Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Dear America,

page: 4
58
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 


As an American citizen, I agree with half of what you wrote. Politicians ARE an enormous problem in the United States, however it is the people of this country that are ultimately to blame for the condition it is in.

We allow ourselves (myself included) to be distracted by everyday B.S. while the politicians line their pockets with our money, we are the ones watching Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore rather than paying attention to the all-out rape that is being perpetrated on our rights.

We sit in our houses and watch T.V., we take a spin to the local fast-food joint to grab some slop, we chat on the internet about the gas prices and the government and then on election day, we do nothing about it.

Americans are not only not great, They aren't even involved. We like to convince ourselves that we are informed and freaking smart all while drooling and laughing at 'How I met your mother' or 'Big Bang Theory'.

We listen to and fully accept what the news media tells us, we blindly march to the beat of Washington's drums, not realizing that the percussionist is laughing his ass off at us and how incredibly stupid we are.

We pay taxes to the government for things that will not serve us, but will serve the government and then are grateful to get some of it back with which to perpetuate the cycle all over again.

We send our children off to die for no reason whatsoever in countries that most of us couldn't even locate on a globe.

We allow our children to attend public schools, which are nothing more (and I mean this with all of my heart) than indoctrination centers for whichever party happens to be in control at the time.

We are loud-mouthed, ineffectual, egotistical, ignorant and lazy sheep, simply chewing the grass we're allowed to chew by the extremely small amount of people that control us, bleating occasionally, while being marched toward certain doom.

It's our own fault, and as a whole, we will do nothing to fix the situation. The means to do so have been there for a long time, and they are being removed as we speak. Why? for the reasons listed above, that's why.

I'd write more, but quite frankly, just thinking about this is making my stomach turn.

How's that for patriotism?




posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


The sad thing is 'we' are America . We are allowing this. Most foreigners came here to escape what you above described. Now it's here.
Is it to late to change things? I don't think so. Why abandon ship before we try the bucket brigade?

I agree with everything you've written but I don't want to leave America even though America is leaving us. I'm not willing to tuck my tail and retreat.

It's time to muster our forefathers courage once more. I will not go silently into the night.


I'm afraid you've got it wrong. "We" are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA's livestock. Human "resources", to be exploited and used.

That is, if you still allow yourself to be confused. There is an operational principle that most people fail to recognize. That is, there is a power in place that has its place by sanction of existence itself. What is, is. When you resist what is, you confuse yourself. The only way to extricate yourself from a hell-like existence is to accept that you are in hell. And that it is a self-created hell. That is only the first step, and most people (the same 'most' I mentioned a moment ago) cannot bring themselves to face the truth. They want to blame another for the bitterness of their own experience. They are willing to accept a ridiculous dog-and-pony show such as the political system, rather than accept their own complicity in forming the bars on their cage.

Why did we have feudalism? Examine that question. Examine what the minds of the people were like in those days, and you will find that most have not progressed very far from that, even now. Superstitious, fearful monkeys need a man who will make them suffer to the point that they feel they have nothing left to lose. Because it is generally only when you have nothing left to lose that you are willing to entertain the truth: we chose to be here and experience this, whatever the content of our lives. It is all by agreement. Then we can consider putting into practice the immortalized words of Yahshua ben Joseph: Judge not, lest ye be judged.

But no, we insist on clinging to our rotting paradigm of perpetrator and victim. Mostly, people identify themselves as the victim, even when they're someone else's perp. Interesting, huh?

Give up victim thinking, and the notion that someone has violated your rights without a greater good in store for you. It will improve your outlook and empower you, and you might just realize that you had your power all along and were simply derelict in its use.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cusanus
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


I left the states 8 years ago, retired on a combination pension and social security, about 50 years too late. There are numerous countries far better than the states where the climate is nice, the scenery unbelievably beautiful, nothing lacking for convenience, living far more affordable, water and food not contaminated with concealed poisons, and the people are honest and lovely to know, the women truly beautiful, in short, everything the United States has in quantites too small to count. I also have 100% medical and dental for FREE, every penny covered, even though it's far more available and of far higher quality and costs 1/5 as much without insurance. I'll probably never need full coverate, being very healthy at 64, but it's nice to have. With 8 years university math and science, a graduate 3.84 gpa, the last job I had in the states was with an alleged "research" company, next to the DOJ, where the managers it turned out were twisting workers into smoking crack or other drugs.

America. Leave it.


Thank you. I think you're the only person who has understood what I'm talking about. Everyone seems to think I'm just upset with the government, but they can't seem to understand that it's the average American citizen and the culture in general that I'm fed up with. You get it. You've left and obviously found a place where daily life is simply more enjoyable. This is what I'm looking for.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by SBMcG
 


You know, I think you might be right. If we're not willing to fight for the country we want to have, do we really deserve to be part of it? That is the question.


This country is what you make of it. No where on Earth does one have more personal opportunity and freedom. But that being said, I understand how people get fed up and frustrated. Hell -- I've been there myself recently.

But as for me, I will bet on America until the day I die...



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
So basically yo........
I would rather you stand up and fight, then leave.


I don't see you fighting. Hell I don't see anyone on abovetopsecret fighting. All you guys do is log in here and whine like little girly girls.

First a lot of us lost our good paying jobs. Next on the agenda, our constitutional rights are heading out the door....right now...as I sit here and type. Our government (small 'g') just told us they can kill us if they feel like it. It's their right.

So where's the revolution?



