents met the 9/11 hijackers in the Los Angeles in January of 2000, harbored them and led them to 18 months of flight training in Florida and Arizona.

source about book

From the perspective of a Boeing 767 captain and former "special activities" contract pilot, Philip Marshall straps the reader into the cockpits of hijacked commercial airliners to tell the story of the most sophisticated terrorist attack in history. Based on a comprehensive ten-year study into the murders of his fellow pilots on 9/11, he explains how hijackers, novice pilots at the controls of massive guided missiles, were able to beat United States Air Force fighters to iconic targets with advanced maneuvering, daring speeds and a kamikaze finish. But, as Marshall explains, the tactical plan was so precise that it rules out car-bombers and shoe-bombers known as al Qaeda, KSM and Osama bin Laden.

Fasten your seatbelt--- the sad truth is that all of the solid evidence points to a dark collaboration between members of the Bush Administration and a covert group of Saudi government officials. This is a game changer that will finally set the record straight on the most horrific crime in US history

Saudi Intelligence WAS inside America helping to pull off 9-11. The Saudis got rid of their least favorite citizen, Osama bin Laden, and the Bush/Cheney group got Iraq and Middle East intervention.

Marshall's is indeed a sad truth, a sad horrible truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In the link that Carreau posted above to a thread written by Dextraphite( who lives in this town and was friends with Phillips Son) the local news report has some very interesting things in it.
Here are some quotes but please visit that thread.

According to an online biography, Marshall was a former government special aviation contract pilot and flew missions for the U.S. government in connection with the DEA and CIA. He wrote a book about his experiences during the Iran-Contra incident in the 1980s. Callaway said Marshall had also written two conspiracy theory books focused on 911. He made the argument that the U.S. government and Saudi Arabia were responsible for the incident, not terrorist groups, which she feels could have made him enemies in high places.
Source

DEA? CIA? 3rd book? This brings in some interesting information.

They also bring up some other questions from a closer view of the situation. Here is that thread again www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
Hmm.. this definitely sounds suspect. I know its the weekend (slow for conspiracies) but I hope the ATS detectives do some good digging and make the picture of what really happened a little bit more clear

RIP to this family.

I had the same problems with the search function not identifying Post that have already been made. While the key words are in the story, it seems as if the search is only searching titles and not the content. But if it is if seems not to work properly then.

I think there is a conspiracy to keep some from making post while allowing others to post.

NOT!!!

edit on 9-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The guy was a loser and a coward. First he kills his own children, who are innocent, then he kills the family dog.

Then he kills himself.

Loser period. He lost his mind. Loser and pathetic.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In a review of a 9-11 conspiracy book, Mr. Marshall lays it on the line in re to other 9-11 theories floating around. He did not win points with reviewers of his review, as those reviewers stuck with the fantastical theories put forth. He viewed the time and energy spent on those other theories as distractions, distractions "encouraged" to be out there. As long as those distractions were out there, no one saw the Saudi/Bush/Cheney triumvirate.

However, what the author says about Philip Zelikow, who was probably working with the conspirators, is well researched and concurs with my findings. Therefore we have the Truthers drawing off the energy of all of us who suspect an inside job, but then leading us down a garden maze into impossible, indeterminate scenarios that can never find closure -- Griffin is either knowingly or unknowingly, aiding the slickest of neocon cover-ups.

Griffin's accounts of these flights are so far-fetched and uninformed that they actually have the net effect of aiding the perpetrators.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I can see what you are saying . I guess the book will not be published or will be discredited by this act . Building 7 caused a lot of people to ask questions . The powers that be think we are stupid . This man could have been driven to do this thing or someone else could have done it for him .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join