It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mistakenly Shot During Frantic LAPD Manhunt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Everyone is in agreement that this is beyond bizarre right? I mean this guy wrote a manifesto that apparently (unless it's being manipulated) praises fienstien and gun control, at the same time advocaying killing and using guns to kill people.

I don't know what's going on but its more than clear the coops aren't going to let this guy live long enough to clarify. They sure have everyones attention though, if it goes on long enough maybe the gov can sneak a bombing of a country in.
edit on 8-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Police identified the subjects make and model as a 2005 Nissan Titan....this truck....Toyota Tacoma.

That's so insane. I drive a Nissan Titan, and a Tacoma is so much smaller. I parked next to one the other day, huge difference.
Last night I also heard reports that the Nissan could be blue, or gray, or black.
Seriously!?
I would recommend that anyone driving a pickup at this point, in that area, to not drive at all. Anything from a small 4 cylinder truck to a 3/4 ton, or anything in the range of blue/gray/black

This is just getting stupid now when bystanders have to worry more about the cops than the fugitive

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Hold on there Snow, What folks might do if they drive a Nissan pickup...or even ...well any vehicle...get a big flag that says "NOT THE SHOOTER HERE"!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
if you are a big black guy in a truck anywhere around LA,, i would suggest you stay home for a few days, or...put up signs on the sides and back of your truck that says.... (top line), DON'T SHOOT, (bottom line), I WILL SURRENDER

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

Isnt there a federal law about police shooting 1st without being shot at? is a crime.

Actually, this wreaks of ambush.
These cops who played shoot em up at the ok corral are in deep doo doo.
There is no probable cause, suspicion or reasonable doubt here, just some skeered little cops.
Waay wrong vehicle, color, no probable suspect id, just pure fear.
These guys need to be taken off the street yesterday!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is a horror.

It is not a civilian wacko gunning down innocent civilians. It is a case of a cop, or ex-cop targetting and gunning down fellow cops.

And yet again, the focus will be guns, when the REAL issue is that the Rule of Law had broken down, and worse, within law enforcement officers and their management or mismanagement.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. I cannot even begin to find the words. What is happening within LAPD???

Accountability for this mess must be made, and it will not be the guns for sure, Guns are inanimate objects. It is the human/humans behind the guns, the motivations that were the causes.

Worse is that those guns were manufatured for law enforcement officers whom had used it to machine gunned down civilians blindly, thus are the traitorous Democrats gonna hold the gun manufacturers for the police responisble for murder and attempted murder now??

I am sure that NOT ALL police depts in America are as insanely managed as the one in LAPD. Heads will have to roll, right up to the State legislature, for the murder and attempted murder of civilians by the cops as well as the cop killer.

High time the FBI take over the case from the inept hands of the LAPD and they better not obstruct. The Naval commanders and the cop killer's navy trainners as well as his buddies be roped into the crisis management team to figure out his next moves, better than to lock down the entire state due to inefficiences and mismanagement practices of the LAPD, scaring the hell outta civilians now with their insane actions.
edit on 8-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Geesh, I hope that guy was smart and went to Mexico.

That truck looks like overkill on shots fired.

Glad no one was hurt.

Insane.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It seems this manhunt has gotten dangerous and people are getting shot.
No, not by the fugitive in question, by the guys paid to make us feel safe...

They may make *you* feel safe, but the truth is that police today protect and serve -- an out-of-control, criminal government. The fact these police are shooting non-involved civilians should be enough to show you just how unprofessional these people are.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

No doubt, the last part about us "feeling" safe was pure sarcasm.
I think maybe we need to petition to have the protect part of protect and serve removed from all patrol cars.
It is false advertising we all know.
The new motto will be, "to serve".
I think that would help the sleeping folks figure out just what the police are really there to do.

edit on 8-2-2013 by g146541 because: can't spell

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The guy was a cop who saw a fellow cop beat down a mentally retarded kid to a pulp.

He narc'd on the bad cop...to protect the mentally retarded kid that was beaten up.

Then LAPD turned on him for narc'ing on a "Brother".

He's in the right for taking on the mafia....LAPD. God is on his side.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Didn't they say it was about some training exercise or something? Didn't hear that version. Kind of figured this guy didn't go spastic over nothing. That info is interesting now.

