It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mistakenly Shot During Frantic LAPD Manhunt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It seems this manhunt has gotten dangerous and people are getting shot.
No, not by the fugitive in question, by the guys paid to make us feel safe...

LA Times

BuzzFeed

YouTube

It seems this saga is just getting better, and these are the folks who would take your second amendment.
Looks like the cops are running scared and it is my opinion that they are lying to cover their errors...again.
Good thing the cops were crappy shots!
edit on 8-2-2013 by g146541 because: errors

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The cops must really want this guy dead and fast. They are shooting first and asking questions later. I would suggest anyone that drives the same make vehicle as the suspect and lives around LA to be careful

The cops have now attacked and shot two cars that turned out not to be the suspect. The first car was two women, the second was a car that was rammed and then shot at (don't know who was in that, but it wasn't the suspect).

Its ironic that he made a manifesto calling out corruption and poor training and the LAPD go and verify it by shooting at any car that is the same make as the suspects. I mean how do you mistake 2 hispanic women for a big black guy armed to the teeth?
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sadly this has become a back story to the saga.

A few observations:
Police identified the subjects make and model as a 2005 Nissan Titan....this truck....Toyota Tacoma.

The news report, while vague, mentions nothing of how the police conducted this stop. Did they see a blue truck and just open fire?

Will these officers be fired or will they be found to be acting in good faith (as they unleash 20+ rounds)?
edit on 8-2-2013 by ownbestenemy because: saga....not sage....fat fingers I swear it!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
The cops have now attacked and shot two cars that turned out not to be the suspect. The first car was two women, the second was a car that was rammed and then shot at (don't know who was in that, but it wasn't the suspect).

Haven't seen the 2nd that you allude to. Any link or report you can provide? I am not asking to question it but would like to have it for my archives.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Good work LAPD.

/sarcasm

One must wonder if this guys "manifesto" is correct in what it states. Not that I'm advocating for the random killing of cops--------> Have to state this disclaimer before my door gets kicked in, my dog/child/grandmother shot, my house ransacked and property stolen for my thoughts.

edit on 8-2-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Saw news of the other two shootings earlier on here:

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Maybe just me but this looks like sheer criminal / negligent use of firearms by the police officers involved. Seriously, whatever happened to identifying of targets and threat assessment? Seems these days they just like to open fire, maybe thinking they'll be hailed as heroes, and if it all goes to pot, the worst they'll likely get is paid Administrative leave before the department brush it under the carpet and allow them to return to duty unscathed.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

LA Times

BuzzFeed

YouTube

It seems this saga is just getting better, and these are the folks who would take your second amendment.
Looks like the cops are running scared and it is my opinion that they are lying to cover their errors...again.

No matter how much I read about this I really a cant say why not, All info does seem to say he got screwded and I hope others join him. He is more educated then most of us and pissed off. This may just the beginning to a revolution who knows.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

LA Times

BuzzFeed

YouTube

shooting 1st at road points sounds like iraq all over how many died to scraed MPs?
ALOT

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

LA Times

BuzzFeed

YouTube

Isnt there a federal law about police shooting 1st without being shot at? is a crime.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

The irony is that in his manifesto he states that the LAPD training sucks.

They proved it by shooting a Toyota truck (when the suspect's truck is a Nissan) with hundreds of bullets and only got two hits on the occupants.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Saw news of the other two shootings earlier on here:

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Maybe just me but this looks like sheer criminal / negligent use of firearms by the police officers involved. Seriously, whatever happened to identifying of targets and threat assessment? Seems these days they just like to open fire, maybe thinking they'll be hailed as heroes, and if it all goes to pot, the worst they'll likely get is paid Administrative leave before the department brush it under the carpet and allow them to return to duty unscathed.

In pure speculation mode here...so bear with me:

The police officers in mention know they are looking for a "cop killer (it is alleged after all)" and happen upon a vehicle that looks close enough. To be the hero of their department, they chose to unleash a hail of bullets, thus ending the life of said killer.....but wait....this car isn't the same as what is being reported.....make something up! Windows are tinted! It was on the streets at early hours! We were protecting our own! And on and on and on.......

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by chapterhouse

The irony is that in his manifesto he states that the LAPD training sucks.

They proved it by shooting a Toyota truck (when the suspect's truck is a Nissan) with hundreds of bullets and only got two hits on the occupants.

i agree except the "hundreds of bullets.....it was two police officers...they would have to reload at least 5 times a piece to achieve the hundreds mark; regardless your exaggerated remarks are spot on.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I counted 42 (bullet holes in the truck....who knows how many missed) that I could see without the cop car door blocking the view of the other 1/4 percent of the back of the truck.

Either way........

Lots of bullets for two cops shooting up ladies delivering papers......no?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I counted 42 that I could see without the cop car door blocking the view of the other 1/4 percent of the back of the truck.

Either way........

I am not justifying it...just saying. They did riddle the heck out of that truck which implies a "shoot first because the truck looks like what we are looking for" mentality. They should be charged and held accountable to their peers in a court of law....

Heck even the soldiers in the "Boston Massacre" were held accountable; why shouldn't these two?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I agree except the "peers" part. Please don't make them just accountable to the police department. Because in their eyes, we are NOT their peers.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I agree except the "peers" part. Please don't make them just accountable to the police department. Because in their eyes, we are NOT their peers.

"Peers" in the basic civil sense. When tried in court they are not tried in front of their fellow officers, they are tried amongst the People. That is what is meant by "peers". A just clarification was need and thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Starting to look a lot like Iraq...

...shoot first ask questions later.

C...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

When I'm not on my phone ill try to find it. I read about the two women and then I read a second account saying that either a car rammed the police and the opened fire or the police rammed a car and then opened fire. I believe it said it turned out unrelated, but maybe it was a misreport of when he first met police. You know how it is with 24 hour news. I'm certain I read it and when I'm home ill try to finnd it.

Edit: I am trying to search on my phone for LAPD manhunt + ramming and I see references but I think it might just be related story. So if I am wrong about that I'm sorry. What I said above about a second incident is unverified. I read it in relation somewhere when the story first popped up, but I can't see it now.
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I mean how do you mistake 2 hispanic women for a big black guy armed to the teeth?

Now that, is just ridiculous, I can't think of an excuse for this mistake.

edit on 062828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A good example why police should be disarmed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join