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns

Originally posted by cusanus
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


I left the states 8 years ago, retired on a combination pension and social security, about 50 years too late. There are numerous countries far better than the states where the climate is nice, the scenery unbelievably beautiful, nothing lacking for convenience, living far more affordable, water and food not contaminated with concealed poisons, and the people are honest and lovely to know, the women truly beautiful, in short, everything the United States has in quantites too small to count. I also have 100% medical and dental for FREE, every penny covered, even though it's far more available and of far higher quality and costs 1/5 as much without insurance. I'll probably never need full coverate, being very healthy at 64, but it's nice to have. With 8 years university math and science, a graduate 3.84 gpa, the last job I had in the states was with an alleged "research" company, next to the DOJ, where the managers it turned out were twisting workers into smoking crack or other drugs.

America. Leave it.


Thank you. I think you're the only person who has understood what I'm talking about. Everyone seems to think I'm just upset with the government, but they can't seem to understand that it's the average American citizen and the culture in general that I'm fed up with. You get it. You've left and obviously found a place where daily life is simply more enjoyable. This is what I'm looking for.


Same here, I've been out of the states about 8 years, and now only 31 years old


I rarely visit the US much more, except to visit family. Basically I cannot stand to be there. I have a hard time relating to anyone in communication (except family) because the most common conversations are something about television or sports. And I don't watch either.

You beat me to a thread, similar in form to this, which I may end up finishing soon haha.

Bottom line is this, you only live once. The only way for people to change is to change their attitude, and that is usually only out of necessity. People are what make a place. That is what I have learned in my travels. You can be in paradise geographically, but it does not matter when surrounded by a populace of idiots.

It's your life, do what you gotta do. Don't let anyone try to guilt trip you into "saving" the USA. It's too late. By the time people "wake up" (if they do), the collapse is already upon them and it's too late to leave.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
it's depressing to realize that everything around you is pretty much b.s. but it could be worse. Hell, at least you weren't born in Iraq.

I think some people make too much of a big deal about this idea that America is turning into a fascist place. Yea, the divide of wealth vs. poverty is something to complain about, and maybe things like Occupy Wall St. or these internet facebook memes all have some kind of sense of cause to them, but it's hardly real. The folks in this country are fine as long as they make the right decisions and/or don't get carried away with either greed or desperation. The main reason I see threads like this, and other idealogical factions raising their own blood pressures is simple: they're bored.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns
 




I've absolutely felt like that my whole life OP. Since Nov 22 1963



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


Wow! Amazing. You have my utmost respect.

In fact your letter almost brought tears to my eyes, and I'm not even American. Well written, hit all the nails on the head. I agree with your sentiments entirely. My recommendation. Australia. Wonderful country full of wonderful people. I can say that - I am an ex-pat Brit living in Victoria. I couldn't recommend it more highly!



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


Quote "
To those of you who call me a coward, I can see where you're coming from, from your point of view. I will say this though, what are YOU doing? I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house."

I am a VET. I have already proved my worth, and in the event push comes to shove or liberties are infringed, I will bring my pledge to active use. The part about "Foreign and Domestic"

For you to give up and surrender and inflict yourself with defeatism, Well that's just......... I think you already know inside.

And by the way, I wasn't inferring you were a coward, but that path seems to be in your sights. Don't take it.
There is no easy answer, no quick and easy fix, wealthy tyrants will never voluntarily surrender their ill gotten gains, it is for the Citizens to act, and sometimes the costs are high, as in your Life. I would give my life for Liberty or my Children and Family. You must ask yourself if you would do likewise if it came to it. Freedom is not Free...








'



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


Quote "
To those of you who call me a coward, I can see where you're coming from, from your point of view. I will say this though, what are YOU doing? I don't see any of you leading a march on the white house."

I am a VET. I have already proved my worth, and in the event push comes to shove or liberties are infringed, I will bring my pledge to active use. The part about "Foreign and Domestic"

For you to give up and surrender and inflict yourself with defeatism, Well that's just......... I think you already know inside.

And by the way, I wasn't inferring you were a coward, but that path seems to be in your sights. Don't take it.
There is no easy answer, no quick and easy fix, wealthy tyrants will never voluntarily surrender their ill gotten gains, it is for the Citizens to act, and sometimes the costs are high, as in your Life. I would give my life for Liberty or my Children and Family. You must ask yourself if you would do likewise if it came to it. Freedom is not Free...



Glad to have people who act on their convictions. You are a vet, and you already proved your worth, so you will do it again, or not? Where did you prove your "worth" and doing what?

What was your most recent ways you have protected your family from the Patriot Act, NDAA, and the TSA (if you travel), and other freedom infringing things out there?

Thanks for your time!



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
British are Americans, Africans are Germans, we are people, undivided by country.

You are the world.

If you hurt the world you hurt yourself because you are the world, this is the true principle of Karma.


Be unified and undivided.

QV.



posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


I couldn't agree more. I've had it with America. The insane and criminals run the asylum. Loud, bigoted, obnoxious, stupid, ignorant and proud of it. I just wish I knew where to go to make a new start. It seems like this cancer is everywhere.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
reply to post by jnyblujns
 


I couldn't agree more. I've had it with America. The insane and criminals run the asylum. Loud, bigoted, obnoxious, stupid, ignorant and proud of it. I just wish I knew where to go to make a new start. It seems like this cancer is everywhere.


A good start is to just go. Where are you interested in going, and where have you been to compare your travels to?





new topics




 
58
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join