It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear America,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I know how many people feel about these things, but that is not fighting. Fighting involves sacrifice and thus far I have not seen any hint, on the scale that can make a difference of our citizens doing something to the government that will hurt them, on either side of the pond. I think we are just getting mixed up on wording here rather than thought, I suspect we are both pretty much on the same page..

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
This is really hard for me. I mean, we've just been through so much together over the last 35 years.
Goodbye

Just had to respond....can't take anymore of the whining and misinformation or distortion of the truth towards America, while you and others close your eyes upon the atrocities, the horrors and shame of every other of the 'old' world countries.

I truly feel sorry for you. Our beautiful country won its Independence from Great Britain over 245 years ago.
No one ever seems to want to talk about the Spaniards that came to the Americas and raped and ravaged the navtives that lived here. The ignorant say "Americans came and killed native Americans" , how stupidly ignorant. They were the Europeans....before there was even an America. It is the older cultures of the world that has caused the major atrocities the world has ever known. And, they continue today, but those countries don't allow free speech, media, etc., so you don't hear about it.

Look what Hitler did? If it wasn't for America, God only knows what would have happened. Look at the Soviet Union and the oppression of its people and the countries it stole, raped and pilaged? If it wasn't for America, Russia would not have succumbed back into itself, where its citizens starve, mass corruption and a legal system that just throws people in jail, never to be heard from again.

Millions of Africans, saved from the merciless epidemic of aids, If it wasn't for America. Starving children, brutal massacre's of tribes, many saved, If it wasn't for America.

We send billions of dollars of relief across the planet to help and save people from every disaster imaginable. We are Always there to help, even our enemies, like in Pakistan when they suffered terrible earthquakes, and I do call them our enemy, they cripple their people, hide terrorists and promote instability with their Indian and Afghan neighbors.
The British, French, Romans, Greeks, Persians, oh let's not forget about China, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and every other country of the world hides the torture, the rape of its own people and the people they conquered over the centuries.

Seems like you don't like yourself. America is made up of people. We are not perfect. But to blame the ills of the world on America is ignorant. People can't even walk around their neighborhoods without wearing face masks in Beijing. Japan has robbed the planet of tuna, whales and other species, brutalized them and then threw their mutilated carcasses back into the oceans. The Jews and Palestinians continue to fight, maim,, kill innocent children, threaten peace and provoke instability so they can build their stupid apartments on land they have stolen.

South America, Thailand and many others operate in child abuse, selling slaves, torture of poor innocent children as sex slaves, never to see freedom.

I could go on and on about the horrors of every country on the face of the earth. But, for all of our problems, there is no country in the history of the world, that has done more for it's own people and the masses of the world through charity, relief and plain help.

Millions of people seek asylum here, in America. This is a beautiful country. I have traveled to every State, the people are magnificent. However, there are sick, corrupt, mean, ugly, scum out there too. They are everywhere. You can go run, hide your head in the haze of your herb induced daze and matter to no one, care about no one but your pathetic self.

You can complain and call our beautiful America every terrible thing you want. We have a history, it hasn't been perfect, we have done some bad things, some horrible things, but, I believe we have learned and continue to evolve.

We do not need you. So go. Take your ignorance of world history and find out how lucky and privileged you were to live in the greatest country this planet has ever known. No, not arrogance, not ego, just the facts.

So goodbye, you will not be missed. You have the privilege, opportunity to live in a great country where your fathers', brothers, sisters, children have fought for your sorry arse, so you can complain, whine and just be a stupid selfish brat that you are. Although I do wish you good luck, and I hope you find the utopia that you seek, however I am sick of people like you, and the more of you that choose to leave, will only make us an even greater country than what we already are!

Bulletin: The rest of us can get back to helping our neighbors after this horrific blizzard in the Northeast, Life goes on....................

Peace!! ID

edit on 9-2-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yes I think we are close to the same page.The real problem I see with a movement,is the left.The want change but can't seem to decide what change they want.

Political change

The Ron Paul Revolution

I know the right did a lot to defeat it,but if more of the left came aboard.We would have had a start.Instead many made fun of him, and stayed within party line's.The problem is with the current parties.

A Armed Revolution

Well many of the same people calling for change want to disarm us.

If someone call's out for revolution,(A.J for one) the same people call him a looney.

It won't happen until all these people with the answers to all the question's, quit whining about all the changes they want to make, and decide to shut up and pick a horse in the race.

Many people have already made a choice,but there voice is drowned out by the whiners.
edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thats why I mentioned earlier that we like a Ghandi/Luther King type figure head to get us all revved up.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

They will be laughed at too.