Hopefully, they don't find him because if they do, I don't think it will look good on his end.

If he needs someone to watch his Titan for him, I'm over here.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Britguy
Saw news of the other two shootings earlier on here:

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Maybe just me but this looks like sheer criminal / negligent use of firearms by the police officers involved. Seriously, whatever happened to identifying of targets and threat assessment? Seems these days they just like to open fire, maybe thinking they'll be hailed as heroes, and if it all goes to pot, the worst they'll likely get is paid Administrative leave before the department brush it under the carpet and allow them to return to duty unscathed.

In pure speculation mode here...so bear with me:

The police officers in mention know they are looking for a "cop killer (it is alleged after all)" and happen upon a vehicle that looks close enough. To be the hero of their department, they chose to unleash a hail of bullets, thus ending the life of said killer.....but wait....this car isn't the same as what is being reported.....make something up! Windows are tinted! It was on the streets at early hours! We were protecting our own! And on and on and on.......

Or the cops know they are dirty and to further protect themselves they just want to shut this guy up at any cost. Sorry, but from the manifesto this guy looks to have more information on these dirty cops than what has been brought to light thus far. If you were a dirty cop that was being sought by one of your own, what would you do to protect your name and rank in the brotherhood of the LAPD?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Pervius

Didn't they say it was about some training exercise or something? Didn't hear that version. Kind of figured this guy didn't go spastic over nothing. That info is interesting now.

Hopefully, they don't find him because if they do, I don't think it will look good on his end.

If he needs someone to watch his Titan for him, I'm over here.

NO!!! don't drive the guys truck!!
Didn't you read what happens when you drive a vehicle that looks nothing like his!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It was just reported that the two women were delivering newspapers.... They were rolling slow with just their running lights on, rolled down the window to throw the newspaper out and the cops opened fire thinking they were about to be involved in a driveby by the suspect....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Even if this was true, and I seriously doubt it is as these tools lie all of the time!
Why are all of the bullet holes in the rear of the vehicle??
Theyr'e gonna have a hard time proving a newspaper looked like a gun I think.

Here's the worst part folks, these cops are the honest ones!!!
The bad ones would have put a drop gun on em and finished em off!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm not at all defending them, but it was 5:30 in the morning(dark)... They're probably scared as heck... In such an environment, and under stress, I could see how a newspaper could be mistaken for a gun, or a Tacoma mistaken for a Titan, at a couple hundred feet... I haven't seen any diagrams to compare the location of the driveway(where they'd be throwing a newspaper) in comparison to where they were standing guard, so I can't really make any judgement as to the validity of the shooting and it being from behind....

edit on 8-2-2013 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Puts a whole new perspective on "SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER" I guess they could not be bothered with even identifying the logo...
They both are circular with some crap in the middle... Forget they are looking for a big large MAN and not two VIETNAMESE WOMEN, all the same, who gives a crap, they were just protecting themselves from civilian criminals..

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
good ol CHP, Shoot first, ask questions later.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Agreed. I thought police are trained to be able to reason under pressure, and have a higher sense of situational awareness? Also, if you look at where the bullets hit, they are all over the place. I thought police train for accuracy? Why the hell would you shoot up the tailgate? What would that accomplish?

I guess some on the LAPD are just little boys who like to dress up in SWAT gear from time to time and play army.

I'm really surprised at reaction from the people in LA. I guess everyone in there just accepts that the LAPD is corrupt as hell and doesn't care anymore. All it took was one cop in London killing a minority to cause almost a week of rioting and fires. I think the MSM is downplaying the innocent people caught up in this...if for no other reason than to keep everyone calm and non-reactive.

Or, maybe the flouride in our water really has effected the people.

edit on 8-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Why would they shoot at the passenger side of the truck?

Looks like they wanted to kill anyone in that truck, regardless of who was on the other side of their senseless shooting.

Is anyone surprised though? It's the LAPD/CHP.

Also, just about anyone can go down to the academy and pass themselves off as a cop. Pass some tests, show you're fit enough to run around a bit, and bam!...on the force. More testing needs to be done to see if these people are capable of ACTUALLY doing the job...RIGHT.
edit on 8-2-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join