It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear America,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is really hard for me. I mean, we've just been through so much together over the last 35 years. But the fact is, well America, I just don't love you anymore. To be completely honest, I don't really even like you anymore. I know that may sound harsh, but you brought this upon yourself you know?

I use to think you were really great. I've come to find out you've been doing unspeakable things behind my back the entire time I've known you. Growing up, I was always told how great you were and how I was just suppose to love you, and you know, I've tried, I really have. Even when I started to realize what you're really like and saw you changing for the worse every day, well...I still tried to love you America. I can't do it anymore though.

You've never been perfect, but now it's like I don't even know you anymore. First of all, you've turned into a complete bully, which I guess shouldn't be such a surprise considering how you got your start. Coming to a new continent, killing the native population and stealing their lands, well...I suppose you've always been a bully. I just didn't want to see it.

These days, you boss everyone around constantly and if you don't get your way, you throw a tantrum and start dropping bombs. Who the hell made you the boss of everyone anyway? You're not even that old. Certainly not old enough to be telling countries much older than you what to do.

The next problem I have, is that you treat everyone who really loves you like crap. What's up with that? There are so many of us who really cared about you, who really wanted to help you, who tried to warn you that you were headed down a dangerous path, and well...you just ignored us America. Worse than that, you even seem to go out of your way to demonize and attack the people that really want the best for you and aren't afraid to stand up and say something. You've turned on your own citizens. You treat us like criminals at best and livestock at worst. Well, enough is enough. I'm not your property America and I'm getting tired of you telling me what to do all the time. I'm a human being. I can make my own decisions. You know, we had an agreement America. This little piece of paper called the constitution. That was our agreement and you just walk all over it now. It might as well not even exist anymore.

The thing is America, I just don't think there's anything that I can do for you anymore. You've become overrun with ignorant and arrogant citizens. The saddest part is that their ignorance is willful. They don't want do better. They don't want to ask questions. They don't want to dig deeper. They just want to live in their own little world with their eyes and ears covered and break into a chorus of "la, la, la, la" whenever someone starts to say something that makes them the slightest bit uncomfortable.

And don't act like you don't encourage it America. You indoctrinate us from an early age through your public schools. You don't teach anyone how to learn or how to think for themselves. Hell, these days, you don't even bother to teach them to read and write. All you teach them is how to sit down, shut up and conform and anyone who doesn't gets separated from the herd or made docile with whatever drug you're pushing this week.

And speaking of drugs, you're quite the hypocrite on that front aren't you now? Drugs are bad right? I mean, it's just horrible if an adult wants to smoke a little plant every now and then, but it's completely fine to put a five year old on Ritalin. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your special little relationship with the pharmaceutical companies.

Another thing that really irritates me about you, is how you glorify the worst of us. You place worthless, talentless hacks on a pedestal and tell people to look up to them. You encourage mediocrity. It's appalling that more people know who Honey Boo Boo is than Neil deGrasse Tyson. It's appalling that shows like Toddlers and Tiaras even exist. The really sad thing though, is that it's all part of the plan. The systematic dumbing down of your population is not an accident. Ignorant people are easier to control. Willfully ignorant people doubly so.

I just can't do this anymore America. For all your obvious flaws, I still believe at one time you were really great, but now you're just a jerk. You're loud, obnoxious, and frankly, I'm embarrassed to be seen with you. You don't care about me, so why should I care about you? I'm tired of making excuses for you. I'm tired of worrying about you. I'm tired of loosing sleep over you. I'm done.

So, what I'm trying to say is, I'm leaving you. I'm not sure where I'm going and I'm not going to be able to leave anytime soon, but we're through. I'll keep to myself until I find a new home, but until then, I don't want anything to do with you anymore. I just can't stand to watch you destroy yourself any longer. Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't ask me to help you when you get in a jam. Don't ask me to feel sorry for you when things don't go your way. I'm done.

Maybe one day, you'll get your act together and we can talk about being friends again, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I'm going to look for another country who will treat me better than you have. Maybe I can even find one I won't be ashamed to be seen with.

We had a good run. I wish nothing but the best for you.

Goodbye.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm going to be posting this on my blog, which I will not advertise here of course. Just in case any of you somehow come across it, wanted you to know that I wrote this and posted it here first.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Creative writting is better than the news, tells the story instead of inflating a story. But don't give up its what they want you to do, looks like a letter of defeat, stand tall and keep taking a stance against the crap that is going on and pass the word out so more folks understand the BS that is going on our country.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
WOW...I don't have the words to express how great this is...it is exactly the way I feel too. Can you please pm me your blog
Where do we go though? I have been researching places for like 2 years and I am scared that I will never find anything short of just finding a private island and hiding in a cave

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
WOW...I don't have the words to express how great this is...it is exactly the way I feel too. Can you please pm me your blog
Where do we go though? I have been researching places for like 2 years and I am scared that I will never find anything short of just finding a private island and hiding in a cave

Sent you the link.

As far as where to go. I think I've narrowed it down to a few based on all my research on cost of living, personal liberties, tax rates, and acceptance of Americans. Right now, I'm leaning towards Estonia in Eastern Europe. It seems to fit what I'm personally looking for quite well. I've also thought about The Philippines, Costa Rica, Argentina, and Iceland. Actually, Iceland would win hands down if it wasn't for the high cost of living there. If I won the lottery and money wasn't an issue, that's where I would go, haha.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

I think that is the same way many of us westerners think about our respective countries, but I think it is actually more to do with Governments than it is countries. Your people are still great, it is your politicians that let you down, chin up and be there for the revolution, to take the country you used to love back.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
S&F, That was a well written post.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend America. And from what I've heard, he's hurt others as well. I hope your friend has a good hard look at himself in the mirror, and realizes the error of his ways.

