Why should I obey the law?

page: 5
14
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


i don't like to say this, but you seem very imature.
we have law's for a reason, if you want to break them, go ahead see where it get's you.




posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


i don't like to say this, but you seem very imature.
we have law's for a reason, if you want to break them, go ahead see where it get's you.


I don't like to say this, but you sound very brainwashed.

While I respect your differing opinion, I deny it.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
because GOD says so pilgrim because god says so .or you can go into the do as thou will shall be the whole of the law camp
fxxk the law i just make mine up as i go along as long as i dont hurt no one .


on the back of the greenback it says IN GOD WE TRUST and god went on to tell us that he had made all the laws for us to live by not too make any more .

so all those lawmakers on the hill somewhere are guilty of treason ???



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
because GOD says so pilgrim because god says so .or you can go into the do as thou will shall be the whole of the law camp
fxxk the law i just make mine up as i go along as long as i dont hurt no one .


on the back of the greenback it says IN GOD WE TRUST and god went on to tell us that he had made all the laws for us to live by not too make any more .

so all those lawmakers on the hill somewhere are guilty of treason ???


Perhaps... I don't believe in ANYTHING that has to do with God or spirituality unless I personally have felt or experienced it. There are a lot of mental traps in religion, just like there are in the main stream media and our general society on a whole.

I believe in God, yes.

The many ways in which God has been worshiped in the past? Not so much.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Spoilt in English English is used as an adjective. E.G The spoilt child. You are a spoilt child. You have been spoiled.

Nothing will come of your whining anyway, thankfully, otherwise there would be chaos.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Spoilt in English English is used as an adjective. E.G The spoilt child. You are a spoilt child. You have been spoiled.

Nothing will come of your whining anyway, thankfully, otherwise there would be chaos.


Keep running your mouth.


Otherwise there would be chaos? I said numerous times. I do not want anarchy.

You're the spoiled one. Spoiled by laws.

Just because I look at the laws differently than you doesn't mean my views can be dismissed as whining.

If this thread is so unworthy of your time, why are you still here? Because you couldn't stand it if you didn't get the last word?

Yet I'm the immature one. Keep it up, San Andreas girl. You're making lots of sense.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This may be Chit Chat....



but the rules still apply....

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Bickering and name-calling ends NOW!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

This may be Chit Chat....



but the rules still apply....

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Bickering and name-calling ends NOW!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.


I was just defending my beliefs, I did nothing wrong.

But, since it's the rules, I'll drop this argument. It's getting fairly pointless anyway. Sorry for the trouble.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Many soldiers are tried and convicted of war crimes, just as many cops are now ex cops when they break the law. You're trying to justify your bad and rebellious behavior...when really, the behavior of others has NOTHING to do with your behavior....

Only YOU are responsible for how you behave...broken home...blah, blah, blah...whose home wasn't broken? That died out in the 50's... To live in a society, you have to abide the rules, or suffer the consequences. Sure, it takes time to change rules you feel are unfair, but it can be (and is) done...and through the legally defined process for doing so.

Too many young people today claim to be victims, and feel entitled to having things handed to them on a silver platter. Bah...if you want success, you have to work at it. Very few of us are just handed it (Paris Hilton for example)... But for those of us not related to billionaires..we're going to have to get success the hard way. I'm betting if your attitude persists...it won't be long before you're posting from a correctional facility...but hey, if that makes you happy.



posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Many soldiers are tried and convicted of war crimes, just as many cops are now ex cops when they break the law. You're trying to justify your bad and rebellious behavior...when really, the behavior of others has NOTHING to do with your behavior....

Only YOU are responsible for how you behave...broken home...blah, blah, blah...whose home wasn't broken? That died out in the 50's... To live in a society, you have to abide the rules, or suffer the consequences. Sure, it takes time to change rules you feel are unfair, but it can be (and is) done...and through the legally defined process for doing so.

Too many young people today claim to be victims, and feel entitled to having things handed to them on a silver platter. Bah...if you want success, you have to work at it. Very few of us are just handed it (Paris Hilton for example)... But for those of us not related to billionaires..we're going to have to get success the hard way. I'm betting if your attitude persists...it won't be long before you're posting from a correctional facility...but hey, if that makes you happy.






Defiance to tyranny is obedience to God.


Ever hear of this quote?

Just because something is a law doesn't mean it's right. Never has.

I wasn't using the "broken home" excuse. I wasn't using any excuse. Just expressing my beliefs.

I understand rules and laws are needed for a functioning society. I'm only gonna say this one more time; I NEVER said I wanted anarchy.

But oppression is taking its toll on us more and more. That is what I am against.

So, by your logic, if something is illegal, it's wrong? And if a law is passed, you obey it no matter what?

