It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mistakenly Shot During Frantic LAPD Manhunt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Plaxico Burress, W.R., New York Giants, "accidentally" shot himself...and served 2 years in prison. I guess, he was playing for the wrong team?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Seriously guys I read multiple things in this thread that most of you repeated more then once..

There is no justification for the police to shoot without due process.
It's illegal, therefore ultimatums need to start being declared to the LAPD and anyone propping them up..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Seriously guys I read multiple things in this thread that most of you repeated more then once..

There is no justification for the police to shoot without due process.
It's illegal, therefore ultimatums need to start being declared to the LAPD and anyone propping them up..

You are on to something there but, don't you think it is high time to start firing and imprisoning some of these gang members??
Ultimatums never work.
The LAPD has been too crooked for way too long, just like the NYPD.
Fraternal order of liars and crooks.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by unfor54k3n

Just a bit more information about the suppressors, on the officer's rifles...

The number one reason that they would have them, is to reduce the possibility of serious damage to their hearing! The AR platform firing the .223 or 5.56x45 caliber, has a substantial report. Enough to cause serious hearing loss that can be permanent. Firing the weapon indoors, increases the potential for damage, as well.

It's probably required by the officer's union, or Worker's Comp, or other work related insurer.

That, and the boys in blue (er...black) really like their toys!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
what crap story telling is this, the story is about cops f ing up and shooting innocent people, nothig of the manhunt should be mentioned, yet all three stories bring that up as the reason for these cops #$%&ing up.

should read, cops didnt do damn job again and innocent people almost died AGAIN.

could have easily followed it, called 15 other cars and cornered it on a main road or off road.

there is no excuse for poor little cops scared they are going to be found on corruption charges shooting innocent people. it should be against the law to shoot first without seeing a weapon and or being shot at especailly when you dont even know who the f is in the truck, he coulda lent it to a 17 year old kid or pregnant woman. seriously, if that was my wife delivering the papers and she calls to tell me they riddled car with bullets and she was almost shot to death,,,, they would have 2 manifestos to worry about.

also , who gets to buy her a new car, pay for the lawsuits/settlements and therapy for rest of life?

like a good neighbor........

edit on 10-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by unfor54k3n
Question for you gun knowledgeable folks out there, i have lived in LA most of my life and i have NEVER seen police equipped with Silencer or Flash suppressors. Are these flash suppressor they are using? If they are silencers or flash suppressors that is pretty strange because i didn't think police could use them? Anyone know?

These are silencers or suppressors, they suppress sound.
Not to be confused with a flash suppressor which dissipates the muzzle flash of a weapon, only needed in night time or dark area firefights.
The only use for a suppressor would be for hostage type negotiations or the like where you may need to kill someone quietly.
In my opinion I see no need for these officers to have sound suppressors, very curious why they have them.
Nice catch there, just what are they hunting for or looking to do with those?
LAPD black ops anyone?

Looks like the cop in front is carrying a magazine of 5.56 NATO Red tip tracers too.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Our soldiers in an active war zone operate with a more restrictive ROE than this and would be in it deep if they shot up a vehicle with non combatants in it who had no weapon.

Short of driving into a road block without stopping, of course.

I've always been a supporter of law enforcement (when they do their job and act within the law) and even have family on the job (one of whom I plan to have some fun with discussing this incident later today) but this is just indefensible.

The citizens of that area need to be aware. If / when they think they have this guy located they are not going to try and arrest him. They will shoot first, ask questions later. Nothing gives away the agenda quite like two blind shootings against innocent civilians mistaken for the suspect.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is a little more detail on the second truck shot up by police in So Cal. The victims name is David Perdue. They were trying to kill him because they thought he might be Dorner and was in a similar vehicle. There is at least one great quote by Perdues attorney

LA Times

"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."

"As you know, officers of the Torrance Police Department attempted to kill Mr. Perdue" Thursday, the attorneys wrote in a letter to the agency's chief.

There are some self serving quotes by the Torrence PD, who apparently were the ones who shot up the second vehicle.

"The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances — and these were far from normal circumstances — to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk. "In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

and then to add insult to attempted murder.

The Torrance police chief apologized to Perdue and offered him a rental car and payment for his medical expenses, the statement said.

How very kind of them.

I will reiterate that I do not condone the (alleged) murder of people who's only crime is being related to someone who you have a grudge with. However, police in So Cal have somewhat validated Dorner's claims of systemic excessive violence by their actions Thursday morning. So, I'm somewhat glad they haven't caught him yet so that these victims can get the attention they deserve, and an uncomfortable light is shined on the agencies involved. I'm not a big fan of lawyers but I hope that the victims of the police in these two trucks get a nice payday out of it. It's a shame that the taxpayers in LA and Torrence will be paying these claims instead of the officers individually or out of the departments pension fund.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Everyone who lives in the area of orange county sheriff and LAPD know the level of corruption they are dealing with. Most of these people are pure killers and thugs. The government has resorted to just killing people they deem guilty before trial. This is a growing trend and it is scary,

The gang culture mentality of being a bada$$ and a killer has spilled over into the police force. We are dealing with the same type of people on both sides and their war is spilling over into the civilian populace and has to stop.
edit on 10-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
From the updated article in the LA Times, found HERE, I read this...I've added my own emphasis...

A few minutes later, a truck slowly rolled down the quiet residential street.

