It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I obey the law?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

The fact that you can sit in your chair, in your home in front of your computer with broadband internet and speak freely about your dislike for the government without fear of persecution should speak volumes...

But it doesn't, you take it for granted, hell I take it for granted, we all do really...

Yeah the government sucks, with it's stupid laws but we have the ability to change it, if we so desire.

Complaining on the net is about as far as most go, but some are motivated enough to get it done.

For example, how do you think some countries stopped fluoridation of their water supply?

Did the government just decide to not do it any more?

Or were people motivated enough to stop it happening?

Half of the world's population is in poverty and you have the gall to say that your life is tough?
That your government is against you?

You've got a lot of learning to do if you think you have it bad.

A lot.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It's not an observation because you know absolutely nothing about me, it's an ignorant assumption, probably an attempt at an insult.

I have not proposed more laws, and whether you would hurt anyone or not doesn't matter, because other people would hurt you. You don't seem to be considering everyone else. I have not presented an oxymoron, in fact I haven't presented anything, all I've done is stated how it is, and apparently making an observation makes me brainwashed. Obviously you aren't going to realise the chaos you want if you can't even realise what I've said is how the world currently works. You can't even realise what you have now, you're just whining about laws and police like a spoilt child.

I shouldn't waste my time on stupid threads...
edit on 8-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The fact that you can sit in your chair, in your home in front of your computer with broadband internet and speak freely about your dislike for the government without fear of persecution should speak volumes...

But it doesn't, you take it for granted, hell I take it for granted, we all do really...

Yeah the government sucks, with it's stupid laws but we have the ability to change it, if we so desire.

Complaining on the net is about as far as most go, but some are motivated enough to get it done.

For example, how do you think some countries stopped fluoridation of their water supply?

Did the government just decide to not do it any more?

Or were people motivated enough to stop it happening?

Half of the world's population is in poverty and you have the gall to say that your life is tough?
That your government is against you?

You've got a lot of learning to do if you think you have it bad.

A lot.

Yeah, we all take it for granted. Until recently, I never had much of a connection with the internet. The only reason I do now is because I'm living with my Mamaw to finish school.

Don't underestimate what I've been through. Don't ever do that to anyone.

Yes, there are people in other countries suffering on a constant basis, and it sucks. But that doesn't mean the rest of us don't suffer too. I never said my life was the hardest one ever lived.

I just said it wasn't a walk in the park. And it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

It's not an observation because you know absolutely nothing about me, it's an ignorant assumption, probably an attempt at an insult.

I have not proposed more laws, and whether you would hurt anyone or not doesn't matter, because other people would hurt you. You don't seem to be considering everyone else. I have not presented an oxymoron, in fact I haven't presented anything, all I've done is stated how it is, and apparently making an observation makes me brainwashed. Obviously you aren't going to realise the chaos you want if you can't even realise what I've said is how the world currently works. I shouldn't waste my time on stupid threads...

Again, and I'll type it very clearly.

I never said I wanted anarchy.

I know enough about you to know your views, and from that observation, I see that you're a relatively close minded sheep. Just a logical observation, not an insult.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I shouldn't waste my time on stupid threads...

Yet here you are. My ideas are "stupid" just because they aren't exactly like yours. Get over yourself.

Sheep.

Don't call me a spoilt (spoiled) child. Like I said, go get your ass kicked by some cops, then talk to me like you have some real first hand experience, which you obviously lack.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I have not proposed more laws, and whether you would hurt anyone or not doesn't matter, because other people would hurt you. You don't seem to be considering everyone else. I have not presented an oxymoron, in fact I haven't presented anything, all I've done is stated how it is, and apparently making an observation makes me brainwashed. Obviously you aren't going to realise the chaos you want if you can't even realise what I've said is how the world currently works. I shouldn't waste my time on stupid threads...

I know enough about you to know your views, and from that observation, I see that you're a relatively close minded sheep. Just a logical observation, not an insult.

So my observation that you're spoilt and don't realise what you have is perfectly valid and true.