IN THE BEGINING.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That was amazing i only have 19 years here yet i feel the same way i can only imagine how much worse you feel since you have been here for longer, Maybe we have not fought for our America hard enough, maybe we were letting America do all the work and now it needs our help. I do feel like leaving as well but its the people running this place.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ok, I'll try and be polite and not call anyone names like some of you have done. Listen, I know I'm in the minority here and I'm fine with that. I honestly think some of you kind of missed the entire point, but that's ok as well.

To those of you who call me a coward, I can see where you're coming from, from your point of view. I will say this though, what are YOU doing? I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house.

I know there are good, intelligent people in this country who want drastic change. Lots of them. But, from where I stand, they're outnumbered about a thousand to one by ignorant, complacent people who see absolutely nothing wrong with the way things are going, and the ignorant, complacent population is growing at a much faster rate. I think the only difference between myself and some of you who are attacking me, is that I just honestly believe deep in my heart that it's too late to do anything. The entire culture of this country is shifting into something that I just no longer want to be a part of.

Those of you who don't believe it's too late, that's fine. That's great actually. I'm glad you still have hope.

I never said anywhere that other countries were perfect and haven't done horrible things as well. I just believe that there are other countries out there that are headed in the right direction and have a culture that I would be happier living in.

I wish nothing but the best for this country and its people, but in my OPINION, I feel that our entire culture in in a downward spiral that cannot be reversed and life is too short to stay in a country you don't like living in because of some unquestioning allegiance I'm suppose to have just because I happened to be born here.
edit on 9-2-2013 by jnyblujns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house.

I know there are good, intelligent people in this country who want drastic change. Lots of them. But, from where I stand, they're outnumbered about a thousand to one by ignorant, complacent people who see absolutely nothing wrong with the way things are going, and the ignorant, complacent population is growing at a much faster rate.

Those of you who don't believe it's too late, that's fine. That's great actually. I'm glad you still have hope.

I never said anywhere that other countries were perfect and haven't done horrible things as well. I just believe that there are other countries out there that are headed in the right direction and have a culture that I would be happier living in.

I wish nothing but the best for this country and its people, but in my OPINION,

Look, you put this in Rant! So, some of us are just kind of Ranting back.....I have served my Country in the U.S, Military. Doesn't make me any better or greater than anyone else, not saying that. Just a perspective that I bring to the table, along with the rest of my life experiences while living in the Greatest Country in the World, The United States of Americal.

I do not believe we need another Revolution or an attack on our government. I just don't believe that is necessary.

You most definitely are entitled to your OPINION. And maybe, I reacted a little harshly, but, I believe you are closing your eyes to the atrocities in the World and not giving America the credit it deserves. I am not going to sugar coat anything. However, I will come back to this thread later today......I do need to help my neighbors to dig out of this snow.....they are older, I am younger and I want to help them.

I will be back, but, just do something for your self, search the net, and see the problems that exist in other countries....try and see if you can get information from some of these closed countries.....their media is run by their governments.

I vote, I work in the community, I care about people, and I LOVE my Country. But, I do need to leave, but will be back..............I think this could be a very good thread, and I appreciate your effort to communicate your beliefs and opinions. WE just disagree........later.

Peace!! ID

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I understand what you are saying.........I think.............but to run away from what you once called home because a certian group of people caught us "freedom napping" is something you might regret.

You see the course that is being taken can not succeed, you need people that work and take responsability for them selves to make a country work, you need people to pay tax to sustain a country, a fare tax, not people that support a government that only wants cattle to pay the bills and give the rest a check for there vote. These people will out number the worker bees and then it will all come down, its that simple.

Americans are a funny breed of freedom lovers, it takes a little to get someone who has enjoyed freedom for as long as we have to do something. True Americans want to make sure something is worth dying for before they act and you will never hear from the ones in the wings that will act................not untell they are sure.

edit on 9-2-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Does this mean you are leaving america?? Or are you the type that tries to break up with a person but do not leave them even though the relationship is dead.

I agree with you but I would only write something like that if I was on my way out.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

everyone must be feeling this way..

no S%$*, I expressed to my wife last week

I as going to write a Dear America letter

and point out all the constant lies & values I

had been taught that were being betrayed

before my eyes in my lifetime.

Excellent letter. You are not alone.

I'm going to ponder the mystical synchronicity of consciousness now.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Excellent post; I gave you a star for a well written letter.