If that's the case, America never would have happened... and maybe the Nazis would have succeeded in their attempt to cleanse the world of impure races. Maybe war is a good thing... its legal, after all. The rape and murder of innocent citizens in whatever country your military happens to be invading is wonderful.

The police shooting at innocent people in the man hunt for this rouge cop is perfectly justified. I mean, cops can do whatever they like... its all good.

It's legal and government-run, after all.

Just like the raids, beatings, and rapes in Florida after Katrina.

As long as the authorities are doing it, its okay.

God forbid a citizen step over the line.

That's not legal. So its not okay.



edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just like the raids, beatings, and rapes in Florida after Katrina.



Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Katrina strike a little further west than Florida, may be in New Orleans?



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Theres is a gang of hundreds of thousands. How big is your gang .We obey the law because the law has the biggest stick.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16

Just like the raids, beatings, and rapes in Florida after Katrina.



Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Katrina strike a little further west than Florida, may be in New Orleans?




You're right, I apologize. I thought I might've gotten that wrong. Was replying in a hurry.


Still, point being...




posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Theres is a gang of hundreds of thousands. How big is your gang .We obey the law because the law has the biggest stick.






posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 



Ever hear of this quote?

Just because something is a law doesn't mean it's right. Never has.


No, but many of the laws you professed to break did not seem to be done out of a higher ideal, but simple misbehavior and reckless youth.


I wasn't using the "broken home" excuse. I wasn't using any excuse. Just expressing my beliefs.


Fair enough.


I understand rules and laws are needed for a functioning society. I'm only gonna say this one more time; I NEVER said I wanted anarchy.


Ah, but you do, you simply only want anarchy for YOU and for the rules not to apply to YOU. You can have this if you want, you simply have to live outside of society to do so.


But oppression is taking its toll on us more and more. That is what I am against.

So, by your logic, if something is illegal, it's wrong? And if a law is passed, you obey it no matter what?


You obey it until you can change the law through the proscribed process (or you try and change it illegally, but fully realizing you may have to pay the consequences). You make it sound as if no law has ever been overturned...


If that's the case, America never would have happened... and maybe the Nazis would have succeeded in their attempt to cleanse the world of impure races. Maybe war is a good thing... its legal, after all. The rape and murder of innocent citizens in whatever country your military happens to be invading is wonderful.


Like it or not, war is one process for changing the rules. Murdering or raping civilians is completely different than war. That's a moral failing of the individual soldiers involved, not a failing of the state.


The police shooting at innocent people in the man hunt for this rouge cop is perfectly justified. I mean, cops can do whatever they like... its all good.


I'm sure we'll see some action taken on that, and the victims' families will have some due process.


It's legal and government-run, after all.

Just like the raids, beatings, and rapes in Florida after Katrina.

As long as the authorities are doing it, its okay.

God forbid a citizen step over the line.


Any information to support this? Katrina was pretty much a localized collapse of the state. It was anarchy. Again, the individuals, not the state, are responsible for their actions. Now, if the state failed to punish such wrongdoers, then THAT is an issue you can put on the state.

That's not legal. So its not okay.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   


Any information to support this? Katrina was pretty much a localized collapse of the state. It was anarchy. Again, the individuals, not the state, are responsible for their actions. Now, if the state failed to punish such wrongdoers, then THAT is an issue you can put on the state.
reply to post by Gazrok
 


The only thing I honestly disagree with is that I don't feel as though I should have to obey a certain law until its overturned. Perhaps that's reckless youth, I dunno. But its my personal belief.

Also, as for evidence regarding the anarchy after the hurricane, look at the video I posted in my previous reply.

They aren't talking about hostile citizens. They're talking about hostile cops and/or military, beating people, raping women, and taking their guns.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Basically it doesn't matter what you believe, you live by their laws or you pay the consequences.
I'm not saying their laws are right or just, but they are enforced.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
with the attitude you are displaying, chances are, you will end up doing jail time and learn what loss of freedom really is





edit on 13-2-2013 by SproutKY because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Just expressing my beliefs, it's not whining. YOU sound like the whiner, because you don't agree with me. Pop your thumb out of your mouth and get over it.

I've BEEN the victim of police brutality. There's nothing "first world" about that experience.


I don't believe what you're saying and feel that you are lying to try to get attention. It seems to be a pattern for you.



posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

My fiance and I were crossing a street, cop comes out of nowhere and takes me out.

No one knew his tag number, his name, anything.

If I had ANY of his information, then taking legal action (which I hate) might have been possible. But, I didn't.

PS; By the way, the old lady with the McDonalds coffee was a whiny ass loser, like everyone else who's profession is to sue corporations. I really hate people like that.
edit on 8-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)


Outright lie. If you had contacted the police department they would have known who was in the area at the time and taken action concerning it.

You're just making up stories and seeking attention.





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join