But you can still help your buddy, if he's willing to help himself and admit that he has a problem.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That was gorgeous!

May I please have a link to your blog as well? I'd like to post this to my FB (I only use it for posting stuff about the government being jerks and to keep in contact with a few people) and give you proper credit for it. I'll send you my page so that you can be assured that I've done so, as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

The sad thing is 'we' are America . We are allowing this. Most foreigners came here to escape what you above described. Now it's here.
Is it to late to change things? I don't think so. Why abandon ship before we try the bucket brigade?

I agree with everything you've written but I don't want to leave America even though America is leaving us. I'm not willing to tuck my tail and retreat.

It's time to muster our forefathers courage once more. I will not go silently into the night.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

How do you not go silently into the night though? How can you and others change things, there needs to be a revolution, not just a changing of the guard. I hope it can happen in America because then it might happen in the UK too.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So basically your saying that your a coward, and that instead of fighting the tyrants, your going to take your ball and go home.

You say you gonna leave,
Then @&?"" Leave
What u waiting for
Hit the door
I ain't taking this $/@- no more. -- bobby digital.

I would rather you stand up and fight, then leave.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That sound's like a script from Jonny Depp btw he still live's here half the time.

As for my thought's on your cowardly flight.

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$

When a move is made we won't need coward's..
edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

He can't fight on his own and it appears that Joe Public in America has very little stomach for a fight... so whats a man supposed to do?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh, there will be change. Thing about a bully is that they are really cowards deep inside. Maybe a better word is afraid. Afraid of "terror", afraid of their own shadow. I don't know what it is about these people that feel the need to make everything "safer". There is no such thing as 'safe'. And yet they insist on rising to the top of society and then surrounding them selves with walls, armored vehicles and guards. They seek to control everyone else to make the world safer and safer. The war on terror, medication to reduce every possible threatening person to a zombie. Gun control, search and seizure, cameras everywhere, monitoring all the worlds communications for any "threats".

Threats to whom? To themselves of course. They aren't really concerned about anyones "safety" other than their own. Ultimately they want to make sure that no one can threaten them. American interests be damned. Its a cover for their fear of reprisal, their paranoia that somebody will come for them and take them away to be tried and found wanting. Wanting for what? For their fear of being "found out". For being found to have been the very corruption that they fear. They must know what evil is, for it is in their very heart. They know what it means to be uncaring and greedy and murderous. They just want to be sure as they can that no other than them are making those decisions that impact so many negatively. That is after all how they got there, by being negative.

The whole time they look back over their shoulder afraid that all the lives they have destroyed will come for them to mete justice.

Be very afraid.
edit on 9-2-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I agree with you the vast majority of the time.....But

America has very little stomach for a fight

How have you missed all the gun thread's on ATS.Where many,many people are wanting to keep their gun's against tyranny?If we bring tyranny up then we are laugh at.People on this site (not you) sure are a fickle bunch.They don't really have a opinion except to bash America every chance they get.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thats just like what us Brits do too, we all moan, but not many of us actually get off of our rears and do anything about it physically. For both of our nations, it has gone so far now that we should be out lining the streets and refusing to work until the government is disolved. I guess we are all too happy with our little comforts we have though to risk all of that and we do lack a strong leader, like Ghandi or King, to bring about the revolution. I think the statement I said was factually correct.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That's just Pathetic... it really is. You are obviously waiting for someone to do all the Hard work for you so you can enjoy the fruits of Their labor and feel all warm and fuzzy. Freedom is nor Free, nor will evil people just go away and behave quietly. You must be Pro Active in the Life You Want. Turning tail and slinking away...... well you won't get much sympathy there.. that's just fact. Don't go quietly into the night. Turn off your TV, better yet, toss it. Become the change you want..... Stand up to the corrupt powers Defiantly and Make Noise. Join the MILLIONS who currently are Seeking Change and taking responsibility. Whining defeatists will never gather a following or have their complaints addressed. You must Stand up and be Heard.

The balls in your court pally........

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

America has very little stomach for a fight

You are casting a blanket statement on all Americans. I, and you, have read and heard American's both wanting to keep their guns in the face of tyrrany,and calling for revolution.Yet you are saying your above statement is factually correct? A revolution is not born overnight,there need's to be a movement first.Many people feel the same way as the O/P but most haven't decided to cut and run.

edit on 9-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I wish you the best on being a non-American, American. Good luck on getting away from the UN in any country you go to... since the UN has been a large part in the downfall of this nation and the direction it is taking as we speak.

There are many of us who will stay and fight. We are the ones who HAVE been fighting for years and have not had to wave a look-at-me flag concerning it. If you dont make it out before youre called upon to actually put your money where your mouth is concerning your disappointment in the direction of this country, I sincerely request that you stay out of the way.

In Germany a multitude of Jews fled rather than fight tyranny.... and left their fellows to slaughter. Jewish population in Germany started at appx 523K and by time most had cut and run, it dwindled to 160K... and then those few who stayed out of NOT being able to afford to leave or stayed out of duty and to fight tyranny... most were slaughtered in Ghettos and Nazi camps. The thing is YOU are an American and we are many more than 523K. WE know it and THEY know it.

Your kind never learn from history, but would rather cut and run. I certainly dont mind if you leave and have given you the instructions and protocol in the link below. BUT... do you know the US does very similar to those wanting to leave as Germany did at the initial stages of emigration?? Your hard earned money and property will go to the very America that you hate when you leave. Hope you dont have any minor children....

www.ushmm.org...

travel.state.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join