I do not however agree with everything you mentioned but I can see your point of view
and do not let my allegiance to any country cloud the blurred vision said country enforces
upon it's unsuspecting citizens.

That being said; please view this 'blog' - blog.havenbastion.org...
::quote from blog::
"We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,''

The blog is not mine - but it may help you to decide where to go without
leaving your homeland.

I wish you every success in correcting your plight.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I’m not even going to pretend to try to be politically neutral in my response to this.

I am a conservative. No, I mean a real conservative. And I love this country!

I believe in a minimal amount of government and the inevitable interference thereof in all aspects of my life. I don’t want government to tell me to pray, who to pray to, where to stand when I pray, or if I can pray. I don’t want to be told what to eat, where to eat, how much salt to put on what I eat, in fact – I don’t want to be told to eat if I’m not hungry.

I don’t want government stuffing the morals and sensibilities of others down my throat. If I am a woman and want to get an abortion, hey – that’s my business. Others may not like it, and I might regret it later (or might not), but that’s my choice. If I want to worship a god of some kind (or not, as in my case), that’s my business.

I want decisions for my children’s education to be made on a community level and not by some bureaucrat in Washington DC who’s never even been to my state.

I want to be able to do with or to my property and person whatever I want as long as it does no harm to another. I want to be held responsible for my actions, whether for good or ill.

I want to run a business as unfettered by government rules and regulations as possible. I want to do what I want with the profits of that business. And I don’t want government telling me I make too much money and must therefore be penalized for that success.

More than anything, I want government to stay OUT of my business!.

But the political winds are not favorable to those of us who believe in the maximization of freedom, opportunity, and personal responsibility at this point.

In the last several election cycles, the people who most wanted something from government determined the outcomes of those elections, and sadly the people who least wanted or needed anything from government, stayed away in droves. The simple fact is, if this cycle continues, those who want more and more from government are going to continue to vote for more and more government. The politician who promises the most handouts will get the most votes and win every time.

But it doesn't always have to be that way…

My friend – you’re bailing on America at the wrong time, and for the wrong reasons. This thing isn't near over yet.

And quite frankly, we need you. We need people who have the courage to admit that something is very very wrong right now. We need someone who has the courage to say so.

We need to fight.

We need you to fight with us.

Because if you don’t, and America truly does fall into irreparable decline, there is no place on Earth you will be able to hide…

edit on 9-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Lousy spelling...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
WOW...I don't have the words to express how great this is...it is exactly the way I feel too. Can you please pm me your blog
Where do we go though? I have been researching places for like 2 years and I am scared that I will never find anything short of just finding a private island and hiding in a cave

Paraguay

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow.You just said exactly what I feel.I don't plan on going anywhere else.I am going to keep fighting the good fight.But I still feel exactly what you are saying.Thank You for that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This was an excellent commentary. I'm not going to take it as a definite statement one way or the other as to what you're planning to do, whether or not you're a coward, or what have you because I could only laugh as I read it. It read just like a letter from a wizened-up spouse. It was too sweet! And it did get a point across quite nicely. I gave it a star for being so excellent and entertaining.

My political stance is that we still have a hope in this country if we continue to stand up for what's right. My worry is that the new terrorist descriptions came out, and my husband matches it being a formerly deployed soldier. I match it because I like to put away food and stock for future emergencies and dabble in survivalist stuff on occasion. And supported Ron Paul. And I have hope. But I'm also beginning to get scared, which isn't like me.

But I'm here. My ancestors were here before Columbus. And I imagine we'll be here after democracy. America, I'd like to leave you for Ireland - but only to get my groove on for a year. Maybe write a book. I'll come back. I'll always come back. ;-)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Just so you know, I changed the number at the beginning to reflect my own age and posted it to my Facebook as well. It is such a beautifully written piece, a wonderful reflection of how the average ordinary Joe Shmoe of the United States has come to feel about the decline of those values and principles that made other lands admire us, of the leaders that have driven this once-proud nation straight into the ground, and just the general state of things.

I applaud your letter, and I will be one of the many who make sure the world sees it.

edit on 9-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

My friend – you’re bailing on America at the wrong time, and for the wrong reasons. This thing isn't near over yet.

And quite frankly, we need you. We need people who have the courage to admit that something is very very wrong right now. We need someone who has the courage to say so.

We need to fight.

We need you to fight with us.

You know, I think you might be right. If we're not willing to fight for the country we want to have, do we really deserve to be part of it? That is the question.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Don't be a quitter. Fight for your country. It is the government that sucks not the people.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Don't mind the ignorant comments. I really enjoyed your rant and thought it was quite clever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join