Again, I don't see how observing how laws currently work makes me a sheep, but then none of your other assumptions are correct or even justified so I expect nothing more.

(Also spoilt is a perfectly valid spelling)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

you ever walk into a police station & try to report one of their fellow gang members?

you cant even get a form without a hassle. seriously. they treat you like a criminal.

i considered myself lucky to be laughed by them & told to leave when remember doing that as a young man

foolishly believing in the system. its broke. top down broken.

this kid has a point & we should encourage a constructive path.

just noticed your from Australia.. it happens man.. it happens..

"Just look at us.Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It´s easy to predict the outcome of people like you. That is, hardcore - "me against the system" types. The system will grind you down until its nothing left. It will do so slowly until you wake up one day as a tired battered old man and nothing but an ominous death to look forward to.
edit on 8-2-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Here`s the thing you need to always remember, 90% of a politicians job is to make laws,in fact on a federal level congress are the only ones that have the authority under the constitution to make laws.
Politicians will continue to make new laws even if no new laws are needed because if they don`t then they are out of a job.

Society doesn`t make laws,a very small group of people within society make the laws that they want and the rest of us are expected to follow their laws. society has no authority to make laws or to stop laws from being made that they disagree with.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I feel you. There's 2 many BS laws these days. But keep ya head up, change is coming soon. The Arab spring did it first and the next is the west. WE are gonna have OUR revolution 2. Banks are falling, politics ain't doing ish people are starting 2 wake up and question the system and the rich and powerfull. Time is ticking until the bomb explodes. Be ready and don't panic. Things are gonna get a whole lot worse before they get better....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

If I believe a law is unjust, I will not follow it.

Some laws are needed, yes.

But some laws are wrongful, invasive, unconstitutional, and flat-out tyrannical. Those are the ones I won't be paying mind to.

You will NOT take me.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.

And tyranny is in power!
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

Many of the same points that had the Founding Fathers an their countryman, my ancestors, our ancestors, so pissed off at a shiny tyrannt on a throne thousands of miles away. Now im seeing that distance cut down and the tyrannts have multiplied into basically a mafia type control method. There is no getting out of it, its been engineered and designed and refined so tha it cannot be.

Who made these people so damn smart that they can tell me what i can and cannot put into my body? A government sactioned study that contradicts the one they did the day before? Backasswards.

A moral sense of right and wrong are whats needed, F@#$ing common sense is whats needed. Not just in this country but around the world. You have that and there wouldnt be a need for laws.

Rise and rise again until Lambs beome Lions.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Obey the law or lose your freedom

That's quite the oxymoron.

How so? Laws aren't necessarily related to freedom.

Laws created from a desire to control a minority are exactly related to freedom.

Peace

They take away your freedom to kill and rape. Is that a bad thing?

thats quite a leap there,

no one is free to kill & rape. why would you equate the two immediately?

the OP never went any where close to suggesting that.

obviously in a civilized society infringing on another persons life, liberty & pursuit of happiness,

as in common law, is agreeable by all to be wrong.... and is regulated with laws punishing those who commit such acts.

the problem is ..

you can follow the law. do the right thing, and still end up in jail. fact. its that corrupt.

you can not deny that in a land with as many laws as we have its gotten out of hand.

20,000 gun laws & the first thing when a tragedy happens anyone wants to do is demonize

& restrict further the law abiding tax paying gun owners. not psychotropic drugs & their huge list of side effects.

or point out fast & furious gave guns to criminals & those guys should be prosecuted...

while those in charge are not held to the same standards. commit a crime, with victims then

get away with it or as the OP points out.. introduce a law that makes it "legal"..

seen it happen in my lifetime.. no warrant wiretapping.. etc, etc..

as we can see the youth of today is paying attention & this young mans vent has a legitimate leg to stand on.

you just want him to goose step in time.. or you wont feel safe.