As the vehicle approached the house, officers opened fire, unloading a barrage of bullets into the back of the truck. When the shooting stopped, they quickly realized their mistake. The truck was not a Nissan Titan, but a Toyota Tacoma. The color wasn't gray, but aqua blue. And it wasn't Dorner inside the truck, but a woman and her mother delivering copies of the Los Angeles Times.

How does a vehicle "approach" something, but only receive gunfire damage to the rear of the vehicle?
Perhaps it passed by the location? But, then it would indicate that the threat was subsiding, plus, would have offered a perfect opportunity to IDENTIFY that it was not the suspect's vehicle?

Does anyone else have a problem with these events, as reported? Or, is it just me?

Also, from the update:

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck outlined the most detailed account yet of how the shooting unfolded. Margie Carranza, 47, and her mother, Emma Hernandez, 71, were the victims of "a tragic misinterpretation" by officers working under "incredible tension," he said.

And then:

Beck and others...declined to say how many officers were involved, what kind of weapons they used, how many bullets were fired and, perhaps most important, what kind of verbal warnings — if any — were given to the women before the shooting began.

And then this:

Law enforcement sources told The Times that at least seven officers opened fire. On Friday, the street was pockmarked with bullet holes in cars, trees, garage doors and roofs. Residents said they wanted to know what happened.

Followed by:

Glen T. Jonas, the attorney representing the women, said the police officers gave "no commands, no instructions and no opportunity to surrender" before opening fire.

OK...Interesting, but expected from an ambulance chaser...

He described a terrifying encounter...As bullets tore through the cabin, the two women "covered their faces and huddled down," Jonas said. "They felt like it was going on forever."

OK...Bullets EVERYWHERE! It went on "forever" it seemed. One man was quoted saying:

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" said Richard Goo, 62, who counted five bullet holes in the entryway to his house.

Accompanying the article, is a photo, of the back or the Toyota. You can clearly identify, at least two dozen bullet holes in just the rear of the truck. But there were reports of homes, roads, trees, other vehicles, being struck...
One spokesman for the agency said this:

Though Beck said he does not doubt the women did not hear any verbal commands, he emphasized that it was still possible the officers did attempt to stop the vehicle before opening fire.

He thinks that the officers, who were attempting to assassinate an alleged "cop killer" would have attempted to pull the suspect vehicle over. Either with verbal commands, or flashing lights and sirens?

It's obvious, that there was NO warning...It's obvious that this shooting was extremely excessive and meant to eliminate Dorner! And it's obvious, that if your officers can not handle the stress and rigors of the job, they should not be issued weapons that they obviously can not operate safely!

But wait, this is law enforcement we are talking about...Everything they do, is AFTER THE FACT...So:

After the investigation is completed, Beck and an oversight board will decide if officers were justified in the shooting or made mistakes that warrant either punishment or training.

NOW, they want to train them....Sheeesh!

GF~

edit on 2/10/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm assuming you don't have any real world experience with silencers (most people don't) But what you hear in movies/video games is total fantasy. A silencer doesn't cause the gun to make that little pew pew sound. A silenced gun is still relatively loud and people around it will still hear it. The main reason for silencers is that it alters the sound of the shot in a way that it makes it much harder to tell where it's coming from (used often by soldiers as not to give away their position) the other reason for silencers is in urban use (indoors, small areas) if you've ever fired a gun in an open area you know it's loud, you fire one inside a house or other enclosed area and you will almost certainly suffer hearing damage, you don't want to be chasing a dangerous suspect and end up losing your hearing after one shot.

Here's a little video I selected at random for comparison.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Glad no one was hurt.

Insane.

The the mother (driver I believe) was shot twice in the back.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captainpudding

Actually I have used silencers before!
I don't recall ever saying they make the hollywood "pew pew" sound either.
I did mention that they allow people to be killed quietly though, the sound is muffled so that it will not travel for miles like a lions roar in the wild.
The bullet however can make its own crack.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Add another one...this time...a white guy near the beach sneaking in some surf time before work. Good job police...good job.

They are again, chalking it up to these "unusual" circumstances!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Have you seen any reports on what the victim in the second incident was driving? Did they at least open fire on a grey nissan this time?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

REALLY???
Considering the vehicle they are looking for has been toast for a couple of days...
I'll try to find a link.

(Edit)
Ahhh I see, it is the other guy on the same day, yep cops are running skeered.
I also see that they have a 1 million dollar bounty on the officer.
Yep, they scared.

I hope no more civillians have to pay for police officers fear.
edit on 10-2-2013 by g146541 because: i see now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
LAPD chief wants to buy the two women shot a new vehicle. Oh so sorry for attempting to kill you and shot you in the back, allow us to buy you a new vehicle to make it better. I am glad that these two women survived I hope they litigate and bring the LAPD house of cards down. The chief is pretty much admitting to the crime done and tries to down play it. What a scumbag. In the meantime all the officers involved are all on administrative paid leave. They ought to bring charges up on the chief.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

REALLY???
Considering the vehicle they are looking for has been toast for a couple of days...
I'll try to find a link.

(Edit)
Ahhh I see, it is the other guy on the same day, yep cops are running skeered.
I also see that they have a 1 million dollar bounty on the officer.
Yep, they scared.

I hope no more civillians have to pay for police officers fear.

Yeah it seems this was the report that someone earlier in the thread eluded to but only came out recently. It is interesting now that this ordeal is over with (if we are to believe that), what will become of the two ladies who were ambushed (it is a bit of editorializing here but honestly, from the statements of the chief of police to what we know, it sure looks like it) and this gentleman who also got the brunt of an "extraordinary" situation regarding the police.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join