It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Claims Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Whatever. Do your own research. I've had it with people who refuse to look at the whole picture. The data is out there whether you chose to look into it yourself is up to you.

The US "green" policy just does not work. It is to politically connected. Like Al Gore.

I'm all for green energy, and plan on incorporating it into the house I build. Hence, I have done the research. It's a lot more expensive than you think.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

No... I don't know.... But I do know that I have dozens of Petrochemical refineries in my backyard and they have a tendancy to blow up now and then.... not to mention that they stink to high heaven!!

Is that all you got bro? 'cause that was pretty weak milk toast....

edit on 8-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

Do you own that property? Just curious. Because the owners are the ones who allow that to happen.

If you're just renting, then I would suggest that you move.

Pretty weak argument back at ya.

Wait, let me get my dish towel.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Unity_99

I think that its fair enough to say that, but some of the people who would benifit most from this technology are not capable of making either the outlay to get set up, or the mobility or skills base, to fit them on thier own. It is the poor who would benifit most from having reduced bills, and/or selling energy back to the grid.

I think that governments should support solar initiatives for the benifit of all citizens, but with particular attention to those who CANNOT achieve a solar solution through thier own means for whatever reason.

I know that, have serious health problems, and yet, 5 boys. Some ministry kids hanging around too, older teens, and am starting the businesses this year. And we have to start small and keep flowing the water as Bruce Lee says.

But the problem is not that the technology doesnt exist. And that its over expensive to do. Many many many men have tools and garages and workshops, even retired ones. 10/1 most people's grandfather does.

It's not that solutions don't exist, its choices many make with their time and money, which comes down to self, and not:

1. seeing the problem with the world and PTB controllers, taking note of the problems and scarsity this generates around them, not to mention the crime of living under lies and slavery.

2. Oh but we have solutions. Get some of those guys to hang out with their friends and start to put some of their golf, bridge, fishing trip money, into building this for everyone in that group, setting each place up, and in the process maybe getting kids and others on board and generating a little extra wealth maybe starting up a little greenhouse or workshop powered by alternative technology.

The best is something for electricity, like wind and solar, and some wood, turned into heat, like a friction heater, there is the wood one, where the man only uses a few pieces of wood in a month or too to run this every day, or there is the water heater/steam kind, where it can be increased with well placed holes in the cylindar which spins via some input energy and then creates CAVITATION, but you can study how that works.

Some of the heat can be heat, for house, but the rest should be transferred to electric, ie. stirling engines are one way, and used to power workshops and greenhouses.

When people work together and know what has to be done, to be free, and then when those who are healthy and have do it, they need to think of their more vulnerable neighbors and start to help them out, sort of mushroom it out.

It takes action.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If people would wake up they would see, government is not really our government, their more like slavers who imagine they're our testers, and we're the testees. It takes ignoring them, oh but firing them too, speak up with dignity and firmness and let them know, you're not ever following their crapola and broken ideas again, fired. Refuse to cooperate. But don't get revolutionary.

Just let them know and start to act like a government yourselves, like see the problems,work together for the solutions, lend a helping hand, get things going, and that is called passing the tests to me.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by f4rwest
You guys are so ridiculous.....you're so geared and biased to thinking EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and no one EVER makes mistakes, uneducated claims, or silly statements.

Obviously this guy made a dumb statement, but why do you guys instantly turn around and blame Fox News as a whole, or start making up baseless claims which are all your opinion about Fox's or ANY OTHER media outlets "evil agenda" LOL.

I can't believe one of you even brought sunshine statistics between the USA and Germany into this.

GOOD LORD PEOPLE! It's good to be educated by relax a little bit! We're all gonna die anyways.

SMH

You are ridiculous if you cannot see the agenda behind this piece on renewable clean energy (solar) VS the monopoly of oil & gas companies.

She is obviously a lobbyist for big oil and she came unstuck when she was asked the wrong question.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It does not cost tens of thousands to set up adleast not here in the UK. Here companies where putting systems in for free and the user generated energy for there home and the grid. The cost was taken out of there electricity bill over time. No loss to anyone..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Lately, I've seen a number of projects where they put solar panels in parking lots. It provides shade for the cars and you get a lot of area for solar panels.

THAT is a brilliant idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by f4rwest
You guys are so ridiculous.....you're so geared and biased to thinking EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and no one EVER makes mistakes, uneducated claims, or silly statements.

Obviously this guy made a dumb statement, but why do you guys instantly turn around and blame Fox News as a whole, or start making up baseless claims which are all your opinion about Fox's or ANY OTHER media outlets "evil agenda" LOL.

I can't believe one of you even brought sunshine statistics between the USA and Germany into this.

GOOD LORD PEOPLE! It's good to be educated by relax a little bit! We're all gonna die anyways.