If I believe a law is unjust, I will not follow it. Some laws are needed, yes. But some laws are wrongful, invasive, unconstitutional, and flat-out tyrannical.

that sounds like a Constitutionally sound statement from a young idealistic American.

we should be addressing the content of his post & not freaking out that someone questions the many obviously

terrible laws in place today & the ones that are being proposed for tomorrow, which has nothing to do with the

law on the books about rape & immediately accused them of wanting to commit a heinous crime. your appeal to

force before was bad enough, let alone this type of ad hominem attack.

i bet you dont want any laws you rapist.

thats basically what you said under the guise of sarcasm not addressing any of the points he made.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I believe most laws protect us so that we can enjoy life without having to look over our shoulders every second of every day. Some people would kill you for looking at them the wrong way, but they don't simply becasue it's against the law and they don't want to go to prison.

And then there's those other laws. The ones telling me I HAVE to spend my money on health insurance no matter how much these insurance companies want to charge.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sorry for chiming in so late in the thread but here is how I see it. There are laws out there that are done for the safety of the people and they make sense(murder, assault, rape, robbery, etc. for example) but when you have an ever growing, ever working group of people that are hired to do nothing but make new laws what do you expect to happen. We started off as a free people but over time our freedoms have been and are systematically removed. Why? Because they are doing the job we gave them. If you give a person a job to build shelves what do they do? They build shelves until you tell them there is enough the same is true with laws. I just don't understand how people can not see this as happening. If we keep making laws for over 200 years what do you suppose happens to our freedoms?

As for the police over stepping their boundaries? They too have a job to do and the constant adding and changing laws impede them in doing said job. When they realize they must act outside the law in order to do their jobs it soon becomes clear that the lines of limitation become drastically blurred and fade away.

This is where reform is needed. Set them and leave them alone unless an oversight occurs and public safety becomes at risk.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

They take away your freedom to kill and rape. Is that a bad thing?

thats quite a leap there, no one is free to kill & rape. why would you equate the two immediately?

A tactic of the collectivists/protectionists like Spearmint here is to go to extremes, then compromise on some "middle ground" in order to incrementally strip our freedoms. This was just a blatant & horrid attempt at it. It doesn't have to make logical sense as long as they make progress in their control agenda.

Then again, he may not be a collectivist, but instead just a "useful idiot" (not my term, that is the term the collectivists in power use to describe their own supporters). They have been brainwashed to the hive mentality & cannot really think for themselves (hence "idiots"), yet work toward the goals of their masters (hence "useful").

For more blatantly idiotic examples see the current gun control/victim disarmament craze going on right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Uhhh...because
you don't want to end up in a 6 X 8 foot cell
with a boyfriend named Bubba.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So my observation that you're spoilt and don't realise what you have is perfectly valid and true.

Again, I don't see how observing how laws currently work makes me a sheep, but then none of your other assumptions are correct or even justified so I expect nothing more.

(Also spoilt is a perfectly valid spelling)

You can't prove anything I say wrong, so... yeah... hang it up.

Stating that all laws are there for our protection and you should lay down and take it, whatever the government decided for you, is not observing laws and stating facts. It's being a sheep.

Google "spoilt." You're using it in the wrong context.

Your assumptions are not true.

Give it up.
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

It´s easy to predict the outcome of people like you. That is, hardcore - "me against the system" types. The system will grind you down until its nothing left. It will do so slowly until you wake up one day as a tired battered old man and nothing but an ominous death to look forward to.
edit on 8-2-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

So be it. And I'm a female.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Here`s the thing you need to always remember, 90% of a politicians job is to make laws,in fact on a federal level congress are the only ones that have the authority under the constitution to make laws.
Politicians will continue to make new laws even if no new laws are needed because if they don`t then they are out of a job.

Society doesn`t make laws,a very small group of people within society make the laws that they want and the rest of us are expected to follow their laws. society has no authority to make laws or to stop laws from being made that they disagree with.

Exactly, which is why I question why I should have a moral obligation to bow to these laws.

I understand we all have to LIVE with them, but I won't worship them. Like I said, if there's a law I don't believe in, it will be broken.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I agree with you 100%. Just one little thing...

as we can see the youth of today is paying attention & this young mans vent has a legitimate leg to stand on.

I'm a girl

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join