SMH

Almost all FOX news has a Neo Conservative spin or agenda to it. If your blind to that your missing a lot of real information and it could be because of FOX.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Surely the issue is not about solar power, but the fact that Fox News have (allegedly) broadcast complete lies to their audience?

But then, newspapers in the UK do it all the time as well.

If I had the money I'd take them all to court for deliberately lying and misleading the public. But for now all I can say is: if it's in the media, it's probably not true. ALWAYS check sources (journalists NEVER do this, it's too much ike hard work and gets in the way of their donut breaks) and always always be sceptical.

btw solar panels work even if it's cloudy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

No... I don't know.... But I do know that I have dozens of Petrochemical refineries in my backyard and they have a tendancy to blow up now and then.... not to mention that they stink to high heaven!!

Is that all you got bro? 'cause that was pretty weak milk toast....

edit on 8-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

Do you own that property? Just curious. Because the owners are the ones who allow that to happen.

If you're just renting, then I would suggest that you move.

Pretty weak argument back at ya.

Wait, let me get my dish towel.

It's a place called Pasadena and it's just South of Houston, which is my backyard.

Do me and everyone else a favor and stop trolling this thread.....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Surely the issue is not about solar power, but the fact that Fox News have (allegedly) broadcast complete lies to their audience?

But then, newspapers in the UK do it all the time as well.

If I had the money I'd take them all to court for deliberately lying and misleading the public. But for now all I can say is: if it's in the media, it's probably not true. ALWAYS check sources (journalists NEVER do this, it's too much ike hard work and gets in the way of their donut breaks) and always always be sceptical.

btw solar panels work even if it's cloudy.

You're right.

..and the only way to get people to accept that alternative energy sources are viable, affordable and beneficial is to change the culture. Right now, Fox news has the highest ratings. Fox News is also the mouth piece for fossil fuel interests and is spreading their propaganda to maintain the status quo of burning fossil fuels for energy.

I know that the German Govt. provides for incentives and penalties to encourage the use of alternative energy but is that the answer in the US as well? Personally, I don't think that subsidizing companies is the answer but it's hard to know what the right answer is....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Dont subsidise the companies which provide the panel, subsidise the people who want them fitted, on the agreement that until the subsidy is payed off, any energy sold back to the grid, earns the government twenty percent of the proceeds, or something like that?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Dont subsidise the companies which provide the panel, subsidise the people who want them fitted, on the agreement that until the subsidy is payed off, any energy sold back to the grid, earns the government twenty percent of the proceeds, or something like that?

Yes... definitely.

I don't want to say that those things aren't being done already though. In fact I think there are Federal programs in place that offer some form of compensation for taking steps to make ones house more energy efficient. Those programs probably aren't very aggressive though and most don't know about them.

I thnk it would be great to offer low or no interest loans for people that want to install solar in their homes.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ah, sunny Germany. So sunny all the people are... pasty white?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You can't store electrical energy on the scale needed for grid distribution. Goes for solar and wind. When you turn on a light-- a powerplant somewhere has to produce that current on demand to compensate. Yes, you can make electrical energy with solar or wind, but it is not practical on a grid basis.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So many people assume that solar energy just means panels. That's only part of the potential of sun.

Designing buildings, or retrofitting existing ones, in a fashion that takes advantage of the sun for heating, like solar energy stored naturally in thermal mass, and lighting, by more windows strategically placed.

And solar is just a piece of the overall spectrum of green energy, albeit an important one. The sun is pretty much everywhere, even on cloudy days. There's really no excuse to not use sun energy in some fashion on some level. It's stupid not to.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elfrog

Why are you assuming we have to feed the entire grid with solar? Why can't it just be a supplement?

Like Germany, where, on some days, they get 50% of their energy from solar.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
There is a huge dumb fan base for Fox, that just licks the retarded-ness that oozes out of their "news".

There news is like entertainment... its like they try to exaggerated things and take things out of quote. Only in America would a station like that would get high rating.

I watched all the idiots on that station, and i swear all of my high school students are smarter than them.

I love the posters here that don't check facts. The women on fox is actually right, as showed in this link. Sometimes you have to look beyond the basic numbers.

www.joewein.net...

Also;

A sunny location (like Los Angeles, California, US) receives an average of 5.5 hours of sunlight per day each year.
A cloudy location (like Hamburg, Germany) receives 2.5 hours per day of sunlight each year.

edit on 8-2-2013 by tide88 because: Added

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

Another way to utilise the sun, is to set up arrays of mirrors, all focusing sunlight on a central tower full of water. As the water heats and turns to steam, the steam rises, and turns a turbine, the rotations of which can be turned into electrical energy. Deserts are the ideal location for this, and America has plenty of such space that it does not use for anything much.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I was in Germany in July of 1968 and though I packed for summer when I got there my parents had to buy sweaters for me to wear because it was so cold. It felt like October in NY. I really dont think that Europeans know what summer really is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join